Connections
628 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The main camp of the Family was divided into smaller sections like the resting area, dining area, medical care and other stuff. Since this camp was erected for a total of eight people, regular employees had to drive back and forth.

The driver led Sigil to the resting area of the camp. This part was also separated by thin walls made out of plywood. He was led to John's room before the driver excused himself and left hastily.

Knock

The knocking sound came out a little weird as the door was really thin.

"Come it."

A deep and magnetic voice permitted Sigil to enter the room.

"Father, you wanted to see me?"

"Sit." John pointed at the chair and remained seated on his bed with his legs crossed. After Sigil waited for five minutes, John finally opened his eyes and smiled at Sigil. His eyes were full of appreciation and encouragement.

"You have made your family proud this time. I would have heavily awarded you, but given your profits, material rewards aren't appropriate anymore. Here, after reading and understanding all of this, you shall destroy it." John spoke lightly as he passed on a black flash drive to Sigil.

Sigil accepted the rewards without any questions. After all, he would know the details of the content after he reads it.

After handing out the flash drive, John looked at Sigil with mixed emotions in his eyes.

"There is one more thing. Someone wants to  see you."

"Me?" Sigil pointed at himself and asked with a frown.

John plainly nodded and waved his hand.

A silver light flashed from his body as a small, Silver-Furred Wolf appeared in front of him. Its size was comparable to a cub, but in reality, its body was completely mature. It was a miniature wolf that looked like a stuffed animal bought from toy stores.

But seeing the wolf, Sigil's whole body shuddered.

The Grey Family had a nickname. It was the Silver Fang Family. They were named like this due to their accomplishment of clearing out werewolves and also this particular Familiar.

The Ancestor's Familiar!

Silver Fang Wolf.

This particular Familiar had been passed on by the ancestors to their heirs. This Familiar was also one of the reasons for the family's current power.

After all, this wolf had completed its growth cycle and is comparable to a Grimoire Master in battle power.

Sigil immediately stood up and bowed in front of the wolf.

This was the respect that should be shown to the protector of the family.

The warmth in John's eyes grew brighter as he saw Sigil being so respectful.

"I think that you already know that you were brought to the family by the Ancestor's Familiar, right?"

John asked.

"I have heard some whispers in the family." Sigil did not deny. This was one of the reasons that the previous owner decided to go down the path of silk pants young master.

"From the moment you were brought here, the Silver Fang Wolf had requested me to take good care of you, no matter what. He used to keep an eye on you. But after seeing the change in your behaviour, he stopped following you, but the request was still maintained."

John smiled lightly as he scratched the wolf's ear as he laid down on John's lap, his eyes squinting and looking at Sigil.

Sigil was still standing. His mind was processing all the information as he started to glean some clues about his true origin. The Evolving Constellation, the affection of an old Familiar, all of these pointed at a certain profession of this world.

Sigil remained silent as he waited for John to continue.

"But things changed two days ago. Silver wanted to personally meet you for some reason. He did not want to tell me his objective and I could only arrange a meeting between you two." John spoke as he smiled wryly.

This was the first time that Silver had decided to keep something from him.

Sigil nodded and finally sat as he sunk deep into his thoughts.

Aaoo

Silver howled lightly and jumped from John's lap, landing near Sigil's feet as it started to walk around Sigil in circles as if examining something. After a few minutes, the wolf nodded to himself and turned into a silver light as he entered John's body.

"Silver is saying that you should accumulate before cultivating any further." John spoke lightly and looked at Sigil with a smile.

"Haha, I did not know that you will be able to gain Silver's approval. With you around, I will be able to cultivate peacefully and let you handle all the family matters."

The tension in the air finally decreased and John chuckled.

"Yes, Father." Sigil only nodded.

"Oh, one more thing. Did that anonymous sender contacted you again?" John asked suddenly.

Sigil shook his head as Ricardo's face flashed past his eyes.

"No, it seems like he is trying to keep a low profile. I contacted someone to try and trace the location, but it eventually failed." Sigil replied.

"Hmm, alright. The results will be announced in one hour. Even though it's only a formality, you should get dressed well. Also, because of your highest contribution, you will be given a chance to select the first Familiar in the family." John spoke

Thud

Thud

It was at this time the whole camp started to shake–

Traaaannnnnnnn

It was followed by a loud trumpet.

Sigil immediately stood up as he felt something wrong.

Before he could open the door, the whole resting area was destroyed alongside the door. A long trunk emerged from the mess and lightly touched Sigil's head before the shaking stopped.

Sigil's mouth twitched as he saw a brown feline cub rushed towards Sigil with its short legs and started rubbing its head on his legs.

He almost blacked out as he saw a dragonfly rushing towards his face while a long trunk lashed out once again.

"Enough!" He could only shout. His voice caused both the elephant and the dragonfly to stop in their tracks.

He picked up the cub and walked out after bowing towards John, whose face was extremely wonderful at the moment.

'Who is going to repair all of the mess?'
***

Sigil left the family's camp with a car-sized Elephant, A buzzing dragonfly and a cute little cub.

After distancing himself from others, he finally had the time to look and analyse his familiars.

Since they were staying on the flat ground, he had enough space to start some light training to discipline them. After all, he had one hour. Previously, he needed to change his get up, but now, the camp was ruined alongside his clothes.

"Stand still." He pointed at the Elephant.

The moment he pointed at the elephant, the Familiars understood his actions. The cub jumped out of his arms and ran towards the elephant's leg while the dragonfly perched itself on the elephant's head.

Sigil's mouth twitched once again and he simply gave up for the time being.

