Intermission
686 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I now reached my six years of age and ready enough to start my elementary school this coming Spring.

It’s a usual day in this house. Father was away for work; my older brother is at school and my Mother is currently playing with me. As I mentioned about ‘playing’, what I meant to say is that, Mom is forcing me to wear these stupid girlish dresses. Mother I'm not a mannequin for masculine’s sake stop! I wanted to retort but I can’t so I silently cried inside. My male mentality is suffering.

“Sakura-chan look here sweety” She's holding a camera and motioned me to look at her.

With an abashed look, I'm wearing a fuchsia pink dress with a lot of frills and ribbons. It’s a sleeveless dress that measures up to my knee part. Accompanied by a big ribbon attached to a hairband on my head.     

I'm dying. No matter how many times my mom does this to me I still hold a large amount of mental discomfort. I would never get used to it! Never!

 

“Awww My sweet daughter is too cute!”

“O-Oka-sama… I'm tired already. Can I go now?”

“Just a minute dear, you still have to wear the last one with violet theme” She said it with an iron grip as if my plead just escaped from her ears.

…..

My Mom is terrifyingly persistent. I know she's aware that I don’t like wearing dresses yet she insists me on putting them on. In the end, when my older brother arrived home I came up to him teary-eyed and expressed my misery while I was in the hands of Mother. He went to talk to Mom for that matter and came back with good news.

“Mother said that you lack interest to wear girly clothes and got worried that it might pose a problem in the future so she intends to let you get used to fitting it”

Is that really just it? I got a hunch that Mom had a hidden intention behind her actions.

“Don’t worry, I made a suggestion that it should be done once or two times a week at most and she agreed. Are you fine with it?” He pats my head while waiting for a response.

Despite my age mentality, I'm really relying much on my brother. This is the exact reason why I don’t want the little sisterly figure I've built up all this time to get ruined. During my early years where I seldom act like a childish sister, I never got treated like this by my older brother. He might smile and play with me but that’s it.

I hug him and buried my face to his chest. It’s impossible to totally stop Mom from making me wear dresses but the once a week deal is already good enough.

“Thank you. Onii-sama” I said seriously. Sh*t I forgot to sound childish.

“Anytime, little sister” He doesn’t seem to mind as he strokes my hair softly cooing me.

The day ended without a fuss.

After several weeks my Mother unanticipatedly announced that I should be a ‘proper girl’ from now on and started to change my things in pink from casual clothes to bedsheets. My life force had been drained after hearing it. I'm doomed! Older brother I need you!!!! Where did my luck go? He was away for a field trip during that time.

 

17