55. Confrontation
409 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye Jiao’s body stood rooted in place as she saw the four siblings from the Wei Family. Even though she wanted to run away because she didn’t want to deal with them, it would be hard for her to move when they had taken notice of her. Four pairs of eyes looked in her direction.

“It’s that trash again,” Wei Mi scrunched her face in disgust. The thought of staying in the same place with Ye Jiao made her annoyed.

Wei Cheng’s reaction was not any better. He arched his eyebrows in annoyance. “What in the world would someone like you do to stay in this place?”

“Trash!” Wei Liao also added.

On the other hand, Wei Yin stayed silent. She was not interested in their childish dispute as she moved away from her place and picked a comfortable place to sit. Her brothers and sisters from different mothers were annoying in her eyes.

“Hey, are you still a mute?” Wei Mi approached Ye Jiao. Her hand was raised up, about to slap the girl’s face but Mu Xin stopped her movement. With Mu Xin trained in martial arts every single day, her physical body was far stronger than ordinary people.

“Senior Mu!” Ye Jiao was startled.

“Trying to hit a girl in public, are you not aware of your position as the general’s legal daughter?” Mu Xin asked in a menacing tone. Her disposition has been cold most of the time and when she got angry, her tone turned even icier.

“You!”

Wei Mi tried her best to pull her hand back, but she could feel that Mu Xin was holding her firmly. It was not to the point of pain, but she was unable to free herself from the girl’s grip.

“Release my sister!” Wei Cheng stepped in.

Mu Xin glanced at Wei Cheng and released Wei Mi’s arm right when the girl was trying to pull back. Her action caused the girl to stumble to the back and crashed right to Wei Liao, who was standing not far from her.

“Be careful,” Wei Liao murmured.

Wei Mi’s eyes reddened. As the pampered daughter of Wei Family, she has never been slighted in any way. This was the first time for her to receive such a treatment. With the help of Wei Cheng, she struggled to stand up.

All these times, Mu Xin stood indifferently. She didn’t care about their difference in status. Even though her father might be under Wei Mi’s father, she couldn’t just let them go when they tried to bully Ye Jiao. It was too much. The girl was only eight years old, but they always made things difficult for her.

At least, when they were outside, she would step in.

“Miss,” Wang Jun reminded from the back to not act rashly. Even though Mu Hong would be able to deal with the matter cleanly, it would be better to not create any trouble with the Wei Family.

“I know, Jun Ge,” Mu Xin replied calmly.

Wei Cheng was already angry at Mu Xin’s indifferent. When he heard how Mu Xin called Wang Jun, he sneered. “Even a lowly servant can become your brother, Mu Xin. It seems that the standard of Mu Family has gone down.”

“It’s called polite, Wei Cheng. I’m not like the Wei Family who can’t act appropriately when they’re outside,” Mu Xin said solemnly.

“You!” Wei Mi was about to lash out when Wei Yin held the girl from the back. Even though Wei Yin didn’t have any interest in stepping in, she knew that they would get into trouble if they made a scene at this place right now.

“Wei Mi, we’re outside,” Wei Yin warned the young girl. “My apologies for bothering the two of you. We’re going to go now.”

“You! Don’t restrain me!” Wei Mi struggled. She would not feel satisfied before she could push Ye Jiao back. The humiliation she felt after falling down to the ground and crashing against Wei Liao wouldn’t disappear just like that.

“Wei Mi!”

“Mi’er,” Wei Cheng also spoke up. “Don’t create trouble here.”

He could see that the other influential family children were also looking at them with inquiry. Clearly, the little ruckus that Wei Mi started made them aware that there were disputes here. As the participants haven’t reached nearing the finish line, the children were mostly talking with each other or relaxing.

“But, Cheng Ge…”

“Shut up!”

The loud yell caused the children to startle. Some of them even jumped on their place due to the surprise. Numerous pairs of eyes were looking in one direction, which was the green haired boy. Right now, his posture was still as relaxed as ever, but his expression showed his displeasure.

Wei Cheng quickly corrected his posture. “We’re sorry….”

“Just shut up and watch if you want to stay here or scram outside if you want to create trouble. Listening to your gibberish makes me want to puke,” Lu Wan said harshly, not caring how his words entered the other’s ears.

Ye Jiao was utterly stunned when she heard how Lu Wan berated the others harshly. Wasn’t the Lu Family known for their scholarly attitude?

This boy… no, this brat has just cursed them all and told them to scram.

If she didn’t hear it by herself, she would not believe such a person came from Lu Family. The way he behaved was too similar to that of a rogue. Even though there were truths inside his words, they were extraordinarily harsh.

Lu Wan swept his gaze once before turning his gaze back to the outside. The people would reach the finish line soon and he wanted to see them.

Wei Cheng glanced at Ye Jiao as he mouthed out. ‘This is not over yet, brat!’

Looking at the Wei children moved back, Ye Jiao was secretly astonished. Even though the brat named Lu Wan was harsh with his mouth, he could directly order other people to move back easily. It seemed that his position in this kingdom was not light at all.

But before that.

“Senior Mu, is Lu Family really famous as a scholarly family?”

Mu Xin smiled wryly. “Yes, but Lu Wan is an oddball. He doesn’t follow any rules and tends to act according to his will. But because of his talent, no one force him to study law and politics and let him do whatever he wants. Right now, he has become Eon Energy Master rank 1.”

“How old is he?”

“He should be 11 years old,” Mu Xin replied.

11 years old… it was even younger than what Ye Jiao expected.

Ye Jiao turned her body in the direction outside the city once more. The tense atmosphere has eased up as the children started to talk with one another bit by bit. The content of their conversation might be different from one another, but several of them must be talking about Lu Wan.

“Those with purple talent are really amazing,” Ye Jiao sighed.

Mu Xin giggled. “In the previous generation, there are only two people with purple talent too.”

“Who?”

“Ye Xiao and Ai Xia.”

13