Coming Into Comfort In This New World!
5.4k 14 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*A COUPLE MONTHS LATER*

‘It’s been about a year since I’ve been with my new family and I have to say.. they are pretty cool.’ Antoine thought as his father was currently watching over him while his mom was at work.

‘My dad, Markus, is a sensitive and timid type of man. He much more like a loving caring wife than a husband, but I don’t mind it much. Except for the fact that he’s a worrywart. Whenever I try and crawl around the house, he is watching over me like a hawk or stops me and tries to distract me with toys. Just like he’s doing now…’

Markus was shaking the baby rattler after noticing Antoine was trying to crawl out of the living room again. He shook his head and sighed.

“Antoine… Why don’t you wanna play with your toys..?”

“Eiaheiuha” Antoine smacked the toy out of his dad’s hand with an angry face and began crawling away.

Although his father might be sad he’ll make it up to him later with a hug or something.

Antoine could hear his father sniffling behind him and knew he was about to start crying for no reason.

‘Oh dear… What would Alisha do…?’ He thought while watching Antoine slowly crawl out of the living room into his room.

He followed behind the casually dressed baby and saw him trying to open up his toy box filled with all sorts of toys.

Antoine could easily get rid of the lock by grabbing it and storing it into his inventory, but he couldn’t exactly do that with his father watching him with teary eyes. He pointed at the lock holding him back from his black chest filled with his toys while looking at his father.

“Nanadelahea.” He said.

“You want daddy to open your toy box?”

Antoine smacked the lock with his baby hands.

“Okay. Daddy will get you some more toys to play with then.” He softly smiled while wiping the tears away from his eyes.

Markus grabbed the key hanging on a nail high above the toy box and unlocked it before digging inside the toy box. He pulled out a tiny car and handed it to Antoine. Antoine smacked the toy on the floor before angrily speaking in baby speak. He then tried to climb inside the toy chest but he couldn’t muster the strength necessary to pull himself over and plopped back on the ground.

“What in the world could be in your toy box that you want so badly…?” Markus muttered as he saw Antoine about to cry after not being able to pull himself up.

Antoine hated being a baby. Everytime he got upset about something the waterworks would come soon flowing. He wasn’t able to control his bladder and asshole. He had to get help to do everything. It was overall awful but it has its nice moments at the times. His dad picked him up and helped him choose which toy he wanted and he pointed at his legos.

“You want the legos son?” Markus asked.

Antoine nodded and suddenly started wondering why his parent never freaked out at his strange behavior. A baby shouldn’t understand their parents so quickly. He knew he would immediately get his baby baptized if it showed such creepy intellect. But since it worked in his favor, he wouldn’t not use it to his advantage.

His father grabbed all the tiny lego blocks and set them on the floor. He sat on his knees and watched as Antoine began “playing” with the blocks. Antoine’s true objective of gaining access to these lego blocks was to test his skill.

‘Skills.’ He thought.

[ Craft – This skill defines you as a Craftsman! Build whatever you imagine with this skill as long as you have the required materials and energy necessary! As this skill increases in rank you can possibly build a giant fighting mecha robot! Or a freeze ray! Or even a high-tech armor capable of standing against the strongest of enemies. But these are only possible if you have the necessary knowledge and material needed.]

[2% increase in INT. 1% increase to all finished crafts’ efficiency.]

[Deconstruct - This skill will allow you to disassemble any material you can grab. The material will be sorted into a number of smaller materials unless you do not have the room to store the material. The skill will fail if there is nowhere to place the disassembled material. As this skill increases in rank, you will be allowed to deconstruct even skyscrapers with a single touch.]

[2% increase in INT.]

Antoine activated his Craft skill and suddenly a blank blueprint appeared on the floor. He jumped in surprised and tried to quickly cover it with his clumsy baby body.

“What are you doing laying on the floor like that Antoine? Is it a game?” Markus asked.

‘Can he not see the blueprint?’

Antoine eventually got himself back sitting upright and pointed at the blueprint while looking at his father. His father only smiled while looking as confused as ever.

