Hecate: A Quiet Day
1.5k 10 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is the first of a series of short stories set in the same world as Part-Time Monster. This one specifically is a little violent, and a little smutty. Consider it an experiment. If that's not your thing, keep in mind that every story in this series will be a standalone short, so don't worry too much about what tone has been set here.

 

She woke up slowly, as if drifting to the surface of warm, calm consciousness. She found herself not covered by the sheets - not that the cold bothered her, anyway - and looked to her left, where she saw the burrito of blankets and sheets that was her love. She smiled and simply adored the shape for a minute, though it wasn’t recognisable beyond the golden hair protruding from the top of it.

She couldn’t resist, and leaned over to kiss the shape on what she hoped was the top of the head.

 

“Mrr,” the shape said.

 

“Good morning.”

 

“Good morning, Cate,” Gabrielle smiled as she rolled over. With unnatural grace, she wrapped an arm around Hecate’s waist and yanked her closer. Hecate could resist. Probably. Regardless, she didn’t, and found herself nose-to-nose with her personal archangel. 

 

“How did you sl--... mmf.”

 

Gabrielle was not in a talking mood, Hecate realized. Evidently. The soft lips on her own were a dead giveaway. 

 

“Mmmkay,” she mumbled as they rolled over onto one another, until Gabrielle lazily splayed herself on top of Hecate, gently caressing her crimson face with slender white fingers. 

 

“Mine,” she mumbled triumphantly.

 

“Yours,” Hecate said with a kiss.

 

“Forever?”

 

“As long as you’ll have me.”

 

“Forever.”

 

Gabrielle sat up, and realized she was straddling Hecate, who wasted no time putting her hands on her girlfriend’s hips. 

 

“Hel-lo,” Hecate said and looked up with a raised eyebrow, the hint of a smile playing on her lips. Gabrielle said nothing but loomed over Hecate with a glint in her eye, gently taking Hecate’s wrists and pinning them over Hecate’s head. There was a flash of light, and suddenly Hecate found herself struggling gently against golden chains. 

 

“Horns.” Gabrielle said. Hecate obliged happily, her horns growing out. Gabrielle softly stroked one of them and Hecate had to bite her lip to keep from squirming or, Hell forbid, moaning in a way that would give Gabrielle ammunition to tease her with. She didn’t last very long. Gabrielle was experienced, and a few seconds of massaging later had her Cate out of breath as if she’d just finished a hundred yard dash. 

 

Hecate looked up with a pleading look in her eyes. She couldn’t form words, her head swimming with the sensations Gabrielle expertly dished out, only squeaking gently.

 

“Do you want something, Cate?” Gabrielle teased. “Just say the word.”

 

Hecate couldn’t, of course, and Gabrielle knew it. Every time Cate tried to formulate words, she’d simply grab both horns and squeeze gently, sending her girlfriend reeling back into nonverbal squirming. 

 

Finally, Hecate managed, through sheer willpower, to utter “please.” Gabrielle leaned in close to her ear. Hecate could feel her hot breath and it was making her shudder. It would have been intense enough, even if Gabrielle hadn’t bitten down on her earlobe. Hecate’s back arched, held down only by Gabrielle’s weight. 

 

“Good girl,” Gabrielle finally whispered, and then bit Hecate’s neck. Now that the dam had burst, she found it impossible to control her noises, her moaning. Gabrielle didn’t mind. On the contrary, she did what she could with hands and teeth to elicit as many as she could. 

 

Hecate was close to begging when she felt an odd tugging sensation in the nape of her neck. Before she could say anything she was yanked backwards through the wall. Gabrielle tumbled off the bed. Furiously, she jumped up and looked through the hole that had been pulled through her house. Outside stood several figures clad in white, the tallest of which was brandishing a fiery sword. They were standing over Hecate, who lay on the ground. 


Gabrielle jumped out of the hole and landed on the grass with a dull thud. 

 

“What the fuck are you doing here?”

 

“We are here to clean up your mess, Gabriel.”

