[Chapter 163] Colliseum
250 6 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since this is the deciding fight of the Main Mission, Alex decided to not hold back anymore, deciding to unleash the first attack.

And since this is a fight for his life, Alex decided to unleash the strongest attack that he can use right now.

{{{Minor Destruction Aura}}}
{{{Major Destruction Aura}}}

{{{Decay}}}

{{{Wrath Counter}}}

 Out of all the 6 possible Wrath Spells, Alex decided to use 4 of them, as the remaining 2 was not suited for now.

The first two Wrath Spells granted Alex the power to imbue his attacks with destruction, while {{{Decay}}} started to affect Professor Frances’ team.

As for the spell {{{Wrath Counter}}}, it enhanced Alex’ Wrath Spells by a factor of the Wrath Spells that he just used.

Alex used 3 Wrath Spells before he used {{{Wrath Counter}}}, which produced a 3x enhancement on Alex’s Wrath Spells.

After casting these Wrath Spells, Alex did not stop as he continued on casting more spells.

<<<Mental Enhancement>>>
<<<Defense Enhancement>>>

<<<Attack Enhancement>>>
<<<The Weak Serve the Strong>>>

<<<Pride Counter>>>

 

Out of the 6 usable Pride Spells, Alex used 5 of them right now.

The first three Pride Spells enhanced Alex’s attack, defense, and Mental State.

As for the spell <<<The Weak Serve the Strong>>>, it directly gave Alex a power boost from all the Superhumans that he had captured in the mansion.

The amount of the Superhumans that he had captured reached around hundreds, giving Alex an insanely high power boost.

As for the spell <<<Pride Counter>>>, it multiplied the power of Alex’s Pride Spells with the amount of Pride Spells that he just used.

He used 4 Pride Spells before he casted <<<Pride Counter>>>, which produced a 4x enhancement on Alex’s Pride Spells.

^^^Minor Telekinesis^^^

^^^Major Telekinesis^^^

^^^Envy’s Solace^^^
^^^Envy Counter^^^

The first two Envy Spells obviously gave Alex the power to manipulate the objects around him.

As for the third spell, ^^^Envy’s Solace^^^,  it allowed Alex to further increase his power,  but this will only happen if there was someone much stronger than Alex lurking around him.

Only when this person exists that Alex can use ^^^Envy’s Solace^^^.

Naturally, Alex used Tetra as the reference of his ^^^Envy’s Solace^^^ which resulted in him having another power-up.

As for ^^^Envy Counter^^^, it worked the same way just like {{{Wrath Counter}}} and <<<Pride Counter>>>. This time around, Alex used 3 Envy Spells before using ^^^Envy Counter^^^, which gave Alex a 3x enhancement on his Envy Spells.

///Misdirection\

///Sensory Illusion\

///Lust Counter\

Out of the 6 usable Lust Spells, Alex only used 3 of them for now.

///Misdirection\ allowed Alex to shift the attention of Professor Frances’ group away from him, while ///Sensory Illusion\ allowed Alex to create a fake scenario in the minds of Professor Frances’ team.

 

The use of ///Lust Counter\ doubled the potency of the Alex’s Envy Spells, which directly enhanced the illusions that Alex just made.

Once he casted these spells, Alex decided to not use Greed, Gluttony, or Sloth here, as their spells were far more suited on other ways of fighting.

“…”

 Once he reached this point, Alex paused slightly, as he felt like there was something wrong in the fight.

Alex could not pinpoint what the problem was, but he knew that there’s something abnormal right now.

“…”

Since he could not afford to be distracted, Alex shook his head as he continued his attack preparations.

Alex focused his attention on his Esper Power, as he knew that using them right now will be for the best.

With all the enhancements and power-ups that Alex had from his Pride, Wrath, Envy, and Lust Spells, Alex was sure that the resulting attack from his Esper Power will be quite a blast!

“Bzzt!!!”

Thunder roiled around Alex as he conjured all the electricity that he can.

He gathered all these electricity in one spot as he activated one more spell from Envy.

^^^Combination^^^

This time around, what Alex combined were all the metals that he can sense around him.

He forced them to combine with each other, as he also started fiddling with the molecules in these combined metals.

The end product was a long-bodied cannon around 10 meters long and a meter in diameter.

If one can look inside the cannon, they would see countless metallic coils lining inside its body.

With Alex’s ^^^Combination^^^ Spell, he made sure that the metallic coils inside the cannon’s body will be highly magnetic.

