[Chapter 170] Carving a New Chapter
224 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You…" At the instant that Alex uttered these words, Tetra's eyes went wide as he stared back at Alex.

Alex stared back imperceptibly as he barely suppressed a grin from appearing on his face.

"You… you know who I really am." Tetra said, saying these words as a statement and not a question. "You came from my homeworld too!"

"Well, with us showing Mental Power, its quite obvious what conclusion you will reach." Alex thought to himself as he did not show any signs of schadenfreude.

"Yeah, you can say it like that." Alex replied as he looked at Alina. "We came from the Esper world, just like you. But as for how we exited it, I'm sorry to say, but we won't be able to say anything to you."

"…"

Instead of looking more shocked, Tetra's face actually turned solemn as his emotions visibly dimmed.

"My name… it was Clint, right?" Tetra said as his eyes scoured Alex's face. There was no hint of suspicion in his eyes anymore. There was only resigned acceptance.

"…You're right." Alex replied while letting out a sigh. "That's your real name…"

"…"

While Tetra was mulling at Alex's answer, Alex looked at Tetra's calm eyes as he asked him,

"So, you still remembered the time at the Hero Party when I asked you when your name was Clint?"

"Oh, I can still remember that everyday since you asked it." Tetra replied as he let out a sigh. "At first, I thought that what you asked me that day was just nonsense. But after seeing what you are really now, I realized that there is a high chance that I am the Clint that you are looking for."

Clint then resumed on staring at Alex intently as he asked him once more,

"So tell me, who am I as Clint?"

"I'm sorry, but I cannot answer that question for now." Alex replied as he shook his head. "As long as we do not find a way to unfreeze the simulation, fix its time acceleration, and keep it perfectly safe, we won't be telling you anything."

"But-"

"Trust me Tetra, it will be better this way." Alex replied grimly. "After all, even if I tell you the truth now, with your memories like that, there is no way that you will be really benefiting from what I will say. So, it is better to just tell you everything once I and my partner gets to save everyone that has to be saved in the Esper World…"

"...."

Alex knew that if he told Tetra the truth now, the truth won't do anything that remarkable to him as Tetra's memories were still gone

The only way that they can make Tetra benefit from the truth was by finding a way to fix all the current faults of the simulation.

But with its problems still not solved, Alex and Alina will have to keep the Esper World with them for now.

"Don't worry Tetra, once we are sure that your home world was perfectly secure, we will come back here and tell you everything." Alex said with finality as he saw Alina placing her hands on top of the metal ball.

"Come back? Are you telling us that you two will leave?" Tetra asked out as he understood the implications of what Alex just said. "With your abilities like these, where will you even go?"

"Oh, that's a secret for now~" Alex replied playfully as Foresight giggled in front of him. "Let's just say that I will be going to a very, very far away place later."

"Hmph, suit yourself then." In the end, it looks like Tetra was left with no choice but to allow Alex to leave with the Legacy of Tartaros. "Even if you two were villains, I still could not help but feel as if you two were trustworthy…"

"Well, we are trustworthy after all." Alex cheekily replied as he gave Tetra a smile. "I just happened to make you mad at that time…"

"Just shut up and go!" Tetra shouted in irritation as he let out another sigh. "Since Foresight had seen the future, and I also have understood your reasoning, you are now free to take care of my home world. Just… take care of it, ok?"

"We will do that, I promise." This time around, the one who replied was Alina, whose gorgeous eyes looked like they were blazing greatly.

Tetra looked like he was unable to resist Alina's blazing eyes as he averted his gaze away from her.

"Hmph, with my body being actually created, my life expectancy's way higher than normal. So don't worry if you take long on fixing my home world. Just come back to me quickly once you were done, ok?"

"Yep, I'll take note of that." Alex replied with finality.

After saying these words, Alex looked at Queen Mother, who seemed to be busy talking to Lauren now.

Both the voices of these two women were in whispers, signifying that what they were talking right no was important.

Lauren looked visibly distressed in the conversation, and Alex could see the woman almost tearing up.

"…." After a few more minutes of talking, Lauren hastily wiped the wet rims of her eyes as he gave Queen Mother a sad smile.

Queen Mother saw the look that Alex gave him, which seemed to have prompted her to give him an explanation.

"I just peacefully broke up with her." Queen Mother said to Alex as she patted her ex-lover's shoulder. "With the nature of our abilities, for us to break up here will be better for everyone. For her to be with her peers is better than her spending the whole day thinking about where I could have been."

"…."

Needless to say, Queen Mother's reasoning was actually quite right.

Since Alex can't just take Lauren with him as a Companion(Not Enough Lifespan), there is no way the Queen Mother can continue staying with her.

So, for them to actually separate now will be good for the both of them.

"Are you really fine now?" Alex asked as he regretted asking a sensitive question like this. "Don't you feel… somewhat sad?"

"Don't sweat this out, Alex." Queen Mother replied as Lauren started to approach her father. "I and Lauren have handled this properly, and I am coping with it quite well."

That somewhat ridiculous sentence of hers was quickly supported by a reply from her former lover.

"Hmph, just talk to me once you 3 goes back!" Lauren replied with a shake of her head. "If you don't do that, hmph, I will make sure you will all regret that!"

"Hai, hai. I will do that." Queen Mother said as she put herself behind Alex and Alina. "But for now, you have to make do with my absences…"

"Hmph, I am not some kind of a clingy person. I can endure your disappearance" Lauren said as she let out a sigh. "Just make sure that you will still come back…"

"Noted." Alex muttered as he gave a nod to Alina.

"Wooosh~"

After Alina got Alex's confirmation, she started activating her power on the Legacy of Tartaros.

A second passed by, and the massive set-up disappeared entirely, with Alina storing the set-up in one of her Storages.

"OK, it's time to say goodbye then." Alex said, knowing that with them getting the set-up, they will be bound to leave now.

He looked back at The Pantheon Members, at Lauren, and at Andrew Collins.

"…" Even if Alex tried to deny it, he was obviously having fun talking and mingling with the people here in the Superhuman World.

But all good things must come to an end, and that end has come now.

"Hey! How about our powers! You still haven't retur-" Midens' maddened question was cut-off as two balls appeared right on Alex's place.

These two balls were made up of flesh, with each of one of them containing unknown power inside them.

Just one look at it, and Miden's and Nomad's eyes glowed with hope, as they knew that these balls contained their stolen power!

Both of these heroes looked up as they wanted to give a begrudging thanks to Alex, but they were unable to do that.

After all, there was no Alex, Alina, and even Queen Mother in front of them.

Any traces of them being in here was gone, and the only thing that was left in their disappearance were the two flesh balls which Alex obviously left.

"Now, they've gone on to carve a new chapter in their lives…" Foresight muttered to herself in the background. "I hope the future that they will make will be a glorious one…"

"…" Nobody had any kind of reply for what Foresight said, creating a solemn atmosphere in the room.

That solemn atmosphere however was quickly broken by someone's irate shout.

"Glorious one my ass. If I see them one more time, I will make sure that I will beat them up quickly!"

[Main Mission Accomplished]

[Bonus Mission Not Accomplished]

[Acquired: Quantum Level World Simulation]

[Grade: A]

-----------------------END OF VOLUME 3 ------------------------

Epilogue later! Oh, and I already have an idea for Volume 4... I hope it will be good...

2