[Chapter 159] It’s Time!
241 10 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Alina said these words, the whole area around Mafioso's Mansion went quiet, as if everyone was waiting for something to happen.

Alex was no exception here, as he stared warily at the Pantheon and the Alchemists, waiting for them to make a move.

The one who bit the bullet was Foresight, whose gaze was concentrated on Alina as she started to talk.

"So, what do you want to ask from us?" Foresight said with a twinkle in her eyes.

Alex was sure that even with Duplicator somehow disrupting Foresight's future sight, Foresight could still see an hour into the future, which meant that she still knew what will happen around this place.

Because of that, the way that Foresight talked to them now was suspicious, making Alex think that Foresight is about to start her scheme here.

What could the scheme be, and when will it drop?

"Calm down there, hooman." Asteria, who was able to come back to Alex, muttered as she slapped the back of his neck. "Don't overthink things now. Just focus on what will happen later. You are supposed to fight for your life here! Just end this conversation and start fighting to the death!"

"Oh please don't spout nonsense like that here." Alex replied in a whisper as he stopped the urge to pinch Asteria. "Just shut up there, and let me do what I can do, okay?"

"Hmph!"

********************

After ignoring Asteria's continuous complaints, Alex turned his attention back to the conversation between Alina and Foresight.

Alina went silent for a few seconds, as if she was thinking of the appropriate thing to say.

Alina then opened her mouth as she slowly said,

"What if… my companions and I can find a way to solve your problem with the Legacy of Tartaros? Will you give it to us?"

"Give it to you?" Hmph, you clearly are planning to do nefarious things to it!" Myth, who was still looking pissed, interjected before Foresight could give an answer. "You think that after all the things that you did here, we can just allow you to take the Legacy easily? In your dreams!"

"Hey, I have the same offer as them too!" This time, the one who talked was Professor Frances, who was still holding Andrew Collins and Lauren captive. "If you give the Legacy to us, I will restore Tetra's memories, and I can allow him to meet his relatives, if he actually had one inside the simulated world! Don't worry all of you! I promise to fulfill all of that!"

"Quit your lies too!" Myth replied to Professor Frances as she pointed her arm in her direction. "You are just as worse as the Travelers! I know all the villainy that you did, and that just tells me that you are not also worthy of holding the simulated world! Heck, nobody in this world, except for the Pantheon are worthy enough to keep that simulated world safe!"

"Besides, do you think that I will allow people like you to just hold my home world?" This time around, it was Tetra who spoke up, and his eyes seemed like they were blazing hot as he stared at Alex and Professor Frances. "I am an idiot if I will just allow people like you to take hold of my homeworld! So, I suggest that you all forget about taking my home world for yourselves. If you really want to get it, then you have to get over my body first!"

Alina slightly staggered after hearing Tetra's words, as she wobbled on her spot.

"…" Alina seemed to be affected by what Tetra said, and Alex could understand her pain.

After all, that simulated world was Alina's home world too, and she also wanted it to be safe from harm, thus her excitement to take care of the simulated world.

But with Pantheon blocking the way, Alina's goal to keep the simulated world for herself was almost impossible.

Alina also cannot just say that she also came from the simulated world.

It will be hard for her to explain on how she left the simulated world without her occupying an Empty Body, so saying that she came from the simulated world will just make the Pantheon distrust Alina more.

Then there was the Alchemists, who looked like they had something planned on a situation like this.

Alex might hate to admit it, but it seemed like there was no choice left now but to fight. It's only through winning that Alex and his Companions can force their opponents to submit to their will…

At the moment that Alex reached this line of thought, he heard Queen Mother's voice saying something to him.

"Eldritch, it took me some time to neutralize it, but I managed to succeed. It's all gone now."

"!!!" After hearing these words, Alex resisted the urge to smile as he realized what Queen Mother did.

"Hehehe, I thought it will be impossible for you to do it, but it seems like I underestimated you." Alex replied happily as he started cracking his knuckles. "You did us a great service by doing this, Dryad!"

************

Days ago, when Alex and the others were preparing countermeasures against the Pantheon, Alex assigned Queen Mother a secret mission which she can only do.

And that mission was to monitor all of Professor Frances' chemical activities, every time and everywhere.

With Queen Mother's ability to create biological agents, she's the best one suited to deal with someone like Professor Frances' chemical abilities.

Of course with Professor Frances' talent, it will be much harder for Queen Mother to deal with her chemicals.

But Alex knew that given time, Queen Mother can do something if Professor Frances uses a concoction against them!

And right now, it seems like Queen Mother had succeeded on doing so!

