[Chapter 211] See no Evil, Hear no Evil, Smell no Evil
250 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the golden palm descended towards him, Alex could not help but think of what the Grand Symbolist just said earlier.

"Me and my companions has the same aura as the monsters that came out from the Calamities? Is he sure about that?"

Alex could not help but doubt this, as even Alex could not sense any kind of similarity with the goblins that Alina just killed earlier.

All that Alex could feel from those goblins earlier were disgust and nothing else.

Alex was similar to those monsters? There's no way that Alex can believe that.

"Tsk, why am I even thinking about this? I should be focusing on surviving now!" Alex thought to himself as he saw that the golden palm had no signs of slowing down.

"This muscular old man… he's really serious on killing us…" Alex thought to himself grimly as he let out a sigh. "Since that was the case, then there's no need for me to disguise anymore!"

"Schwa…" At the instant that Alex made this decision, he dispelled his disguise, bringing his appearance back to his real one.

"F**k off from here!" Alex shouted as he gathered around a billion of gravity waves above him, and then sending them all to intercept the golden palm.

"Buong…." The golden palm visibly slowed under the onslaught of the gravity waves, but even that was not enough to stop if from moving.

Hundreds of thousands of symbols started to appear all around the golden palm, with each of these symbols glowing brightly.

Under the effect of these symbols, the golden palm continued on descending towards Alex and co.

"Ha!" Alex, who looked visibly strained with the burden of manipulating billions of gravity waves, let out a loud shout as he sent countless lightning strikes towards the golden palm.

"Boom boom boom!" Holes appeared at the area where the lightning hit the golden palm, however, the rate that these holes appeared weere too slow compared to the movement speed of the golden palm.

"So this palm can be affected by electric attacks?" Alex thought as he started to lick his lips. "If that really is the case, then come and taste this!"

Without any further delays, Alex summoned Envy and he immediately used her power for his next move.

With Envy's Combination spell and Alex's EM Manipulation, he recreated the Railgun that he had used against Professor Frances at the Superhero World.

It only took him a few seconds to recreate the Railgun, and once it had appeared, he immediately used it against the golden palm.

"Boom!" This time around, Alex saw a large hole forming on the golden palm, which showed that Alex's Railgun was effective against it.

"Ha! Take more of this!" Alex then started a barrage of Railgun blasts that were all concentrated at the descending golden palm.

"Ha!" Alex continued doing this for another ten seconds, and it was only when he felt no more resistance on his gravity waves that he stopped using the Railgun.

"…" After waiting for a few seconds, Alex looked up above, as he tried to see what had happened to the golden palm.

"Shua~" To his relief, Alex saw that there was no golden palm above him, and all that was left were some floating miscellaneous symbols in the air.

Looking at what had happened, Alex almost smiled as he realized that he managed to do something great.

All in all, Alex had succeeded on obliterating an attack from the Grand Symbolist, although Alex had to spend some effort to do so.

But before Alex could start gloating about this, the Grand Celestial let out a snort as he said,

"You are happy with you dispelling a simple attack of mine? Let's see if you can do the same thing once I give you a real serious attack!"

"What?" Alex could not help but shout as he could hardly believe what he just heard from the Grand Symbolist.

That golden palm was actually just a simple attack?

Alex had to spend a large amount of his Mental Power just to block that!

If a simple attack was this difficult to stop, then what would happen once the Grand Symbolist unleashes his serious attack?

No matter what his next attack will be, it will surely not be good!

"With that probing attack of mine, I already have seen your capability." The Grand Symbolist said as he cricked his neck. "From what I can see, at your best, you can reach the power level around Ancient Type or even Immortal Type… For a person as young as you, that kind of power is already impressive… However, that makes me more interested on killing you!"

"Hong~" This time around, the Grand Symbolist clenched both of his fists, with his body covered with more and more symbols.

From the way that these symbols appeared, it was as if the Grand Symbolist did not have to write them for them to appear.

It was as if he personally willed these symbols to appear around him.

"Alina, I think we should run away now." Alex muttered to Alina as he looked above him warily.

This time around, the danger that Alex felt from the Grand Symbolist was too much that even he was too afraid to stay here!

Alex had the feeling that if he lets himself get attacked by the Grand Symbolist now, he will be dead meat for sure!

