[Chapter 122] Deal, or No Deal?
245 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Don’t try to use your plants anymore, Dryad.” The mad scientist said as she continued on spraying out the noxious gas out of her container. “This special gas that I made has special enzymes that will prevent plant growth! Not only that, but I also placed agents here that are effective against mollusk-like bodies! I Oh, and I also reduced the visibility in this area, so that Khora and Signum will not be able to see clearly!””

 

 “!!!” After hearing what the mad scientist said, Alex eyes widened as he looked at his tentacle form. To his surprise, he saw that his tentacles were starting to form holes, as if the gas was affecting them!

 

As  for Dryad, she was frowning slightly as she said,

“It will be pretty hard for me to summon the plants that I summoned last night… That woman really made sure to inhibit plant growth with that gas of hers. How ingenious…”

 

“This woman deserves to be a Traveler…” Alex muttered to himself as he shifted back to his Human Form. “The announcement for the Main Mission was made just earlier, yet she was able to concoct a gas to neutralize the abilities that we showed on the video last night…”

 

From the looks of it, this mad scientist had prepared herself to face Alex’s team. By using the gas to neutralize the abilities of Alex’s team, the mad scientist Companions will have easier time fighting them.

“Go!” The mad scientist shouted to her Companions. “It’s our time to shine now!”

 

The Companions of the mad scientist then dashed towards Alex’s team, as if they wanted to cut them down.

Might’s body tensed up as he started to join the fight, but before he could do so, a shout of pain could be heard coming from Deporter.

Because of the appearance of the noxious gas, the other Heroes were suddenly unable to see the attacks coming from Glacia.

The supervillain naturally took advantage of this, as she sent her ice spikes on the Heroes. Most of them were able to dodge, except for Deporter, whose left foot was caught by the spike.

“We can deal with them by ourselves!” Alex shouted to Might. “Help out Deporter, and we will deal with this villain team by ourselves!”

Might looked like he wanted to say something else, but when he saw the lumbering figure of Glacia approaching Deporter, he was left with no choice but to help Deporter out.

Once Might was gone, Alex looked back at the Companions rushing towards them with a smirk on his face.

“Your chemicals are quite good… although that is not enough to weaken us!” Alex said he dashed towards the mad scientist herself.

The 7 Abyss  Sprites then appeared behind Alex as they started absorbing Abyss Energy for him.

 

Even if Alex was not in his shifted form, he can still use Abyss Magic. And now that he had his Abyss Sprites with him, using Abyss Magic was faster and easier for him!

 

For now, Alex decided to only use Abyss Magic while fighting the mad scientist.

As for EM Manipulation, he will keep that secret for now. He will use it as his secret weapon.

 

After all, his Main Mission was to obtain the Legacy of Tartaros.

 Alex would preferably only use his EM Manipulation when the time comes for him to obtain the Legacy of Tartaros. After all, that was the time where his life will be really at stake.

 

Right now will be just a sort of probing battle.

 

Alex smirked, as he knew that the mad scientist must be thinking the same way as him too.

 

As long as the Legacy of Tartaros was not yet shown, the mad scientist will also not show her full capabilities.

She will obviously settle on using her Chemist abilities for now. As for her other abilities, she might only use it once the chase for the Legacy of Tartaros starts.

 

Alex smiled as he imagined that he and the mad scientist were playing an elaborate game of Go right now, and what they were doing were just setting the preliminary pieces.

“If you want to play this game, then I will gladly play it with you.” Alex thought to himself as he set his goal as: Defeat the enemy Travelers without showing much of his strength.

“You are a Magic User? Tsk, so you hid your strength well. I thought you were just a monster shifter… Hahaha, this should be fun!” The mad scientist cackled as a syringe appeared in her left hand.

 

Red liquid sloshed inside the syringe as the mad scientist injected it to herself.

The mad scientist’s skin immediately turned red as her face flushed. Steam came out of her body as her eyes went red.

 

“!!!” Alex eyes narrowed as he saw the mad scientist sending out a punch in his direction.

With his danger sense, Alex realized that this punch can somehow injure him!

<<<Mental Enhancement>>>
<<<Defense Enhancement>>>

<<<Attack Enhancement>>>

Before the punch could hit Alex, Pride shouted out his first three spells, covering Alex with a golden glow.

“Boom!” After receiving the enhancements form Pride, Alex let loose a punch of his own too, meeting the mad scientist’s punch head on.

 

Both of them then retreated by two steps, with them looking at their fists with wonder.

 

“…” Alex stared at the mad scientist, as he confirmed that the red liquid that she injected to herself increased her bodily toughness and power.

 

It was only when Alex used Defense and Attack Enhancement that he was able to fight back against that punch.

 

“So your spells allowed you to withstand my body huh. Huhuhu, now you make me really interested!” The mad scientist cackled as she injected herself with another syringe.

This time, what was inside the syringe was blue liquid.

