Chapter 122: Spirited Snake Turtle
1.5k 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

When Shen left the Mortal Realm, there was no one inside the Yu Villa. He searched for a bit but failed to find both Mingyue Gelou and Lingshuang.

Now searching Lingshuang reminded him that he hardly saw her around. He decided to keep a mental note to ask her later.

He frowned a little as he remembered Yu Ruyan saying he slept for more than a day. Then he probably missed the time inside the Immortal Realm. With another thought, he entered the Immortal Realm.

As usual, after a great feast, he started to madly train his body and sword techniques.

But no matter how many times he tried, he couldn’t reach the same feeling of enlightenment. He needed pressure.

A pressure from someone similar to his level, or a bit higher.

Shen frowned thinking of the sword technique again.

It was only a basic sword technique. It shouldn’t take so long to cultivate. And he couldn’t even cultivate another sword technique as it was strictly forbidden in the manual.

One could only learn trash techniques before mastering this basic sword technique but not profound ones. If they mastered any profound sword techniques then they would lose the qualification to learn it. More like, wouldn’t be able to comprehend the technique.

Even after reincarnating into this world of Nine Continents, Shen kept on practicing with his technique which he honed through countless survival from hunting humans and monsters. Besides, he searched for some special techniques using his past life knowledge but yet to come onto anything useful.

Shen had more than enough qualifications to learn this, but to prove this hard was beyond his initial imagination.

However, unlike before, now he could see a door. Something he almost opened. He cursed his luck as he remembered his breakthrough during the fight.

If, if only that didn’t happen he would have mastered this set of basic sword techniques.

Shen stopped. He realized his mind wasn’t in the best condition. Different thoughts continuously swirled inside his head making everything chaotic. And this has been for a while. He felt extremely unstable.

He meditated for another hour as he surveyed his body with inner vision.

Thanks to the training under the waterfall and the time with Yu Ruyan, he had another half drop of Absolute Blood.

The training under the waterfall was indeed fruitful but too dangerous and unstable for assisting his training regularly. He decided to check how much force the small waterfall contained but that was for a later date.

He left the Immortal Realm and decided to go for a walk to relieve his mental state.

The city was bustling more than usual. Due to producing a great talent who reached the “Peak Houtian” realm before the age of 20, the Hundred Miles City garnered quite a lot of attention. He even heard some occasional mention of a sect setting up a branch here.

Of course, he understood those were most likely leechers who planned to hoard the resources from the city but he didn’t care about them. There was someone more dependable for that job and he knew she would handle that very well.

Actually, Shen didn’t really care about the city or its resources. He didn’t want to participate in the tournament as well. As long as they didn’t harm the people he knew directly or indirectly, he would just let them do whatever they want.

However, it wasn’t the same for Yu Ruyan. She easily gets attached and feels responsible. Even though they didn’t need to, she forced Shen to participate in the tournament and actively supported the City Lord actively for gaining resources. It was the same with the Duanmu Clan and Nao Jin.

In either case, she didn’t need to feel responsible. No, it was normal to feel not responsible. For the Duanmu Clan, they didn’t even get to consummate their marriage, normally, Yu Ruyan was free to do her please. She had enough strength to shrug off something like Duanmu Clan. Also, Duanmu Ling was no more, generally, she didn’t have any relation with Nao Jin but because she received prior help from him and for the sake of their previous relationship, she couldn’t bring herself to ignore him during a life and death situation.

Shen shook his head to stop thinking. He realized lately he had been thinking a lot. In his last life, he stopped thinking. He only did what he needed to. The minimal action before receiving the curse and a piece of advice not long after.

He wasn’t sure whether he had any doubt as to how he has been living this life but he clearly had very shallow thoughts at the start. As he cultivated and progressed further on this path, he started to realize such things.

When he checked his surroundings, he realized he left the city long behind and arrived before the Golden Mountain Stream.

It was a path he generally avoided.

Since he didn’t have the strength.

To be more precise, he still didn’t have the required cultivation.

His 7th grade of Martial King cultivation, which was on the verge of a breakthrough, was still far from Martial Saint Realm.

His only chance of victory comes from Absolute Vision and the weakness of his target.

Ten Thousand Turtle Swamp!

This was a dangerous location where demonic beasts roamed around. Which was why it was a restricted area of the Hundred Miles City. If it was only this much, he would have long entered this place to collect rare types of aquatic species.

Like the old saying, Ignorance is Bliss.

But if he succeeded this time, he would definitely collect any kind of rare flora and fauna possible. He wasn’t afraid of running out of space anymore. If things went past a certain limit, he would just transfer them to the mortal realm.

He needed some forms of excuses for his lovers, right?

There were numerous turtles of different sizes, colors, and species swimming in the swamp. The name ‘Ten Thousand Turtle Swamp’ was more than appropriate for this place.

Shen activated his spiritual sense and Absolute Vision. Occasionally some demonic beasts such alligators would ambush him, but they were much weaker than his current level. Still, he couldn’t see through everything as he felt a slight distortion in his vision.

While carefully tracing the water, he reached his destination.

Expanding his vision to the limit, he found his target after half an hour!

The Spirited Snake Turtle!

It was in his must-get-demonic-beast-list!

The aura it emanated was different from all the others around. The majestic feeling from the beast was something Shen experienced many times. He felt the impressive aura of the beast through the water.

