Chapter 111: A Familiar Figure
1.7k 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Revealing the Mortal Realm to Yu Ruyan and Mingyue Gelou took off a great stone from Shen’s heart. It might look as simple as just revealing your secret toy to your friend, but to Shen, it was as if he explained a doujinshi in great detail to his mother. Especially in the case of Yu Ruyan. She trusted him the most, but it was also easy to hurt her feelings.

His only hope remained that he could avoid exposing the Immortal Realm to them. After all, no matter how one looked at the Immortal Realm, he got it a long time ago and the time difference will only increase from now on. But if he could really let his girls enter the Immortal Realm, he wouldn’t hide it either.

He dispersed these complex feelings as he stood before the waterfall, one could only describe as huge. The source of the waterfall couldn’t be seen as it was covered by a thin layer of mist, but everything passed the thin layer without touching, creating a mystical scene as if the waterfall came out from a painting. If one looked from the ground, they would feel as if the sky was falling upon them.

The water striking the bank of river looked similar to a beautiful painting. However, Shen found the surprising force with the help of Absolute Vision. Enough to make him wonder whether his current body could even withstand the pressure. Astonishingly, a large stone slab of unknown height and material remained strong below the waterfall, at the height of the river. The river similarly had more than half of its body inside the layer of mist.

With a swift jump, Shen dived inside the waterfall. Instantly, the water striking his body forced on the stone slab. Shen got a proper footing but only now did he understand how solid the material was. Even while circulating the Qi of Absolute Strengthening Technique through his body, he couldn’t withstand the pressure of water striking on his body. His knees on the rock, his back bent. Yet the stone slab had a smooth surface, devoid of any devoid of any cracks or crevices, much less a scratch.

The water was like liquified iron, piercing through the very core of his foundation, not letting him stand straight. The blood in his body raged furiously, and his skin turned crimson red. After three breaths of time, Shen couldn’t bear the pressure anymore and had difficulty to take a proper breath. Just when his body lost control and almost fell flat on the rocky terrain, his body disappeared and reappeared on the outside world before instantly disappearing again. This time he was directly inside the pond of the Immortal Realm.

The sudden disappearance of the crushing force caused his hungry lungs to gasp for air, only to draw in large amounts of water. Causing him to throw in a coughing fit.

With a heaving heart, Shen found his footing in the pond. Vapor surrounded his body as they drifted upwards. The water around him boiled fiercely. Almost as if someone had dumped large amounts of molten iron in the pond.

Shen let out deep breaths. Like a raging fire, every breath drew a wild arc in the misty vapor. After a full hour, his body finally regained its original color. No longer looking similar to that of a cooked fish.

Getting off the pond, Shen finally realized that his clothes had already reduced to rags. While changing, a sudden realization hit him. He underestimated the waterfall greatly. He couldn’t see the exact height of the waterfall, due to most of it being inside the layer of mist. He readily decided its height but the original height should be ten, even twenty times greater than what he could see.

Just the sight of that large and great waterfall filled him with goosebumps, and also, a bit of expectation. After all, even the exceptionally rare and incomparable scenery would be a kind of fulfillment. While he could also cultivate his body even in the higher layers.

In that three breaths of time, the tremendous pressure stimulated his body’s potential, boosting the speed of producing absolute blood hugely!

The only downside left him depressed. Just three breaths of time had limited effect and it took a  full hour to cool down his raging blood. Not to mention there might be some accidents, unlike this time. And this was considering he was at the outer layer of the waterfall where the force was the weakest.

With a thoughtful sigh, he left the Immortal Realm. Thankfully he didn’t use the realm to the limit of time, else, his fate would’ve been unknown at this point. Also, because he tried to directly shift himself from the Mortal Realm to the Immortal Realm, but as he couldn’t enter the Immortal Realm from the Mortal Realm directly. He took him extra time and almost got crushed by the water force.

The sky had already darkened outside. Either of Yu Ruyan or Mingyue Gelou had yet to leave the Mortal Realm. Although they seemed to accept it quite readily, their action easily revealed how much apprehension they held towards the realm and palace.

Not that he failed to understand their feelings. The existence of a realm—similar to a small world—inside a human had enough shocking destructiveness, topping the excessively large palace, also a treasure was a bit too much, even for Shen himself. So he didn’t blame them. After examining or whatever, they would surely accept them or might even love them. Even he might be the same as them if Mingyue Gelou or Yu Ruyan revealed something similar, or might be even more worried.

“Sure, even a bustling street could feel peaceful, huh?” Shen wondered aloud as he looked at the packed street bustling with life and energetic atmosphere. The pressure from the waterfall and reaching the limit of his body drained a lot of his mental power. Forcing Shen to go out and take a breather.

“It sure can, is this the first time you have realized this?” A feminine but unfamiliar voice, yet he felt as if he heard it somewhere, sounded behind his back.

Surprised, Shen turned back. A graceful figure greeted his sight. A familiar figure, albeit they interacted for a short moment and he had little to zero goodwill towards her.

“Miss Leng?” Shen said in a questioning tone, an almost undetectable frown formed on his face. Once again she sneaked behind him but he failed to notice. Although she had no ill-intent, being able to sneak around him made her dangerous.

“Woah, you still remember my name? I’m so happy!” Leng Yulan had a weird tone. She sounded more surprised than happy. But with Shen’s memory, it would be hard to forget if he didn’t want to. Though he didn’t try to explain anything.

“Yes, it was a good fight, sadly, it ended too fast.” Shen put on a disappointed face as he flatly stated.

During the Tournament of Nine Cities, they only exchanged two moves before Leng Yulan forfeited from the match, making Shen displeased. That time, Shen also lost track of her position once and this time, she even snuck behind his back without him realizing. However, at most, her cultivation reached the peak of Houtian Realm.

“Please, we both know that wasn’t your real strength and I’m sure we have our reasons. I couldn’t keep fighting you without exposing myself either. I had no intention to win so, I decided to forfeit. We can have a second match anytime if you want...” her voice changed, becoming more delicate, almost enchanting as if Shen stood before a refined beauty, “However, I can’t promise the result would be the same.”

Shen’s frown deepened, finally becoming more apparent. He understood what she revealed didn’t seem to be the truth anymore. Her nature had the qualities of cautiousness and fast judgment.

“I see, I’ll look forward to the different result. Then, may I know the reason for your visit? It wouldn’t be just to have another match right?” Shen wondered why would there be a reason for her to search for him and he could only find the match. She won’t be so petty to come for the winning prize, right? It had already been more than a month!

Leng Yulan immediately returned to her previous casual state and smiled, “Of course not!... Well, you see, I’m troubled. Qing Shui doesn’t have the Yin-Yang Pendant, nor the purple mark between his brows. It’s weird, he should have definitely, definitely have that, don’t you think so too?”

Shen’s expression almost contorted, almost. But he quickly controlled his facial muscles and thumping heart.

“Oh, you know Qing Shui?” He said in a surprising tone.

Leng Yulan nodded, “That’s right, I just met him last month after the tournament. I was originally here for him, but I already don’t have a reason. You know, it took me years to come here and all in vain. It’s sad no?”

“Alright, can you explain a little? Somehow you are speaking nonsense.” Shen decided to take the perfect idiot path and feigned total ignorance.

“Hey, you! I’m here with good intent! Don’t act like you can’t follow the conversation!” Leng Yulan shouted, attracting attention from the crowd around them.

“Err, First, I think we will need a different location.”

Which Leng Yulan also agreed, looking a bit embarrassed.

Wow, update after a long time, are you surprised?

OOF, what did you say? It was nothing compared to my past long-lasting absence?

"..."

25