Chapter 126: Tying Loose Ends (2)
1.6k 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Shen’s initial target after Feng Wuxi was obviously Night Fragrance Court.

But since he heard of Qing Shui getting along with Feng Xishui, he wanted to give him a rather unexpected visit.

If possible he didn’t want to meet with Qing Luo or Qing Yi as he already bade them farewell before.

However, his worries were unfounded as finding Qing Shui was a lot easier than he expected. When he was flying on the black luan, he found him meditating in an opening.

Shen approached while making some sound.

As he expected, Qing Shui ‘noticed’ his presence.

Shen carefully studied while making some dramatic circle as if he was watching some rare products.

“Hmm, hmm. So you broke through to Xiantian Realm and also attracted a beauty. How surprising... How old were you again, right, 15? A fifteen years old Xiantian cultivator. Truly talented.” Shen moderately praised Qing Shui and nodded repeatedly as if he was thinking something profound.

“Haha, brother Shen! I didn’t expect you to visit so soon!” Qing Shui was truly surprised to see Shen again. Since their last farewell, he thought he would never meet Shen before a few years. Listening to the dramatic praises of Shen he felt so embarrassed that he wanted to die. In the end, he could only clarify, “This... Actually things happened I ended up breaking through ahead of time. It wasn’t intentional.” Qing Shui felt guilty as he promised not to breakthrough before solidating his foundation thoroughly. And it hadn’t been even a month before he broke through. He looked fake and shallow.

Shen naturally didn’t know his inner struggles or embarrassment, “Heh, I wonder if everyone can get a cold beauty while breaking through... Aa~ah, I also want one.” He looked mortified and a longing expression flashed on his face.

“Eh? B-Brother Shen, how do you know that?!”

Shen smirked, “Of course, I would know. Xishui is known for being too cold, you know. I’m here to listen, how you tamed that cold girl.”

“...” Qing Shui was speechless. Even his closest cousin had no idea about this and the news already reached Shen in the other city?

“What you wouldn’t send me empty-handed, would you?”

“Eh... it's nothing like that... just hard to say.”

“What is there hard to say anything between us, brothers? Come, come tell me.”

Shen wrapped his right hand on Qing Shui’s shoulder as if they were brother-in-arms, closer than siblings.

What could Qing Shui do? He was sure, if Shen didn’t hear what he wanted, he might not return in one piece.

Hesitant, he still recounted the events, “You see, that day I found a bottle in my mother's room. I was just curious and took a gulp since it smelled so fragrant and mouth-watering. But who would know, just a sip and my whole body burned with lew... eh, I mean burned strongly!”

As soon as Qing Shui mentioned a bottle, Shen screamed inside his mind, ‘NO! NO! NO!’

“I don’t know what happened but I couldn’t control my body. I felt like just seeing anyone might cause me to explode. I was really afraid and ran to the forest. But who would have thought Xi’er would be there, practicing. I don’t know what happened after that but when I woke up...” Qing Shui didn’t say anymore and no one needed a high amount of IQ to understand what happened after that either.

Shen looked dumbfounded. He almost wanted to shout, ‘The fuck man,’ but stopped. Now thinking about the exaggerated story he told Qing Yi while handing the Tiger Bone Yang Amplification Beauty Purification Wine, it didn’t sound so exaggerated anymore. No, he even understated too much!

Not noticing Shen, Qing Shui continued, “I also realized then that I brokethrough to Xiantian Realm... Sigh, she probably hated me then, maybe she still hates me. But I have already decided to pursue and make up for it.”

“Are you an idiot?”

“Huh?”

Hate? Shen wanted to curse Qing Shui. When was he this dense, he wondered. Feng Xishui was basically smitten by him. But he didn’t say it.

“Seriously, what luck you got!”

Shen had a complicated face, he really had some luck. Without his intervention, it would’ve been Shi Qingzhuang who would have been muddle-headed. And with him being here, it was Qing Shui who was muddle-headed.

“Eh, brother what do you mean by luck? You know I almost died there!” Qing Shui seriously argued.

“Yeah, but you are still standing here. Anyway, I guess you are like an overlord now. At least of this area. So, what do you plan to do?”

