Battle 1
684 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shut your mouth!" Gary shouted in rage. He was the member selected by the RedHawks to act as the main attacker.

"Why should I? You are just a weakling, why should I be careful of my words around you?" Ivan smiled arrogantly.

Meanwhile, Sigil looked at Ivan with a complicated expression. Ivan was kicked out of his family and a bounty was placed on his head by his own father. His sin was that he killed his own brother. 

But he did not regret his actions, Sigil could somehow feel Ivan's motivation.

Only selfishness can make you extraordinary.

Ivan was selfish enough to kill his own brother for the sake of his morals. He was selfish enough to become a traitor and caused his father a great heartache just so he could join the dark guild and use their resources.

From a different perspective, Sigil held admiration towards Ivan. After all, he was a powerful witch with a determined and powerful will. All of his actions were planned and he works his way to earn more benefit. Only this kind of person can actually survive in this hellish world for a long time.

"Say, Ivan, why don't we just cripple these good for nothings?" Sigil smiled viciously. They had already planned to cause chaos.

Out of the eight groups, three were already in an alliance. But even when all these groups had come into contact with each other, they did not fight immediately, this meant that they were waiting for the treasures so that they could fish benefits in troubled waters.

While some were thinking in this direction, some of the witches simply lay hidden and kept on cultivating. These were the witches that were on the verge of breaking through and advancing to the level of Chakra Opening.

But the problem was that they were all Sigil's and Ivan's opponents. No matter if they were waiting or cultivating, their alliance had already decided to disrupt their plan.

Without waiting for Gary to prepare, Sigil's body was covered by black metallic sheen as his silver hair turned pitch black. His nails grew longer and thicker, while his body grew a little more muscular. Such a change even shocked Ivan.

After all, this wasn't the transformation Sigil showed previously.

Whoosh

Sigil's cultivation combined with his constellation gave him a superhuman strength and speed. Before Gary could even take out his blade, a dark figure landed in front of him as a wide fist connected with his face.

Bang

Before Gary was thrown away by the punch, a bullet emerged from the rifle of an Asian kid.

Tinc

A metallic sound emerged as the bullet couldn't even pierce Sigil's skin.

Bang

Gary finally landed near the edge of the house with a bang. His eyes rolled up, as his mouth was covered with his facial liquid and blood.

...

The members of vanguards, as well as various snipers and scouts, remained stunned in silence.

Bang

Gunfire was heard as the Asian kid who had attacked had his shoulders pierced by Jacob.

The sound of the gunshot marked the awakening of all of the opponents as they looked at Sigil with fear.

"A-A- A full body constellation?" 

"What the hell is with its defense?" 

"Attack, everyone, focus on the kid!"

Various shouts could be heard as a flash of yellow emerged from the sidelines, zooming towards Sigil.

"Damn, the upper level should have also banned the use of constellations." A red-haired youth smacked the table. His eyes were gazing at Sigil with unconcealed rage and hatred.

"How long till he ascends?" The youth continued as he asked the bespectacled man.

"Another fifteen minutes." The man replied.

"Alright, you inform him to join the fight. I will keep the kid busy." Red-haired youth replied as his skin turned dark green, similar to a reptile. His eyes turned yellow and his pupils turned vertical.

He immediately stood up and walked out of the building.

Bang

Bang

Bang

Meanwhile, many gunners shot towards Sigil as they kept getting eliminated by Jacob and Cathy.

"IVAN!!" 

A raging howl could be heard as a dark-haired youth equipped with a dagger could be seen rushing towards Ivan. He was Peter.

"Hmph, don't get carried away. Last time I did not retaliate because I was feeling guilty, but now, don't think I will go easy on you." Ivan took out his gun and immediately fired at Peter.

Before the bullet even reached Peter, it was deflected.

"Hmm?" Ivan furrowed and rushed towards Peter, starting a battle.

"I'll cover your back." Alicia appeared silently as an invisible dome protected Sigil from behind as he fought against a Yellow haired youth with small horns on his head.

"Hah, a dog can't be compared to a raging bull–" 

Before the yellow-haired kid could complete his sentence, a claw pierced his sides, followed by a punch and kick to his groin.

"BACK OFF!!!" Sigil roared as his finishing punch connected and threw the kid away.

Right now, his fists were covered in blood while his icy-blue eyes scanned the surrounding. His ferocious appearance scared most of them.

Alicia took this chance to deactivate her constellation as it took a toll on her stamina and immediately started to shoot at the limbs of their opponents, crippling them.

Meanwhile, the other members of the group were already firing at each other.

Sigil and Alicia immediately retreated as they left Ivan with his opponent. After all, they had achieved their purpose and the fight had started before the designated time.

"Huff" Entering the building, Sigil immediately returned normal and slumped on the floor. Transformation of the constellation took a huge toll on stamina, it was even more evident as Sigil's Constellation evolved twice.

Right now, he could only use the constellation for seven minutes max and he had already used it for almost four minutes.

Bang

Bang

Bang

Sigil simply sat and rested as he heard the gunshots. The battle had begun and it would only get more chaotic.

And as their group predicted, the battle turned worse when the team leader of the Fiery Lion stepped up. He had also formed his constellation as he started destroying the enemy.

But the strange thing was that none of the shots was taken at the heads or the vital spots of the enemy. Since killing was against the rules, everyone kept their shots clean and crippled the opponent's limbs.

Sigil stood up as he heard the roar of the leader of Fiery Lion and looked at the battle. He could easily see that Ivan was just playing with his opponent. Since he could heal from the non-lethal shots, he kept fighting others as Peter had already retired from the fight while the bullets had little impact on the lizard-like skin of the leader.

