Chapter 100: Mystery of Birth
1.9k 10 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

During the 10th day of the Chinese new year, Shen underwent the coming of age ceremony. The ceremony was of paramount importance in the world of the nine continents. Only after the ceremony would they be legally considered adults. Marriage, having children, setting up a family and starting your own career, all that could only be condoned after one had gone through the coming of age ceremony.

While Shen didn’t think he must follow the rules of the nine continents. Since it didn’t hurt, he was more welcoming to it. The things to note during the ceremony were very simple; one had to bow to the heavens, the earth, and their ancestors before it was concluded. Alongside Shen, there was also Lingshuang undergoing the ceremony with him.

Now Shen encountered another hurdle. After leaving the Duanmu Clan, he decisively forgo the name of the Duanmu Clan. He was not someone originally from Duanmu Clan nor did he have any sense of belonging there. If he kept using the name of Duanmu Clan, they would surely come to take advantage of him someday. And following him, even Lingshuang did the same. But She never thought so complicatedly. Her sense of motivation lied at her brother. Since her brother didn’t like the name, she didn’t either. And now, he will have to take a family name. He could take on Yu Ruyan’s surname, ‘Yu’, or something entirely different.

Normally when someone doesn’t give his or her family name while introducing themselves, people might easily mistake it as if they are trying to hide their origin. Or sometimes, they might even feel offended.

Even during Shen’s journey, many people thought the same. Although most didn’t take offense, they thought Shen was hiding his origin. While it was because he didn’t have a family name.

But it wasn’t something he had to do immediately so thought he would take a cool family name. While he considered taking Ruyan’s family name, he shook his head soon after. Ruyan wasn’t his mother. She was his lover and wife. If he took her name it would seem like he married into Yu family... That was just an excuse though, it was because he wanted a cool family name.

He was more worried about Yu Ruyan. After he returned from Hamsong City and completed his coming age of ceremony, she looked distracted and bothered by something. As much as he wanted to inquire, he couldn’t ignore Lingshuang, who was extremely excited since they finally became ‘adult’ and wanted him to take her to a sky tour.

“No, brother, are you not being mean? Why would you run away when I just want to fly on your bird?” Lingshuang cutely complained as the bird flew without any destination.

Shen received a powerful attack, “Ru, run away? ShuangShuang, you must be imagining things. I can never run away from you.”

“Liar! You definitely made an unwilling face when I proposed the idea, humph!” Lingshuang cutely snorted as she turned away. Since she was on the back of the bird, she felt nervous to stand up. So she could only turn her face and not her body.

Shen composed himself and denied, “Definitely not. It’s just I was thinking something carefully.”

“Hmph! So, were you planning to sneak in Night Fragrance Court or ambushing a helpless damsel? I am the only one who’s happy about turning to an adult. Your head is always filled with dirty things. Pervert!”

A smirk suddenly formed on Shen’s face, “Oho, certainly my head is filled with dirty things. After all, I’m an adult. And I was an adult even before today. You remember, right?” Shen suddenly pushed Lingshuang’s shoulders and her body laid flat. Shen grinned, “So, do you want to be a real adult?”

Lingshuang suddenly remembered the event between Shen and Yu Ruyan, where they madly made out with each other. Even now she dreams of that now and then. Of course, the other party with Shen in her dream wasn’t Yu Ruyan, it was her own self.

“Do-don’t think I will let you eat me...” Lingshuang stayed strong and glared at him.

“Let me eat you? Hehe, where did you learn that?”

“I won’t fall for that, boo” Lingshuang cutely stuck out her pink tongue and suddenly she felt a warm sensation, different from the cold atmosphere, wrapping around her tongue and a fierce suction sucked in her tongue.

Lingshuang’s eyes opened wide, and she found another pair of eyes very close to hers. She understood what exactly took place when she had her guard down. A warm fleshy prison had captured her small tongue. She wanted to retract her tongue immediately, but it was helpless. Sharp ends lightly touched her tongue. She glared to let her go but only a threatening gaze returned.

Lingshuang knew Shen wouldn’t bite her, but she couldn’t be sure. And as she was trying to struggle out, her mind focused on her tongue and lips. It was fascinating. It was her first kiss. Although unique, it’s still counted as a kiss.