“Even if you say that I don’t think anything has changed. My path didn’t change in any way.”

Shen nodded. “Right, I heard the previous Feng Clan Head, will leave Feng Clan. Your sweetheart will probably follow her.”

Qing Shui was dazed. This was the first time he heard that but Shen didn’t let him think much.

“If you don’t grab the chance, I don’t know when you will see her again.” Bumping his fist on his shoulder, he bade farewell, “It’s time, I go. Until we meet again.”

The first part was to help himself. Also the main reason for his visit.

If Feng Xishui came along Feng Wuxi, Shen had to arrange many extra things which were not only bothersome but also unnecessary trouble.

Not waiting for Qing Shui’s reply, he rode the black luan and flew towards Night Fragrance Court.

The business of the red light district bloomed as usual. Especially, ever since the rumor of a goddess’s descent started, which was confirmed by many, the Night Fragrance Court literally became the center of the attraction.

Naturally, harassment and disorder also increased sharply. Just as he approached the gate, a man flew straight to the other end of the street.

Coughing out blood, the man staggered on his feet. At least he had another day to live.

Shen quietly entered and moved towards the stairs leading to the upper floors as if he didn’t see a man flying out. As expected, no one hindered his path. The ladies bowed deeply as one of them stuck on his left arms like a koala.

Shen expected Wenren Wugou but the aura was nowhere similar. When he turned to the girl, receiving a charming smile, he was struck speechless.

“Young Master~ did you miss me?”

It was Re Xiao, the girl who wanted Shen to spend a night with her.

Shen fake laughed, “Ahaha, it's not night yet, I guess?”

“If Master Shen can’t wait till night I don’t mind now!” She exclaimed happily.

‘Now... Why does it sound like I’m the desperate one here?’ Shen sweated, he only meant to tell her not to bother him but her optimism knew no bounds.

“...I think I’ll wait till night.” He cleared his throat and freed his hand while leaving her behind.

“Petty!”

She complained but didn’t chase after him.

Shen sighed. Shifting his gaze on the fifth floor, worry filled his mind. Specifically speaking, he avoided coming to Night Fragrance Court until the last moment. Alas, he had nowhere to run anymore.

Yu Yu’s existence was already a big threat to his knowledge. Not only her beauty and disposition transcended reasons, her power was also extraordinary even at the level of Central Continent.

If he knew about Wenren Wugou’s bloodline to a certain level he could possibly draw a connection. And if Yu Yu didn’t claim herself as Wenren Wugou’s distant blood relative, considering her beauty and disposition, he would’ve undoubtedly claimed her as the girl of the Lust Race. However, he knew better. Lust Race didn’t have a human appearance. Even if she didn’t have the rarely seen wings, their magical hairs couldn’t be hidden through normal measures.

And Shen didn’t know what Yu Ruyan did with that Yu Yu to deem her as trustable.

At first, she wanted half a month to test Yu Yu and judge. Now, however, due to Nao Jin’s appearance, their schedule changed. She only had a week and from her tone, Shen knew she took some drastic measures.

As for what she did, only the involved party knew.

Opening the door of the fifth floor, Shen stood silent for seconds.

At the end of the room sat a beautiful woman. Sunlight shone through the window, illuminating her pitch-black hair. Her animated eyes ran on the page of a thick book as her flawless finger traced the corner of the page.

Shen suddenly couldn’t decide whether it was even okay to interrupt this view, where Yu Yu provided a solution.

“If you are going to keep watching someone might misunderstand something. Since you are here to talk, have a seat.”

Shen thanked her and took the chair opposite to her.

Yet, she had her attention on the book. Her gaze serene and looked soft as if a single touch could break this view. Contradicting her calm voice and mood, her fingers turned the pages every 6-12 seconds. Displaying her frightening reading speed.

Then, it was another bout of awkwardness.

Just what happened between Yu Ruyan and Yu Yu?

Was there any hope of this conversation without knowing anything?

Shen could wait for Yu Yu to take the initiative while appreciating her beauty. Anyway, it didn’t really matter if someone misunderstood something. Other than the time when the girls gather in a single place, he feared nothing!

