Chapter 1: A Very Close Call
102 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Michael sat down beside a tree. He took out the Amorsus and attempted to understand what the “lock” of a being’s status is. Is it on everyone that he would eventually slay? Or is it on specific groups? He looked back at the huge rat creature, and used the Status Harvester on it.

Skill Activated: Status Harvester.

Target has no vitals. Check complete.

No status lock present. Check complete.

Status found: Amorsus

Presenting Status…

Status Menu

Information

Main Attributes

Characteristics

Name:

None

Name

Amt/Limit

Name

Amt/Limit

Surname:

None

HP:

-2/64

STR:

18/25

Age:

1 Year

STA:

10/32

END:

2/10

Sex:

Male

MP:

0/0

VIT:

1/5

Race:

Sentient Creature

HP REG:

0.1/0.1 per sec.

DEX:

10/30

Subspecies:

Amorsus

STA REG:

0.05/0.05 per sec.

AGI

13/25

Height

44 zei

MP: REG:

0/0 per sec.

INT

0/0

Affiliation:

None

ACC:

40/40

CHA

0/0

Class:

Wild Pest

EVA:

30/30

WIS

0/0

Level:

3

PHY RES:

5/5

FTH

0/0

Level Limit:

10

MAG RES:

5/5

LCK

0/0

   

EXP:

80/300

PERC

3/5

       

PERS

0/0

Interesting. No status lock. Maybe it’s only on certain groups then. Strength stat is high, huh? That explains why the little fucker was able to hit me hard with just one attack. Level 3?! Good thing there was a weapon. Not much of a traditional weapon, but it got the job done. Well then, time to start the harvesting. Now, what should I start with? Let’s try the Health stat, just to see if I can harvest the limit stat amount, or if it limited to the amount it has right now,thought Michael.

Attempting to harvest “HP”

Warning: No HP found. Unable to harvest.

Damn, I knew it. Fuck! There are way too many disadvantages on this skill to make up for anything! I should’ve chosen something like Berserk! That would be way more useful than what I have now.”

Michael ignored the HP and went for the REG stats. Since he saw that they were only a fraction of an entire point, he figured that he could harvest them quickly. He harvested the HP REG in ten seconds, and the STA REG in five. After that, he gazed upon the dead creature’s stamina status. “This will take time…”

As soon as Michael started to harvest the Amorsus’ STA, he saw a menu pop up. What the menu told him made Michael truly wish that he got another skill instead of the one he has right now. “You’ve got to be fucking kidding me right now… This isn’t real…”

Warning: harvesting all STA will take (600) seconds total.

Would you like to pay (1000) gregs to instantly harvest all STA?

>Yes

No

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS???!!!”

Needless to say, Michael was quite shocked at the revelation of what his skill can do yet again. He did expected everything to go wrong about the skill, but what he did not expect is the skill attempting to hustle him out of his money, which he did not even have.

The fuck is this pay to win bullshit doing here?! So what, I have to wait either ten minutes or pay 1000? How the fuck do you think I’m gonna pay for this, huh? Even if I did have the money, joke’s on you, asshole! I identify as a True Gamer, so I wouldn’t even pay a single greg, currency, whatever! Fuck you!”

Ranting in his psyche, Michael became fed up with the Status Harvester and the deal it gave him. Back in his world, he loved playing video games whenever he could, but has never played any new games that came out in his recent times. The main reason would be the fact that most of the games that he played attempted to swindle him of his money. Before, he thought nothing of it, until he realized that he fell behind in paying for his rent, leading him into debt. Michael’s trust in video games had disappeared that day, which saddened him because they are one of few great memories in his childhood.

Now dealing with the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder that micro-transactions gave him back then, Michael’s eyes watered a little from seeing the menu’s words after he calmed from his rage. He felt the skill play with his emotions, and brought one out of sorrow. “Damn it… I never thought that shit like this would catch up to me here. Fuck.” Michael selected ‘no’ and chose to wait ten minutes instead. His head turned and looked straight up to the many leaves and branches on the trees of the forest, to take his mind off of the entire situation. The peace and calmness of the forest made Michael dozy, as he started to yawn. “The forest is so beautiful…I feel very… tired…”

Michael did not notice the corpse slowly disappearing, and the menu popping up showing these three words: ‘Automatic Harvesting activated.’


“I feel something around my groin…”

What Michael first saw as soon as his eyes opened is the forest he is in entrenched in darkness. “Nighttime right now? How long did I sleep?” Michael then remembered that something was hanging around his lower area, so he looked down to find a furry looking dog in between his legs; its maw around his crotch. Michael’s face twisted into a look of horror, his teeth clenching and clacking in a rapid pace. His expression turned pale at the thought of his crotch being bit off, with his entire body shaking as he futilely attempted to relax himself so as to not tempt the dog to not bite down.

“H-h-h-heyyy now… Easy… Easy… That part’s no good…” Michael extended his left arm to the furry dog in an attempt to have it release his crotch by petting it away, while reaching for his Hard Wood with his right. Inwardly, he was panicking.

Please don’t bite. Please don’t bite. Please don’t bite. Please don’t bite. Please don’t bite. Please don’t bite. Please don’t bite. Please don’t bite. Please don’t bite. Please don’t bite. Please don’t bite,” thought Michael. He repeated the mantra as he tries to get the dog off of his groin.

