Chapter 90: You All Can Come At Once
2k 0 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Late morning of the next day, the day when the long waited competition begins. Everyone including mortals and cultivators crowded in front of the city combat ring. While cultivators joined to gain experience and become more knowledgeable of different styles and techniques, the mortals didn’t want to be left out of the fun. It’s not every day one can see such a spectacle. Not to mention while they may witness the birth of some legendary characters as well.

And currently such a character stood in front of the ring, looking pissed. Behind him stood a mature woman wearing a simple veil. From her noble disposition and mannerisms, anyone knew better than to mess around with her.

Obviously, it was none other Shen and Yu Ruyan.

Last night he had to cut his session with Yu Ruyan short due to the sudden appearance of a few presences. It took no brainer to figure out who they were. Obviously, the Yang and Gongyang Family. This caused him to feel excited. Finally, he would get some fun but they ran faster than wind after noticing Shen.

The Yang and Gongyang family totally pissed him off but he couldn’t really do anything, at least not now.

To make things worse Yu He and her grandfather, Yu Donghao, separated from the group with the excuse of a business meeting. On top of that Yu Yu took Wenren Wugou and Wenren Wushuang with her, to tour the city, leaving only him and Yu Ruyan alone. Now he might’ve appreciated it if it was night or they were in a rather cozy place but at this moment, he would like accompany of the beauties who left him...

“Hey hey, did you hear, the Yang family’s young master was beaten badly by a no name young man?”

Suddenly, some interesting whispers reached his ear, momentarily taking his focus.

“Heh, you know nothing. Even Gongyang Yu of the Gongyang family was viciously injured. I even heard, every bone of his body was broken... including his jaws!” replied a man who had a wretched look on his face.

“Ouch! that must’ve heart,” jokingly sympathized a young man.

“Is that true? I heard many rumors but I don’t dare believe them. I mean the Yang family by now would’ve severed his arms and tie him on the city walls.”

“Heh, I’ll tell you some inside information. Not only the Yang and Gongyang family did not touch the young man. They even apologized and willingly handed over precious grade medical herbs. Apparently, the young man has an earth-shattering background.” The same wretched looking man explained his inside information while looking proud.

Shen only chuckled at those exaggerated rumors but he didn’t think there was any need to correct them. Although he broke Gongyang Yu's jaw and some bones but the numbers were sorely lacking to be called 'every bone.' While thinking rumors are powerful in any world his gaze was attracted by the sudden appearance of a man on top of the ring. The man looked in his 50s but his voice was filled with vitality and life.

“This old man here is known as Song Yamu, an elder of the Song Family of the City Lord’s Villa. I’ll act as the judge during this tournament,” the old man paused to see the reaction of the majority of the populace as if satisfied with the result he continued, “Most of you should be already clear about the rules, I’ll only point out the most important one. While accidents might happen during the exchange of pointers, you cannot deal any vicious damage or intentionally attack in any type of life-threatening manner... The first prize for the winner is 200 grams of 500 years old Lingzhi! The second and third place will be also rewarded accordingly”

The old man didn’t wait for anyone’s question and moved to the side of the ring, “Now, the competition begins.”

As soon as the old man declared the beginning of the competition two young men immediately jumped on the ring. It seems they were both caught off-guarded by the sudden appearance of the other party but soon they regained their composure. They both greeted each other with a martial salute and introduced themselves.

“Chong Tang from the Chong family of the Hamsu City. 20 years old”

“Xu Chin of the Xu family, 21 years old, from Hamsong City. Please guide me well.”

Although it might look like a completely arranged competition, in reality, it’s not. The judge won’t force anyone to fight, neither will they arrange two parties. Either someone can go on the ring and call out the name of the person they wish to challenge or wait for someone to willingly come up and ‘exchange pointers’ with them. Just that both parties must be a participant of the tournament.

Both parties didn’t waste any longer and launched at each other but just from the first exchange, the result was clear as day. Chong Tong was sorely lacking compared to Xu Chin. Maybe due to their one year age gap they had a difference in skill but in a competition such a thing didn't matter. One can only blame their incompetence for loss or defeat.

The match was decided in three exchanges. All three being the Xu Chin’s win. Naturally this pleased the older generations of the Hamsong City. The better the result of their city, the greater their pride but only pride didn’t involve in this tournament. This tournament also separated the resource areas of these nine cities! Naturally one can understand why this competition was held so highly.

Chong Tang, the winner of the round, got off the ring and meditated to recover his strength. Depending on the winner’s choice they can continue to battle or again choose to battle after recovery. Meaning one can fight again as long as they were not defeated.

