[Chapter 187] It’s time to D-d-d-d-d-d-
202 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That guy… he's here to bother us again!" While Alex was feeling pissed at the spear that interrupted his dinner, he suddenly heard Eris muttering these words beside him.

"You know who made this attack?" Alex asked Eris as he placed his body in front of Anya.

"Yes, and he's someone that I hate more than you." Eris said, as if what she said was a complement to Alex. "Grrr… you never know how much I wanted to just smash this guy's head in!"

"Um, ok. I would like to ask you more about the person who attacked us, but I think it's not the right time for that." Alex replied as his danger sense informed him that more attacks were about to come at their place. "From what I can see, that guy is about to attack this place again."

"Tsk, what a creep. He deserves to be beaten up by me!" Eris shouted out as she leapt forward, towards the hole made by the spear earlier.

"Miss Anya, let me deal with this guy!" Eris said as her body began to glow white. "I need to teach this person a lesson again. It seems like he has forgotten what I did to him before!"

"Have fun Eris." Anya said as she gave her butler a smile. "I know you're enjoying this too."

"It's not like that Miss Anya!" Eris replied with a flustered expression on her face. "He just deserves to be beaten up!"

"Well, if that's what you say…"

"Argh!!!"

Even though Eris looked like she was about to get sick from what Anya said, the white glow covering her body did not falter at all.

Instead, this glow became brighter until Alex saw something interesting happening above Eris' head.

Just above Eris' head, Alex saw the sudden appearance of 40 glowing balls of light.

These balls of light were all glowing brightly, reminding Alex of the stars that he usually see in the sky.

As Alex observed these balls, his eyes suddenly narrowed as he saw these 40 glowing balls of light rearranging themselves to form a certain pattern.

Alex, even with his slight knowledge on shapes, was not able to fully understand the pattern made by these glowing balls.

However, the way that these light balls arranged themselves reminded Alex of one thing.

"That pattern looks like a constellation!" Alex muttered to himself.

"Those 40 glowing balls of light are the stars, while the pattern that they made was the constellation!"

As Alex reached this conclusion in his mind, the butler Eris started to speak, with her domineering voice sounding much more deeper than before.

"Celestial Constellation Art: Shield of Titan!"

After saying these words, the constellation above Eris' head changed, with it materializing into a shield which was large enough to cover Eris' body.

"Hah!" Once this shield has appeared, Eris grabbed it with her bare hands, swinging it in front of herself to block three more approaching spears.

"Ding ding ding!"

Even though the spears looked like they could pierce through anything, Eris' shield deflected the spears easily, as if she was just swatting a fly.

"…" Alex, who saw all that happened, had an excited smile on his face as he realized what had just happened.

"So, that is a Celestial Constellation Art." Alex muttered to himself as he began to look at Eris with more interest. "Now I can see why Celestials are one of the Three Factions. Seeing that art in person is much better compared to just knowing it from some stolen memories…"

From the memories that Alex got from his kidnapped Symbolist, Alex already had an idea on how the power of the Celestials work.

From the information that he had, every Celestial will have to absorb Stellar Essence(Essence of the Stars) into their bodies in order to strengthen themselves.

At the basic levels, Stellar Essence will provide a Celestial with a malleable type of energy that they can use to nourish their bodies and enhance their minds.

However, that is the basic use of Stellar Essence.

Stellar Essence are used by the Celestials for a more important matter.

And that is for the creation of Star Points!

These Star Points, which can be found inside the body of the Celestials, are what powers the powerful abilities of the Celestials!

*********

When a Celestial was born, his/her body will be devoid of any Star Point.

In order to create Star Points, a Celestial must first absorb a set amount of Stellar Essence.

Once the absorbed Stellar Essence has reached the desired level, that Celestial can then converge this absorbed Stellar Essence to create a Star Point.

Basically speaking, this created Star Point can be considered as a 'star' inside a Celestial's body.

Obviously, a Star Point cannot be compared to an actual star, but since a Star Point was made up from Stellar Essence, one can consider a Star Point to be a miniature version of a real star.

The amount of Star Points will increase as the amount of the Stellar Essence absorbed by the Celestials increases too.

This means that as time passes by, the amount of Star Points inside a Celestial's body could reach tens or even hundreds in total!

For the Celestials, the more Star Points there are inside their body, the better it is for them!

Now, why would the amount of Star Points matter anyway?

