[Chapter 81] The Unwanted Meeting
340 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

1 week later.

“How the hell did that b**ch manage to get General Chimera’s attention?” Ted muttered to himself as he trudged across the forest. “Seriously, did that b**ch use a potion or something?”

 

Today was the day that Ted was supposed to meet up with Carlie and get her first monthly report about the Visitor Monsters.

But before Ted could set out, General Chimera met up with him first, giving Ted an instruction that made him confused.

The instruction was just fairly simple.

[Bring back Carlie from the mission, and let her meet me.]

These are the exact words that General Chimera said, and from the way that he said it, he will not accept any failures from Ted.

 

Just the way that General Chimera’s hulking and horribly mutated looked like earlier made Ted serious on his instruction.

“General Chimera really is one scary SOB.” Ted muttered to himself, as he shivered on his recollection of the General’s appearance.

This recollection also made him feel slightly pissed off.

“Seriously, why does many female Monsters think that General Chimera is cute?” Ted mused to himself as he shook his flaming head wryly. “He looks unaesthetic AF!”

 

Ted obviously would not say these words out loud, but with him currently far away from General Chimera, he knew that he can think all the bad things that he wanted about him here.

“Wait, why am I even criticizing about Genera Chimera? I have something more important to do!” Ted chided himself as he sped up. “I still have to meet up with that b**ch...”

This thought alone made Ted scrunch up his face more, as if he did not like what he was doing a single bit.

“Seriously, why don’t she just die…”

 

Ted was not sure why, but from the first time that he saw Carlie, he immediately disliked her.

Maybe its because she was a Shadow Monster, or it could be the fact that her personality did not really mesh that well with his.

 

But no matter what the reason was, Ted still was sure that he did not like Carlie at all.

This dislike was so great that Ted sometimes beats Carlie up just to vent his rage.

Because of the superiority of his power over hers, Carlie usually was unable to fight back, something which just excites Ted more.

It made him feel good, seeing someone that he hated not fighting back against him.

 

Of course the number of times that he beat Carlie up is rare, since she was under the protection of another General.

Ted was under General Chimera, while Carlie was under General Nyx.

If Ted beats up Carlie too much, her General might take action on this. So Ted usually beats Carlie up only when the time is right.

“Hmm… speaking of beating her up, should I beat her up later?” Ted muttered to himself as he looked at the flames on his hands. “It’s been 2 years already since I last beat her up…”

 

Ted visibly shivered in pleasure as he panted, slowly imagining the pained expression on Carlie’s face as he slowly coats her with his flames.

“Ah~ Now I want to meet her already!” Ted shouted at as he felt himself nearing Carlie’s location.

But when he was around 5 kilometers away from Carlie, he stopped as he suddenly sensed multiple presences arriving approximately around his location.

 

“What the hell?” Ted closed his mouth as he tried to sense who these newcomers are.

His jaw dropped however when he felt their power levels.

“Ho-ho-how could they be here!” Ted thought with panic as he took a step back. “This… this should not be happening!”

What Ted felt were 5 presences rushing approximately towards Carlie’s location, and from the power levels that he can sense, all of them were bad news.

 

“How could 5 Divine Knights just appear in this place!” Ted thought to himself, paling considerably at what he found out. “This… this is really bad!”

 

Because of the speed of the new arrivals, Ted was able to see their appearances after just a second.

Out of the 5 Divine Knights, only three had their appearances shown. The other two wore cloaks that hid their face and their bodies.

But even with that disguise, Ted was sure that the other two robed people were Divine Knights too.

 

“…” Ted looked at the other 3 Divine Knights, whose appearance he can see.

 

 

 

Ted looked at the Divine Knight wearing a golden armor, who was also wielding a gigantic hammer.

Ted does not need to refresh his memories to know who this guy was.

 

“The number one Monster Exterminator of the Human Faction. The Golden Devil. Divine Knight Sylvester Glaivewood.” If Ted could pee himself now, then he could have done so already.

 

Standing at the left of this Divine Knight was a plain-looking man. The only prominent thing in this man was the lance that dangled freely from his left hand.

But even though the man looked like this, Ted still knew that he should avoid this man too at all costs.

This Knight is Divine Knight Barrios, who was labelled by his kin as the ‘Idiot Knight’.

“According from what I heard, Divine Knight Barrios was strong enough to escape from all the Generals chasing him…” Ted thought to himself as he saw the Divine Knight waving his lance lazily. “As for why he was called an Idiot Knight… it was because he left his subordinates when he escaped...”

 

Ted knew that if he were in the shoes of Divine Knight Barrios, he would also have done the same thing. too

However, Divine Knight Barrio is a Divine Knight, and one of his responsibilities was to keep many Knights alive.

His abandonment of his subordinates is the very epitome of not following obligations.

 

But since he was still a Divine Knight, Divine Knight Barrios was able to escape punishment. His reputation however took a massive hit.

 

“…..” After thinking of these, Ted’s eyes focused on the last uncloaked Divine Knight, and his eyes could not help but pop out in pleasure, even though he was currently in danger.

“Dang…” Ted muttered as his eyes roved all over the Red-Haired Knight’s body. “I may be a Monster, but even I want to get a taste of that b**ty!”