It was the aura of an early Martial Saint demonic beast, which had Shen excited. If it was normal demonic beast Shen wouldn’t have the confidence to fight face-to-face. But feeling the presence of the beast he smiled as it was doable.

Strangely, the beast didn’t realize Shen’s presence. Shen suddenly smiled ruefully as he got reminded of his physique.

No aura would leave his body if he intentionally didn’t create an aura, which needed him to use Absolute Presence.

After thinking for a while he decided against a sneak attack. He planned– no, needed to tame the beast, not to defeat or kill it.

Due to his Absolute Physique grade going up, his body should get more adjusted towards the Absolute Taming Manual. He should be experiencing some special effects according to the manual by now but so far, he failed to feel any difference.

Shen excited the water qi inside his body to control the water slightly. It wasn’t possible to completely manipulate the water without a proper technique, but he could use some force.

The water slightly pushed away as Shen headed directly for the beast.

Before long the shape of the beast got clearer through his Absolute Vision.

The demonic beast wasn’t that big, and it was pitch-black in color. He could see that the turtle was about ten meters in size, with a large tail about 15 meters long. The head of the turtle seemed slightly longer, and the tail intertwined like a large python with an equally sized turtle.

Shen strengthened his body with the qi of the Absolute Strengthening Technique.

As the turtle noticed the disturbance inside the water, it turned at him fiercely.

A hint of hesitation appeared in its eyes. The human before it was quite odd without any aura but it was only for a moment. Since its territory was invaded, it decided to attack immediately.

The turtle’s speed soared in an instant, meeting Shen’s fist head-on!

Shen’s control over the water broke over in an instant. His body flew out of the water but a smile flashed on Shen’s head.

His theory wasn’t off!

He could take this turtle head on! The turtle was indeed strong, just its strength was quite inferior in terms of its level. It had a high defense to balance it off but Shen’s strength was superior. His Absolute Physique didn’t even lack in terms of defense either.

Using a tree as his leverage point, he dived inside the water again sending his punch through the water. The water burst apart like crazy as both the man and the beast flew backward. The turtle got sent deeper inside the water and Shen once again above the water.

Although the water slightly neutralized his attack, he could slightly lessen it with water qi. He wanted to repeat his move again.

However, the aura of the beast slowly began to dissipate, as if it was trying to escape from Shen. Shen was slightly startled. The difference between their strength wasn’t that much. He didn’t even use his sword. For a demonic beast to run away so fast...

He didn’t think much and pursued the aura.

It was a spiritual beast that lived its life peacefully inside the swamp. And intelligent as well. As soon as it understood there was a chance of defeat, it ran away.

The aura was retreating at a progressively faster speed. Shen also sped up his chase but he had a limit of moving around inside the water. Before long the aura completely disappeared but he didn’t give up. He chased the trail all the while using his Absolute Vision. The turtle generally didn’t danger him but he couldn’t be sure of its python tail.

Even after chasing for a while Shen didn’t reach the bottom!

If this went for long he would have to stop to catch his breath. After some time, Shen felt his feet suddenly touch the stone ground of the bottom swamp.

Finally!

He reached the bottom, but the trace of the aura was nowhere to be found.

Nevertheless, he relentlessly continued his search around the bottom of the swamp for the demonic beast. The Ten Thousand Swamp seemed vast. The water near the surface was clear, but water at the bottom was sky blue and fuzzy. His silhouette flashed through the bottom of the swamp around where the demonic beast had vanished. After a while, he finally found the place where it had disappeared to.

Shen didn’t give chase immediately. He entered the Immortal Realm to catch his breath.

Returning outside, Shen entered the entrance without hesitation. Just as he wanted to see the inside, the water made a sharp sound as something headed towards him at a tremendous velocity.

Shen summoned the Big Dipper Sword and pierced sharply in quick succession!

Two green snakes got pierced by his sword and lost all momentum. Immediately, after the spirit turtle ambushed him with its giant body but Shen sent another punch with his left arm.

BAM!!

The water compressed and a tremendous amount of shockwave spread to the surroundings!

The beast smashed on the wall before falling on the ground.

Shen could hear some rocks cracking and falling apart. Only now did he have the chance to look around. There were only some mountain-sized jade stones and a bunch of trees thriving in this area.

Well, there wasn’t anything more important than taming the beast. Shen readily walked past the python head-tail, towards the main head.

The tail suddenly flinched, scooping at his leg but Shen was prepared, the sword in his hand turned and the hilt hit the head heavily. The tail made a noise before going down.

Shen stopped before the turtle.

He thought for a while, why would the spiritual turtle follow him.

The difference in their power wasn’t large, almost to the point if there was even any difference.

No, strength probably didn’t matter in case of the Spirited Snake Turtle. He started from the start. The turtle lived inside the swamp for a long time, probably. As a spiritual beast, it hardly liked fighting and lived a carefree life, but it still had territorial instincts.

Shen didn’t think anymore, he got what he needed.

A slight aura started to form around him. It wasn’t emanating from him but around him.

Shen placed his hand on top of the turtle’s head and sent his thoughts. He waited for two seconds as a form linked between the two. It was unlike the contract with the wolf.

Shen suddenly felt an influx of Spiritual Qi flowing in his whole in the span of a few seconds. The Nature Qi in his body got stimulated, just when Shen thought it would breakthrough, but it started to circulate inside his body.

Spiritual Qi didn’t get absorbed into anything and settled inside his dantian.

And Shen frowned at that situation.

 

Let me know if there's any problem with the chapter :)

19