132. Dark Side of Imperial Family
251 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chen Zi Quan passed a glance at the young man. “It’s not really a secret too that the imperial family is vying for his power, so of course, he’s included.”

On the tree, Ye Jiao could feel her blood boil at the words that Chen Zi Quan uttered. She had guessed that the imperial family was longing for power, but she never thought that it would be this much.

“But the imperial family kills him in the end,” Wei Cheng frowned.

“It’s because we can’t control him,” Chen Zi Quan replied in a flat tone. “Ye Xiao is known as the greatest genius and also very powerful ever since he’s young. Even when he was still growing up, he already showed them all in his action and achievement. There’s no other youngsters that can compare to him.”

“Once he graduates middle school, is it not possible to ask him for pledge?”

“He refused to take the pledge because he wanted to travel the world. The imperial family can’t force him because the public opinion would surely side with him and protect him. They won’t allow any mishap to happen to the genius that they love so much.

We can only take a passive stance and wait for the right time to rule him in. If it’s still not possible, we can only take the opposite side. Rather than letting him grow into someone we can’t touch, it’s better to destroy him completely. Both inside and outside.”

As Chen Zi Quan talked, his tone was filled with a murderous tone. In his eyes, everyone in this kingdom has to serve the kingdom and protect it with their lives no matter what happen.

“How do you know so much?”

“I’m the second prince, so I also learn about them when they ask me to take a pledge,” Chen Zi Quan replied in an indifferent tone. “Everyone with purple talent will surely be watched tightly because they can’t let us go to other places.”

Wei Cheng nodded his head. He understood that the kingdom was only trying to keep their standing and existence. Without powerful experts protecting the kingdom, there was no doubt that the kingdom would be destroyed.

The method was cruel, but it was their way to maintain their power and rules.

“It means that they also want Lu Wan to be on their side?” Wei Cheng asked once again.

“Because Lu Wan is still underage, it was his brother who takes the pledge in the past. We’re just waiting for the right time to call Lu Wan to the palace and force him to take the pledge,” Chen Zi Quan raised his hand and tapped the tree beside him. “If he’s unwilling, we won’t hesitate to kill him.”

“It’ll be hard to coerce him when he reaches rank 3.”

“It’ll be before that. With his rash way, there’ll surely be a way to force him. Besides, he doesn’t have the people’s support like Ye Xiao, so it’ll be easy to coerce him,” Chen Zi Quan started walking in the other’s direction. “He might not be a threat, yet, but I want to make sure of that.”

“What is your plan, Your Highness?”

“Make a bet with him…”

Ye Jiao couldn’t listen to their conversation any longer because they moved to a different place. However, she herself didn’t have any intention to listen to their conversation any longer. The bits and pieces she heard just now was already more than enough to make her blood boil in rage.

The way Chen Zi Quan said it made it easy for her to understand their viewpoint and why they were forcing talented people to stay. However, the method was simply too cruel because they basically forced everyone with better talent and potential to stay loyal to this kingdom forever.

Tying people to this kingdom just in order to ensure they longevity.

She understood everything perfectly, but she couldn’t stop her raging feeling. She was angry at the method they used and the fact that her father was included in that list.

‘With power, there’ll be danger and responsibility.’

It was not easy for people with greater talent to survive in this world. They might have a better start and smooth journey in their Eon Energy’s mastery, but they would have to face much more danger. Other people would aim to have their talent and try to control them.

‘It’ll be far better if we were born ordinary.’

As Ye Jiao tried to calm her feelings down, she thought of her father’s words to her. Now she understood why her father wanted to be born as an ordinary person. Those who have greater talent just have to face too much.

Without a suitable background, they wouldn’t be able to life. Many talented and genius people died in their youth because they were unable to grow up.

That just showed how harsh this world was.

For a moment, Ye Jiao thought of how fortunate it was for her to be a trash in this kingdom. Even though they still ordered to kill her, they didn’t try to search for her intensively because they knew that trash would never be able to become powerful.

Afterwards, Ye Jiao was not sure how she returned back to the tent. All she could remember was the fact that the students returned back home when it was evening. Mu Xin went her separate ways because her father sent soldiers to pick her up. Apparently, he was worried when he heard his daughter was wounded.

“Ye Jiao? You look like you’re spacing out a lot,” Lu Wan asked when they were in his carriage. It was made soundproof, so he was not worried of other people finding out what he talked inside.

“Uh, sorry,” Ye Jiao apologized. “I just hear the talk of Wei Cheng and Prince Chen Zi Quan, so I’m not feeling that well.”

“Oh, I bet they’re trying to scheme something for me again since they didn’t manage to get anything from now,” Lu Wan yawned.

“You knew?”

“It’s common practice.”

“Common practice?”

Seeing that Ye Jiao was confused, Lu Wan smiled bitterly. “The Imperial Family surely won’t let anyone get out of their watch, especially someone with a talent like mine. I don’t know what they’re planning to do, but I’ll face them.”

“You sound awfully confident.”

“Worst case scenario, I’ll die,” Lu Wan shrugged. “When it comes to that, I’ll just use a lifesaving method and escape. From that day, the name Lu Wan will disappear from the world.”

Ye Jiao knew that her senior brother was confident with his power. Even though Lu Wan was a complete idiot at some matters, he was also a genius at other things.

“I believe in you, Senior Brother Lu.”

Lu Wan nodded. “Take a rest for today. There’ll be an arena competition tomorrow. Do you want to come along?”

The thought of seeing that prince and Wei Cheng again made Ye Jiao shook her head. She didn’t have the intention to see them after hearing the talk. It would only make her angrier and sadder.

“No thanks. I’ll just stay in your residence.”

“Got it, just stay and rest. You need it.”

“Ok.”

 

Hey everyone, if you wish to talk more with the author and other readers, you can join the discord:

https://discord.gg/pBy2wGB

:D

11