(Volume 2) 14: Jian
139 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a certain residence in the Daw Kingdom!

"Shit, shit, shit, fuck." I am mumbling out of my breath as I move around the house. I am thinking about what is the best decision I should make for myself in these circumstances.

And how did I ended up like this? Looking like someone who has lost his mind? Well to understand that we have to turn back in time a little bit.

My name is Jian, and yes I don't have a last name, I am only raised by my mother, and the last name can only be named after your father, so no last name for me.

But it is not a problem really, most of the common people don't have last names and I'm fine with it.

My mother passed away when I was still young, and I feel sad, but mostly I feel ashamed because I don't really remember how she looked like. But I can still remember the feelings of emptiness and loss that followed after my mother's death, in time those memories faded away even though I tried to preserve them and in the end, only some distant feelings were left.

"Yes, I understand."

Anyway, usually kids at my age should have gone to an orphanage someone should have come and taken me there, but alas, it didn't happen like that at all.

Slowly, the people who were close to me and my mother drifted away, after the funeral they became like strangers, but back then I didn't notice it only when I grew up a little bit more I would begin to understand how cold some people really are. But fortunately, my mother had left me some gold, and the house was also put in my name, even in death she looked after me.

"I understand."

Because of that, I could've survived for years, and have time to wait until I can see the system and decide what to do next. But even though I said 'status open' like millions of times, it wouldn't open at all.

But at the end of the day, I won't complain because at least I have a system.... I also heard some disturbing rumors about someone that activated his system when he was old enough when he didn't even have the strength to walk anymore.

Fortunately, even though I haven't activated my system yet, my life has been peaceful, probably a little lonely, but at least peaceful. Obviously, all the merits go to the capital city of Daw kingdom that I live in if I have lived in other cities, I might have been robbed or even killed.

But living in the capital city also has its downsides, me, for example, is very difficult to earn money when I haven't even activated my system yet.

My mother was an adventurer when she was young, so I also would like to become one, but to do that, I need to leave the capital and my home.

Why do you ask? Well obviously because even though the headquarters of the guild is located here in the capital city, the adventurers are not allowed to stay here permanently, their visit in the capital can only be for a week, and if the adventures want to take residence and live here, they have to quit being an adventurer and there are also other procedures that I don't know of.

One day as I just finished reading a book, I said to the millions of times.

"Status open."

Name: Jian ???

Race: Human

Job: Access denied

Class: Gunfighter

Equipment: (Tap to see)

Level: 1

Hp : 50, Mp : 30, Str : 5, Agi : 5, Int : 30, Dex : 8

And with that, the dream of being an adventurer was slashed apart, why? Well, obviously because of the class I have.

Obviously, someone like me shouldn't know which class is more important and which not, well except for this one. This class is famous in the whole Azzurro Continent as a bedtime story.

This class belonged to the hero ten thousand years ago, so yeah, pretty famous, there are a lot of stories that tell how strong this class is, but unfortunately, this class needs certain weapons, and if you don't have the weapons this class is pretty much useless. But at least I have a class so I can't complain, even though is useless but at least I can still earn more points because of it.

Two months passed after I activated my system, and the gold that my mother left for me finally run out. Guess what happened?

"I don't know."

What happened is basically the system fucking me over, I went to dozens of jobs, but I couldn't receive any missions, and at the job status it said 'Access denied,' even though I tried to learn by myself, but it was like learning with a speed of a mortal, so I got fired in multiple places.

I was sitting in the bed at my room and was trying to read a book, but to no avail, I had this suffocating feeling in my chest, and I couldn't focus at all, this pressure was killing me, the words that I read didn't enter my mind at all.

Until now the tax has been so small opponent, now to me, it looks like an opponent that needs careful attention, I paid this month tax with payments that I got from jobs, but what about next month?

As I was considering if I should join the military even though it's dangerous for me, or should I just sell the house and leave the city.

'Knock,' 'knock.'