Yu Yu sighed, “Taking your silence, I’m guessing you don't know what happened.”

Shen nodded as a matter of fact, at the same time, he felt Yu Ruyan’s gaze. She was watching everything.

“Mm, it doesn’t really matter. You only have to know I don’t possess any threat to you or your... no, maybe I’m a threat to them? Irrelevant. Just know that your secret is safe with me.”

‘Ok, talk about something confusing. You are not a threat to me but my...? My what?’

“Not satisfied?” Yu Yu asked in a wondering tone.

“Even if you say that to me. I don’t think I can trust anyone with those words. What happened between you and Ruyan? Besides, your words are confusing me more.” Shen honestly stated his thoughts.

“You can reveal your secret to me, or don’t speak about it at all. I don’t mind. For now, I only want to accompany Wugou and look after her. As for what happened, you can ask your little wife.”

“Ugh,”

These were the things Shen hated in life. If he didn’t reveal it, their relationship might hit rock bottom. And what Wenren Wugou would think was entirely different. While she might understand, her affection towards Yu Yu wasn’t shallow either.

Maybe enjoying Shen’s misfortune Yu Ruyan retracted her gaze.

Anyway, since Shen received her green light, he decided to bite the bullet. He would count it as having Yu Yu in his harem, though it was too far fetched.

“You know about independent realms created by space treasures as a medium?”

For a second, Shen felt Yu Yu’s eyes dimmed a little, expressing her disappointment, but he couldn’t quite trace it as she wasn’t looking at him.

“You mean independent realms which hold the inheritance of great figures?”

Shen felt surprised. Either her family had a significant standing or she was really... no, at this point, it wasn’t merely simple doubt.

“Quite close. The only difference is, my realm isn’t inside any treasure. I’m not quite sure how it works, but it's probably inside me. I have the control to let someone inside it or not. But it's not really flexible. To let anyone inside, I have to mark their soul and it's only through intimate contact can I mark their soul.”

Yu Yu turned another page of her book, “If its a soul mark, can’t you put it through your spiritual power?”

“That, I have naturally tried. For some reason, it doesn’t work if they are above the Xiantian Realm if I don’t follow the manual.”

A natural lie. Shen didn’t reply too fast, nor too slow. With this, she should back off, at the same time, he kept a loophole for Luan Luan and Ju Ju.

“I understand,” until now, Yu Yu didn’t take her eyes off the book. Yet her replies were thoughtful and concise. Setting aside the thick book, she met his eyes.

Smiling, she said, “Sorry for my rudeness, I was too absorbed in reading and showing off.”

Shen kept his poker face, no, he tried to.

‘No, even if you were showing off... should you really be saying that?!’ he argued inwardly. Like who does that? His expression saying ‘The heck?’

“Don’t get me wrong, I was indeed absorbed in reading. But it wasn’t anything I couldn’t set aside.” She justified her action.

And indeed, she was acting cool till now, at least from what Shen knew of her.

“Right, the soul mark. Do you want to put the soul mark on me? It’s entirely on you. And if you try to put something weird in my soul I will fight back, ok?”

This was more like her, bold but knows reservedness.

“Err, if you didn’t hear me, we have to be intimate if I want to leave a soul mark.”

“I don’t mind since it doesn’t seem to be too intimate. You can’t do it with Wushuang with her physique and I ain’t letting you touch Wugou anytime soon. And you wouldn’t worry about me if you couldn’t let them there. So it can’t be anything of that level. The only thing you can be intimate with is-”

“Yeah, let’s do it!”

Shen didn’t let her finish as he knew she would throw something off the hook again.

“My, I didn’t know you were so eager,” leaning on the table, she pushed her face halfway towards Shen.

While complaining, Shen also leaned on the table, “This better not be some joke,” and as his face closed hers. His gaze naturally forced downwards. A deep, but attractive valley welcomed him. He gulped audibly.

A crisp, natural smirk formed on her face which Shen noticed.

‘Someone more dangerous than Wuxi,’ a thought which subconsciously popped in his head.

As their face was about to meet, Shen stopped, her eyes told him to.

“A piece of advice,” her refreshing breath tickled his nerves, “You should do whatever you want faster.”

