Chap 3 – Day 2 – First meal
1.2k 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'...Fuck...'

No status system...I hope there's magic, there probably is magic since I'm not entirely sure where my bones come from when I shapeshift my tentacles

I continue experimenting a bit, ignoring my slowly growing hunger. This time to see what I can shapeshift my .head? body? main body? my head, into...

...

After, like, half an hour later, I discovered that I can't do much bone shaping on my head, only plating. For flesh shifting, I also can't really change much. I can only mildly change shape and can't do detailed shapes with sharp edges, I also can't turn my head into a giant tentacle or something of the like.

I finally truly stopped playing with myself and looked around seriously. I was in a dark cavern with some bioluminescent moss and some mushrooms with the occasional insect that I can spot crawling around. It has more life than what I knew about caves, which is almost lifeless except when near water. I cautiously started exploring the cave for a way out while I thought about how I ended up in this situation.

The last thing I remember was that I was wasting my teenage life away surfing the net in the wee hours of the night then going to sleep...did I die in my sleep? Unlikely since I still had a relatively healthy body. Falling off my bed? My bed was suspended about 2 meters off the floor so I might've fallen headfirst into the floor but all that would only give me is a concussion, some brain damage and a rude, painful awakening...Coma from the brain damage and this is a dream? Impossible, I felt pain just now while I was hitting the floor...

I didn't even see a god or an angel or something in my dreams! ...How am I even adapting to this new body so quickly? And without going crazy like some of the other monster reincarnation stories I've read? Built-in bodily instincts? Probably, not gonna think too much about it otherwise I might actually go crazy...Or maybe I already am crazy, hmm...I mean I already occasionally talk to myself when I was a human, had the occasional murderous or suicidal thought that I didn't act upon even though I had owned a cheap simple combat knife, I even daydreamed that I had five slaves of anime fantasy races, Isn't that right, Yuka?

'That's right, Master!' as I imagined Yuka, my imaginary catgirl slave, appearing right next to and replying back to me. 'You were already slightly delusional before this happened, Master!'

I sighed mentally as I replied to one of the figments of my imagination. 'I know, sweet kitten, I know. Now go back down until I call one of you girls up for company'

'Understood, Master! Bye-bye!' I imagine her giving me a cheek rub before disappearing back into my imagination...Yeah, I was always delusional and I knew it all too well...Let's focus back on finding an exit and...food...

After some time of me trying to out where fresh cool air is coming from and following it, I stopped when I heard some sounds, lying flat on the floor,  I tried to mimic the rocky ground to the best of my capabilities and waited. After a minute or so, I heard what the noise was. Flapping and chittering, probably bats.

After another minute of thinking about my angle of approach, I decided to climb up to the ceiling. By making suction cups and bony claws, I scaled up the cave wall with mild success. My makeshift suction cups weren't very strong so I couldn't grip onto the ceiling. I also noticed that the slime I secrete is somewhat sticky so that helped but not enough.

So while I was stuck on the wall, I applied all of the random internet science facts about gripper pads and suction cups into making my own which took at least another half hour, where I discovered that I can't tell what the limit is to how small the things I can shapeshift into. Probably to the microscopic level, presumably. Because my new tentacles work very well on its first try! How lucky I am...

Anyway, while I was working on my new suction gripper surface, the bats probably got closer because they got a lot louder. Whatever, I'm on the ceiling now. Now I slowly inch towards the sound right around the bend. After spending sometime inching across the ceiling, the bats quieted down a bit. After some more time, I finally got around the bend and saw my first bats. The one closest to me was hanging upside down as bats do. It was lager and harrier than the bat pictures I saw online, slightly scarier because of it too. It was also alone, slightly separated from its group, and asleep which means it's daytime probably.

I slowly crawl toward the bat with the least visible way of movement that I can which is basically deforming some of my grip pads and pushing forward with the rest, then reforming the pads and repeat. As I was slowly approaching, I thought about how I should be taking my first animal life...

As I reached the bat, I shapeshifted and extended a tentacle right under the bat's head when I stopped, hesitated and the bat stirred...At which point, an overwhelming hunger took over and something took over and killed it in one strike as was planned, the bat didn't even make a sound... 

After a second of feeling like puking, I steeled myself and moved away, taking the corpse with me, before it's colony notices...After moving a sufficient distance away, I moved to the floor, dropped the bat and started freaking out a bit before calming down again and truly thought about what happened...

The plan was to sneak behind the bat, shapeshift a cavity large enough to engulf almost the entire bat and stab a needle through it before it struggles too loudly, at which point I hesitated and something took over and done it perfectly for me...From what I can tell, it was probably my new bodily instincts...

I look at the corpse and saw that it leak blood in two places, one from the head where I see some brain matter in the wound and another from around the crotch of the bat...I started feeling queasy again. The hardness of bone and disgusting softness of flesh as my needle punctured through all of it...Uuuugh...After another minute gathering myself and calming down, I looked at my tentacle that I still haven't shifted back because it has blood and flesh in it.

I thought for a moment, put the tip of a different tentacle into my mouth hole, gathered my courage, shifted my bloodstained tentacle back to normal and swallowed with it. As I did, I saw a hole open in the walls of my chainsaw mouth, dump in a few pieces of flesh in and closed up. I imagined chewing and saw my mouth turn into a blender. It was gross, horrifying and a bit cool-looking at the same time. I stopped 'blending' and saw the flesh turned into shredded meat.

I swallowed. As I did, the meat hit my tastebuds and the taste of raw flesh registers in my mind. I paused, feeling disgusting then forcibly swallowed the rest down. The taste wasn't as bad as I expected, probably because of my new body, and it was mostly my human experience that made me feel disgusted when the taste hit me, I just needed to get used to this...yeah...

I methodically tore the bat corpse to pieces, removed any parts related to excretion that I can remember like the intestines, and continued eating not through my tentacles this time. The texture of skin and fur was lost in the 'chewing' process, but the taste of fur and blood was even more terrible...

I finished eating, leaving a pool of blood and a pile of bones. As I was looking at the pile, I had an idea. If I can't shoot my own mass, why not shoot unrelated mass. Although, I should probably leave that idea for later. I feel very mentally tired now.

I look around again just in case, climbed up the wall and stayed there, mimicking the cave walls, hoping I don't fall off the wall while I sleep.

I drifted off, carrying the faint hope that this is still just a dream.

I dreamed that I was a godly powerful magic user living with the five slaves that I captured, corrupted and bound to myself.

5