Chapter 114: Failed Evil Plans
1.5k 5 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Leaving Leng Yulan behind, Shen let out a tired sigh. Just exchanging words with her had exhausted him mentally.

Still, his biggest fear didn’t come true. Leng Yulan wasn’t someone from his world. She didn’t have the knowledge regarding the events or the history that will happen in the future, nor would she actively get in his way. Though that didn’t mean she won’t interfere with his plan. As long as she joined with Qing Shui, it would literally change the whole picture. Still, he felt grateful for her to not have those knowledge.

Normally, one or two normal person joining Qing Shui wouldn’t really worry Shen. But Leng Yulan was anything but normal. He could feel it. Her body had at least three high-grade treasures.

It wasn’t that he hadn’t recognized the dangers she could bring and still not think of killing her, but when she lost consciousness, he could feel three vague auras protecting her. Maybe he could successfully kill her but he would be severely injured at the same time. For something he wasn’t even sure of, he didn’t take such a risk. At the same time, her strength had equaled him. His strength didn’t reach the average peak Martial King level power, however, Leng Yulan wasn’t much stronger than him. If his deduction was correct, she was only 19-22.

Shen murmured something incomprehensible before pushing these thoughts behind the back of his head.

During the time Shen guarded Leng Yulan, he carefully surveyed every corner of his body for hidden injuries. He found something interesting. The effects of training under the waterfall was much more than he thought. Not only did his body became robust and the speed of absolute blood-producing accelerated too. This intensive training also made his Blood Qi vigorous and purified his subpar quality Vitality. Even his Absolute Qi became more flexible and faster to circulate.

[A/N: Blood Qi, previously described as Blood Energy.]

What made him happier the most was the Blood Qi. After transmigrating to this world, the times he had to fight bloody battles were relatively less than what he did in his last. The formation and strength of Blood Qi increase over the process of severe injury and healing many times over. However, when he trained under the waterfall, his body burned like a cauldron. Although he hadn’t received any injuries, the effect was similar. The burning and cooling process of his blood and tendons were similar to the suffering from injuries and healing.

But Shen’s target wasn’t the Blood Qi, it was the Life Qi. Only by having pure Vitality and vigorous Blood Qi and after going through a strenuous process would he be able to cultivate the Life Qi. It was a long and complicated process, still, Shen didn’t think about putting it off for later. Just this showed how much Life Qi had effect for him.

Many high-level healing techniques required Life Qi. Having Life Qi not only boosted his recovery speed but also he could use that qi to recover from fatal injuries that couldn’t be healed by normal pill or treatments. 

He immediately decided to execute his plan, but as he was about to enter the Mortal Realm, Yu Ruyan appeared before him without any ripple.

“Oh, it worked,” Ruyan thoughtfully touched her chin. Glancing at her surroundings she asked the stunned Shen, “Why are you in the forest?”

“...Eh? Just met someone irritating.” Shen rudely pushed Leng Yulan face which appeared in his mind. Thinking for a bit, he asked, “How does that teleportation work? Any trouble with getting in and out of the realm?”

“That... I still have to test properly.”

Shen took her hand and teleported inside the Mortal Realm. Quite unexpectedly he found Gelou outside the Heavenly Emperor Palace, looking troubled and distressed.

Seeing Shen’s look, Ruyan explained. “Gelou wants to come out. She spent a long time to go through most of the facilities inside the palace but it seems she mixed up everything up in the process. Anyway, it’s too big and we can only take it slowly.”

“Pfft... Hahaha!” Shen couldn’t contain his laughter and immediately burst out.

Ruyan didn’t get angry, even her eyes smiled, apparently, she also found Gelou’s cute actions funny.