After creating this cannon, he used ^^^Combination^^^ to create a metallic projectile, with its size allowing it to fit inside the cannon.

“Hehehe…” Alex laughed darkly to himself as he placed the metallic projectile inside the cannon. The ringing sound of the metallic projectile hitting the base of the cannon sounded like music to Alex’s ears.

 

And with that, Alex just created his own personal railgun.

 

By using the monstrous amounts of electricity that he gathered earlier, Alex can induce a powerful magnetic field inside the railgun’s body, which will accelerate the metal projectile to insane speeds.

 

With the size of the railgun that he created, and the quality of the metals that he used, Alex was sure that his railgun attack could reach at least Mach 10, or around 3.43 kilometers per second.

If Alex was at the Star Esper Level, he can surely dish out a Railgun with power enough to destroy the planet, but since he was not yet at the Star Esper Level, he had to make do with this railgun for now.

Well, even with that speed, Alex’s railgun attack will still be hella powerful, with all the Abyss Spells that he just used earlier!

 

But of course Alex will not stop just at this.

At the instant that Alex pointed his railgun at the direction of Professor Frances’ team, who all seemed to still be affected by Alex’s Lust Spells, Alex used his Gravity Manipulation to finalize the whole set-up.

He clapped his hands as he willed the gravity waves to compress Professor Frances and her Companions together.

 

The waves followed Alex’s command obediently, forcing the Professor and her Companions into a small ball high up in the air.

Alex actually wanted to use more gravity waves here, but since most of his Mental Power was focused on his EM Manipulation, Alex could only use the gravity waves to compress the Professor along with her Companions.

Weill, that was fine for Alex, as he saw that everything in their battle stage was set-up already.

With the compression that Alex did, Professor Frances and her Companions were all now within the target sight of Alex’s railgun.

 

This, to Alex, was the perfect time for him to fire his weapon.

“Karakatoom!”

 

Alex wasted no time at all as he activated his railgun, creating a magnetic field so powerful that the railgun itself shook from the insane acceleration of the metal projectile inside it.

The projectile slid out of the railgun smoothly, making Alex smile in satisfaction at the successful firing sequence.

With his Mental Enhancement, Alex could see the Destruction Auras around the metal  projectile, as well as the enhancements given by his Pride and Envy Spells.

“Boom!”

The combination of all these abilities resulted in one flying projectile of destruction which landed squarely against Professor Frances and her Companions.

 

Needless to say, the resulting blast that happened after that was quite momentous.

 

“Boom!”

 

Ripples of destructive energy blossomed out of the impact site, which easily levelled the area 5 kilometers around Alex.

Everything inside this radius all turned to ash, as there was just no material able to withstand the effect of Alex’s super railgun attack.

This blast even produced a magnitude 4 quake which was felt on the whole Grand Point City.

“Rumble…”

Fortunately, there were no civilians living inside the blast range.

As for the Pantheon and all the Superhumans that Alex captured before, Alina were able to place them inside her Storage before the explosion occurred.

As for Alex, Alina, Queen Mother, they were able to escape the blast through the use of Alex’s teleportation.

“…..”

All of these aftereffects lasted for around a minute before the surroundings began to calm down.

 

 “…”

The sight that could be seen after the blast was the scorched ground, along with gray ash being scattered by the wind everywhere.

Nothing resembling any signs of life could be seen on the ground, which just shows how deadly the blast was.

“…”

But up above the scorched grounds were 3 human figures who looked very much alive in contrast to the dead feeling that the blast area exudes out.

These 3 figures all had their mouths wide open, as if what they just saw was something that they did not expect.

“Wow, that was something else.” Alex muttered to himself as even he was stunned with what just happened.  “Did I really do all of this?”

In Alex’s opinion, with his Mental Energy still at the Tier Level, he thought that the strongest attack that he can dish out along with his Abyss Spells can only be enough to affect an area 200 meters around him.

But as it turns out, his resulting attack was way more powerful than that!

“…” But even with that powerful attack, Alex could not help but feel like there was something wrong in their current situation.

The main source of that worry came from Professor Frances, who was the sole survivor of Alex’s attack.

The other 3 Companions of Professor Frances were nowhere to be found, possibly  blasted to pieces already by the blast.

As for Professor Frances herself, it was only her head that remained, with all the remaining parts of her body long gone.

This aforementioned head was floating in the air, with its eyes staring back at Alex intently.

Even with her body was gone, it seems like Professor Frances can still live on with just her head.