As soon as his left hand touched the dog’s head, the dog itself glared and growled at Michael, and bit down on his crotch. Michael felt something downstairs being torn off from his body. His body turned pale to match the tone of his face.

Ah…”

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!”

Michael’s scream echoed in the dark forest, awakening many beasts and creatures that slumbered. He immediately grabbed his Hard Wood and swung down on the monster that made the mistake of biting his groin as he was sleeping. He instantly annihilated the furry creature in a furious rage. The adrenaline Michael obtained in his fury gave him enough strength to smash in the dog’s skull. The eyeballs of the furry animal popped out of its sockets, and blood drew from its mouth. Its snout bled profusely, flowing down from its head to the grass beneath it like a tiny waterfall.

As soon as he killed it, he heard many footsteps fading from his ears. It seemed that the dog had a pack following it, but decided to flee as soon as they witnessed an angry Michael kill one of their own with one blow. “Run, fucking cowards! Fuck all of you! That's for my dick!”

Gained +20 EXP. Moved to Harvester Storage.

Looted: Nox Wolf Corpse, Tiny HP Potion, 25 Gregs

Skill Unlocked: Raging Blow

“Wow. Skill unlocked. How exciting. Worth getting after having my dick nearly bit off,” said Michael sarcastically. He collected the corpse and the tiny potion that dropped from it. Michael immediately drank the potion, hoping it would alleviate some of the damage done to his crotch. “Goddamn it. I may be a virgin, but that doesn’t mean that it should be bitten off! I’ll get some in the future… Maybe… I hope… Fuck… While the corners of Michael’s mouth turned upwards, his tears flown down his face with the realization that at the rate he is on right now, he may never be able to lose his virginity, even if his groin fully recovers from being abused.

After he recovered from the fact he adamantly wanted to deny, Michael pondered about the situation he is in. “Come to think of it, there were other wolves here, right? Oh no… Where is the Amorsus corpse?!” Michael frantically searched for the corpse in the bushes, and under the fallen leaves. He even tried to climb the trees to see if the wolves, for some magical reason, climbed up the trees. Of course, given how he cannot even do a single push-up with the strength he has currently, it was obvious that he could not push his own body weight with his arms, even if he is underweight.

“Fuck! I wasn’t even done harvesting that rat! Those damned mongrels are going to pay. I don’t care if I’m weak as fuck right now. All of them will die!” Michael stormed off with his Hard Wood in hand, ready to commit genocide to all of wolf-kind. Luckily for the wolves, their complete obliteration of their race was put on hold, as Michael saw something appear in his vision.

Status Harvester: Completed harvesting Amorsus.

“Huh?” Michael, now confused, began to wonder why he is still harvested the Amorsus’ stats. He just woke up. How did he still harvest? If he was already done harvesting the rat, did that mean that he was asleep for around five hours? The corpse of the Amorsus, now just bones, appeared in front of his eyes and dropped to the ground. Michael became startled seeing bones suddenly appear in front of him. “What the fuck just happened?”

Just as Michael asked that question, a menu appeared, as if it is aware of his confusion, and said ‘Automatic Harvesting activated.’ As it spoke those three words, he saw the wolf corpse he looted slowly fade right in front of his eyes.

Auto-harvesting, eh? That sounds very useful. It also means that I don’t have to fucking rest just to harvest their status like I thought I should.” The corners of Michael’s mouth formed into a madman’s smile. Interesting. Very pleasing as well.”

Excited by the aspect of auto-harvest, he soon became curious of the skill he obtained after slaying the Nocturnal Wolf. He opened his skills and passives menu and checked the information of his new skill.

Skill Information

Skill Name:

Raging Blow

Skill Level:

1

Experience:

10/600

MP Cost:

0

STA Cost:

All

Cooldown:

10 sec.

Description:

Forged by anger and adrenaline, this skill annihilates an enemy for damage up to x3 the amount of STA Limit you have.

Advantages:

Extremely quick; nigh impossible to avoid.

Disadvantages:

Costs all of your STA, no matter what level you are or the amount of STA you have.

Leaves you vulnerable to attacks after use.

Makes you fatigued.

Destroys weapon durability faster than normal.

Can only use against one enemy at a time.

Excessive use may damage HP.

Damn! The damage equals up to three times the limit of my stamina?! Last time I checked, my stamina limit is 30, right? All I have to do is pick the right fights to join, and I can easily rake up corpses to harvest! Now I feel that my dick nearly being bit off was almost worth it. Almost!”

Now armed with a new skill obtained from the harsh battle he just came out alive from, Michael became more confident in taking on the forest. With the low leveled enemies that he faced so far, he assumed to be in a low leveled area. He would skulk in the bushes of the forest, searching for lone enemies that he could take, and beat them in one hit using Raging Blow. Now abandoning the thought of leaving the forest, Michael figured that he could stay for around a week at most, grinding for corpses to harvest.

What he did not take into account is the fact that he needs food and water to continue to live. After all, this is an unforgiving world he is living in right now, not just an RPG where he would not have to worry about those things. It's not Skyrim, but Eternatus.

1