****************

From the looks of it, after Professor Frances said that she injected Lauren and Andrew Collins with a special concoction, Queen Mother started to use her biological agents to discreetly analyze Professor Frances' special concoction.

And while Alina was telling everything about the Legacy of Tartaros, Queen Mother must have started catalyzing something to counteract the special concoction used by Professor Frances.

Once she finished catalyzing it, she must have released it to the air, right towards the breathing noses of Andrew Collins and Lauren, which in turn neutralized the special concoction injected in their bodies.

With the gleeful look on Queen Mother's eyes, Alex knew that its safe for him to start fighting.

Once he had reached that decision, Alex let out a mischievous smile as he picked up Nomad's still paralyzed body.

"It seems like every one of you are not in any kind of agreement now." Alex said as his tentacles wrapped themselves around Nomad. "In that case, let me break this awkward state!"

Alex then threw Nomad's body towards the Pantheon, with the said projectile letting out curdling shouts of fear.

Everyone was caught surprise by what Alex did, and that surprise was something that he needed right now.

"Blik." Alex immediately activated his teleportation, choosing to appear in front of Professor Frances.

With her special concoction already neutralized by Queen Mother, Professor Frances' leverage over Alex was already gone.

As he stared at the surprised Professor Frances, Alex's mouth thinned as he decided to go all-out now!

The space around his left main tentacle began to tremble as he gathered millions of gravity waves around his left hand.

Behind Alex, he could hear Tetra's astonished shout, as he seemed to have seen what Alex did.

Alex ignored that shout as he sent his left main tentacle hurtling towards Professor Frances's head.

But before Alex's fist could land, a katana met his strike head on.

"Boom!" To Alex surprise, he saw his gravity punch being parried by the katana, which led to his punch sailing just above Professor Frances' head.

Alex looked at the holder of the katana, and he saw that it was the future-seeing Companion of Professor Frances that parried his attack.

"…" Just like what Alex expected, it seems like this future-seeing woman could still see a few seconds in combat, which allowed her to see what Alex will do.

However, Alex did not expect this woman to parry his punch, which Alex knew should bring the force comparable to that of a falling meteorite!

"So, you are all showing your full power now, huh. Now this is fun!" Alex let out a laugh, as he realized that the future-seeing woman was actually this skilled! No wonder she's a Companion of Professor Frances!

But even with that discovery, Alex was not fazed.

After all, his punch towards Professor Frances was just a distraction!

His true goal was something else!

While his left main tentacle was for attacking Professor Frances, his right main tentacle was doing a different thing.

While Professor Frances and her Companions were distracted by Alex's gravity punch, his right main tentacle wrapped itself around Lauren and Andrew Collins' body.

At the moment that the future-seeing Companion parried Alex's strike, Professor Frances' grip on her hostages slackened slightly.

Alex took this opening eagerly, with his right main tentacle pulling back, dragging Lauren and Andrew Collins towards him.

Before these two could let out their shouts. Alex threw them towards Alina, who in turn stored the two inside her Storage.

"You!!!" Needless to say, Professor Frances was quite pissed by what had happened, as she saw her two valuable hostages being taken away by Alex.

"Hehehe, if you want to get them, you have to get over my body first!" Alex replied mockingly, mimicking the voice that Tetra used earlier. "What's the problem? Come get me now! I will not be holding back anymore!"

"Argh!"

But before Professor Frances could start her own attack, Alex and the others suddenly heard rumbling sounds all around them.

Alex looked up instinctively, and there he saw the source of the sounds.

He saw an old man wearing majestic robes floating just above him. His face was slightly gloomy, which was exemplified by his long, white beard.

The man was holding a staff in his left hand, and a book in his right.

Alex gulped slightly, as he had the feeling that this old man was extremely dangerous!

"Where the hell did this old man come from?" Alex thought to himself as he looked at the old man with confusion and wariness. "Is he another powerful Hero?"

Alex then looked at the people floating beside the old man, and that was there that he realized who this old man really is.

"This old man… is Myth!" Alex exclaimed inwardly as he saw energy gathering all around the old man's staff.

"Myth… she transformed into a freaking Sorcerer!" Alex shouted inwardly as the old man raised the staff in the air. "I don't know who this old man is, but I am sure that Myth's choice for transformation are always the strong ones!"

After Alex reached this line of thought, the old man sent his staff hurtling down, blasting the area below him with a powerful energy blast which hit everyone in the ground!

"Skroom!"

Okie, this volume is about to end... and I am still thinking of a very good idea for my next volume. Any suggestions?

3