The amount of Star Points is a big deal for any Celestial, as Star Points are a vital component of the Celestial Constellation Arts.

Celestial Constellation Arts are a unique ability that only Celestials can use.

Just like what its name says, Celestial Constellation Arts require the power of constellations to manifest an object or an ability that a Celestial can use.

Only through the existence of constellations that a Celestial Constellation Art can activate.

But where will the constellations come from?

This is where the Star Points will be important.

Basically speaking, a Celestial can use his/her Star Points to create a constellation!

A Celestial only has to bring out a certain amount of Star Points from his body, and use these Star Points to create a constellation!

Since Star Points are just miniature stars, the constellations created from them can be considered to be a real constellation!

Once the desired constellation has been made using the Star Points, its corresponding Celestial Constellation Art will activate!

Countless Celestial Constellation Arts will require unique patterns and varying amounts of Star Points to work, which in turn creates diversity among the abilities that a Celestial can use!

From seeing this requirement, is was already quite obvious to see the importance of the Star Points to the Celestials.

The more Star Points a Celestial has, the more Celestial Constellation Arts he/she can activate, since more Star Points will mean more constellation patterns!

All in all, this information confirmed a basic comparison between the Symbolists and the Celestials.

If a Symbolist aims to create a systemic language to manifest their powers, a Celestial aims to obtain pieces of the stars to manifest their abilities!

When Alex saw all of these info for the first time, he could not help but feel envious of the Celestials, as their powers seems to be just as cheating as the powers that the Symbolists has.

That envy just increased when Alex saw Eris activating her Celestial Constellation Art.

"So, that butler has to use 40 Star Points in order to activate Titan Shield… In terms of durability, I can see that its toughness was high." Alex muttered to himself as he saw Eris activating another Celestial Constellation Art.

This time, 50 Star Points appeared, creating another unfamiliar pattern.

As the constellation was created, Eris once more uttered the name of the art that she was going to use.

"Celestial Constellation Art: Descent of the Sky Dragon!

"Skwa!!!" Alex felt his whole body being pushed back as a freaking white dragon suddenly materialized above Eris.

There's no doubt to Alex that this white dragon was the result of the Celestial Constellation Art that Eris just used.

"Go. Capture all of them for me." Eris muttered to the white dragon as she pointed towards the outside of Alex's place. "Make sure to break their bones too! Make them feel pain, but don't kill them!"

"Skwa!" The white dragon, who seemed to let out a sound of agreement, started to fly out of the hole in the wall, with its elongated body swaying gracefully in the air.

Seconds later, and Alex heard the unmistakable shouts of surprise outside his house, which was accompanied by the roars of the white dragon.

"Hmph, so Mister Sigmund, what do you think about that?" As her white dragon continued its rampage, Eris turned to Alex as she placed her hands on her hips. "Now, do you still think that Symbolists are better than Celestials?"

"According to what I know, Symbolists are better than Celestials in terms of versatility and sheer power of their abilities. Celestials on the other hand are much faster in activating their abilities compared to the Symbolists, and some of the Celestial Constellation Arts are stronger than what the Symbolists have." Alex replied back confidently. "With this observation, I can safely assume that the Symbolists and the Celestials both have advantages and disadvantages with each other, which just means that finding the better Faction between the two is just plain impossible."

"Ugh… You really are a textbook Symbolist. You only rely on your research for your opinions. No wonder many of you became crazy at the end." Eris muttered as she shot a glare to Alex.

"Well, at least we're not like those old-fashioned people who still rely on an outdated system to segregate its residents." Alex shot back with a sneer on his face. "If that outdated system has been abolished already, then maybe the rebellions on their territories will not be as many as it is right now."

"You!"

"What? I'm not saying that it's the Celestials!" Alex hurriedly said as he looked at Eris. "Why are you overreacting like that? Don't tell me that what I said are all true? Oof, I'm sorry about that…"

By this point, Alex realized that he seemed to have said too much, as he saw Eris' face turning red from extreme anger.

"If you are so deadset on insulting me like this, then I shall stop you right now!" Eris declared as she pointed her fingers to Alex. "You and I, let's have a duel right now! If I win, you should kneel down and apologize to me, and you should never come back here again! But if you win, I shall accept your advances towards Miss Anya, and I will also apologize to you! Oh, and don't try to back out from here, because if you did, that just means that you are a spineless coward hiding behind your sissy robes!"

After seeing this outburst from Eris, all that Alex could say was just one word

"Ok."

d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel!

3