68. First Path of the Lilies: Death and Rebirth (2)
481 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the pain continued to assault her body, Ye Jiao could faintly hear a sound of footsteps not far from her. Her consciousness was hazy for she was unable to fully comprehend what happened near her. All she could think of is her current condition and the fact that her body felt hurt.

'Should I just give up?’

There was no one else who cared for her in this world. The two of them have left to the other world ahead of her, a much more beautiful world than this rotten place.

It would be better for her to follow after them, right?

No!

Her mother sacrificed herself to bring her out of that corrupted kingdom. Her father had protected her ever since she was born. If she gave up now, she would waste their efforts that they have given to her. Everything would become a waste if she gave up.

Ye Jiao collected herself as she steadied her body. With the tree supporting her weight, she continued to form the next piece of her core.

As the fourth piece was formed, her body felt unimaginable pain once more. However, Ye Jiao has made her resolve, so she gnashed her teeth and continued the process.

The pieces were formed one after another, becoming one as she pressed them together. The pain continued to envelope her body, but Ye Jiao endured and proceeded with forming the next piece.

Overtime, the pain dulled.

Ye Jiao couldn’t feel the pain anymore when her core was almost completely formed. She didn’t count the number of pieces that she made anymore. All she knew was that the core would finish and she wouldn’t feel the pain in a few more pieces.

Patiently, Ye Jiao continued to control the Eon Energy in her abdomen to form the pieces. By now, the Eon Energy Pill in her abdomen has changed shape as only a third of it left. It has been used by Ye Jiao to form her core.

Last piece.

Condensing the Eon Energy, Ye Jiao finally closed down her core. The long and exhausting process was over.

The moment her core was formed, she could feel her newly formed core absorbed a massive amount of Eon Energy from the pill and outside her body. Warmth enveloped her entire body and filled her core.

It was comfortable.

At that very moment, Ye Jiao had just become the youngest person in the kingdom to form her core and started her path as Eon Energy Master!

Ye Jiao felt as if she had just had a full course of meal. Her body was filled with boundless energy. She was glad and happy that she had succeeded.

Slowly, Ye Jiao opened her eyes.

Not far from Ye Jiao, two men were travelling across the forest. One of them was already at an old age while the other one was the green haired boy that Ye Jiao met a few days before.

The old man, Zhan Jing, was only travelling around when he sensed the movements of Eon Energy in the air. He was very familiar with these movements as he stopped his own path.

“Master, what is it?” Lu Wan, the green haired boy, asked with confusion.

Zhan Jing pointed to the side. “There’s something interesting over there.”

“What is it?”

Zhan Jing didn’t answer. He directly changed his decision and dashed away. Lu Wan cursed under his breath before pushing himself forward to follow after the man. His master didn’t even bother to wait for him.

It didn’t take long for them to arrive before a rather secluded hut. In front of the hut, a young girl was sitting. Tears streamed out of her eyes, staining her delicate face.

“Ma-!”

“Ssh,” Zhan Jing put his finger in front of his lips. “She’s forming her core.”

Lu Wan was dumbstruck when he heard his master’s words.

She’s forming her core?

Looking at her tender figure and small stature, anyone would be able to tell that she must be very young. Probably 8 or 9 years old. What kind of talent would allow them to form their core at that tender age?

Also, why in the world would she form her core in the forest like this? It is very dangerous!

“Master,” Lu Wan lowered his voice. “Don’t you need to help her?”

He had experienced it by himself before. Forming one’s core below the age of 12 would give strain to their body. At the same time, the pain they experienced would be much bigger compared with ordinary children. It was not easy for him to form his own core a year ago.

Zhan Jing shook his head. “She’s a very interesting girl. If she’s about to break down, I’ll help her, but...”

As he said that, he could sense the girl started to pull herself together. Eon Energy gathered from outside slightly as she formed the next piece of her core.

“Right now, she’s still struggling,” Zhan Jing replied.

Lu Wan clicked his tongue. “It means that I have to work harder. Even a girl younger than me can endure this devilish treatment.”

Zhan Jing didn’t reply right away. He scrutinized the girl’s body and their surroundings before locked his gaze on the hut. There were traces of powerful Eon Energy coming from inside.

With a swift movement, he arrived by the hut's window. He peered inside and saw a young beautiful woman inside.

“Lu Wan, come over here,” Zhan Jing sent sound transmission using his Eon Energy.

Lu Wan arched his eyebrows before jogging to his master’s side. The window position was not too high as it was designed for children. Peering inside, Lu Wan's eyes widened when he saw the familiar face.

“That’s Madam Ye Ai Xia,” he said with astonishment. “Wait, that means she’s Ye Jiao?”

Lu Wan turned his head to Ye Jiao. The age of the young girl was suited to the rumors that he heard. However, wasn’t Ye Jiao known to be a waste?

Zhan Jing looked at the woman inside for a moment.

“Does she have any relationship with Ye Xiao?”

“Master, you know Ye Xiao?” Lu Wan was surprised. After all, his master didn’t come from this kingdom.

Zhan Jing flicked his finger on the boy's forehead. “I’m an assassin and Ye Xiao's name has appeared numerous times in the list in the past.”

“Fine, Ye Ai Xia is his stepsister and the imperial family recently announced that she’s Ye Xiao’s wife.”

Lu Wan rubbed his forehead with indignation. He was glad that his father delivered the news very quickly or it would be impossible for him to know. Not long ago, there was a massive battle in Wei Family Residence and that king announced this.

Zhen Jing pointed to Ye Jiao. “Why did I never hear of her name before?”

“Because she’s trash.”

“Trash?”

“The stone didn’t light up when it’s her turn, so she’s known as the famous trash in this city.”

Zhan Jing listened attentively to Lu Wan's explanation. His lips curled up when he heard that the stone didn’t light up. Hearing the rest of the sentence, he laughed so hard yet blocked his voice from reaching the struggling young girl.

“What a stupid kingdom.”

Lu Wan nearly tripped to the ground when he heard his master’s words. His lips twitched a bit. Has his master gone crazy?

17