After hearing what Alex just said, Alina only gave him a nod back, as even she can also feel that the Grand Symbolist's next attack will be extremely dangerous.

But before anyone of them could make their moves, there was a sudden interruption that changed their next moves.

"Dad, what are you doing here?"

Out of nowhere, a melodious female voice pierced through tense air, effectively catching the attention of both Alex and the Grand Symbolist.

With his advanced senses, Alex could perfectly see the appearance of the one who just spoke up.

The owner of the melodious voice was a young female, around 15 years old.

She had short blond hair that reached her shoulders, and she had a gentle face that screams of innocence and pureness.

She's wearing a long white toga that hid the curves of her body, which was paired with wooden slippers on her foot.

This young woman was currently seating on what looked like a wheelchair, indicating that she had some kind of disability that prevents her from walking properly.

"Astria, you should be back at your room." The Grand Symbolist said as he looked at the wheelchair-bound woman. "Daddy is busy with something here."

"Dad, are you talking about those guys?" Astria replied as she looked at Alex's direction. "Why do you want to kill them?"

"It's because they are the same as those monsters from the Calamities!" The Grand Symbolist patiently replied to Astria. "I need to kill them now, or else, they will just make many suffer more!"

"Dad, if they really are bad as what you say, then why do I not smell their intent to kill us?" Astria replied as she tilted her head in confusion.

"You… don't smell anything bad from them?"

"No dad, I don't." Astria replied as she nodded her head quickly. "They don't smell like rotten eggs, so that means that they don't plan to kill us. They also don't smell like sweaty armpits, so that means that they do not plan to torment us!"

"Astria, you should not be joking about things like that." The Grand Symbolist said as he looked visibly shaken with what Astria said. "Are you sure about that?"

"Dad, I'm sure!" Astria said as she nodded her head once more. "When did I even lie to you?"

"But…"

"I can smell cinnamon from them." Astria said as she began to take control of the conversation. "That means that they are sincere on allying with us. I can also smell pancakes from them, which means that they are trustworthy allies…"

"But…"

"Dad! They are not bad people!" Astria shouted as she began to wobble on her wheelchair. "They are here to help us! Since that is the case, then we should welcome them!"

"But…"

"Dad, no buts." Astria said as she pouted. "You goofed up big time now, so please let them in."

"…"

"…"

After a few seconds of Astria staring at her father with a determined expression on her face, the Grand Symbolist seemed to have been left with no choice but to relent.

"Fine, I will let them live. For now." The Grand Symbolist replied as he unclenched his fists.

"…" At the instant that he did this, the pressure that had been plaguing Alex earlier had disappeared, leaving him almost breathless and light-headed.

"You heard what my daughter said. You are welcome to this place now." The Grand Symbolist said as he started stroking Astria's hair. "Just behave yourselves, or I will continue what I started earlier!"

"Ah.. um… yeah… right… yeah… we will take that in mind…" Alex mumbled in reply as he felt extremely confused with the way that the confrontation had went.

Alex was already prepared to run away, but before they could escape, a girl comes in who basically stops the Grand Symbolist from attacking them.

At one look, this girl may seem decrepit, but when she started conversing with her father, the Grand Symbolist, Alex realized that she was not just a simple girl!

This Astria girl, who seemed to be suffering some kind of disability, can somehow use her nose to smell abstract concepts? Now that's just as hax as Alina's eyes!

What made her more ludicrous was the way that she easily made her father follow her decisions! That in itself was already scary!

"Hehehe…" Astria, who saw the confundment on Alex's face, started to giggle as she seemed to find his reaction funny.

"Since my father did his best to make you suffer, then the best that I can do is to make you feel welcome." Astria said as she gave Alex and Nero a gentle smile. "As a way of me apologizing to all of you, please come in and join me on my afternoon tea! I will be happy if you all go there!"

"We will go! Definitely!" Nero enthusiastically replied before Alex could give his answer. "There's nothing better than that!"

"…"

"…"

"…"

"This guy's hopeless…" Alex thought to himself as he saw the lovestruck expression on Nero's face. "Just because his crush invited us for an afternoon tea, he basically agreed? Didn't he forget that his own master tried to kill us earlier? Tsk, tsk, tsk, what a horny guy…"

2