(Volume 2) 21: Despair (3)
109 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In front of Van and Akka was a weapon platform and placed there were all sorts of weapons. There were swords, scimitars, sabers, spears, katanas, hell even a cane was there.

Seeing the amounts of weapons in front of him made Van out of habit walk forwards so he can take them inside his ring inventory. But before he could take a step forward, he was stopped by Akka. Turning around, he could see Akka shaking her head as she pointed at the platform.

"Before you take those weapons, you should try to feel the aura that they are emitting. Otherwise, if you just go-ahead without care, even I don't know what might happen." Akka said as she put a hand in her chin, looking like she was thinking of something.

"Is that so?" Responded Van with a gulp. He had seen swords along the way in the ground, and now he was used to put them in the inventory any weapons or anything that looked useful. But it didn't occur to him until now that items can be dangerous.

He made a mental note to himself that he should ask the system or Akka when he sees something.

As he made that mental note to himself, he looked at the big weapons platform. Amidst the flesh, blood, and bones on the ground, there was five feet high black stone platform making a contrasts between the due.

Van guessed that there might be hundreds of weapons, probably even a thousand. Getting a little bit closer, he could feel a heavy and somber aura. Suddenly, he felt like he was a soldier waiting in line to take a weapon and enter the battlefield.

Akka also stood by his side with a solemn expression as she was thinking of something.

Taking a deep breath and with a solemn expression, Akka bowed towards the platform: The war might be over, but there are still battles waiting for you out there. If you want me to, I can take you to the outside world. You may have become dull in the passing of years, but with a good companion, you may become sharp again.

Van can only roll his eyes to her. He thought that he had seen enough of Akka's stupidity, but it seems he was wrong. Talking to a bunch of weapons? Yeah right.

Before he could rebuke Akka, he felt the aura that was emitting from the weapons disappear. In front of him, the once shiny and dominating weapons were all turned dull, and just a feeling came to him seeing the weapons: old.

"This is..." What happened? He could not understand. He felt like someone slapped him in the face, even though, in the end, it was his fault for not being more open-minded. Letting those thoughts in the back of his mind, he turned to Akka and saw her bowing again to the platform and saw her as she took another ring from her ring inventory.

"I'm taking all the weapons... Except for these ones." An odd look appeared to Akka, but she put the thought on the back of her mind as she took all the weapons except for the katanas.

"Okay!" That's the only response that Van could give as he just shook his head while smiling wryly. Van waited as Akka put all the weapons inside her ring than he moved forward. He took all the katanas inside his inventory and the lonely cane that who knows who left it there.

"Did those swords have intelligence?" Van couldn't help it anymore and asked Akka with a voice full of surprise.

"They are not intelligent, but their auras have joined together for who knows how many years. Whatever, you will not understand anyway. You just need to know that they are all grade four weapons, except for the cane."

"What?" Van was surprised. He knows what it means to have a grade four weapon, that's why he was stunned a bit.

"I'm not explaining to you now the grades of the weapons." Said Akka as she just waved her hand, dismissing whatever he wanted to say. She knows that this is not the right place to explain every little thing to this country bumpkin.

"No need, I was just su[rised, and I already know the grades of a weapon, humph." Said Van as he humphed and turned his head on the other way, making Akka gasp. Van knows that a grade four weapon can only be wielded by someone at the higher levels. The ones who are level 50 and above are called the higher levels, some people also call it as the legendary level.

"Oh, you know? Well, whatever, let's go!" Said Akka and she was first surprised by Van knowing this, but she didn't think too much about it and continued to move forward, while also keeping an eye around vigilantly all the time.

As Akka moved forward, she gave a last glimpse at the platform. She knows what that platform represents, and she realized what this place was. Van might think of the platform as just a gift from the dungeon but not Akka. She knows now that this place has been a battle station that was used ten thousand years ago at the time of war.

'If this was a battle station back then, why did they turn it in an inheritance site? And who had the power to make it? And why no one knows about this?' A lot of questions were on Akka's mind, but she put them on the back of her mind as she looked forward.

Even though she was curious because reading history books and finding out ancient secrets was like eating a delicacy food to her, she knows that this wasn't the right place to think about these things. Probably the answers to her questions might be at the end of the inheritance site.

Walking forward for some time, they didn't encounter any monster, and the ground didn't have any blood anymore. It seemed like the blood drained on the ground because it had a crimson red color.

"Is there any other way?" Van said as he gulped nervously while looking ahead.

"The inheritance site has broken down, and the structure is not like it was first constructed, as you've seen at that ruined passage that we passed by." Akka said while also feeling troubled. But seeing Van anxious look, she remained cold trying to look like someone that has everything under control.

The passage that Akka said was the entrance of the third floor, but because it was blocked and ruined, they couldn't enter there. Left with no other choice, they began to tack for any traces to where all the monsters have come from.

They traveled (4.6 km) until now since they entered the entrance of the second floor, but now there was hesitation on both of them.

"Is that the entrance to hell?" Van asked in a low voice while trying to remain calm but to no avail.

In front of them was a wall, and in the middle of the wall was a gap sufficient for three or four people to enter. And beyond that wall was complete darkness that made Van feel a chill in his back.

1