Letting him process the contents, she took the initiative to seal his lips. Her tongue slipped in to coil with his.

Instantly Shen felt a jolt and then clear-headed.

Inside his dreamscape, the half, pink rune glowed brightly and his vitality was slowly siphoned away.

His eyes lit up. He wanted to separate and say she was indeed ‘her.’ However, already perceiving what he wanted to do, Yu Yu grabbed the back of his head.

A strong grip Shen couldn’t free himself from. He could only relent.

Touching her swan-like neck he matched her tongue. He was worried about his vitality but the drain was much slower than the first time. No, the speed was being restricted as much as possible. Then he recalled why they were intimate in the first place. With a slight thought, he engraved the soul mark on her soul. Surprisingly there was no resistance which he expected.

However, Yu Yu, no, the girl of Lust Race, Xing Yu, had nowhere near enough. Their lips remained locked and she relished every bit of excess vitality Shen offered through their tongue-war.

And finally, when Shen thought he would fall unconscious, Yu Yu let him go and both fell on their respective chairs, heaving deeply.

The whole thing only took less than sixty seconds. Neither of them should get short of breath but their pleasant surprise and excitement caused them to suck in deep breaths.

“Why... why are you... hiding yourself?” Not willing to wait for his breath to get even, he asked while heaving.

Xing Yu looked much better. Just two, three breaths and her breathing started to get even. “Not trying to hide, just... there’s no other race than humans. Besides, who knew I would encounter you so soon?”

“You could have told me,” he retorted, clearly frustrated. If he knew it was her, he wouldn’t have hesitated so long.

“C’mon. What would I say? Hey, it's me the girl Zhu Lin tricked you to kiss and wake up, oh right, using your vitality no less? So awkward!”

“That’s certainly... awkward.” He admitted, no, there was no way to not admit it but he was still doubtful, “So, you weren’t trying to hide or anything?”

“If I wanted to hide why would I reveal myself now? I could just keep myself out of your secret and everything.”

Shen mused. Her words weren’t wrong either. If she really wanted to keep her identity hidden, it would’ve taken Shen more time. Nevertheless, his suspicion would’ve grown. There were many things he wanted to ask her, however, one thing he needed an answer for now.

“Why did you leave the secret realm in a hurry? If you really wanted to rely on me, you could’ve waited.”

If what Xing Yu said was indeed the truth. This remained a mystery to him.

Xing Yu’s happy and excited mood died down a little but she didn’t look sad either. “I wanted to be sure whether what she said was the truth, plus, I don’t like her even a bit. If she can do whatever she wants to you without your will, then she can do the same to me. I don’t how much you care about that but I don’t wanna be forced by anyone. And, just to be clear, I don’t need to rely on you! Hmph!”

Talking about Zhu Lin, he didn’t know how to think of her. While he had no bad will towards her, he didn’t have any goodwill either. She seems to realize her wrong in the end, but in the first place, the reason behind her action was because she simply didn’t see Shen anywhere near her level. So why would his will matter to her? Their connection was only through the Heavenly Emperor Palace and the previous cultivator of the Absolute Strengthening Technique.

Shen pushed his thoughts about Zhu Lin to the back of his head for now.

“So, what do you want to do now?”

“Nothing, I just want to look after Wugou until she grows to mid-level. As for the half I gave you, I’m sure there will be a day when you would have the full thing. Your vitality is the tastiest after all.”

By half, she obviously means the half rune.

After that encounter within the Secret Realm, Shen read everything there was related to the Lust Race. The thing Xing Yu gave him wasn’t a rune but a Seal.

A Seal which represents their eternal love and loyalty. The half however, only represents their favor that they are willing to strive for that person. And if there comes a day when they truly want to stay by them for eternity, to life and death, the half Seal would turn full. Once the half becomes full, it can’t be removed.

More importantly, the half could be given to multiple persons. Naturally once there’s a full Seal, the others would disappear.

Besides that, during any intercourse, the Seal enhances the holder’s spiritual power and temporarily improves comprehension ability.

However, the Seal inside the Manual and his had heaven and earth difference. Plus, there’s no record of any ability such as to seek out the holder of the Seal. At least, not on the half one.

