(Volume 2) 24: Despair (6)
117 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What are you doing? Have you gone insane?" Akka screamed in shock as she watched in daze Van that served his right leg towards the creature as the main dish.

At first, Akka was shocked because she realized that the devil's energy was even effective against her. When she was distracted for a moment, she let her guard down, and in the next moment, she saw was Van offering his right leg as a dish. No matter who saw this scene, they would be shocked.

Plus, she couldn't react in time at all. She could only stay there and see in a daze as a disgusting small round creature bit Van's right leg. Probably, Van didn't recognize what creature that was, but she did, and she felt a chill crawl towards her back.

Van had second thoughts when he saw how disgusting the creature was. Nonetheless, he didn't have a second chance as the creature's speed was too fast for him to let him change his mind. He can only suck it up and pray to gods that his stupid plan works.

Either way, he doesn't have much of a choice because Akka can't protect him forever, and he is still weak in level to fight even the leftovers.

Van broke in a cold sweat as he watched with trembling eyes the creature bit his right leg. He had steeled himself to feel pain, but he didn't feel anything this time. It was way more different than the last time when the grey wolf bit him at his crotch. But one thing was for certain as he predicted, the creature dropped in the ground dead after it bit him in the right leg. A second later and its body turned into ashes.

Akka was shocked speechless.

Different from Van, she knows what kind of creature that was. Even though she is not afraid because it's level is weak compare to hers. Nonetheless, in this place, this creature can become your worst nightmare, and she better burns her body into ashes that let this creature kills her.

Akka didn't have time to ask Van how was he able to kill the creature as the fire around them was weakening. She directly took her bow from her back and shot fire arrows after fire arrows towards the monsters that were half-burned. And yet, they didn't die as they slowly but surely were crawling towards them.

Akka waved her hand as the fire parted in two ways, and she yelled towards Van. "Move forward in that way."

Akka didn't have time at the moment for Van and can only hope that whatever secrets that he had on him can help him save his life. Or his death would not be a pleasant on after he was bitten by that creature.

Of course, Van didn't know the thoughts of Akka's, and he only knows that he was right. And that his bet has paid off.

(It seems you find out Master, as expected of you.) Said the system, of course, Van didn't hear her low chuckle.

"After I thought about it as how the wolf died, I can only think of away, and that is because of the curse in my right leg. But I never thought that a part of the curse is still inside me and that the curse will spread to my crotch too." Van can only crack a joke to lighten his mood a little, but he couldn't help but sigh in relief. For Van, this was his first time seeking death, but he didn't have a choice other than this. Probably in certain circumstances, even weak people can become daring.

(What if the wolf dying wasn't because of the curse in your right leg?)

Van said nothing!!!

It's not that he didn't think about it, but he doesn't want to become a death burden when he still has a chance to walk on his own.

Van didn't have time to talk to the system as he rushes towards the area that Akka ordered him to. If it was any other person, they would think twice before they act. After all, the other person might make him a bait as he saves himself. But at the moment, Van's mind was blank, and he only obeyed whatever orders Akka gives him for survival. If Akka told him right now to go left, he would not dare to go right.

{You killed a level 20 parasite.}

A chill crawled towards his back when he saw the name of the creature at the notification. But he didn't even have time to fart as another creature looking the same as the creature he just killed leaped towards him.

This time he wasn't so daring as he didn't have to raise his leg. The only thing he could do was to activate the haste skill as he ran forward for his dog's life. A moment later, a fire arrow comes with tremendous speed and burns the parasite into ashes.

As he evaded the parasite that leaps towards him, out of corners of his eyes, Van saw another parasite coming towards his right. This time he didn't evade it anymore and raised his right leg as a dish once again. And yet again, he didn't hear a low chuckle as he was concentrated at the parasite that bit his right leg.

{You killed a level 18 parasite.}

{You have leveled up}

A lot of notifications showed up before his eyes, but he just waved his hand as he didn't want to be eaten out of carelessness. His right leg might be IMMORTAL, but the rest of his body sure is not.

After running forward for a while and at the same time serving his right leg as a dish, Van could see himself close to the boundary of darkness. He stopped his steps and didn't dare to move forward anymore.

The fire was weakening, and tiredness overwhelmed him. He hasn't eaten anything for a day, and he hasn't stopped walking since he entered this dark world.

"Elemental ring fire." At the moment that Van was completely exhausted and was almost falling. A soft voice echoed through the darkness, and fire exploded everywhere.

"Move forward faster before we get surrounded." A hand patted at his shoulder, and Van could see Akka's exhausted face. Van didn't have a choice but to grind his teeth and move forward, while from time to time serving his right leg towards all sorts of creatures.

As Van moved forward, the cold wind or devil's energy caressed his cheeks. Van had never been so awakened but also so in a dream state in his life.

Pain

Its whole body was in smoldering pain.

Especially in its lungs, every time it breathed, it felt like it was inhaling a vat of burning dust. He even began to cough roughly, and every time it coughed, it felt like his organs were spurting out of its throat.

Its eyelids seemed to have become swollen, and as if lead blocks were being attached upon them. It was difficult for Van to open his eyes, and he could only use the mana sensitivity skill and observe the world through its vision.

Bang!!

0