[Chapter 106] Identities
317 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well…” Alex scratched the back of his head as he stared at the sobbing woman that was being hugged tightly by Alina.

 

The woman seems to be experiencing a nervous breakdown, which seems to be acceptable as she just went through a fight.

 

“.…” Alex then stared at the villain that they beat up, who was still out of it until now.

 

At the distance, Alex could hear the noise of the incoming police sirens. Alex knew that they were here because of the disturbance of the fight.

 

“What should we do now?” It was Queen Mother who asked this question as she looked at Alex and Alina.

 

“We should leave right now.” Alex said as he poked the villain’s face. “When the police arrives, they will surely call the SHA to arrest this woman. Besides, those vines of yours had some kind of chemical that makes people sleep, so we can be assured that this villain will not be able to escape.”

 

“But how about her?” Even if Queen Mother was not using her fingers to point, Alex was sure that she was talking about the woman that they just saved.

”…” Alex went silent for a few seconds as he observed the said woman.

 

She had a slender body that was accentuated by her long black hair. Some calluses could be seen on her hands, which seemed to indicate that she was used to do some hard manual work.

 

Even with her face mask and glasses on, Alex was sure that they woman that they saved was a beauty, although she might need some more cleaning up to make it more noticeable.

 

“We take her with us too.” Alex finally said after a few moments of deliberation. “We are looking for some allies here, right? This woman that we just saved can be a good ally, as she’s grateful to us now. Besides, she is a newbie Hero, so she will surely want to be allied with someone strong like us.”

 

”It’s your call that I will follow.” Queen Mother said as she wore a smile on her face.

Alex was not sure why, but somehow, he could see that Queen Mother was eyeing the woman that they saved with a glint in her eyes.

 

“.…” Alex tried to not to think too deeply from what he saw as he gave a signal to Alina.

 

Alina nodded upon seeing this as she slowly stood up, bringing the sobbing woman with her.

 

By this point, the woman had already stopped crying, and her body had almost stabilized.

Only her knees were shaking, making it hard for her to stand up. But the woman still held on, forcing herself to stand upright.

 

Alex nodded upon seeing this, feeling impressed with the woman’s tenacity.

 

“She got the makings of a potential fighter.” Queen Mother said as she looked pleased too with what she saw. “She really can be a good ally for us.”

 

“...If you say so.” Alex mumbled as he felt more and more weirded out with Queen Mother’s attitude.

 

It was at that point that Alina decided to talk to the woman.

 

 

“Hey, we are about to leave this place now.” Alina said as she gave the woman a handkerchief. “Do… you want to rest in our place? You seem to need some sleep after all.”

 

“You… you are inviting me to your place?” The woman asked haltingly as she wiped her face with the handkerchief. “Are… you really sure about that?”

 

“We are sure.” Alina said as she gave the woman a kind look. “My partner and I were both sure that you are a kind person, and that you will not do anything negative against us. Besides, with your current condition, I am not sure if you can go home by your own.”

 

It could have been the kind look on Alina’s face, or the logic in her voice, but nonetheless, the woman seemed to have been convinced by her as she gave her a nod. “Okay, I will join…”

”Great!” Alex shouted, much to the surprise of the woman. “Let’s all go back to our technological secret base then!”

 

“...We are just living in a small apartment, Alex.” Alina replied as she showed an exasperated expression on her face. “We couldn’t even afford to buy those ‘fancy gadgets and costumes’ that you want, so how could we find a base with laser beams and flying robot butlers?”

 

 

“.…” Alex was rendered silent by that as he looked down on the ground.

 

"Let’s just go.” Alex said as he ran away as if he was fleeing from his embarrassment.

 

He could only hear giggles behind him as his Companions followed him.

 

“I know that you are happy that you are in World full of Heroes, but maybe you should tone it down with you geeking out in Hero stuff.” Asteria said as she flitted behind Alex. “It’s slightly cringy, you know. Even I could not understand your enthusiasm dressing up as a Hero..”

 

“Shut it, fairy. You are just jealous you can’t dress up as Hero like us.”

 

“You’re bullying me again!”

 

”Har, har, har.”

 

“.……”

******************

 

Alex’s then went silent as they travelled, as he remembered their arrival in this World.

 

Today was January 22, 2018, and today was the third day of Alex in this World.

