Story-3
70 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oh come on,” Daddy whispered something in mommy’s ear and she snickered. I love to hear mommy laughing. She kissed daddy on the lips and went into the kitchen. I don’t understand how she can kiss Daddy with his mustache. Its hurts whenever Daddy bites into my cheeks.

“Mommy-Mommy, kiss me, kiss me-” I cried behind her and she kissed me too before leaving me alone with Daddy. Her lips taste like strawberries and fresh dew. No wonder Daddy kisses her whenever he comes home from work.

Daddy even said Mommy is a very good kisser. That night I asked mommy how she became so good at kissing. “Did you practice kissing when you were small?” and she told me her secret.

She said, “When I was a kid your age, grandpa had a BIG orange tree in the backyard. I used to eat an orange every day. Unlike others, I didn’t bite into the orange peg. Instead, I sucked on them. That’s how I became good at kissing.”

“You became geed at kissing by sucking on oranges?”
“Yep, by sucking oranges,”

But I don’t like oranges. They are so tangy.

Ooo~

My mouth becomes sticky and my tongue starts dancing when I eat one. And they are so big! How can one person eat a whole orange alone!

From dancing, I remember, Poppy loves to dance. Moma once told me she met Poppy in a pub. My friend Peter from school, who is the second smartest kid after me, told me, “A pub is a place where sad and lonely people go to forget about their lives and meet other people with similar hobbies.”

“Were you sad Moma?” She smiled when I asked her. Mommy smiles like Moma because she’s her daughter; but why don’t I smile like mommy? Instead, Poppy said

“Oh, he was dancing so fine-” Moma told me. “I lost my heart to him when he lifted the girl he was dancing with and then gently hugged her without letting her feet touch the ground. I can still vividly remember thinking how much I would like it if he hugged me like that.” She said it was love at first sight.  

 “When will I fall in love Moma?” She laughed upon hearing that. Her laughs didn't make my tummy twirl as Mommies laughs do; they made me sad instead. She said, “You will know. You just have to wait until then. But don’t forget to buckle up or the tide will sweep you from the ground and take you away.”

I don’t understand what she meant. How would I know I am in love if I don’t even know what love means? But even Mommy agreed with Moma.

But if it means I’ll have to leave mommy, then I’ll never fall in love. I don’t want mommy to feel sad like I do because Moma doesn’t live with us anymore.

3