(Volume 2) 12: Overconfidence
131 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What are we still waiting here for?" Van said while rubbing snow's body. But because he was a little a bit irritated, he rubbed a little stronger, and he received a glare from her. He can only smile wryly and continue to rub her gently, trying to appease her.

"It will come soon now." Said Akka while frowning, how many times has Van complained until now? He complained so much that Akka wanted to slap his stupid smiling face.

Currently, they were at the end of the first floor, and separating them from the second floor was a golden door. The first floor didn't have anything too dangerous except for some complicated traps, but Van knew that if Akka was alone, she should've passed the first floor in one day. Of course, Van didn't know that someone with class and level like Akka would have conquered the first floor in two to four hours.

Van had already sat down and was rubbing the fur of snow. He was irritated because they already were waiting here for three hours straight, and Akka was just standing there, unmoving like a mountain.

'If you want to wait, at least let's spend the night here!' It's what Van thought to himself. Van calls the night more for just sleeping because he doesn't really know where the day begins and where it ends.

And the most problematic thing for Van now is the pain in his eyes, because there is only darkness his night eyes skill is active all the time. At first, he didn't have any problems, but as a week passed in this environment, first, his head began to hurt then his eyes, only sleeping and leveling up can subside the pain.

But he had no choice but to move forward, and he doesn't want to use the sensitivity skill because the skill doesn't detect traps, and Akka also told him that it's not very good or healthy to use it regularly.

And just at that moment.

'Ding'

{You have discovered the Tomb of Nebraska.}

{New mission available: Conquer the Nebraska Tomb.}

{Earning: Exp}

 

"Were you waiting for this mission?" Van asked as he checked up the mission.

"If you wait patiently after you conquer the first floor, the dungeon gives you a mission."

"Only exp? Nothing else? What kind of joke is this?" Said Van angry after he saw the earnings. He could swear that this dungeon is not for newbie's, and conquering all of this just gives you exp? He is risking his life here, hey.

"Sigh."

(Sigh.)

"Hey, why do you look at me like that?" Said Van angry, wasn't he right? Who wouldn't want to earn a sword that penetrates heaven itself? Or some medicine that heals your wounds even when you are one step at door death? Or some girl that is the most beautiful angel in the world but is sleeping, and only your kiss can wake her up. But you give her more than just a kiss...

Van got distracted on his own thoughts, and it didn't listen to what Akka said at all, and she can only sigh.

(Master)

(Master)

"Yes." Only by continues calling him did Van wake up from his fantasies.

(As I was saying, for people like her exp is a very precious thing than treasures. Items or treasures can be lost or be eyed by greedy people, but exp is not if you earn it is yours.) Said the system with a sigh and before Van can reply to her.

A powerful aura spread from Akka. "Before we open this door, I need you to know something."

"Yes." His back straightened like it was a natural thing to do, even though Van noticed this peculiar thing, he let it be for the moment, survival comes first after all.

"Behind this door, I detected strong presences, so stay behind me when we enter, and when I attack, you will only attack those in my right direction." Said Akka, and she began to give also more information on the enemies.

It seems they will be facing goblins but Van this time wasn't surprised at all, after this long week of fighting skeletons and traveling in the dark dungeon, he realized that he can only move forward, nothing else matters.

Slamming the door open, Akka directly moved into the room and slammed her hand at the ground with a bam. Before any goblins could react, vines erupted from the ground beneath their feet, bounding them from leg to neck.

Van was surprised as he never saw Akka using this skill before, but directly realizing that Akka has left two green creatures unbound, he directly rushes towards them. His speed was fast that if any person back on earth would see him, they would think: 'what was that?'

The dragon head cane swung by Van fell with exquisite strength and speed. It penetrated on the goblins arm that was holding the club taking his arm off. The goblin fell over in the ground screaming in pain.

A whistling sound came behind Van's head, making him lower his head, but he was calm because he already detected this.

After he lowered his head, he could see the club of the other goblin striking at the position his head was a moment ago if he didn't lower his head, probably his head would've blown up like a balloon by now.

Directly using his haste skill, he turned around to see a green creature that is called goblin. He used the mana sensitivity skill and thrust the cane directly at the mouth of the goblin, breaking his hard teeth and penetrating his mouth.

But it seems the goblin was still alive even though a heat of mana was obliterating his brain. The goblin instinctively swept the club at Van right shoulder that snow was sitting while watching everything that is happening with his curious black eyes.

"Tshzzz." A cute sound sneeze came from Snow, it sounded more squeaky than anything else making Van make a face like >.<. While disregarding the club that it was coming towards him completely because after Snow sneezed, the goblin was flown away.

While Van went to fight the two goblins that Akka left for him, she directly knocks an arrow and looked at the enemies before her.

Before her were all low level goblins, but it can be a little bit dangerous for Van, so she didn't hesitate any more and shot an arrow towards a goblin.

When the arrow was in the middle air, it multiplied, and every arrow it shot towards other heads of the goblins with precise accuracy.

'Thud'

'Thud'

'Thud'

'Thud'

Every Goblin fell in the ground, and every one of them had an arrow at the top of their heads, except for one.

The last goblin standing was 2 meters tall and with the highest level, but he also had an arrow on top of his head, like the American flag that it's put on the moon.

Akka frowned, seeing him still standing, which means this guy might be level 20 or something, it's what she thought to herself and shot him to death with another arrow.

"It seems it's over?" Said Akka while looking around vigilantly.

"It seems so." Said Van with a little bit of confidence in his voice, as he thrust the cane at the bald green head of the last goblin.

But what they didn't know was that in the corner of the room lurking in the darkness, two grey eyes were watching everything since the beginning.

The moment that Van was most relaxed, it rushes towards him. The moment he came out of the darkness, Akka detected him.

"Watch out!" Akka shouted as she watched a grey wolf run towards Van while trying to shot an arrow, but it was already too late.

Even though Van directly used Haste skill to escape from there as fast as he could when he heard Akka shout at him, but he could nothing but watch as Mr wolf closes to him in mere one second and bites at his crotch.

"Aghhhhhhhhhhh." Van wanted to scream why did he went to bite his crotch when he could've just gone for the kill. Before he could complain about his grievance, he could only scream, and as his lights went out.

2