Chapter 1: LOVING SISTER
1.1k 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I’m trying to pull out the chewing gum stuck in my hair. Those damn bastards. I would have used a different route to go home if I knew they were there.

Yuinji Akase, who is busy removing off something from his hair cursed at those guys who made prank at him a few moments ago. Ever since he entered first-year high school, he became troubled with the sudden increase of bullies over him. Now that he’s at second year, the bullying somewhat became a common occurrence everyday. It wasn’t because he's ugly, nor he was hated by everyone. There are only two eligible reasons for that.

First, is his meek appearance.  Of course, not all boys with a weak figure tends to be targeted, Akase just happened to be born with a frail body like a girl, enough to garner up attention pissing off someone in the process. 

Second, is because of his older sister. If anyone from their place would compare who's manlier from the siblings then that would be his sister. Kim Jun Soo, the same year as Akase is the instigator of the repeated coercion. Whether that guy's intention is flat to see or not, the onlookers won't give a damn care to the fact that he and his henchmen are the ones doing such acts as long as they won't get involved with those scary bunch.

There's also this baseless rumor spreading of Jun Soo's relationship with his sister. Akase is contemplating as to why that guy is channeling his wrath to him yet his sister seldom mention anything about it, which leaves Akase to his own device along with his continuous suffering.

There was a time where he finally snapped at the Korean blooded guy and told him to ‘grow up’. What happened? He came home miraculously without any scratches.

Kidding. Its was actually the opposite. Akase had been wanting to take revenge ever since that day. He isn't a coward in some sense, it's a shame that he can't defend himself physically in a fight so his best choice is to use his brain and talk his way out with a little act.  He wanted to scold his unreliable sister for her obliviousness in his situation, thinking that she somewhat contributed to Jun Soo's reason to beat him.

While Akase is harboring these thoughts, he didn’t notice that he was already in the middle of the road and the delivery truck honked loudly at a fast speed, approaching him.

 He got stoned at the sight of two blinding lights racing towards his direction. It’s as if this event went in slow motion, where the spectators who previously warned the boy in school uniform had shock and despair written on their faces.

 Old memories suddenly flashed through Akase’s mind. He is seeing events in his life. He and his older sister running happily in the neighborhood. The scene when his father turned his back to them and left. The first time he started going to Elementary school. The face of his mother, his sister. Akase could even imagine hearing his own heartbeat as he grievously gets hit by the truck.

 

 

 

 


The moment I opened my eyes, I found myself helpless and unable to move as I usually do so. It took me quite a while to be able to apprehend the situation that I became a baby and the reason behind it.

So I died huh. I couldn’t help but to imagine my mother and my sister grieving at my loss. Praying for their safety and well-being was the only thing I can do to comfort myself even by bit. Suddenly, I noticed something wet coming out of my eyes. EH? 

“Uwaah!!!” I’m crying. I’m definitely crying. I don’t know how I did it but I guess babies are just sensitive.

 I could hardly believe this is actually happening. Being taken care of by big figures (point of view of a baby) and breast fed by my supposed-to-be mother. Honestly this couldn’t get anymore awkward as someone who had retained memories from past life. Though my visions are blurry, my hearing is good enough to perceive sounds from my surrounding. Right now I’m hearing my mother’s lullaby while holding me in her arms.  Considering that I’ve calmed down, she whispered ‘goodnight my sweet sakura’ near my ears and kisses my forehead before putting me to my soft bed in which my intuition tells me it’s my crib.

I felt thankful that I’ve been reincarnated in a similar country I’ve grown accustomed to since I could recognize their language. Though I had certain doubts about that ‘sakura’ (cherry blossom). That’s probably just a nickname but isn’t that too girly? I suddenly think of something creepy but I ignored it. No way. That’s not gonna happen. I should be a boy right? Yes that’s right. I hope so..

 

 

Five Years Later…

“Onee-shama~ I want thesh pweety flowersh~~” A toothy little girl of a certain house said and giggled at her older sister.

The taller girl beside her made a wry smile.

“But they’re only for displays”

“Pweaasshh~” Her little sister pleaded with puppy eyes.  The older girl’s heart melted when she saw the cuteness of her little sister.

“Alright since you are so cute I will allow you to pick, but just one okay?”

“Yay!!”