 

Unlike his entrance on the first two Worlds, Alex’s arrival in this World was somewhat subdued.

 

When they arrived in this World 3 days ago, Alex and his Companions found themselves on a dusty alley.

 

After their arrival, Alex and his Companions did their best to gather information without alerting anyone.

 

Once they got all the information that they wanted however, Alex could not help but let out a shout of excitement.

 

As it turns out, they were in a World full of Superhumans, with these said Superhumans becoming either Villain or Heroes.

 

Alex, who was somewhat of a hero movie fanatic, was absolutely pumped up with the new World that he got in.

 

Alex and his Companions then spent the rest of those 3 days on finding an apartment where they could stay in.

 

Once they had all settled in, Alex, who looked to be really excited, immediately asked Asteria for their Main Mission.

But to the surprise and confusion of Alex, Asteria said that they have to wait for 4 days before they can receive the Main Mission, as there was something special that was about to happen in this World.

 

Before Alex could feel bored at that time, Asteria suddenly said that Alex and his Companions must at least find a way to make themselves prominent in this World before the Main Mission arrives. She said that it was important to do that, as it will be helpful that they are slightly famous once the Main Mission arrives.

 

 

Once Alex heard this, he naturally did the natural thing that anyone like him will do in a World like this.

 

He built a Hero Team.

 

*************************

Alex let out a slight smile on his face as he realized that the debut of their Hero Team, which he decided to call as ‘Travelers’ was highly successful.

 

Not only did they not capture a powerful villain, they even got a potential new ally!

 

His happy thoughts however were interrupted when Queen Mother talked to him.

 

“Alex, do I really have to use my real appearance as my Hero persona?” Queen Mother asked as she slightly glared at Alex. “I really do not get you and your talks about this identity thingy. Was it really that important?”

 

“.…….”

One of the main problems that Alex had when they arrived in this World was Queen Mother’s appearance.

 

She might be beautiful, but her green skin was making it hard for her to stay conspicuous

 

Luckily for them, Queen Mother can change the color of her skin.

 

In order for her to not attract attention, Queen Mother decided to change her skin color from green to tanned.

 

As for Alex and Alina, they decided to keep their Human Forms to blend in with the crowd

 

At first, Alex and his Companions were content on staying at these forms while they were in this World.

 

But once Alex proposed the idea of creating a Hero Team, they decided to play with their appearances too.

 

 

For Queen Mother, they decided to use her tanned form as her ‘civilian identity’, while her green form will be her ‘Hero identity’.

 

As for Alina, her Human Form is her ‘civilian identity’ while her Vampire Queen Form will be her ‘Hero identity’.

 

As for Alex, he decided to mix it up, with his Human Form as his ‘civilian identity’ while both his Monster and Human From were his ‘Hero Identity’.

 

Both of his companions and Asteria were confused with Alex’s decision regarding his civilian and Hero identities, but they decided to play along with him as he seemed to be the ‘expert’ in things like these.

 

“We have arrived already.” Alex’s thoughts were cut off as Alina’s words rang in his ears.

 

Alex stopped in his tracks, and he found themselves inside a dark alley.

 

There are no people and cameras nearby, giving them some privacy.

 

“Let’s change here.” Alex said as he gave a nod to Alina and Queen Mother.

 

“Alright.” The two women replied as their appearance shifted.

 

Queen Mother’s body turned slightly leaner as her skin changed from green to sun-kissed brown in color.

 

As for Alina, her height was reduced while her skin lost its pale luster.

 

Alex nodded upon seeing their transformation, as he saw that there were no hiccups at all.

 

The woman that they saved could only look at what happened with surprise, with her mouth wide open.

 

“This poor girl is in for some more surprise..” Asteria giggled as she landed on Alex’s head. “Will you show all of it to her?”

 

“Well, it depends if she had the capabilities that I want.” Alex murmured in reply. “But for now, she can be our ally, someone that we can use to navigate this new World better. If she can impress me more, she can be part of our Hero Team!”

 

“Just be careful Alex, I can see that this woman that you saved was checking out both Alina and Queen Mother.” Asteria said as she gave a salacious smile at Alex. “You never know, this woman might take both of them for herself!”

 

“.…”

 

Alex is the representation of an MC that was Isekai'd on a Hero World.

Wait, was there even any Isekai with that premise?

 

5