143. Visiting Wei Family Residence
227 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You.. what’s your plan?”

“I can’t tell you now. But I have a favor that I need to ask to you, Senior Brother Yu.”

Lu Wan’s expression changed when he heard Ye Jiao used his codename. Even though they were alone in this place because there was no one around, he was wary.

“Don’t call me using that name.”

“Would you help me?”

“That….” Lu Wan sighed. “Fine, tell me what you want.”

Ye Jiao smiled.

 

Before long, Lu Wan returned back to Lu Family Residence. Lu Su was standing at the front gate with a few servants around him. From the way he talked, it seemed that he was giving some kind of instructions for the servants. When Lu Wan came near, he stopped talking.

“You’re going to be late for the appointed time.”

Lu Wan creased his brows. “The store is far.”

“You can just take the carriage.”

“And flaunt Lu Family’s name? No thank you.”

Lu Su sighed and pointed to the carriage. “Get in and go to Wei Family Residence. I want you to settle the problem.”

“Yes. Yes.”

Lu Wan looked at Ye Jiao and pointed to the carriage. “Come follow after me.”

“Yes, Young Master.”

Even though Lu Su was baffled that Lu Wan would bring a young servant girl with him, he didn’t say anything. It was known that Lu Wan always acted on his own will without any regard for others, so he merely sighed and signaled the driver to start.

Inside the carriage, Lu Wan looked at Ye Jiao with wronged expression. “There’s no need for you to come along with me to Wei Family Residence, right? What are you going to do if they recognize you?”

Right now, the two of them were in the carriage heading to Wei Family Residence. There was no need for Ye Jiao to come along as Lu Wan wouldn’t have any problem to deal with his matter alone.

“Actually, I’m thinking of doing something to them.”

“…. You’re not planning on assassinating them, right?”

“Of course not! Do you think I’m as stupid as you?” Ye Jiao rolled her eyes. She sighed. “I’m just thinking that I might do something to make them fight against themselves.”

“Even if you do nothing, they already did. Do you think the relationship between the main mother to her husband’s concubine is that good?”

It might not show on the surface, but every woman wanted their children to be the one to be the best. With Wei Shang having children from four different women, there was no doubt that the clash in Wei Family Residence was harsh. Every single one of them surely wouldn’t want to give up the right.

“I know.”

Lu Wan looked back at Ye Jiao. “Master is not going to like this.”

Ye Jiao just smiled bitterly and didn’t reply. She knew that she was too hasty, but she couldn’t help it. The hatred and rage she felt when she heard their plan the harsh memories she had drove her to move forward even more. She wanted to make them pay for what they did.

“Senior Brother Yu, you need to be careful of Wei Cheng. If he tried to bait you to make another bet…”

“Nah, I’ll be fine,” Lu Wan replied while waving his hand. He looked at Ye Jiao with a faint grin on his face. “They always try to trap me. Do you think I’m going to fall for their cheap trick? I’ll just slap his face when he saw that his plan failed.”

Ye Jiao blinked. “Do you even know their plan?”

“I don’t know the detail, but I’m sure it’ll be the same with…” Lu Wan wanted to say Ye Xiao but he didn’t think it would be appropriate because it’s Ye Jiao’s father. “I mean, it’s always the same. They’ll want to make the genius stay in this d*mn kingdom through the so called oath something. Heh, they’ll be dreaming if they think that they can trap me so easily….”

As Lu Wan began to brag, Ye Jiao decided to stay silent and reviewed the plan she had made for herself. She hoped that she would not get captured while doing what she wanted to do.

As the carriage got nearer, Lu Wan stopped talking. He looked outside. “I don’t like this residence. If you want to do something, is there anything I can do to help?”

“You’re going to help, Senior Brother Lu?”

“At the very least, I shouldn’t leave you alone to die, right?” Lu Wan replied calmly. “So, is there any?”

“if it’s possible, I wish to sneak out when you’re talking with Wei Cheng. Also, please try to stay in the residence as long as possible until I return back.”

“It’s not too hard.”

“Will you do it?”

“Sure,” Lu Wan agreed immediately. “But you don’t expect me to do it for free, right?”

Ye Jiao looked at her senior brother with a ‘I should have known this’ look. “What do you want in exchange?”

“I want your body.”

“…. For a poison experiment?”

“Of course, what else?”

Internally, Ye Jiao groaned as she could recall the day Lu Wan asked her to drink the newly made poison he created. It was painful all over her body and this annoying senior brother of hers did nothing but only helped her to rest while watching her over.

“You’re truly treating me as your guinea pig, aren’t you?”

“You have better adaptability compared to me, so it’s easier to watch the effect. Don’t worry, I’m not going to give poison that can kill you,” Lu Wan reassured her junior sister. He wouldn’t want to let Ye Jiao die because of him. Those poison would be measured before he handed it to her to make sure that the amount wouldn’t kill her and only helped to increase her resistance.

“Fine, I agree.”

“Good.”
“You’re  not asking this to make sure that I’ll move slower during the fight, right?”

“I don’t understand what you’re talking about.”

Seeing how Lu Wan evaded her question, Ye Jiao knew that Lu Wan wanted to make sure that he could adapt at a moderate pace. If it continued like yesterday, it would be complete hell for Lu Wan.

As they reached an agreement, the carriage arrived by Wei Family Residence. Ye Jiao got out of the carriage and stood beside the door as she waited for Lu Wan to get out. This time, Lu Wan didn’t jump directly and stepped down slowly.

“Welcome, Second Young Master of Lu Family.”

Lu Wan frowned at the familiar sound. He turned to look at Wei Cheng. “It has been some time, Wei Cheng.”

“Indeed it has, Lu Wan,” Wei Cheng tried to hold back his urge to taunt this young man as he spread his arm to Wei Family’s Gate. “Let’s talk inside.”

“Sure.”

Without any need for pleasantries, the two of them walked inside. Ye Jiao’s body stiffened for a moment. She still has bad memories of this place as Wei Cheng, Wei MI, and Wei Liao loved to beat her up. They seemed to find it amusing to see her unable to fight back and tried to run away.

‘It’ll be fine. No one will recognize you.’

People with similar stature with Ye Jiao were common. Right now, she had used skin darkening to make her look tan. In addition, she used a hat that Lu Family servants usually used to cover her black hair. It was no longer that apparent, so they shouldn’t be able to recognize her.

Entering the residence, she was greeted with unfamiliar stone path. Granted, she had never entered Wei Family Residence from the main gate, so she had never seen it before. Slowly, she followed after Lu Wan as they entered the residence.

After the destruction her mother caused to this residence, the Wei Family had built it back again. The buildings looked brand new and imbued with the gallant color and atmosphere. As the family of generals, it was apparent that they picked the color that was more suitable for them.

Wei Cheng brought them into the main building with the very first room was the guest room. He beckoned for Lu Wan to sit down before sitting down himself.

“Now, let’s get straight to the main point.”

6