“Speaking of vitality,” licking her lips, Xing Yu bit on the lower lip, “Give me another round, just as much as the last time would do.”

Shen was speechless. He knew her magical hair and real appearance was hidden but even then, this sexiness needed to be banned! Else, before long all his beings would only remain of his skeleton. So he duly rejected, “None can do.”

“Another thing,” Shen said with a smile, “You see, I had this urge for a while. An urge to give you a tight hug.”

While taking back her book, Xing Yu rejected him in the same manner, “None can do.”

Shen didn’t mind her words. He went to the back of her chair. Noticing him, Xing Yu flicked her fingers. And...

Nothing happened.

Afraid he didn’t know what happened, she warned, “I just dispelled the barrier. Wugou and Wushuang are cultivating there, if you still want to, do as you please.”

Shen raised a brow. That was a much bigger reaction than he expected.

In a way, they met for the first time but they indulged in the other’s taste twice. And they hardly got to know each other. It was a strange twist of fate.

Which was why, Shen didn’t act overly familiar. Leaning in the chair, he whispered in her ears, “Girl of Lust Race, I’ll make sure you are mine.”

Satisfied with his declaration, Shen nodded. Before he turned around, he found her ears red and heat emitting from her body.

‘My lil succubus is weak to possessive words, huh. Not a bad discovery,’ Shen happily thought as one, no, two weights dropped from his shoulder.

First, settling things with Xing Yu and second, which was unexpected, finding the Lust Race girl.

Her disappearance bothered him for a few reasons. One of them being whether Zhu Lin did something to her or not. Also, there was the connection of Lust Race with his ‘Master.’ Last, he felt unsettled knowing something big might occur due to the appearance of an unknown race.

However, as he was thinking of good things, Xing Yu threw him rock bottom, “Right, did I tell you? That you cannot last 4 seconds without my seal?”

“...”

...

That day Shen sending nuptial gifts to the two strongest families of the Hundred Miles City went far and wide. Not only did he send them to two families, but he also sent them at the same time. And he wasn’t present in either.

Even if Shen was a genius and all, many hoped for a scene. After all, who wasn’t an unblemished beauty? Yu He was the cream of corp, a business lady. Shi Qingzhuang was a talented cultivator, ‘only a step below Shen’. Of course, they would expect something. Alas, they had to return disappointed.

Both the Shi and Yu family accepted them with happy faces and decided to give blessings to their younger generation.

Men could only lament on their fate and women be jealous.

Two days passed...

During this time Shen could only find peace in the Absolute Jade Immortal Realm.

Yu Ruyan, Mingyue Gelou, Feng Wuxi, Shi Qingzhuang, Ju Ju, Wenren Wushuang and Wenren Wugou. Among them, Ju Ju aside, everyone sat in a meeting after calming their surprise and awe.

Obviously, Shen was missing.

He wasn’t afraid of anything other than their first meeting. However, whatever he expected didn’t happen here as the girls happily laughed and chatted about various topics. Most of the time, they would center around Shen, cultivation, and hobbies. They bonded very well. Only Wushuang was a bit of an oddball, who wanted nothing more than to join Ju Ju’s cat and wolf hunting.

Though the poor Shen had his own worries. It’s the day they leave and everyone has already gathered, yet Lingshuang was nowhere to be seen.

She returned once yesterday but he was training inside the Immortal Realm and by the time he came back, she was gone.

He spent hours waiting for her and finally she returned when the sun reached the peak of the sky.

Seeing Shen sitting on a chair with his legs on the table, and a cold expression. Lingshuang brightly smiled and ran at Shen, “Brother~”

Unexpectedly, his expression didn’t change. Lingshuang could only halt on her steps. Shen kept his gaze locked on her and harshly spoke, “You got some explaining to do.”

She meekly approached him and sat on his lap. Being with him the longest, she obviously knew the position he liked the most. She coyly snuggled, “My dear brother, why so angry~”

Shen’s nose twitched. In the end, he couldn’t be too strict with her. So he started.

“Where were you?”

“With my friend.”

“Who’s your friend?”

