(Chpt. 31) Point of no return
1.8k 10 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I... this chapter took forever, it honestly is very straining for me to write such darkness back and forth. I tried an insanely weird writing style as always please be sure to give feedback about it.


“Poor soul?!” He started laughing maniacally. “I’ll show you fucking poor!” 

“Ha⁠— Ugh!” His hand was already tightly holding her neck, veins bulging on it. He raised his hand holding her with inhuman strength and began walking away. I gulped seeing what would happen next, I already knew

 

“Wai⁠— 

“You wait a second, guards take care of her!” He rapidly commanded before I could do anything. It all happened so fast. 

 

The door closed and the guards stood before the door. I was frozen. I was powerless. I was… useless.. I allowed it to happen

 

“What’s going to happen to her?” I already knew. Neither of them reacted. 

“She is getting disciplined.” Of course. 

 

Shatter

                Scream… 

 

“I’LL FUCKING SHOW YOU⁠— Even though his voice was muffled I could perfectly understand. 

 

                                  Creak

                                                 Scream…

 

“IMAGINE DANGLING ON THE EDGE OF LIFE OR DEATH⁠— 

 

                                                              Crash

                                                                              Scream…  

 

“JUST TO HAVE EVERYTHING PLOW DOWN IN A DAY⁠— 

 

The screams ⁠— the monologues ⁠— the noise continued… 

For how long would it last? I wish I knew. 

Why did things have to be so unfair? Because that was life...

 

“HELP M⁠— Her plea of help was interrupted by yet another shattering sound. 

I bit my lip. Life was unfair…

 

Why was it unfair?

I didn’t know. 

Why couldn’t I do anything about it?

Because I was weak

Could I really do anything about it?

I didn’t know either...

I… was wea⁠— 

 

“HE⁠—  I heard a loud creak, only silence was left after.

 

I could’ve done something about it.

I didn’t even try to do something..

It was to be expected… There is nothing I could’ve done. I could have tried to save her. In the end, life is simply unfair. And yet I could’ve tried to make it fair. Sometimes it was better to let go, and forget. Become inhumane. Everyone is just as rotten… Everyone was rotten… Everyone was…

 

 I was rotten…

I was fucking rotten…

I was fucking rotten, just like them...

 

I WAS JUST LIKE THEM! I am sorry… Spending so much time; thinking like an idiot. Only for there to be silence. All it took was to fucking move, and yet I couldn’t. I WAS ROTTEN. I am sorry… if only I could’ve just stopped thinking and acted instead… I hesitated. 

 

It was too late already. I had nothing to do here anymore. It was better to simply tell him ⁠— tell him that I couldn’t do it ⁠— and be done with it. Sorry, Ri⁠— 

 

“Ughh…” My heart stopped. There was… groaning. Outside the door… She was… Alive. 

“STRUGGLE SOME MORE FOR ME, BITCH!” His roar reverberated inside the room, but still. She was alive. 

 

I clenched my fist and drew it closer to my hip. Nothing mattered anymore, being right or wrong, wondering if it’s going to backfire or not, wondering about shit… If nothing ever gets done, then might as well die. I had to act, no matter what. 

 

My hand reached the cold handle of my dagger ⁠— it was dry and cold. There was only silence inside the room in spite of the constant sounds coming from the other side. I was going to act ⁠— I was going to be smart about it. And for that… I needed to kill both of the guards. I wasn’t strong, and because of that. I had to cater to my strengths. 

 

Ultimate grim reaper… Fatal Penetration… Stiletto Pin Dagger… Feral Instinct… Even though I refused to acknowledge how I remembered every single name ⁠— it all came to me. I was strong enough to do something now. 

 

“Where do you think you are going?” One of the guards asked.  

“I am done here.” I had my hand near my waist, waiting for the perfect opportunity. 

“Nope, you cannot leave.” The other one added. 

 

One held a spear and one held a mace ⁠— I took a step forward as my hand stayed hidden inside my cloak. It was now or never. A spear blocked my way. 

 

“You can’t.” He coldly said. 

“Fine then…” I took a step towards him instead, he flinched.

 

NOW⁠— In a split second, I had drawn my dagger. If my hypothesis was correct… I aimed him at his ribcage. There was no time to react. 

 

CRACK. 

 

A horrible breaking sound resounded inside the room. The man did not scream. I had broken his ribcage. The simple action of stabbing his bones in the right place broke it. I backed off from both of them during the confusion ⁠— it all happened before they could react.

 

Spear user incapacitated. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the strength to actually kill him, but I was strong at least in another sense. The mace user blinked for a second and tightened his grip on it. It was battle time

 

“You bitch!” 

 

He charged at me, going for a low swing. I could see it. His entire arm bulged with veins, I could tell. It wasn’t something I could stop. He gave his battle cry and swung— barely dodging it by a hair's breadth. I felt a cold sweat. One hit and I was dead

 

“Fuck. You are supposed to be poisoned!” He protested. “Just fucking die already!” 

 

I bit my lip ⁠— things were always complicated. But I could do it. I had the power to do it now.  

 

I placed my hand in my pocket and broke open a vial ⁠— drinking its content. I knew..They also provided a small stat boost temporarily. It did not show up in an icon, or anything. But I still knew, somehow

 

“As if I’d let you⁠— A mace was swung at me. I rapidly hit back with my dagger by dropping the vial on the ground. The dagger’s tip collided with the hammer. 

 

Clank! It hurt. 

 

My entire hand was burning with pain, it wasn’t broken. The hammer wasn’t broken either, even in spite of having such a high penetration stat it did nothing to the hammer. There wasn’t much I could do aside from backing off — the only solution before I got pinned into a wall. 

 

“So that’s your weakness.” He smiled. “You don’t have any strength whatsoever.” Fuck. All I did was rely on stats and the effects of them as well as a dagger, no actual strength involved, which is why I didn’t break his hammer either. I bit my lip. 

 

“Don’t worry, I will give you a proper funeral!” he joyously exclaimed. All I did was clench my fist. 

 

I had to end it soon. Re-gripping my dagger once again with my throbbing hand I made my decision. I steeled myself and ran towards him. 

 

I swung towards his head⁠— 

 

Clank! 

 

He deflected it with the mace. Something closed-in into my vision. A bone-splitting pain ran through my abdomen — I went flying through the air and crashed against the wall. Everything hurt ⁠— my entire body was burning yet it was warm, my heart was beating faster and faster, my mind was drifting and my vision was getting blurry. 

 

Things had gone wrong, and yet he was nowhere to be seen. 

 

I wonder if writing style worked out? Honestly, I don't know, I am tired. Not nearly as graphic as it was originally meant to be, but otherwise the fights would make no sense. 

Discord!

51