The next few rounds went without much hype. Either the differences between the opponents were too high or they were from humble origins and failed to show any profound techniques, dwindling the liveliness of the tournament greatly. At that time, a female cultivator from humble origin showed profound mastery on her sword styles and footsteps, making the once dead tournament lively once again.

At that time, a buff guy climbed on top of the ring, with his body frame twice the size of the norm, he looked no different from a giant, but he was by no way taller than normal humans either. With a little darkish skin on his body, he stood out among the crowd from the start and the heavy sword on his back exuded an imposing aura. Overall, he looked rather cute than imposing yet the strength of his muscles were no joke.

“Nie Ping, Core disciple of the Hundred Steps Sword Sect, still 22. Please guide me well.” His masculine voice definitely matched his imposing stature. Sweeping his gaze around the ring as if searching for his suitable opponent, he pointed at Shen.

“You, I challenge you.”

Now it came to Shen with no surprise. When he saw the man on the ring, he knew he would be challenged. For a simple reason, a few gazes were lingering on him from the time he entered the ring area. With his strong mental power and instincts, he discovered every single one.

Shen slowly walked on top of the ring with a cunning smile pasted on his lips. He silently gazed at the stage located just 50 meters west from the ring. The city lords and the powerhouses of the nine cities sat there on three rows. He flashed a bright smile at Yang and Gongyang Patriarch before moving his gaze. It surprised him when he found Yu He and Yu Donghao chatting with an old looking woman. But without a doubt, that woman was a powerful expert, even more, powerful than the current him. He even wondered why such a person was in this place.

Shaking those distracting thoughts, he brought his attention towards the man. Strictly speaking just from the facial expressions, the man looked no less than 25. Of course, the elders can check the bone age if they feel the participants' falsified their age or their age surpassed the limit but such things could be easily passed with few silvers.

With a strange smile on his face, he introduced himself, “Shen, 19 years old, Hundred Miles City.”

Instantly Ruyan’s facial expression turned dark. Shen hardly suppressed his laughter as he thought about her current expression. Although he couldn’t see her due to his back facing towards her, it didn't stop him from guessing the priceless expression.

But if he said he was 16 years old, almost no one would believe him. His fast growth caused him to look no less than 18-19 years old grown man. So in a way, it was more than just teasing Yu Ruyan. And no one other than Ruyan should know about his real age, including the girls but unknown to Shen, there was another woman who had a similar dark face like Ruyan.

Frown and look of ridicule appeared among the cultivators of the other cities. However, the ridicule was not directed toward Shen directly but rather because he came from Hundred Miles City. The Hundred Miles City might look grand from the small villages and other smaller cities, among the nine cities they were the lowest and gained the least amount of resource. Anyone can understand the reason behind their abnormal reaction.

Though this didn’t bother Shen a single bit. He flashed a wild grin, “If you want to injure me, you should be prepared.”

His words provoked the man to grin darkly.

Boom!

Without further ado, the man, Nie Ping, displayed his explosive strength and rapidly rushed at Shen. The ground beneath his foot boomed loudly as he swiftly whacked at Shen with the heavy sword which was hanging on his back just a moment ago.

Shen rapidly dodged and sometimes tried to counter but every time he failed miserably. His clothes were even sliced from many parts and he looked pitiful but there were excited shouts among the crowd.

“That’s right, push him. Throw him out of the ring!”

“No, beat him!”

“Make him surrender!”

Shen reached the end of the ring and had no place to back down.

“Haha, prepare to admit defeat!” Nie Ping shouted in a victorious tone. He could already see his victory and obtain the promised reward from both Yang and Gongyang family.

A smirk crept on Shen’s cheek causing Nie Ping to suddenly have slight discomfort in his heart but he can already see the benefits offered by the two giant families. But suddenly a cracking sound reached his ears and his vision slightly blurred before he lost his fading conscious.

“...”

“...”

“...”

The sudden anticlimactic situation caused the crowd to become dead silent. Even breathing of sound could be hardly perceived by anyone. It didn’t, however, remain silent for long as the crowd immediately cheered out loudly but again it was stopped by Shen’s sudden calm declaration,

“Now, I challenge every one of the remaining participants. You can all come at me at once, or take your sweet time coming one by one.”

 

This chapter is coming from my new found motivation. Another chapter might come today... possibly.

Big Thanks to Winston Liu (Ally) for his support on Patreon!!

And it will take a few days for Long Live Summons FF but it won’t be too long, I promise.
I just don't want it to feel like the current novel which is lacking greatly.

26