“My friend is my friend.”

“...what’s your friend’s name?”

“Eh, why are you being like this? Are you jealous? But I’m not interested in girls and I already have my brother.”

“It’s not about being jealous. Wha-”

“It’s not?!” she shouted, surprised.

“-t day do you think today is?”

Shen wanted to retort why him not being jealous was so unbelievable but he didn’t want to shift the topic. He only gazed at her for an answer, stone-faced.

“...The day we leave for Greencloud City.”

“And?”

“And... I won’t go with you guys.”

Shen was silent for a moment before pushing her face away.

Lingshuang grabbed his hand, then wrapped her hands around his neck. She met his eyes earnestly.

“What? Is this revenge for leaving you alone?” He asked, a bit grudging.

Lingshuang smiled, “It’s not. My friend got a bit of a peculiar problem and she needs my help. We already found the solution, I think. We just have to follow it. It’s not dangerous and she is not less powerful than me.”

“Ruyan already knows then, I guess.”

“Mm,” she nodded.

“You could’ve just told me. It’s not like I’d stop you but why are you avoiding me?”

“I’m not! You’re the bad wolf.”

“Aha, now I’m the bad guy.”

“Right,” Lingshuang happily laughed, “Who told you to jump on me like a wolf. This sheep is too scared now!”

“Who’s clutching the wolf now?”

“The sheep of course!”

Shen let out a helpless sigh, “I won’t be forgiving you so easily if you do something like this again.”

“I promise.” She hugged him tightly.

“Tian,” Shen suddenly said, causing confusion to spread inside Lingshuang. Shen clarified, “Tian Shen.”

“Tian Shen, Tian Shen, Tian Lingshuang! Brother you are too arrogant,” she complained seriously.

Tian Shen remained silent for a moment, “You are the first to know. Count yourself lucky.”

She nodded and pecked on his lips, “Mn! I’ll find you in half a year, in Greencloud City!”

By the time she reached Yu Villa’s gate, her smile was nowhere to find and when she turned around tears welled up within them. Maybe she didn’t want to show him her crying face, she smiled forcibly, looking extremely weird. Waving her hands she ran off.

The feeling between was vastly different from last time. Previously, he didn’t want to take her with him. Now she wouldn’t follow him even if he wanted to.

Tian Lingshuang ran blindly. Excessive tears and burning emotions hindered her from ration thinking. Before long Tian Lingshuang crushed into something but she didn’t fall as that something caught her.

“Idiot, what are you crying for? Aren’t you the one who is leaving for your friend?” Tian Shen berated.

“Idiad Shem, ur idoit, idot-idot-idot” she bawled on his chest for seven minutes straight.

He sighed, thankfully they were pretty far from local places, or he would’ve been troubled. “It’s only six months, just come faster. I want to help your friend but you know Ruyan. At times like this, she would never waste time on anything that’s not important.”

For once it would be wrong to say Tian Shen didn’t shed any tears. For her, it was only six months. For him, it was over twenty years. It was a long separation. Sometimes he failed to bear the gaps and didn’t use the time of the realm. It was only a blessing for those who could separate their longings. Certainly, Shen didn’t reach that realm.

After calming her for a long time, she became more firm. Tian Shen kissed her forehead and once again they bade farewell.

This time she was a lot stronger. She did cry but at least didn’t run or bawl.

Still, it was overwhelming to him. He never saw Tian Lingshuang like this. He followed her a while before stopping. He wanted to follow until she reached her friend but Yu Ruyan stopped him.

“Caring for her is good. But too much is never good.”

Unknowingly he restricted her. Or else, her life would have more names other than Shen, Yu Ruyan and Shi Qingzhuang. She met the people Shen met and saw what Shen saw, no, she probably couldn’t even see that much as a normal girl. So, as an adult of this world, she had the right to be free.

 

Outside the Hundred Miles City, everyone gathered above a mountain. Ju Ju bawled without knowing. As the others only silently gazed at the city. Many happy and sad memories flashed past their eyes. They only reminisced about them but none shed tears. They had a long life, and they will have many new good and sad memories, as well as partings.

It was just another journey. For some, it was first but definitely not the last!

23