[Chapter 198] Alchemist’s Tale Part 2
200 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yeah right…” Alex mumbled to himself inwardly as he observed Professor Frances’ emotions.

She’s currently doused in rage, with some side-heapings of condescension and tiredness.

 

Whoever are the Travelers that appeared in Professor Frances’ world, they surely did a lot of things that made the Professor so pissed off.

 

“Those three Traveler Teams… they started to gather everyone under my rule, and then they all started to fight against me!” The professor said as she let out an irritated huff. “Those damnable bastards!”

“So, I take it that you were defeated at that time?”

 

“Defeated? Of course not.” Professor Frances quickly replied as she shook her head. “It definitely cost me a lot, but in the end I was able to defeat all the rebels, including all those in the Traveler Teams!”

“You’re kidding right?” That was all that Alex could say as he stared at the smug-looking professor. “You managed to defeat 3 Traveler Teams at once? That’s just ridiculous!”

“Let me finish my story first.” The professor snapped as she glared at Alex. “Once you let me finish, you will understand how I was able to win.”

 

“Ok…”

“So, after I defeated all those Traveler Teams, I immediately used the little resources that I have left to inspect the insides of their brains. By using some kind of biokinetic electro reader, I was able to read the electrical signals inside their brains, and that allowed me to know things like Travelers and the Endless Monarch himself.” The professor said, this time with a hint of smugness in her voice. “Hmph, those brats really enjoyed my electric treatment on them! Sigh… I want to do that again someday…”

“…You know, what you just said sounds flat obscene.” Needless to say, Alex found it hard to believe that there was some kind of device out there that can see the contents of your mind just by looking at the electrical signals at your brain.

But even if he found what he heard to be ridiculous, he did not interrupt the professor from talking.

 

“Once I used that apparatus of mine to read their brains, it was there that I realized that their Main Mission was to free my world from my rule.” Professor Frances said as her rage started to subside .”I also found out that my world was just their 2nd world to visit. Since my world was one of the early worlds that they visited, their power is not yet at that high level, so I was able to defeat them.”

 

“…”

“Of course I had to pay a large price to defeat those Travelers.” The professor said as her anger returned again. “All my millions of foot soldiers died, and out of my 100 Divine Generals, only 3 were left. Do you still remember the companions that I had in the Superhero World? Those 3 were the Divine Generals that I am talking about earlier.”

 

“…”

 

“As for my body, it was destroyed 3 times during my fight with the 3 Traveler Teams, and I was left with no choice but to create weak but easy to produce bodies so that I can just continue on fighting.” The professor said as she started pinching her elbows. ”So in summary, once I defeated all the Travelers, what I was left with were 3 Divine Generals and an extremely weak body for me.”

“…”

 

After saying these words, the professor took a deep breath as the look in her eyes changed.

If before, she was just a nasty hothead, right now, the professor looked like a syndicate leader ready to commit a crime.

 “As it turns out, one of the Travelers that I killed was someone that the Endless Monarch himself personally appointed. For me to kill and violate the brain of that dead Traveler must have been extremely grating for the Endless Monarch.” Professor Frances said as she let out an angered sigh. “So, just a day after I finished my killing spree, I was suddenly abducted by a person that was much powerful than me. Once I was in his clutches, that person told me that because of what I did with an important Traveler, the Endless Monarch was greatly enraged, so he sent someone to punish me.”

“…”

“After saying those words, that person suddenly used some kind of ability on me, and the next thing that I knew, I became a Traveler too.” The professor then stared ruefully at Alex and Alina as she shook her head.  “The rest that happened after that were the things that you already have seen….”

 

“…”

 

“So, that is the story of how I wound up here. With my weak body, I was not able to keep myself alive, so I have to resort to schemes just to bring myself up to this state…” Professor Frances calmly said as she leaned back on her chair. ”Oh I like this chair, its structural integrity is off the charts…”

“Yeah, that chair is good.” Alex said, as he could only blink his eyes slowly as he digested what the professor just said to him.

