Volume 3 Epilogue
222 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yay! More more more!" A young girl shouted out jubilantly, with her loud voice echoing across the room.

"Yay, make this faster!" Her face was filled with joy as her body zipped inside the room, with her body looking like a blur as she speedily moved everywhere.

To anyone hearing these sentences, they will likely think that the young girl has the ability to move quickly.

But no, the girl herself was not moving that fast.

"Chicky! Maximum speed!"

Below the girl's body was a giant chick, who was doing the heavy burden on carrying the young girl.

"Whee!!!" The young girl continued shouting out as the giant chick that she was riding did not stop on moving at all.

"Sigh..." While this young girl was having the fun of her life, a much older woman was observing her and the giant chick that she was riding.

"Laura, she really is a lively one." The older woman, who turned out to be Lauren, muttered to herself as she observed her sister Laura having her 'fun' with the giant chick.

"Tsk, if it were not for Queen Mother's request, I will never take this giant chick with me…" Lauren thought to herself crossly as she shook her head. "F**king bird, always disrupting my every day life!"

Actually, after the Travelers all disappeared, the giant chick should have been under the care of the Pantheon, since they were the only ones powerful enough to take control of it.

But at that time, it was quite obvious to Lauren what the Pantheon will do to the giant chick.

They were obviously itching to kill it.

With everything that the Pantheon experienced against the Travelers, even though what happened were all needed to save the world, it was quite obvious that they were extremely unhappy with them.

But with the Travelers gone, and with them promising to not touch Andrew Collins and his family, they had no way to vent their rage.

Well, except for the giant chick.

But to Lauren's irritation, the giant chick seems to have detected the killing intent placed on it, so it did the one thing that Lauren was still angry up to this day.

That f**king bird immediately hid behind Lauren's back, as if it was saying that Lauren was now its backer.

With the deterrence of Andrew Collins, the Pantheon were left with no choice but to let the giant chick live for now.

And that resulted with Duplicator living here in Lauren's home.

"Tsk, those Travelers pulled a fast one on me! I'm sure they just left this bird to me! Ugh, those pricks!" For the nth time, Lauren cursed her former teammates. "Hmph, once I see them again…"

As she said these words, Lauren's aggressive expression disappeared as her face began to look melancholic.

Her eyes started to tremble as she let out a sigh.

"It's been 30 days since they left…" Lauren thought to herself sadly as she once again reminisced about her time with the Travelers. "I only stayed with them for some days, yet I still feel this sad now that they are gone…"

Sure, Lauren's time with them might have been short, but Lauren had a lot of fun and experiences with them.

Every fight and action that she experienced with the Pantheon were things that Lauren cherished, and she will never forget each one of them.

And of course, most of that 'fun' came from Queen Mother herself.

"…" Even if Queen Mother was not here anymore, Lauren could not help but blush, remembering all the daring things that she did with Queen Mother.

"Ugh, am I really that naughty?" Lauren muttered to herself shyly, as she remembered a particularly steamy night where she and Queen Mother 'experimented' with a lot of things…

"No, Bad Lauren, don't think of that right now!" Lauren muttered as she shook her head, remembering that she was supposed to relax now.

"Hmph, why should I get sentimental about Alex, Alina, and Queen Mother? They promised to come back, so I will just greet them once they go back!" Lauren muttered to herself as she left the room, leaving her sister and Duplicator playing together.

Her footsteps creaked across the floor as she slowly approached a room.

She stopped right in front of the door, raising her hand as she hesitantly looked at it.

In the end, Lauren let out a deep breath as she knocked on the door 3 times.

"Knock, knock, knock."

The door went wide open, with the head of an adult male peeking out of the opened door.

"Lauren! D0 you want to say something to me?" The owner of the head, who turned out to be Andrew Collins, hesitantly said as he stared at Lauren. "Or do you need my help with something?"

"…" Lauren bit her teeth, as she tried to not lash out to her father now.

Sure, she already knew why her father had to leave her and her sister, but that does not still wipe away the rage inside her.

But she had already learned to understand her father's plight, so she decided to stop herself from snapping or shouting to him every time.

It was extremely hard to do this, but Lauren knew that she will learn to fully forgive her father.

But for now, she still had to control herself.

"I need some help with my computer homework. You know, since I decided to continue studying..." Lauren nonchalantly said as she entered her father's room. "I'm not really good with computers, so I need your help with it."

"Oh, is that all that you need? Lauren, don't worry! I can fully help you out with that!" Her father proudly replied as he thumped his chest. "Just give me the computer problems, and I will all solve it!"

"...Thanks, but that's not the only reason that I am here." Lauren said as she sat down on the only chair in the room. The chair was slightly rickety, but it was able to support her weight.

Lauren then crossed her legs as she looked at her father intently.

She then tilted her head as she slowly said,

"Father, with all that happened for the last month, I... actually got my costume broken. So, well, um… I need your help to make a new one."

Lauren expected her father to say no to this, since he was obviously still wary of heroes, especially the Pantheon.

But to her surprise, she saw her father giving her a nod.

It may be a nod, but that's all that Lauren needed right now.

"Great! Maybe we can start this now? I wanted to do some patrolling tomorrow…" Lauren said as she looked at her father expectantly.

"Anytime, Lauren. Anytime." Her father replied as he left the room, with his eyes beckoning Lauren to follow him. "Come, let's do this now!"

"Ok!" Lauren excitedly replied as she left the room with her father.

"Wheee!!"

"Chirp! Chirp! Chirp!"

At a distance, Lauren could hear her sister's excited squeals combined with Duplicator's irritating chirps.

After hearing these sounds, Lauren could not help but smile genuinely this time, knowing that her incoming days will be full of adventures and happiness.

If this was the future that was carved out for her, then she will accept it whole-heartedly.

"This day is nice, isn't it?" Lauren muttered to no one in particular.

Volume 4 Prologue will come later!

2