 

 

The veins on the mad scientist’s body started to glow blue, as she began to laugh maniacally.

“Catch me if you can!” The mad scientist then disappeared on the spot, with her only leaving dust in her wake.

“!!!” Alex felt danger coming to him from behind, prompting to defend himself from that spot.

^^^Major Telekinesis^^^

{{{Major Destruction Aura}}}

 

A piece of stone flew towards Alex, hitting the person that appeared behind him.

“Crack!”

A cracking sound could be heard as the mad scientist, who was about to plunge a venom-coated knife into Alex’s nape, blocked a piece of stone aimed to her head with her left arm.

 

The bone in her left arm, which was enhanced by the mad scientist’s concoctions, was split in half by the piece of stone that was powered by Major Telekinesis and was covered with Major Destruction Aura.

 

“Drats” The mad scientist cursed as she disappeared from the spot, reappearing once more in front of Alex.

She was holding her left arm gingerly as she glared at him.

 

 

“So, that red liquid increases your body toughness, while that blue liquid enhances your speed.” Alex muttered to himself as he shook his head.

Alex felt happy that his Mental Enhancement allowed him to attack the mad scientist even if she was in her super-speed state earlier. It was only that enhancement that allowed him to conjure Major Telekinesis and Major Destruction Aura on a piece of stone before the mad scientist could hit him.

“For you to use your chemist abilities on yourself… is quite daring and innovative. But I assume that you are still holding back, right?”

 

“Hmph!” The mad scientist withdrew another syringe, this time containing green liquid inside it. She injected it to herself, and Alex saw the broken bone fixing itself once the syringe was empty.

“I am not the only one holding back.” The mad scientist said as she glared at Alex. “You are still holding back too, right?’

“Well…” Alex’s voice trailed as he observed his Companions.

 

He saw Alina fighting the katana-wielding Companion of the mad scientist.

Alex watched in amusement as he saw that each one of Alina’s attacks were being dodged gracefully by the katana woman.

It was as if the katana woman knew every move that Alina made, and she was doing steps to avoid them.

Alex could also see the katana woman sending out some thread-like weapons to Alina, which Alina just deflects with her space shields.

 

So far, none of the two swordswoman were able to get an edge on each other, as their defenses prevent the other one from landing a hit.

 

Alex then looked at Queen Mother and Lauren, who were fighting together against the whip woman and the metal ball guy.

Even with the noxious gas present, Queen Mother somehow was able to produce some kind of biological agent that purified the area 5 meters around her.

 

Inside that area she was able to summon razor-toothed plants that chomped towards the whip woman and the ball guy.

As for Lauren, she was continuously slapping her symbols on the plants, as she seemed to be adding some kind of lethal property on these plants.

 

This seemed to have spurned the plants on, as they began spitting out some kind of corrosive chemicals towards their opponent.

As for the ball guy, Alex could see countless drones coming out of the guys’ metal ball, with most of the drones intercepting the chemical spit and the remaining drones attacking Lauren.

Queen Mother was just casually slapping these drones away with a whip-like extension that appeared in her right hand.

 

As for Queen Mother’s left hand, it was shooting out balls made out of wood with speeds reaching that of a bullet.

The wood balls were all targeting the whip woman and the metal ball guy.

 

But none of the wood balls were reaching the targets, as the whip woman was blocking them all.

The whip woman was currently in a transformed state, with her body adapting the appearance of a gigantic cobra, with size as large as that of an elephant.

 

This cobra was flicking her tail at insane speeds, slapping the wooden balls out of the air, with some of the balls headed to Alina, who also blocks them with ease.

Alex let out a sigh as he looked at the two deadlocks nearby him. He then looked back to the mad scientist, giving her a nod as he said,

“Yes, we are holding back too. If we were not holding back, you guys will be defeated by us already.”

“Hmph, defeat us? In your dreams!” The mad scientist shouted as she gave Alex a condescending look. ”But even if you want to use your full abilities, you don’t want to do that, right?” The mad scientist said as she gave her lunatic grin to Alex. “Not when we still do not know what the Legacy is...”

 

The tone of the mad scientist’s voice made Alex narrow his eyes as he realized what she was pertaining to.

 

Alex gave the mad scientist a suspicious glare as he said,

 

“Are you… talking about having an alliance to look for the Legacy of Tartaros?”

 

“Exactly!” The mad scientist grinned amidst the sounds of battle. “You know that with us holding back here, no conclusive winner could be seen. So instead of us wasting time here, why don’t we just use our joint abilities to find the Legacy of Tartaros?  Once we find the Legacy, we can go back to fighting against each other to determine the owner of the Legacy. But at that time, there will be no holding back anymore…”

“…”

“So, what do you think of that offer?” The mad scientist said as the red glow from her concoction started to fade.  “Will you accept it, or not?”

 

“…..”

That offer came out of nowhere.

5