Anniversary Winner – Thank you everyone!
2.3k 24 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Patch notes. 0.0.6

Spoiler

Removed -- Apology & mostly rant.

[collapse]

God. Okay, this was unexpected. Entirely so. I am... Overjoyed. Yeah, I am insanely happy in spite of not feeling like I deserve the win. I used some rather questionable methods. Such as having cute covers and a sort of misleading title. The synopsis did have its warning but it didn't help that much. Either way. I am happy that it has happened, even though I am not proud of it. It just feels like those other factors had a greater effect rather than the story itself. 

First of all, I am thankful to everyone that has stayed and read through the emotional rollercoaster up until this point. My happiness cannot be described with words. I am simply blown away by the amount of support I've received over this novel; even though it was a gamble and honestly speaking I didn't expect it to do nearly as well as it did. Considering the story themes. And for that - I am thankful.

"I will be gone in pursuit of my ideal. It will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one else will." (Let me know if you recognize the source.) 

While this quote isn't accurate at all to my current state. It certainly shows the level of conviction I had when I first started writing this novel. Maintaining an insane update schedule along with decent daily word count. As we can see it hasn't withstood the test of time. Andd for that, I am sorry. I simply wasn't mentally strong enough to write so much. Or rather - to write such topics at such speeds.

Sometimes I feel like I am writing a recount of my life instead of writing a story. It can be depressing but seeing how people say that she can move forward - how there is light a the end of the tunnel. It makes me happy and frankly, I wished I saw that a few years ago. Every time I see a comment I get overjoyed and excited. When people like what I write I feel unrivaled joy. Someone enjoyed something I did.

And for that, I am simply blown away. The amount of people that seemed to like the tragic part of the story, the amount of people that hated it. The amount of people that cried during some scenes - it was quite impressing to me. Frankly, I am an author that thinks their writing is super questionable and not very readable, even though I try really hard. 

I don't feel like I deserved the win, but it happened. And I am thankful to everyone for showing their support.

When will the next chapter be?

Hopefully by Friday. My life isn't quite sorted out - as much as I would love to put it out right now - at this very moment.

Thank you, everyone - for reading this far. Please continue to follow Leah on her misadventures - or perhaps adventures soon enough. Not everything needs to be dark.

I have another project on the works. Right now it's only a concept that has a bit of worldbuilding planned and some plot - nothing written yet, but hopefully, it can exist in two or three months from now.

  • Reader... No. My savior, thank you for sticking by me. For reading all the rants I made. For seeing past that and enjoying what I put out. I have nothing but gratitude and tears, to thank you for it. 

I have to say I never expected it to go so far. To get this far. Thank you. 

Honorable mention.

An author who wrote more than me - who worked harder than me. It would be an insult to at least not mention their novel Summoned Again? after they put so much work into it in the competition. It was a close call.

Please check it out if you haven't. There is no doubt in my mind that the author loves their novel as much as I do mine. 

My Discord

28