(Volume 2) 10: Entering The Dungeon
141 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Status open.'

Name: Van Daw  

Race: High Human

Job: Crown Prince

Class: None

Equipment: {Leather and Metal Set Equipment, Grade 1}

State: Normal

Level: 2

Hp :105, Mp : 54, Str : 23, Agi : 23 + 12, Int : 46, Dex : 18 + 2

Skills: Slave break, Sneak Level 1, Mana Sensitivity Level 1,

Titles: Breaker of chains,

Missions Available: Name the system with your blood, making a contract you will earn a Law.

New Missions Available: Repair the Dragon Head Cane to grade 1.

Gather: 50 mana stones of rank 2, 10 mithril ores, 50 golden ores, 1-kilogram of Holy water from church, claws from level 10 bear.

"System, what about the defense? There is Hp, Mp, Str, Int, Agi, and Dex, but there isn't Def. The set equipment that I have is all about defense, but the status doesn't show it." Van asked in confusion. At first, he just thought it was like this, and Def didn't exist, but when he saw the set equipment that def indeed existed just like in those games, it bothered him, but he didn't say anything. But now he asked her because after Akka wakes up from the sleep, he knows that they will be going inside the dungeon, that's why he asked her now.

(There are all kinds of systems Master, yours is for fighting and ruling, besides Hp, Mp, Str, Int, Agi, and Dex there is also Stamina, Defense, Wisdom, and constitution. And it's not like you don't have them and every time you level up those will also be stronger it just that it will not be shown in the status.)

"I understand, and every time I level up, will the Hp, Mp, and others will just upgrade on their own?" Van asked because he noticed that when he leveled up, he saw the Mp rise from 100 to 105.

(Yes Master, you just need to be careful in the dungeon and level up, and the Mp and others will also level up, but the Int will not, you need to study for the Int to level up.)

"Are you ready?" A voice came to Van, looking up he could see Akka standing in front of him. Even though his adrenaline is in max and has an uncomfortable feeling in his chest, he still slowly got up and followed Akka.

Akka was pushing the two meters tall door open with just a single hand, and Van could see now the door that was the same as the entrance one opened.

After the door opened, in front of them was another simple skeleton, but the smell made Van frown.

"Leave this to me." Said Van because he realized the skeleton was just like the other two skeletons he defeated. He wasn't too much afraid this time, so he walked forward.

The skeleton directly saw him and rush towards him with just a sword, now that Van was calmer then back then, he could see that even a normal citizen might at least run from this skeleton.

Van avoided the attack of the skeleton with ease and severed his ass from behind, his strike was sharp and powerful that Akka was surprised for a moment. The skeleton fell to the ground at it writhed.

"He still can move?" Asked Van surprised, he just severed his lower part, but the skeleton continued moving by dragging his upper body forward, even though the speed of advance is incredibly slow.

"Well, he is undead, after all." Said Akka with 'isn't it obvious' expression.

Van approached the skeleton and thrust the cane towards its mouth, penetrating it and taking his head off.

{You killed Level 1 Skeleton}

{Earning: Exp}

"It seems like this one was Level 1." Said Van as he frowned because he realized that he couldn't see what level was the skeleton. Before he could worry about this, he heard two voices talk simultaneously.

(Master you don't need to worry when you become Level 10, you will earn from the system the ability to see how much stronger is your enemy, but that's only in the dungeons though.)

"I thought that you might suffer a loss, but you might have some talent in fighting." The System and Akka spoke at the same time. The system with that cheerful voice of hers directly guessed why he frowned, so she explained to him. And Akka with that aura around her that makes everyone submissive, just disregarded his frown and just nodded to herself, and squinted her eyes as she looked at Van up and down.

After that, they walked forward for some time. But different to their expectations, they only encountered skeletons level one and two, but they were all taken care of by Van, who by now he is allowing that calm feeling that came from inside him to help him stay calm.

He also told the System about this strange thing, but she only told him that it is because his soul has become stronger, and he isn't used to it yet.

Along the way, Akka also found some traps and began to explain to Van how to detect them, their hiding spots, and how to disarm them. And with that, Van also learned a new skill.

'Ding'

{You learned the skill Detection.}

"Isn't it the mana sensitivity skill useless now?" Van asked.

When Akka heard him, she just chuckled slightly, but the next moment her eyes become cold, and the aura around her also changed. "The mana sensitivity skill is very useful for everyone. For example, didn't you burn all those skeletons because you had the mana sensitivity skill? You don't know how to control mana or use it until you know-how the skills that you use will automatically drain your mana, do you understand? Try to learn to see the mana around you even when you have your eyes opened, let's go."

"Yes." Said Van a little embarrassed because his mouth spoke before his mind if he thought about it more the mana sensitivity skill is indeed very beneficial for him. When he fought against the skeletons every time, he would bring out a heat from the cane, and make more damage and those Lv1 skeletons die from just one hit of his dragon head cane.

Until now, the road inside the dungeon has been easy, It has been only one road and not complicated, so they didn't have to worry about turning left or right.

"Is that a chest?" Asked Van as he looked at the left side of the road, there a white chest was visible.

Akka just smirked at him and began to explain. "There are traps around the road to the chest. If you walk there without inspecting the terrain, poisoning needles will come out from the floor and the sides of the wall.

"As expected of a dungeon."

"Plus, that chest might be a monster called mimic. Mimic is a monster that pretends to be a treasure chest. It waits and preys on adventures." Said Akka as she took the bow from her back and shot an arrow towards the chest.

'Clang'

A metallic sound was heard when the arrow hit the chest, Akka and Van stayed there for a while.

"I think we should go." Said Van, after a while.

"You are indeed right, my servant. Let's go."

"Sorry, my name is Van, and I'm not your servant."

"Just little details, don't fret about it."

"If I'm your servant, then pay up, where is my salary?"

"Am I not giving you to eat?"

"I'm not a slave, you should also give me more benefits."

"And why should I? You're not doing any work."

"Don't fret over little details."

Van and Akka didn't go for the chest, even though the chest was real and not a mimic monster, they were both people who valued their life more than any kinds of treasures.

The creator of the dungeon back then, when he created this spot, his teeth were about to fall from laughter imagining every scenario, but now, how the creator would feel if he saw this scene.

1