[Chapter 111] Foresight
246 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ehem.” Alex coughed out as he stared at his Abyss Sprites. “All of your wishes are a little… misconstrued. Let me adjust them later, ok?”

 

All of his Sprites moaned in disappointment, although Alex could feel that they were not that angry at all.
Well, except for Wrath, who look quite pissed a little now.

 

“Hey! Don’t you dare mouth me off!” Out of nowhere, the dumb fairy Asteria suddenly shouted. She was gazing at Pride entirely, with her whole body showing off some signs of anger.

 

<<<Oh, and what can you do if I mouth you off, you little honey sucking bimbo?>>> Pride replied as he gave Asteria a disdainful look. <<<Oh, speaking of honey, do you want me to give you some? Well, as long as you lick my shoes, I will give you all the honey that you want!>>>

“You a**hole!” Asteria let out a high shriek as she flew towards the smug Pride.

 

{{{Hey, don’t you dare attack one of us!}}} Wrath exclaimed as his eyes started to blaze red. “You don’t get to impose your rules here!}}}

 

To Alex’s surprise, he saw Wrath throwing what looked like destruction blasts towards Asteria.

Asteria dodged it with ease, which just made Wrath more pissed.

 

---What a drag…--- Sloth muttered as he watched the ensuing fight with a disinterested look in his face. ---Why don’t you just let me sleep?---

To Alex’s disappointment, all the other Sprites except for Sloth have joined in the fight too.

Alex has to spend the following moments dodging all the attacks and magic thrown by his Sprites towards Asteria.

“Oh please help me out…” Alex  said as he gave a look of plea towards Alina and Queen Mother, as he wanted to ask them for their help.

 

“Sigh...” Both women stood up with wry smiles on their faces as they plucked out the quarreling Sprites.

**********************

After a few minutes of scuffling, Alex and his Companions were able to pacify the situation.

Right now, Asteria was tied around Alex’s shoulder while the Sprites were sitting on the sofa.

All of them except Wrath, Sloth, and Pride gave him apologetic looks on their faces.

 

Alex let out a sigh as he placed a palm on his forehead.

“Look.” Alex said as he swept his arms all around the room. “All of you did so much damage in this place, I do not even know if chickens can live here!”

 

Even if Alex’s insults were quite corny, he was still able to drive his point home.

 

“Frankly speaking, I am quite disappointed with you all.” Alex said as he gave a sad look to his Sprites. “I thought you were all here to help me out. But as it turns out… Sigh”

Alex then used his acting skills to make himself look quite miserable.

All the Sprites saw the ‘miserable’ look on his face, prompting them to feel guilty.

 

^^^Sorry Master…^^^ Envy, who looked like the one with the lowest self-esteem among them all, was the first one to ask for an apology. ^^^I just want to impress you, Master. Huhuhuh, I’m sorry if I made you made! Please don’t kick me out!^^^

After hearing this apology, the other Sprites started to give their own apology too.

 

“And you three?” Alex muttered as he stared at Sloth, Wrath , Pride. “Where is the sorry that I want to hear?”

---Should I really apologize? I did not even do anything.---

“Well, that is what you did wrong..”

---…I’m sorry then. Can I go to sleep now?---

{{{Hmph, I am sorry I let my fury take over me. I should have been better than this.}}}

 

“Well you are the incarnation of Wrath, so I understand if you are having difficulties with things like this.”

 

<<<Master, why should I apologize to the dumb fairy? I do not even know if she is intelligent enough to understand my precious apology!>>>

“If you don’t apologize, you will be grounded.”

 

<<<I am sorry, dum-Asteria, if I was offended by your sheer stupidity. I promise that I will tolerate your dumbness from now on.>>>

 

“…I think that is the best apology I can get from you.” Alex concluded as he looked at Asteria, who was tied tightly on his shoulder. “As for you Asteria, I am sure I cannot make you say sorry. So, you will just stay tied up like that until you learn to not attack my Sprites.”

 

“Hmpfh!” Alex does not even need to read minds to know how angry Asteria is right now. “Hmpghsng!”

 

“Ok!” Alex clapped his hands, as he and his Sprites ignored the struggling Asteria. “Now that we have fixed the delay, let’s proceed on the fusion!”

 

All the Sprites straightened up after hearing this, with Sloth trying his best to look interested.

 

“Because of what you did to this apartment, you will not get anything after helping me out with this fusion. Consider that as your punishment.” Alex said as he gave a soft look towards the Sprites. “You understand why I do this, right?”

 

The nods of assent that came from the Sprites showed their understanding.

“Alex, can you let Asteria out for now?” Alina asked as she looked at Alex. “We still need to buy our items too, and only Asteria can buy that for us.”

 

“Oh right, I forgot about that.” Alex commented as he glared at the tied-up Asteria. “Make sure that you will behave while I do the fusion, ok? If you don’t then I will personally stop your honey supply from coming to you.”

 

 The scared expression that Asteria had right now was enough to make Alex feel pleased.

Alex deftly untied the ropes as he flicked Asteria’s forehead. “Behave.”

 

“….” Asteria’s only reply to that was a glare before she plopped down on Alina’s lap.

Both Alina and Queen Mother then proceeded to stroke the dumb fairy’s hair, as if they were comforting her.

