(Volume 2) 17: Wolf Egg?
97 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wolf egg?" Weren't wolves mammals? How many different things does this world have with the earth? But Van can only shake his head as probably this is a normal thing in this world.

"Hey, what happened?" Asked Akka as she took a sip of tea.

"No nothing, I was just surprised that the wolf can reproduce by laying eggs." Van said as he thought that different worlds have different rules. So he shouldn't be looking at things with his old perspective, but be open-minded.

"Are you okay? You didn't hit your head too hard, did you?" Asked Akka as she put the cup of tea down, and put a hand to Van's forehead, seeing if he's okay.

"I'm perfectly fine, thank you; for your concern, I just don't know too many things about the outside world." Said Van as he backed off a bit.

"Is that so? But that was a stupid question, really. The wolves don't lay eggs, country bumpkin." Said Akka as she sat down again and took a sip of tea.

"What do you mean by that?" Van asked while he began to think if the system has a glitch or something.

(She is right Master, wolves don't lay eggs.) The system was also troubled because things were getting out of control!

"I mean exactly, what I said, the wolf pups grow inside their mothers for about a month before they are born. They don't lay eggs." Akka said as she just shook her head, this is the first time that she encountered such a country bumpkin.

"Oh, is that so. Then what is this?" Asked Van as he took out the wolf egg from his inventory. The egg was black and had an oval shape. Seeing the egg Akka was surprised, just how many secrets does this guy in front of her have? The abilities of the dragon head cane were more than enough to surprise her, but now what's this? But in the end, she could only shake her head.

'Description.' Said Akka in her mind, so she can see what this egg is all about. But except for the name, it didn't show anything else. She frowned a little, as she began to poke it with her finger.

"How about I take this egg as a repayment for all the mana stones that I have given you for the cane." Said Akka as she thought for a while and began to check her multiple rings inventory, looking for something.

Van had told her about the cane because the dragon head cane needs ten mana stones every day, or else he could not use the haste skill or the pain killer. The dragon head cane looked like a phone to him, if you don't recharge it, you won't play games.

At first, he didn't recharge it, to see if his right leg would feel pain or not. In the beginning, he didn't feel pain, but after some hours of walking, he began to feel a little. So he could do nothing but try his luck by asking Akka if she had mana stones for the cane. And as usual, Akka shocked him speechless with her richness, when she showed him that she had more than one ring inventory.

When he asked her for mana stones was two days before they found snow.

(Master, you better give it to her because it's dangerous if you keep it inside the inventory. Your inventory was not made to put living beings inside.) Said the System after she saw his hesitation.

He can only sigh as he puts a finger to the egg and pushes it slightly towards Akka that is in front of him. The egg slowly rolled towards Akka, and Van could only take snow from his shoulder and pat her head.

Akka grins at him and takes something like a leather pouch, and puts the egg inside. To Van, the leather pouch looked like a bottomless abyss.

"What is that?" Van asked after he realized that it's a little bit different than the rings inventory, but also not that different. It was more like his inventory, but also different, and he didn't know why he felt like this. But he can only think that is because his soul is stronger now, and can perceive things that normal humans can't. But, in the end, feeling and knowing are two completely different things.

"Oh, this? This is a pet inventory and is way bigger than rings inventory. But is not good to put items inside, you can put your pet inside here, so it can sleep and also to have a little privacy. Inside this pet inventory, are a lot of different spaces to put more than one pet." Said Akka and began to boast a little about her wealth.

"It should be something rare I guess?" Said Van while he looked at snow, it would be good if he had one of this, was what Van thought to himself.

"Not really, it might be a little expensive, but anyone can buy it." Both Van and the system just rolled their eyes to her. It was not the first time that Akka has said this to an item, but if it was like that, then doesn't that mean everyone was wealthy, and the outside world was like a paradise?

But, of course, Van and the system were smart enough to understand that even though Akka was intelligent, very knowledgeable, and strong. They realized that she might lack common sense of the outside world.

Van had thought of two cliché possibilities that who Akka is, even though he never asked her, it's not like he never thought about it. But he can only shake his head because at the moment it wasn't important at all. Because whatever her identity was, it doesn't matter one bit inside here.

What was important for Van right now was that he lost something that he always liked to have. Back on earth, he always wanted to have a dog, but alas, his parents were strict about it, and he couldn't do anything. And it seems his bad luck followed him even here, but he can only sigh and try to survive first. Then only if he gets out of here can he think about other things.

Of course, Akka could see that he was sighing and had a depressing mood around him. She frowned a little, seeing him like that, it's not like she wanted to have a pet or something. But she took it more because she didn't know what was inside. What if it was something dangerous inside and not a wolf cub? Because she never heard or read any text for a wolf to born out of an egg.

"Here, take this." Said Akka as she throws a book at him. Akka had already planned to give this skill book to him, but only when they would be fighting at the higher floors of the dungeon. But the deteriorated inheritance took her off guard, so she has no choice but to give it to him now.

"This is..." Van was surprised, he already knew that she has more skill books, but he never expected she would give him another one.

But before Van could thank Akka, she just waved her hand and got up. "Open the book, and stay here, I'll be checking outside to see how is the situation."

Van only nodded at her and saw her as she left the tent, Van has mixed emotions to all of this, if Akka was alone, she would probably have it more easier. But he can only shake his head as he opened the book skill. He wondered what skill he would learn this time.

1