 

I see…So that’s how it is. I silently noted that kind of strategy in my mind. I turned my back from the two girls who are walking in the garden and left my spot silently. It's a good thing to use that approach to my parents and my older brother whenever a need arises. I already finished my research online but a live-action is certainly the best. Moreover I had nothing to do in this night’s Thanksgiving Party, and staring at people is also quite boring. At least I learned a lesson after wandering aimlessly inside the Kouji Territory.

Im already five years old living as a girl. Yes, a GIRL.

 

I remembered the time when I first learned that I became a girl. I’ve been crying nonstop due to my frustration and my mother was on her wit’s end trying her best to calm me down. It was hard to accept at first. I felt really fortunate that I’ve been given a second chance to live but after learning that my gender had changed, I thought my world had crumbled. All those embarrassment and shame I’ve experienced when taking baths and relieving myself had long washed away my male dignity. Even now I'm forcing myself to use “watashi”(feminine) instead of “ore”(masculine) when addressing my own.

 I found my older brother talking to kids similar to his age. We have two years gap so that makes him seven years old.

“Onii~!” I ran in his direction.

“Oh, Sakura-chan you’re here.” He said as I wrap my arms to his waist while I stayed at his side.

“Hm, this is quite a clingy sister” One of the kids with semi-red hair spoke.

You twerp! S-shut up! This is how a little sister should act! As someone who came from the opposite gender, I conducted research from different sources on how to act like a girl and a natural little sister. I can't forget that day when my father raised up a suggestion to bring me to a pediatrician because of my ‘abnormal activities’. I shuddered the thought that my family would abandon me to the doctor’s care if they ever found out that there’s something wrong with my mind. Although it has a slim chance to happen yet I’m afraid of those kinds of specialized doctors. Looks like my past trauma has been carried in this life.

That following day, I tried hard to act normal like a girl. I still thought that it wasn’t enough so my anxiety drove me to look for answers online. I felt endless shame and awkwardness when I started doing it especially my ‘little sister act’ to my older brother.

----present----

I don’t know whether I blushed when I heard that statement but I can feel my face heating up. Calm down Me, don’t let your facade crumble at this moment. I steeled myself at continued my performance. Hah, being a little sister is hard.

My brother just brushes off his remark and replied ‘hey don’t be rude to her’ in a not so serious tone.

“Relax I'm only joking Mahiro” The other kid added and laugh. They discussed a bit before my brother introduced me.

“Yuji, Tomaru, this is my little sister. Sakura-chan, these are my friends.” It seems like these three are close enough to call each other by name. My brother gestured me to greet them.

“H-Hello. Please treat me well” I stuttered. I’m not intimidated by that red-haired person called Yuji who is eyeing me closely but somehow my gut tells me that he smells trouble.

“I see. No wonder you look familiar”

“Hm? Sa-chan, have you met one of my friends already?”

Familiar? This smug-looking youngster? Never in my life have I seen this brat’s face so I shook my head.

Yuji smirk and I don't know why but I suddenly had a bad feeling about it.

“Just an hour ago. You bumped into me, do you remember?”

.

.

.

[Retreiving file from recycle bin]

.

.

[succesfuly retrieved] 

 

.............

 

“Onii-sama can we go there? I’m hungry already” I pointed at the place where people gathered. It’s a dining area and the foods are prepared in a buffet style.

“Is… that so, but you haven’t answered his question yet”

“B-But, Sakura is hungry. Can we go now? Please?” I look at him with puppy eyes and cursed myself inside for doing such an embarrassing act.

“Alright. I’m sorry guys but I’ll have to accompany my sister this time, we’ll talk later”

Wow, that was worth it.

“Yay!” I just copied the girlish expression of that girl earlier and giggled. Male dignity? What’s that? Is that important right now? I imagined something being flushed in the toilet at the moment.

“It’s okay. Mind if I join you? I'm quite hungry as well” The tallest kid called Tomaru smiled and asked in a sincere tone.

“I don’t see any problem with that”

“Tomaru, you too? Fine, I’ll just tag along” Yuji who went silent after I executed my diversion plan, declared to come with us as well. I do not wish for him to be sticking to us since the possibility of leakage would be pretty high, however, I don’t have any choice so I just drag the hand of my brother to keep him away from that person called Yuji.

18