Gelou pouted slightly and rolled her eyes. She didn’t dare to show her pouting face to Ruyan. Only when she wasn’t looking did she roll her eyes at him. Gelou rarely showed such a spoiled act, maybe only after she laid on his chest after strenuous battles. Still, her worry and distress were visible in her eyes. Under the urging gaze of Shen, she parted her lips to explain, “I don’t know. I’m sure I remember everything clearly, but when I went back to the previous rooms they were clearly not the same. Not just different, they were completely new rooms that I haven’t seen before.”

In fact, Gelou wasn’t someone careless with her duties. Maybe even too strict. She wouldn’t mess up with remembering something as simple as rooms and facilities. However, the Heavenly Emperor Palace wasn’t just a normal palace. It was a treasure. A treasure which had a petty and jealous treasure spirit, who couldn’t bear seeing another human receiving intimate affection of her Master. Combined with the cat that only added fuel to the fire, the poor Mingyue Gelou was going through brain-numbing confusions.

How could Shen not understand what transpired? He instantly identified the culprits. Still, he couldn’t do anything, especially with Yu Ruyan and Mingyue Gelou inside the realm.

“Ah, it's alright. I think there’s some strange mechanism inside the palace to ward off outsiders. I forgot to shut them down.” Shen replied with a sorry face as he consoled Mingyue Gelou.

He took out a few normal fruits from the Immortal Realm, handing them to Ruyan and Gelou. “You two, take a rest for now. I’ll call you out when I return home.” Shen didn’t wait for them anymore and immediately left the realm.

Returning home didn’t take him long, but as soon as he entered the courtyard, he found two familiar figures. A charming woman with an exquisite body and buxom figure and a man sitting in a wheelchair, looking frail as if his life could wither at any moment. Contrary to his physical condition, his eyes glowed like a bright torch.

Only now did he remember his promise to treat Yu Donghao. It wasn’t that he forgot about Yu Donghao, but since after he got engrossed to figure out his origin everything just flew out of his mind. Maybe if Yu He and Yu Donghao didn’t visit today, he would’ve found them the next day by himself.

Yu He and Yu Donghao also looked astonished seeing Shen. They visited three times last month. As Shen was still in ‘seclusion’ they had to return sadly. Yu Donghao knew his condition better than anyone else. Injuries of Dantian couldn’t be recovered by any kind of pellets. Yu Dongho tried to explain his granddaughter many times that his dantian had no hope and what Shen did was only to console her. Since he didn’t want to embarrass himself, he could only hide his skin by entering seclusion.

However, Yu He was persistent and hopeful. She hadn’t let Yu Donghao, her grandfather, demoralize her. Among Yu Donghao and Yu He, she obviously knew Shen, the love of her life, better.

Before he said her grandfather’s condition was bad but it was definitely curable. This time, this time he said he can cure him. Yu He was someone who believed in her love unconditionally. Even for a moment, she hadn’t doubted Shen. Seeing Shen, she was incomparably happy.

She received the news from Lingshuang, whom Shen had yet to meet after leaving his seclusion, that Shen left his seclusion yesterday. Yu He felt she was being a bit too hurried but she brought her grandfather with her.

“Greetings, grandpa Yu.” calmly greeting Yu Donghao, Shen smilingly nodded at Yu He.

Yu He also nodded at him but before she could say anything, Yu Donghao laughed out cheerily, “You brat, how long do you want to let this old bone suffer?”

Shen let out a wry laugh, “How can I dare, Grandpa Yu? It’s only because of some difficulties did I have to close myself from the outside world.”

“Don’t say. You brat, I heard you want to treat me. I know better than any others just how bad my own condition is. If there are no miracle pills or celestial pellets, I will always remain a cripple.” Yu Donghao didn’t beat around the bush and immediately got into the main topic.

Shen also nodded, “I know something similar to the medical arts. Although they aren’t miracle pills, I’ll try my best to do anything for you.”

“Hah, young man, do whatever you wish, I won’t stop you.” Yu Donghao sighed loudly, his condition couldn’t get worse, he might as well accepted the urging of his granddaughter. Only her presence still kept him alive.

