Stressed and Depressed
216 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Locking my door I quickly make my way to my bed and roll myself in the quilt I sleep with. The tears fall like a leaking tap and my sobs turn to choking hiccups that hurt my chest. My stomach starts to churn and the contents of my stomach make its way up.

Holding my hand over my mouth I get up, unlock my door and run to the bathroom rushing past my father. “Zayev!” He calls my name but I shut the door behind me and not a moment too soon, I reach the toilet and barf.
Last night’s food along with lots of water. I throw up until I’m empty inside and gag until I feel that I can no longer do anything. I get up off the floor and walk to the sink. Looking into the mirror I see that my eyes are red, my cheeks are stained with dry tears and I look like shit!

I wash out my mouth and brush my teeth. Wash my face then flush the vomit down the drain. Opening the door I’m greeted by my father who looks at me with worry. Sighing I walk past him, I can’t even hear what the fuck he is saying.

Looking up ahead of me I see my mama at the end of the passage hold Ilya in his arms with Dre hiding behind him and Ethan on the floor playing with his car. Closing my door and locking it behind me, I make my way to my bed and everything goes black! Fuck, I blanked out again.
**
“Theo you better break that door down and bring my child to me,” orders Reign. Theo rolls his eyes and walks down to Zayev’s room. It’s been five hours since he entered his room and never came out since then, even knocking and calling didn’t work.

Knocking on the door he listened for a sound but nothing came. He stepped back, raised his right foot and kicked the door. With one kick it opened. He pushed it open and his heart sank when he saw his son laying on the floor.

“Zai!!” He yelled. Hearing his husbands yell Reign’s heart dropped and he started panicking. He put their daughter down and ran to Zayev’s room. He quickly ran to his husband’s side who was on the floor trying to wake their son up but nothing was working.

Tears worked its way in both of their eyes as they saw that his body was limp and he wasn’t responding. “Get the kids we’re taking him to the hospital,” said Theo. Reign nodded his head and quickly got up then helped his husband with Zayev.

Jeandre was standing at the doorway looking at his brother's limp body frightened. Why did this happen? Why was his brother laying on the floor unconscious and why? Just why?
**
They arrived at the hospital and admitted Zayev in. After hooking him to the I.V drip, the doctor called the May couple one side while the nurses did tests.

“Mr and Mr May, your son, is this the first time you found him unconscious?” asks their doctor, Dr. Anderson.

“Yes it’s the first time,” answers Theodore.

“How is he doing physically, the whites of his eyes are slightly yellow and his gums are pale, does he sleep enough?” he asks while writing away.

“He does sleep but not enough, he struggles to sleep at night but he does but only for a few hours,” answers Reign.

Nodding his head Dr. Anderson says, “Well your son is showing signs of being anaemic, how long has it been since he started having sleepless nights?”

“I think it started last year during his final exams,” answered Reign.

“Did you give him anything?” he asked looking curiously at the May couple.
Reign shook his head, “He wouldn’t take anything I offered. Zayev hates medicine and taking pills ever since he was a baby.”

“Has he ever came to you with any problems?”

“Only when its school-related and when it comes to his love life,” answered Reign.

“Is school and his relationships stressing him out?”

“Yes, uh especially the assignments and preparing for tests. The minute he finds out about something or is given a due date, he’ll work on it that same day. Zayev, he’s very indecisive and self-conscious.” Answered Reign.

Nodding his head Dr. Anderson asked, “And his relationships?”

The May couple paused and looked at each other. After a moment Theo spoke out, “Our son has been in love with someone since he was young so it’s been an unrequited love for almost ten years and yesterday he expressed it but was rejected.”

Dr. Anderson took his notes down. After a moment he said with a sigh, “We’ll check his blood for the iron deficiency but if what you are saying is true, his unconscious state should be caused by yesterday’s incident. With the stress of school along with unrequited love, don’t be surprised if your son has depression as well but I do hope that is not the case. We’ll try and wake him up and question him then if  you can, you will be able to take your son home tonight as we process the test results.”

And just as he was going to continue, the nurse attending to Zayev came over, “Sirs, your son is awake and he is asking for you.”

Reign quickly got up and went into the room. When he saw Zayev he had a tired smile and look on his face. He was holding hands with Jeandre and had the twins on his bed. He looked at his parents who just walked in and looked away in shame.

“Child I’m going to kill you, how can you stress me out like this?” berated Reign as he hugged and kissed Zayev. Theo moved the twins and stood next to the bed. Leaning over he kissed Zayev on the cheek then bit it making Zayev groan.

Hugging both Reign and Zayev he asked, “Are you okay son, you had us worried.”

“Not really but I’m kay~” he answered received a kiss on his head.

Dr. Anderson cleared his throat, “Zayev, I have a few questions to ask you, well specifically one.”

Zayev looked at his father who nodded for him to answer.

“I heard from your fathers’ that you had an incident yesterday that could be a cause. Is there anything else that you can tell me before we get your test results?”

Zayev’s eyes unfocused as he thought about it. After a moment of hesitation, he answered, “I stress?”

“Anything else? Do you sometimes feel depressed?” he asked.

“Mn, sometimes,” he nods and mumbles.

Reign sighs beside Zayev and taps his husband. They look at each other and ask to be excused so they can speak to the doctor.

“Is there anything else I can help you with?” Dr. Anderson asks confused.

Hugging himself Reign said, “Zayev is my biological son so maybe it runs in our genes. I was suicidal when I was younger and highly depressed, I’m still on my medication, is that maybe the reason why he is like this?”

Dr. Anderson looked at Reign and frowned. He wanted to know why he was depressed and but didn’t want to press the topic since it wasn’t his business. “It could be a cause but you will have to seek professional help. I can recommend you to a specialist.”

4