“……” Alex suppressed the jealousy that he felt from the sight as he sat down at the middle of the room. He then assumed a meditative stance as he evened out his breathing.

“Let’s get over with this then.” Alex muttered as he closed his eyes.

All the Abyss Sprites closed their eyes too as they assumed meditative stances.

 

They then formed a circle around Alex, with equidistant spaces between each Sprite.

“Hong~” After a few seconds of lull silence, both Alex and the Sprites started to glow as their bodies started to tremble.

 

A white pillar of light appeared around Alex, which fortunately only had the height of 6 feet. With Alex’s height, he was entirely covered the by white pillar.

 

As for the Sprites, they were covered by seven small black pillars of light. They were also fully covered by these black pillars, resulting in a quite fascinating and eerie sight.

 

Alina, who was observing the whole process, could perfectly see a while pillar surrounded by seven smaller black pillars.

“That white pillar represents the Mental Power, while the black pillars represent the Abyss Energy.” Asteria explained as Alina watched the sight with an entranced expression on her face.

Alina then watched in interest as the seven black pillars slowly approached the while pillar. She out a gulp as she knew that the delicate fusion part is about to start.

 

“Bzzt!” Crackling sounds could be heard as the white pillar made contact with the seven black pillars.

 

The black pillars looked like they were about to be pushed off, as grunts of exertion could be heard from the Sprites inside the pillars.

This same grunt could also be heard from Alex, as if he was also having the same difficulty as his Sprites.

Naturally, this sight had Alina extremely worried, although she knew that she cannot do anything about it for now.

 

“Only when that white pillar swallows all the seven black pillars that the fusion between Alex’s Esper Abilities and his Abyss Abilitiies will be complete.” Asteria said as she flew up towards Alina’s forehead. “Don’t worry, Alex can withstand the pressure from this fusion, although it might take him around an hour to finish what he was doing. So for now, you should not worry about him. You should worry about your additional abilitiies first!”

 

Both Alina and Queen Mother nodded upon hearing this, with Queen Mother looking a little more excited than usual.

Asteria obviously noticed this, which prompted her to approach the World Tree first. “Ok, since you are the new Companion of Alex, you will be the one to buy first. Are you ready?”

 

“I’m ready.” The green lady commented as the symbol on her forehead glowed. “Now, tell me what I can buy.”

***********************

Around the same time, inside a luxurious room.

 

A barely clothed man let out a moan as he sipped the velvety red wine from his glass.

His eyes had a glazed look on them, as if he just received a mind-breaking kind of pleasure.

“Ahhh… the wine really feels good after receiving some good news.” The man said as he caressed his long black hair. “Hehehe… for me to drink this rare Cognac after Glacia’s imprisonment is great indeed! Hmm.. I wonder if that woman will have time to scratch her itch in prison….”

 

The man then continued on enjoying his wine as he admired the view from his window.

All that the man could see was a wide expanse of buildings and structures, which all looked quite small from where the man was looking.

The man wore a salacious smile on his face as his eyes feasted on what he was seeing.

“With Glacia gone, my only rival for the control of the city is that dumb Mafioso. Hmph, if he dared to try something stupid right now, I will make sure to make him know who the real ruler of this city is!”

 

Before the man could start to complain more, he suddenly heard someone rushing in towards his room.

 

Judging by the heartbeat of the approaching person, the man realized that the newcomer was quite panicking.

 

This newcomer paused just right in front of the door, making the man nod his head in approval.

“Speak, mongrel. You know I do not want to hear useless stuff.” The man said as he tilted his head. A knife then appeared in his hands as he pointed it at the door. “Say the right words, and this will not be your last day.”

If what the newcomer says was uninteresting, then he will just get a knife on his throat.

“Eek!” The newcomer let out a squeak, making the door tremble a little.

The man narrowed his eyes upon seeing this, not liking what he sees. “Speak up now, I am getting quite bored already.”

 

“Umm.. we have received the news that a new Villain Team just broke out Glacia out of her prison!” The newcomer said as he tried to make himself sound composed. He failed terribly at that. “Umm.. right now we are doing our best to locate them!”

 

“Good.” The man said as the knife disappeared. “Find Glacia and the team that broke her out. Monitor them, and inform me when they do something important, especially if its related to us.”

 

“Yes Boss!”

“You may go now.” The man said as he lounged on his chair. “Do not disappoint me, ok?” You know what happens to those that do, right?”

“Ye-ye-yes boss!” The man then heard some scampering sounds behind the door, indicating the that newcomer had already ran away.

 

“Hmm…” Once he felt that there was nobody near his room anymore, the man shook his head as he started to don some clothes.

 

“A new Hero Team appeared just last night, and now,  a new Villain Team appeared. From the looks of it, the prediction made by Foresight seems to be starting now. Should I be happy about this? Well, there’s only one way to find out.”

 

Rustling sounds could be heard as the man started to wear a lavishly red robe, coupled with a long cape behind him.

He then sashayed towards the door as a party mask covered his face.

 

He opened the door with a bang as his imposing presence spilled out everywhere.

 

The man then let out a high-pitched laugh as the people nearby started to cower in his presence.

“If I want to confirm the authenticity of the prediction, then I have to just visit both of these new Teams! There is nothing wrong if I want to visit them, right?”

 

*Sashays*

6