(Volume 2) 18: Burning inferno
116 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Opening the book skill, the radiance of light once again made Van close his eyes slightly, but this time he was already prepared for this. But what surprised Van the most this time was that the radiance of light had a blue transparent color.

'Ding'

{You have opened the book of skills.}

{You have learned the skill defense shield.}

"Defense Shield? Well, not bad, I guess?" Van didn't know if this was a good skill or not, but right now, having the defense shield was the best choice for him.

(Try it out, Master.)

"Ok, let me see the wonders of this magical world." Mumbles Van to himself as he whispered the name of the skill inside his mind.

Unlike the barrier that he saw on the first floor that had a dazzling transparent light, all around Van was a transparent blue color, which reminded him for a moment a series that he used to watch when he was back on earth.

(Master when this skill rises in level the color will also change. When you train this skill to max level, it can be upgraded, or you can learn another advanced version of it.)

"Isn't this the same thing, though?" The system or a.k.a the guide didn't have a choice but to explain to him.

(No, when you upgrade the skill, for example, the defense shield, it will change the skill but also the name. The defense shield will be called defense supreme, and the skill is completely different from the defense shield.)

(But the advanced version is different when you advance the skill, it is like you get another skill. You can use the old version of the skill but also the advanced one.)

"It seems it is more good to advance the skill."

(Yes, but not everyone can advance the skill because their soul might not handle it.)

While Van and the system were talking about the new skill, Akka, in the meantime, closed the door where the tent was located.

She directly blended at the darkness in the sides of the wall and watched the two entrances that send you respectively on the first floor that is the destination of every monster. And the other one is the continuation of the inheritance.

Two flashes of light appeared in the room, and without stopping, they rushed towards the first floor.

Akka could only click her tongue, seeing that because she realized they were at least at level 50. But before she can turn around and leave. She felt a chill in her back, turning around she could feel the aura of a newcomer.

What appeared was a two meters tall skeleton, his bones were thick, and his entire body was shrouded in a dark substance. Its eyes sockets were empty, and in the place of its eyes were two luminous orbs, colored a deep red similar to blood.

'Is that an Undead Knight?" Akka thought to herself as this was the first time she saw one. The Undead Knight's red eyes were scanning the entire room until it stopped and made contact with Akka's, making her open her eyes wide.

Her instinct was giving her warning signals, but before she could think of how did the undead knight even saw her because she has the sneak skill at level max. The Undead Knight drew out the sword from his waist, then he transformed into a shadow blended into the ground, and rushes towards Akka in an unstoppable red flash with his sword.

So fast!

In a blink of an eye, the sword was coming towards her face. Akka was shocked and felt fear for a moment seeing his speed. But even so, she steeled herself and activated her wood elements in full force. Vines erupted from the ground as a defensive formation, but also as an attack formation towards the undead knight, delaying him for a moment as she went towards the other side of the room.

Even though the room was spacious enough, it doesn't allow her to release her full strength. Her strength relied more on her agility, after all.

Directly taking the bow from her back, she fired vine arrows towards the undead knight that was still being delayed by her vines.

The Undead Knight was, in the meantime, dodging and slashing the vines that erupted continuously from the ground, which irritated him. But at that moment, he felt pain in the back. He howled because he realized this little creature in front of him made him feel pain. The Undead Knight didn't care being attacked by the vines anymore and rushes towards Akka with a speed that left Akka shocked.

Pale flames erupted from the undead knight swords as he slashed towards Akka.

Akka, in the meantime, saw the undead knight rush towards her without care for defense. Seeing the chance in front of her, she manipulated her wood elements and made more vines attack the undead knight, dropping his hp even further without the undead even realizing at all.

'What can you expect from an unintelligent creature!' Thought Akka to herself as she took a knife from her belt and darted towards the undead knight.

At the moment before they collided, Akka changed her darting direction and shifted her body with an impossible angle as she dodged the attack. But not completely as the blade cut a little at her left shoulder. Blood flowed in the air, but that kind of cut she didn't feel at all in the heat of the battle.

And also at the last moment, she didn't forget, to return the favor as she throws her knife directly at the chest of the undead knight.

Crough!

The Undead Knight reacted directly after seeing his attack failed. The Undead Knight leaped backward towards the door that is the continuation of the dungeon, but alas, he couldn't dodge the knife in the end as his mp lowered even further.

The Undead Knight howled as his blood red eyes were furious against this lowly creature. The Undead Knight saw the creature before him and realized that her face was white, and her body was trembling. Some sort of pride rose inside the undead knight seeing his prey being afraid of him.

But before the undead knight could do anything, Akka already blended in the shadows and disappeared from there.

The Undead Knight howled! He wanted to relocate this lowly creature, but before he could, a feeling made him freeze in place. With great difficulty, the undead knight shifted his head towards the door, and at the last moment, he saw a burning inferno.

'Roar!'

1