The red-haired knight, also known as the Divine Knight BloodMoon, was considered to be one of the Top 3 Beauties in this World.

 

 

Her beauty alone was enough to incite chaos wherever she goes.

 

Not that Ted cared about it. He can stare at her face and rocking body all day, and he will not get tired of it.

“Wait… why am I thinking of this? I should be trying to escape now!” As if a spell was broken on him, Ted shook his head quickly as he turned around, ready to start his hasty retreat.

“I will just tell General Chimera that the appearance of 5 Divine Knights here impeded me from fetching Carlie…” Ted muttered to himself as he started to treat Carlie as a dead Monster already.

 

“Surely, General Chimera will understand me, since there is no way that I can just get near 5 Divine Knights to get Carlie out.” Ted thought to himself, as if he was convincing himself that this is what should happen.

 

“Ok, time for me to go no-“ But before Ted could even blast away, he suddenly felt a powerful suction force latching on him from behind.

 

“No!!!” Even without looking back, Ted perfectly knew where this suction force came from.

 

But just to make sure, Ted looked back, and what he saw just confirmed his worst fears.

 

He saw Divine Knight BloodMoon holding a red gourd, with its open end facing at Ted’s direction.

Wooshing sounds could be heard as Ted saw dust, winds, twigs and small monsters being sucked towards the open hole in the red gourd.

Ted tried to flail his body around as he realized that he was about to get sucked in too.

 

“Ahh!!” But no matter what Ted did, he was unable to resist the suction force, as he was catapulted high into the air, right into the gaping hole of the red gourd.

“Ahh!!!” But before he was fully sucked in the red gourd, Ted felt a hand clamping on his neck, effectively halting his movement.

 

“!!!” Ted does not like anyone touching him without his permission, so he immediately attempted to burn the hand grasping him.

 

However, Ted did not smell any burnt flesh from what he did. Instead the feedback that Ted got was pain as the hand started to squeeze his neck tightly.

 

“Hra!!!” Ted croaked out as he tried his best to not get crushed to death.

He casted a pleading look to the hand’s owner, and his eyes landed upon the smiling visage of Divine Knight Barrios.

 

“Yo, do you even have manners or what?” The simple-looking Knight said as he gave Ted a friendly smile. He also added another extra squeeze, making Ted grunt in pain.

“Hra….”

The smile on the Divine Knight’s face suddenly vanished, as he loomed all over Ted with a nasty grin. “Try burning me again, and you will see that your whole body will be extinguished here.”

 

“Nod nod.” Ted nodded his head frantically, feeling slight relief as he realized that he was still alive.

 

This made Ted feel hope as he realized that maybe, these Divine Knights wanted something from him.

This theory of his was confirmed when the scary Divine Knight Glaivewood suddenly opened his mouth, saying,

 

“Depending on how you answer my question, you could leave alive. So, listen carefully.”

“Nod nod.” Ted nodded once more, this time with a hint of desperation and alertness.

“So…” Divine Knight Glaivewood’s mouth set itself in a thin line as he slowly said,

“Tell me what is your purpose on coming near this location. Don’t try to deny that you are not going to go in this place. I knew just from the way that you moved earlier that you are also going at the same place as ousr. So, if you want to stay alive, tell me exactly your purpose on coming here.”

 

 

“…….” Ted stayed silent as he realized that he must craft his answer well.

 

From the looks of it, whatever the Divine Knights wanted to do with Ted will only happen if Ted will give the right answer.

“But what is the right answer?” Ted thought grimly to himself as he looked at the scary Divine Knights that are all staring down on him.

Ted knew that he cannot just say that he was here to fetch Carlie. He was sure that this is the wrong answer.

As for what the correct answer was, it all depended on the goal of the Divine Knights here.

 

 

With this thought in his mind, Ted started to observe the Divine Knights in front of him.

They were all armored, and all of them seemed to have brought their weapons with them.

It was as if they were ready to fight…

 

“I see...” If Ted could grin then he could do it right now. The answer was so simple and so elegant.

“I am here… to fight against the Visitor Monsters.” Ted replied, carefully saying his words in a way that it will sound real. “General Chimera… was not happy with those two Visitor Monsters nearby. As for why he was not happy, he did not say it. He just said that he wanted them dead. So, here I am, ready to fight against them two.  But from the looks of it, all of you 5 are all ready to fight them…”

 

“Hmph, you are lucky that you gave the right answer!” Divine Knight Barrios replied unhappily as he released his hold on Ted.

Ted took this as his chance to stabilize his already shaken body.

“Since you are here to fight them, then you should accept the temporary truce that I will offer you.” Divine Knight Glaivewood said as he gave Ted a dismissive look. “If you choose to not accept it, then prepare to be terminated in ten seconds.”

“…”

“Ten.”

 

“I accept the truce!” Ted hastily said as he raised his hands in supplication. “I will happily cooperate with you all!”

“Good. Now let’s get moving.” Before Ted could let out a yelp, he was once more yanked away from his comfort zone by the scary Knights.

“F**k, what did I do to deserve such a bad luck like this?” Ted wailed to himself as he looked down in despair. “Can someone tell me?”

 

If Carlie was here, she surely had a lot of answers for that.

 

What a bastard.

7