“Okay, I can somehow understand why you said that being a Traveler is a death sentence for you. “Alex muttered to Professor Frances in a low voice. “Yep, I can understand it now with no doubts.”

 

“Oh, and its only now that you really believe me? My, my, young man, you should always learn to trust your elders more…” Professor Frances said in an amused tone as she tilted her head. “Don’t tell me you treat everyone you meet like this, even when you have a lie detector with you?”

“…” Alex did not reply to that as he thought about the experience that the professor had.

Just by listening at what the professor said, it was quite obvious that she had somewhat offended the Endless Monarch when she killed and brain-mushed someone important among the Travelers.

 

With Professor Frances having an extremely weakened body and 3 Divine Generals left after the fight, her chances of dying as a new Traveler will be quite high.

And that is exactly what happened with the professor, with her weakened form being defeated by Alex.

But with the help of her knowledge in Bio-Sculpting and Alchemy, the professor was able to hatch a plan to bring her back to life, which Alex had performed perfectly.

“Hmph, now that that I have a stronger body, I can make better chemical weapons, and if I have better resources, I can even create battle homunculi for us!” Professor Frances said as she started to trail off, as if she was already losing interest in the important conversation that she was having earlier.

 

“Tsk, we’re not done here yet, professor.” Alex said as he stared defiantly at the professor’s eyes.

Even with the explanation that the professor just gave, Alex still had a multitude of questions to ask on her.

However, Alex knew that he can only ask these questions later, as he could see and feel that Professor Frances was not interested on talking more about her past at this point.

Because of that, Alex can only settle on asking her later night.

“I still had to brief you about this world.” Alex said as he started tapping his chair impatiently. “Since you are technically one of my allies now, you must know everything that transpired in this world.

 

Alex did not wait for Professor Frances to give her reply as he started talking.

 

***********

30 minutes later.

“I must say, your experience in this world is quite colorful already.” Professor Frances commented as she cupped her chin. “Three different power systems, and a fourth one that has also appeared too? My, my, this world will be soon plunged in chaos…”

“Heh, with my skills, Alina’s flexibility, and Queen Mother’s toughness, those things will not be of an issue to us.” Alex replied as he rubbed the bottom of his chin. “Of course, with your help here, I’m sure our stay in this world will be a worthwhile one.”

 

“Praising me means that you want me to do something for you right now.” The professor said as she accepted Alex’s praise with a straight face. “Hmph, since I’m a loyal follower of Queen Mother now, I have no choice but to help you out.”

“Good thing you realized what I am doing.” Alex replied with a sarcastic expression on his face. “I thought you would not notice it…”

 

“Tsk, stop dilly-dallying here, and just tell me what you want.” The professor said as she tightened the towel wrap around her body. “Your flowers words is creeping me out now.”

After hearing these words from the professor, Alex let out a triumphant smile, as if he just got something that he had desperately wanted.

“Well, as you can see, I do not know what I should do with all the Symbolists and Celestials that I captured.” Alex said as he tilted his head. “Of course I can just kill them, but as of now, they could still be of some use to me. It will be just a waste if I kill them now!”

Alex then gave the professor a lopsided smile as he continued talking.

“Now, my dilemma is on how I can keep them alive while still keeping them useful to me. And that, professor, is where you come in. Professor Frances, what I want you to do was to help me in this matter.”

“…”

This is one of the worries that Alex had in this world.

He still had no concrete idea on what to do with every one that he captured, so he thought that maybe Professor Frances, who probably already had experiences on kidnapping people, could have an idea on how to deal with Alex’s captures.

“…You’re lucky that you asked the right person.” The professor replied as she suddenly looked at Queen Mother. “I already have  a good solution for you problem, but you must give me and Queen Mother 2 hours of time before we can give you the solution that you are looking for.”

 

“Well, as long as you do your job well, then I won’t complain.” Alex replied complacently let out a comfortable sigh. “You said that you need 2 hours? Well then, I guess all I can do is to just wait for you to get finished!”

Alex then ignored the fed-up expressions on his Companions’ faces as he closed his eyes in comfort.

2 hours is enough for a good nap, and Alex will obviously take advantage of that.

2