I heard knocking sounds coming from the door. So I could only get up and open the door and do you know who was it at the door?

"Yeah, kind of."

It was a knight. He was not too tall, but just by looking at his armor made me feel pressured, he was looking at me a little bit coldly, and before I can ask anything, he just threw at me a small pouch and left while giving me one last cold glance.

Closing the door and opening the small pouch, I could only stay there rooted. The thing that I was desirably looking for and worked my ass day and night was there inside the pouch.

In the pouch, it had enough gold for me to live for at least a week without worrying about working, but obviously, I'm not a fool if this person has given me gold for just a week, it means that he will come back or did he mistaken me for someone else?

These were my thoughts back then, and what do you think happened?

"Well, of course, he will come back with more gold."

It seems like I can't deceive my thoughts, eh, well anyway for a week I didn't use the money of the knight but my own, that I won in the days at work.

But I was worried for nothing, from that point on, two knights would come every week to give me golds without me doing anything. At first, I was a little bit afraid, but after I just didn't care anymore and I also began to save a little bit.

As for the knights, they didn't respond to any of my questions so after a few tries of probing I lost my interest, at first they looked at me with cold eyes but after they began to show some respect and I can only wonder what is going on in the minds of the people.

One year passed after those events. I can only say that I'm still lonely but not that much anymore, except for the two knights that I have become friends with, I am now in a relationship with someone.

Her name is Laura, and I met her at the adventures guild headquarters when I went to ask some questions.

And it seems she is not from this world and she also told me not to tell others about it, and I kind of understand it, after all, the hero ten thousand years ago was not from this world either, if people find out she is not from this world a lot of problems might arise.

When I first met her, I found her like an odd person she had covered herself with a veil, only later I found out from her that it was like a tradition or something from her world.

Later on, when we were in a relationship, she showed me her face, and to tell you the truth, I was a little bit relieved after all who knows what's beneath the veil, and this experience also told me that people are afraid of the unknown.

Everything was perfect for me, until in one of those days that the mysterious payment always came.

Like usual I went to open the door, but this time was a little bit different, there were a lot of knights outside the house, and there were also Holy knights?

Holy shit, I was scared shitless, I mean I always prepared myself for the worst situation that can come, but for even the holy knights to get involved, never crossed my mind.

"Do you know why we are here?" I invited them to my house, and we sit down at the table when the holy knight asked me this question, I gulped down a mouthful of saliva nervously.

"Kind of?" I laughed awkwardly, but what he said next was shocking, not to say at least.

Basically what he said was like this, the crown prince of the Daw Kingdom was murdered inside his room, and I was the bastard son of King Alfred, and back then I didn't know what to say, I mean what should I say?

"Yeah, it's normal to be shocked or surprised in that kind of situation."

Yeah, anyway it's not like they wanted me to inherit the throne or anything, but I would stay inside my house like a prisoner until the situation calms down, but in my opinion, they are just afraid of me being assassinated but does that mean my father cares a little about me?

I don't know if he cares about me or not, but I know someone that does. After being locked inside my house, Laura my fiancée would visit me every day even though I told her that is dangerous, she just brushed it off saying she has the protection of the guild, she is just a cutie isn't she?

"Aren't you just bragging about your fiancée?"

Mm, these thoughts of mine are becoming louder and louder, as I was sitting on the couch after I got tired in walking around the house like a lunatic, I just find myself feeling a bit odd, raising my head I could see a shadow in front of me.

"You…" That's the only thing I could say as I freeze, did she just hear everything that I said.

"What about me? Weren't we just talking fine until now?" The shadow said and grinned at me. I couldn't see the face of the shadow, but I could feel like she was smirking at me like I'm a fool.

"Aghhhhhhh." I responded to the shadow's smirk with a shrieking scream. And at that moment, I could see my life flashed before my eyes, and finally, I remembered my mother's face, her warmth that she gave me through her life and the encouraging look that she gave me in the moments of her death as I only could scream and call to her, mother.

2