 

Gabrielle grit her teeth, and was about to fire back a retort, when a soft voice came from the ground. Hecate laid on her back as calmly as if she was back in bed.

 

“Gabrielle. Her name is Gabrielle.”

 

“Don’t you dare speak to me. Your judgement will come soon enough.”

 

“I’m only going to ask one more time, Camael, why are you here?”

 

A sword mirroring Camael’s materialized in her hand. “If you so much as hurt her I will turn the empty bucket you call a skull into an ashtray.”

 

“I see the demoness has already got her claws into you. Your language is unbecoming of a Servant of God. You, too, will be punished, in time. For consorting with the enemy.”

 

“What the fuck are you talking about?”

 

Hecate huffed with annoyance. She’d like to know, too.

 

“We received reports that you had isolated a General of Hell. We thought first it to be a clever ploy on your part, but it is clear now that it was… not that.” Camael looked at her with disdain, at the large shirt that hung to her knees.

 

“You will not stand in the way of us taking the enemy hostage.

 

“The war does not extend to my house, Camael. Let her go. We’re not interested in your war. She’s nobody’s general anymore, and neither am I.”

 

“Babe,” Hecate said. 

 

“Silence, Demon. You will prove a valuable bargaining chip.”

 

“Babe,” Hecate tried again.

 

“Yes, Cate?”

 

“Don’t worry about me.”

 

Gabrielle looked at her partner protectively.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah. Hey, angel, can I ask her something?”

 

Camael held the sword over Hecate’s head threateningly. “We will allow you one question, Hellspawn.”

 

“Cool. Hey Gabe, how attached to this dickhead are you?”

 

Gabrielle grinned with understanding.

 

“Not very.”

 

“Awesome.”

 

Before Camael’s confusion could give way to realization, Hecate grabbed the tip of the flaming sword. She didn’t even have the courtesy of sizzling. She yanked it aside as she got up in one smooth move, transforming as she did. She towered over the unbalanced archangel with a grin. The angel to her left moved to attack but she simply lashed out with a wing, inconveniencing him with incorporeality. His head bounced a ways into the grass.

 

“Camael, right?” She said. Her voice was as soft and smooth, like the edge of a very sharp blade. “You come to my girlfriend’s house and you brought your hateful little war with you. That was kinda fucking stupid of you, Cammie.”

 

Camael tried to speak, but she interrupted him with a right hook. He tried to deflect it with the sword. Her fist shattered the sword. He looked at the sword, confused. They were divine weapons, designed specifically to be wielded against the demonic forces. This shouldn’t have happened. He looked up at her again quizzically, his mouth still open in an unanswered question. She slapped the dumb expression off his face and broke his jaw.

 

“Tsk tsk, I didn’t ask you anything.”

 

He looked up at her with what she considered to be the appropriate amount of fear.

 

“Who are you?” One of the others stammered.

 

“Nunya,” Hecate glared. Her tail shot out and speared that one through. 

 

“Just know that out of the two of us, I’m the nice one.” She glanced back at Gabrielle, who was trying to look like she wasn’t incredibly proud of her girlfriend, and failing not to look a little turned on by the display. 

 

“Consider yourselves lucky,” Hecate said as she turned back to the remaining angels, and promptly sent them back to where they came from. Camael took a whole two extra hits. 

 

Hecate bounced over to Gabrielle.

 

“I didn’t go too hard, did I?” she said as she hugged her partner.

 

“Not at all. They deserved it. Besides, they’ll get a new body soon enough. But I think they learned their lesson.”

 

“If not, you can have at them next time, love.”

 

“Deal.”

 

She paused and gripped her now much-taller girlfriend by the waist and pulled her close.

 

“Now, where were we?”

 

“In the bedroom, I believe. Do you want me to…”

 

“No,” Gabrielle smiled. “Stay in this form. I like a challenge.”

 

They both smiled, and Gabrielle picked up her partner and flew her back to the second story of their house on golden white wings. 

 

The rest of the day was neither peaceful nor very quiet.

85