As he observed the battle, his eyes suddenly constricted as his expression turned disgusted.

Right in front of him, Oliver was stabbed by Yasmine as she shot towards the other member from Ivan's group.

"Alicia, please support our group, you can leave the worthless trashes. Keep an eye on Jacob and Beth."

Sigil spoke slowly and his skin turned once again.

Without waiting for Alicia's reply, he immediately shot towards Yasmine.

***

"Wha-?" Oliver turned in shock as he saw a dagger stabbed in his stomach. He looked towards Yasmine and his eyes turned dazed when he looked into her red-hued eyes.

Strangely, Oliver's eyes gained a tinge of red as he laid on the ground wordlessly. Seeing this, Yasmine smiled in contempt.

This was her constellation's ability. She named it Illusionary Rose Thorns. After selecting her new target, she immediately shot towards him. She was an elite with eight energy gates opened and her constellation formed. 

She could be considered the cream of the crop among various Eight Gates Formation Witches. 

She smiled as he dagger shone a cold light.

Meanwhile, Ivan was held back by the leader of the fiery Lion.

"Mada, don't push me!" Ivan roared as he immediately attacked the vital points of the lizard leader with his dagger. 

Even though the witch could die if they are shot on their vitals by guns, that didn't mean they would die by a dagger's stab. After all, after unlocking their energy gates, they have increased vitality. Even though they would need to rest for some days, they would certainly be out of any mortal harm.

Suddenly, he saw Yasmine. He wanted to shout and get her assistance when his eyes widened. She actually stabbed a comrade! 

Because of this action, his whole mind fell into a slight daze, causing a heavy punch to land on his chest.

Bang

"Cough, cough, Belly, watch out!" He disregarded his injury and shouted towards his teammate, the one that was going to be stabbed by Yasmine.

Whoosh

It was at this time, a dark shadow appeared in front of Yasmine and grabbed her wrists before–

Crack

– breaking them.

Sigil didn't even give her any time to compose herself as she could use her trump card. Without any regard for her beauty and gender, Sigil grabbed her hands once again and pushed them behind her back, dislocating her arms and elbows at the same time. 

"Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!" A shrill scream emerged from her mouth that was even louder than the gunshots. Everybody looked towards the battle as they felt a shiver run down their spines. 

"I hate traitorous bitches!" Sigil's eyes were abnormally cold as he immediately kicked at her knees with great ferocity, breaking it easily.

Right now, Sigil could be considered the strongest. But with his cruel methods, he immediately ended the battle as everyone felt dispirited and fearful. After all, even if they could recover, they did not want to go through Yasmine's treatment.

Meanwhile, Yasmine kept on screaming and her face was filled with snot and tears.

Sigil picked her up by her hair and threw her away like a ragdoll. His expression neutral.

"You want to have a go?" He looked towards Mada and smiled sinisterly. His fangs alongside the blood on his hand and his pitch black hair scared the living shit out of Mada.

He bit his lip and snorted before turning back.

***

"Ahhh, damnit!" Sigil spoke softly as he lay limp on the floor of their building. He was totally exhausted and could on rest like this. His only consolation was that his head was placed on Alicia's soft thighs and not on the cold hard floor.

"Hmm" He smiled as he turned and nudged his head. He even tried to breathe heavily and get a rise out of Alicia. Alas, his prank earned him a slap.

"Sigh, can't you lay still. Just rest for now." Alicia sighed exasperatedly. Sigil smiled even more. He always liked to see different expressions on her face except for her cool and calm one.

"Hoo, this means that he could do more to these thick and wonderful thighs later?" Bethany smiled as she sat near them. Her words caused black lines on Alicia's face as she looked at Sigil's perverted expression.

Smack

"Hey, I did not even say that!" Sigil complained. He gave Bethany a glare and closed his eyes.

"It's good that you guys have the energy to play around. I don't even have any thic comfort." Ivan smiled bitterly as he laid beside Sigil. 

"I-I can give Leader a lap pillow." Behind them, Cathy stammered and spoke softly.

Ivan's eyes immediately shone and he spoke with a grin.

"Sure, Cathy. Please help your team leader and give him your utmost support." With this, the position of Ivan's head alleviated and he started being serious.

"From the looks of it, Grand Sparrow made their move and got Yasmine. Good thing that she is broken right now." Ivan wasn't soft with his words and spoke with a dark expression.

"I never liked that woman." Alicia spoke coldly.

"Hmm hmm" Bethany nodded.

"Grand Sparrow, huh." Sigil silently mused. With the looks of it, Grand Sparrow was patient enough as they remained outside the battle. In the previous fight, only the witch families, fiery Lion and some lone Witches participated.

"Whatever, we did deal a major blow to everyone except Grand Sparrow. Lost a traitorous group and only got two casualties in return. I think that we are not at a disadvantage." Ivan smiled brightly and he looked towards Sigil.

"You will take Yasmine's share as you did the major fighting." Ivan spoke sincerely.

"Hmph, of course, I will take that. Did you think that you will get an equal reward? Don't kid yourself." Sigil didn't give his friend any face and shattered the illusion that Ivan was still the leader of this group.

Ivan just shook his head.

"Mmm."

The moment he shook his head, a small moan emerged in the group as they looked towards the red-faced Cathy with different expressions. 

Alicia looked understanding while Beth and Sigil smiled slyly. Only Ivan felt a little complicated.

'Fuck, if I knew that shaking my head could arouse girls, why did I need to speak in a noble manner and entertain them?' 

Even when he thought that he still started shaking his head rapidly, gaining a slap from Alicia.

Smack

16