Shen had taken great advantage of her a lot, but this was his first time trying to kiss and kissing Lingshuang. He lightly bit on her tongue and pulled the part remaining her mouth out.

Lingshuang’s mind blanked for a moment, she never knew such an attack was possible. But the force parted her lips and took her tongue out. Shen sucked in her petite tongue and his lips finally pressed on hers.

Not long after Lingshuang tongue responded with his. And just when he loosened his grip, he was pushed away. Shen looked at Lingshuang with surprise. She looked angry with a blush which reached the end of her ears. He didn’t think she would use such a method to push him away. First, she reciprocated to his kiss and when he let his guard down; she pushed him away. It was a brilliant and exceptional idea. He never considered Lingshuang using such crafty method.

Forgetting she was on top of the flying bird, Lingshuang hurled herself above Shen, “You! You are always unreasonable! Doing whatever you wish. Never considering how I feel. Worst, you even had relations with sister Ruyan when I had no idea. Those women in Hamsong City, I’m sure they all gathered there for you. Truly hateful, I thought I had the most advantage and now I have none.”

Shen had his mouth opened wide. He had no idea about Lingshuang’s insecurities. She was someone close to him from childhood. Excluding his last journey, he never went far where they would be separated for more than a week. If they left the country, it would always be together, including Yu Ruyan, who was overly protective of both Shen and Lingshuang.

From his view, Lingshuang had no reason to feel insecure. He always cared for her and loved her. If there was anyone who was irreplaceable in his heart. She would surely be one of them. Even if he had more women, her position won’t change a bit. But he realized after breaking through the Xiantian realm he changed. Although he didn’t notice at first but many things changed in less than a year, and slowly but surely, he was recognizing how huge the change was. But the others noticed his change before him and that gave birth of various feeling in them.

“Who said you have no advantage? Don’t you have the full access?” Shen spread his arms as he said in a relaxed manner.

Lingshuang became irritated. She was familiar with his laid-back attitude and she hated it the most. She punched him in frustration and slumped on top of his body and asked in a soft voice, “Full access? What do you mean?”

“You’re already mine, dear. Although I can’t say I’m fully yours, you have me now, no?”

“You are the worst brother. And the way you say it gives me an unsettling feeling… I know I can’t have you all for me, but I can do anything now, right? Don’t move.”

“Alright, Princess, your wish is my command.”

“Pfft... you won’t take advantage of me, right?”

“Princess, feel free to take advantage of me. Although I might lose a lot, I can only bear it— oww, that hurts, what was that for?”

“Shut up!”

“...”

......

Shen sat on the rooftop of Yu Villa. In front of him sat Ruyan, who had a very serious expression.

“So, basically, you are saying Lingshuang isn’t my birth sister, and you didn’t find me but I just suddenly appeared?” Shen tried to process what Yu Ruyan said and tried to make it simple.

Yu Ruyan let out another sigh. Lately, she had fallen in a dilemma. Shen’s past. She didn’t know whether she should tell him or not. After much deliberation, she told him; he had the right to know. Not that she knew much either, but it might help him to figure out his past.

“Ah... No, don’t interrupt me this time and listen carefully...”

To simplify what she said: Lingshuang’s birth parents were Yu Ruyan’s friend. They died in an incident against demonic beasts. While they didn’t survive, they protected their child, Lingshuang, until the rescue appeared. And their rescue was Yu Ruyan’s Late Husband and herself, but they were too late to save the father and mother couple. Her late husband was also gravely injured by the demonic beasts, which played a big part in his death. Only Seven survived that event, including Yu Ruyan, her late husband and the baby Lingshuang.

While returning, she found a golden ball of light flying in the middle of the forest. Upon cautiously approaching the light, she realized it was a human baby boy floating in the sky. The baby had golden hair and as the glowing lights slowly dimmed down his hair turned black. She received the mystical boy and brought him back with Lingshuang.

And that boy was Shen. Yu Ruyan had no idea about Shen’s real background, this was the best she knew at the moment. That’s why she wasn’t that surprised when showed signs of mysteriousness from his childhood. She suspected something from the start, but before she realized, she already fell for him…

 

100th chappy...
I preserved till now... sweats heavily
I should take a step higher.

24