“Please get ready, I’ll ask Gelou to help you... Yu He, help me arrange some things. Grandpa, please wait here for a moment.” Shen didn’t dally anymore and immediately disappeared into one of the rooms.

He willed Yu Ruyan and Mingyue to come out of the Mortal Realm and immediately they appeared in front of him without any ripple. It seems it was possible to call anyone out with his will.

Both Ruyan and Gelou had a surprised expression at the sudden change of surroundings. They were talking about how to manage the palace and the empty space surrounding it, their steps still progressed forward, bumping on Shen. Only when they were both on his embrace did they realize they were out of the realm.

Suddenly, Shen had two beauties on his both arms!

“Gelou, Yu He and grandpa Yu are waiting outside. I will treat grandpa Yu, please help him in our guest room.” Shen didn’t mind Yu Ruyan on his left and instructed Mingyue Gelou. The latter felt embarrassed and hard to say anything. She only nodded shyly before getting out of his embrace. Not daring to raise her head the whole time.

To her, Yu Ruyan was an existence she respected and could only look up to. Both of them loved Shen, and so did he. However, she still didn’t dare to meet Yu Ruyan’s eyes when he hugged them both.

Such things, of course, didn’t escape Shen’s eyes. But he couldn’t do anything either. Only time and she herself can overcome her troubles. If she failed, maybe he would have to think of something to help her.

“Oh~ you can speak calmly even with me and Gelou in your embrace, not bad, not bad.” Yu Ruyan said as she mused, “You have grown pretty quick, I still remember how you stuttered when Yu He teased you. Too bad, it seems she got tamed the other way around.”

Shen’s face turned ashen as if Yu Ruyan’s words reminded him of something he wished to forget. Grinning darkly, he whispered some words to her, which in turn reddened Ruyan’s cheek.

“Hmph, you can say that when your prowess surpasses mine. Don’t even dream.” Ruyan coldly snorted before she escaped his sneaky hands which were about to grab her perky rear.

Shen could only squeeze the empty air in regret.

“Shen,” At this moment, Yu He’s calm voice rang behind him. She didn’t think much of his weird squeezing motion and asked calmly. “What do you need help with?”

By then Ruyan had already disappeared to somewhere unknown. Shen motioned her to him, “Come here, I’ll tell you.”

Yu He lightly stepped towards and while hesitating, she parted her lips, “Is... the procedure dangerous?”

“Dangerous? Extremely dangerous!” Shen replied instantly.

Yu He almost stopped in her tracks but with a tug of Shen’s hand, she fell on his chest. “It will be more dangerous if I don’t get your help.” Shen put on a serious as his hands grabbed her round bottom softly.

Yu He immediately understood he was teasing her. However, the process of recovering the dantian which was said to be impossible by any alchemist or physician couldn’t be easy in any way.

As if seeing her worry, Shen blew on her ear gently and whispered, “Don’t worry, I can heal grandpa’s injury without any accident. Don’t you believe me?”

Yu He’s fingers traced his cheek as she emotionally said, “I believe you and will always do so. Even if you leave me behind I won’t resent—”

“Geez, why would you utter something as horrible sounds as leaving you behind? You are mine. Even if you wanna run away with another guy, I’ll kill him and snatch you back again!” Shen didn’t let her finish as he interrupted her quickly. Still, the atmosphere completely changed for his evil intentions.

He hadn’t hoped for her to talk about him leaving her behind, which totally interrupted his evil plan. He wanted to build a romantic mood before indulging in her for a bit.

What he needed to arrange wasn’t materials, it was Yu He points!

But he got different points as his evil plan failed miserably. Lightly kissing on her palm, he urged her, “Let’s go.”

 

Now, who's interested in Bored's tantrums?
I guess none, which is sweeettt!

Anyway, the thing's this bored gonna say, I wasn't stacking chappies if that's what you guys were thinking...

24