These were all Adolescent level Familiars with battle power comparable to a Chakra Stage Expert. Their 'wills' were also outstanding and needed to be brainwashed before they could be tamed, this meant that their future prospects were amazing.

Even though they did not fully comprehend his commands, Sigil knew that it was only a matter of a few days before they become reliable Familiars that could help him in future battles.
***

Chestcovia City, City Park

This was the place where the totem pillar was erected during the formation of Ancestral Pool.

Right now, a stage was prepared alongside some light decorations by an ingenious use of translucent curtains.

In front of the stage, many people could be seen walking around comfortably and chatting with each other. Most of them wore glazed tuxedos and other formal dresses, except for a certain group.

They were still wearing their sports attire that had many holes and marks of blood. Their faces looked fresh, as if they had washed it before attending the party.

Many tables were set up to serve delicious snacks to the participants of this gathering.

"Your group was ambushed, too?" Ivan asked in surprise as he talked with Sigil. He was made aware of the enemy attack after the barrier was broken.

Sigil nodded and looked at Ivan in dismay. He was well dressed as he wore a black shirt alongside a black blazer. He then looked at himself. His shoes filled with dirt and his pant in tatters. Meanwhile, he could feel the angry gazes of his teammates from behind him.

All of them looked like they had just come out of a street fight. Even the graceful Alicia pinched Sigil's waist a couple of time before she could tolerate Sigil's goofy grin.

As they chatted, Alicia was talking with Bethany, meanwhile, the members of their group seemed to have befriended each other. George, Annie, Oliver, Cathy and others chatted with each other happily.

Jacob looked around him and cursed lightly. He was left alone. Again.

"So, our lie would be caught very quickly when the reports of this battle are given to the superiors. We have three days max." Cathy smiled and laughed brightly.

To others, it seemed that she had heard a humorous joke.

"Don't worry, with the team leader on our side, the city will be taken down in a day." Annie smile gracefully. Even though her getup was very dirty, she still managed to keep up her noble appearance.

"Uhm, can I have your attention?" A gentle voice spoke through the microphone as a bespectacled man walked up the stage. He was wearing a light blue blazer alongside a dark-blue shirt and a matching pair of pants.

His long, untied black hair fell on his shoulders and gave him a scholarly appearance.

"I, Alan, feel extremely honoured to be announcing the names of the champions and heroes that emerged from this year's battle of Ancestral Pool."

As he saw everyone turning silent and listening to him, he continued.

"I would like to announce that Nox of the Giant Sparrow Division of the Carefree Alliance, Buster from the Brewed City and Mican from Busan City were fortunate enough to take another step in their cultivation and ascended to the level of chakra points. They have become the pride of the younger generation and have earned their right to be taken seriously in the Witch's World." Alan smiled widely as his announcement was followed by a round of applause.

Meanwhile, the three mentioned 'heroes' had an extremely ugly expression. They felt that these praises were a sharp knife that kept on slashing at their hearts and pride. Nox gave a venomous look to Sigil before calming his emotions.

"Next, I would like to call Amanda on the stage. She was fortunate enough to tame a Wide Eye Crocodile. A water type Familiar that also boasts a good physical strength. I feel very happy to present the data about the Familiar to Amanda."

A beautiful maiden walked out of the group of Yellow Spider Family. Yasmine gritted her teeth and looked at Amanda with unconcealed rage and jealousy.

Ivan was the same. This crocodile was supposed to be his, but in the face of opposing witches, he had to abandon the huge egg containing the Crocodile and leave with two medium eggs.

After honouring Amanda, Alan spoke another name.

"Next is Jacob Grey of the Grey Family. He was fortunate enough to tame a Hurricane Sparrow. Please come up on the stage and collect the detailed information on your familiar."

Alan's voice was still gentle and polite. It looked like he wasn't a family head, but a humble host.

Jacob's face flushed red as he hurried along in excitement. Sigil and others also applauded as hard as they could.

"Next, I would like to announce that Gary RedHawk of the RedHawk family has tamed a Shadow Stick Snake......"

Just like this, Alan kept on calling the participants who had tamed an Adolescent Level Familiar.

Agatha of the BlackBee Family had tamed a Raging Boar, a strength path Familiar.

Ivan had actually tamed two Familiars. They were Gliding Eagle of the wind path and Furious Deer of the illusion path.

Alicia was also called us the name of her Familiars were announced. A poison path Swift Butterfly, a fire path Red Skinned Piglet and a shadow path Black Step Rat.

"Lastly, I would like to announce the top performer of this year's event, Sigil Grey. He has tamed an earth path Rocky Elephant, a Vision path Demon Eyed Dragonfly and lastly a Strength path Fiery Lion."

The last Familiar caused a wave of discussion among the younger generation as Mada's face turned green. After all, Fiery Lion was the strongest Familiar of their division.

As Sigil walked up the stage under the heavy applause, Alan smiled and handed him the flash drive.

Sigil quickly accepted it and finally got down.

"Now, there is one thing that you all should know. The information regarding the habitat of Familiars and the ways to nurture them are extremely precious. In some cases, they are treasured more than some spells. But right now, the Carefree Alliance has decided to give this information because of the fact that a competition will be hosted."

"This isn't a regular competition like this one. It will be a life and death battle between the younger generation of carefree alliance and the younger generation of the Witch's Organisation."

"The date is still not decided, but it won't take long. So please be prepared."

"With this, we have concluded our event. Please feel free to enjoy the snacks and chat with your companions."

Alan spoke and got down the stage, walking towards the area occupied by family heads.

13