 

“Why…” As he stared at her head, Alex could not help but get frustrated as he began to feel as if he was cheated with.

“Why are you this weak?!” Alex shouted as he clenched his fists tightly. “I thought that with everything that you did before, your power will be something that will be enough to impede me! But what the hell is this? You were just defeated with my first attack? Are you just s**ting me?”

 

Alex thought that since the Professor was a Traveler like him, there was a high chance that the Professor could be just as dangerous as him.

After all, with Alex just visiting 2 worlds prior, he was able to amass a level of strength enough to threaten powerful opponents.

Using himself as reference, Professor Frances could obviously be as strong as him!

That was why even with that railgun attack, Alex expected Professor Frances and her Companions to suffer only some injuries.

 

But what the hell is this?

All of Professor Frances’ Companions were already dead, and the only thing remaining from the Professor was her head!

There… there’s something wrong with the situation here!

“…You really thought that this will be a fair fight? You think too highly of the Endless Monarch!” Professor Frances, who can still talk even if she was a head, blurted out as her head floated in the air. “This whole Main Mission was not made to foster a fair fight… It was made to execute me!”

 “No, you are just lyin-“

“She’s telling the truth.” Alina said these words quickly as she gave Alex a worried look. “She’s not lying about what she just said…”

“!!!”

The only thing that Alex could to was to stare back at Alina in surprise, as he did not expect that to be true.

Before Alex could comment on what he just heard, the Professor continued talking to him.

“Eldritch, how many worlds have you already visited?” Professor Frances said as she seemed to be suppressing the urge to laugh. “It’s more than one, right?”

 

“I visited two...” Alex replied as he gave the head an uncertain glance. “Ho-how about you?”

“Only one.” The Professor snorted in reply as blood began to slowly drip from her neck. “And I did not even obtain a Companion in that world. It was just all me even here.”

“But those three people with you earlier…”Alex’s voice trailed behind him, remembering the whip woman, the katana woman and the drone guy that were just fighting with Professor earlier.

“Them? They were just my creations, something that I created with my ability.” The Professor replied as her head started to look pale. “With the way that I created them, they were treated as my weapons, which allowed me to bring them here. Pretty neat, right?”

“She’s saying the truth.” Alina said, which just made Alex’s feelings sink more.

 

Professor Frances only went through one world? And she was forced to face Alex and his Companions after that? There really is something messed up with this system!

After all, there’s almost no way that someone like Professor Frances, who only went through one world and had no Companions at all, can win against someone like Alex who visited two worlds and have 2 Companions with him!

Not only that! While the Laws of this World allowed all the powers of Alex and his Companions to exist, these same laws could have weakened Professor Frances’ power, hence her abysmal performance against Alex now!

These factors alone resulted in a sheer disparity in their strength that was just too great!

Then there was also the fact that the Legacy of Tartaros was actually Alina’s homeworld, which on its own, was already an unfair advantage for Alex’s team!

“…”

Once he reached that line of thought, Alex could not help but feel pity for the Professor, as he realized that all this time around, the Professor was fighting against impossible odds!

She continued fighting against Alex even if she knew that in the end, she was bound to lose!

It was quite impressive that the Professor still did not break down mentally from all of these difficulties!

“So… all those posturing that you did to me earlier were all just fake?” Alex asked the Professor as he started to look at her in a different light. “You were just pretending?”

 

“Well, what do you want me to do? Just lie down and cry? Hell no! If I will go out, I prefer to go out with a bang!” Professor Frances replied as the same maniacal smile appeared on her face. “Well, I meant that figuratively, but damn! That bang that you did earlier was too powerful!”

“…”

“Hahahahaha!” Professor Frances then started laughing, as if what she just said was the greatest joke in the world. “Bang! Do you get it? Bang! Hahahahaha!”

“……”

Even if the Professor sounded oddly cheerful, Alex could sense all the emotions roiling inside her right now.

Anger, nervousness, panic, and crippling fear.

These emotions were far from cheerful at all, and quite frankly, Alex was surprised that Professor Frances was not breaking down now.

 

“…Why? Why is this happening to you?” Alex blurted out as he looked at the Professor with pity. “Why were you forced on a suicide mission here?”

 

“You can blame the Endless Monarch for that.” Professor Frances replied as her manic smile remained on her face. “That bastard is not someone that you should trust! We were just his glorified slaves, and as of now, you’re one of his favorites! As for me? I’m just someone that he wants to dispose!”

 

That title tho.

1