“Is there something you want me to see boogie-bear?” Markus asked while rubbing Antoine’s hair.

“Pbldlejen.” Antoine responded before focusing back on his skill.

‘Now what should I build first… I know I won’t be able to fully exploit my skills until I get enough freedom to move around without an adult’s supervision but what item could be so simple even a clumsy uncoordinated baby can use?’ Antoine began pondering as his father looked at him making a thinking pose.

Markus took out his cell phone and began snapping pictures of a non-trouble making Antoine. Antoine was currently lost in his thoughts thinking of the perfect thing to build with these lego blocks and once he did, his father heard a ding come from the kitchen. Which meant that dinner is ready and mom will be home soon. His dad left him all alone in his playroom and Antoine quickly used this small moment of freedom to test his Craft skill. He mentally put together the item he wanted and his body began automatically placing the legos together.

[Host is currently in AUTO mode. Can disable by saying MANUAL mode.]

‘I wonder whats the penalty for using auto mode?’ Antoine thought as his body was getting close to finishing the item he wanted.

[There is no penalty for using AUTO mode.]

‘What does manual mode give me then?’

[MANUAL mode will reward host with more skill experience and a higher chance of receiving an additional skill effect on completed craft.]

‘Well shit negro, that’s all you had to say! Manual mode me baby!’ Antoine ordered the system as his body finally finished the object he wanted and suddenly the blueprint shifted to a 3d view.

[MANUAL mode is now enabled.]

‘Observe’

[Unnamed Lego Toy - A spontaneous creation that resembles some sort of key fused with a sword. A keyblade!]

[+1 Str, 1+ Agl, 2+ Vit added to stats.]

[A small chance of unlocking or locking any lock.]

[Cannot Slice, Slash, or Pierce through most things.]

[Host has been issued a mission!]

[A good craftsman has to know how to use his crafts! Practice with Unnamed Lego Toy for 1 hour.]

[Reward: Skill related to crafted item.]

Antoine stood up with imaginary video game music playing in his head as he held the lego keyblade up as high as he could. He started babbling off words that no one could possibly understand in excitement and suddenly heard his father’s footsteps coming back to the room.

‘AH! DAD YOU’RE COMING BACK TOO SOON! I DIDN’T EVEN GET TO USE IT!’ Antoine freaked out before hurriedly storing the toy keyblade in his inventory and sat down and starting sucking his thumb.

His dad came back smiling as he put on his dumb innocent baby act. Antoine was picked up by his father and he heard a car shutting off in the driveway.

‘Shark mom, or Alisha, is back home.’

“Mommy is home little Anth.” Markus said as he booped Antoine’s nose.

“Jhbargilblr yhrendabu”

“Yep that’s right Anth.” Markus responded.

It wouldn’t be till Shark mom and wife dad finished dinner that I would finally be free. Mom was currently placing me down in my bed smiling at him with those horrifyingly awesome shark teeth.

‘I swear I feel like a fawn staring into the jaws of a predator.’

“Goodnight Antoine. Mommy will get to play with you in the morning. Goodnight sweetums.” She kissed his forehead and turned on his lullaby toy hanging above his crib. She then turned and left as Antoine drifted off to sleep as soon as his toy started playing.

The door to his room closed and mom’s footsteps silenced. A few more minutes of nothing but bedtime lullabies played. Antoine’s eyes suddenly opened and he sat upright in his crib. He placed his ear against his crib to hear any faint sounds and only heard the sound of his toy turning off.

‘Perfect! Keyblade! Reveal yourself!’ Antoine mentally ordered as the lego Keyblade appeared in his tiny baby hand.

He began slowly swinging it in a manner expected of a baby born in a few months while giggling to himself for minutes on end until he got tired. He sat down sweating as the progress meter on the mission tab was about a halfway through.

‘Hehe… I wonder what skill I will get.. I hope it’s not something like swordsmanship because I’m definitely not fighting with a freaking sword in a superhero world! I only made it cause I thought it would be cool. And is it ever! It looks like an exact replica of the Keyblade too! I can’t believe the system even understood the reference and gave me a skill associated with that game! This is too awesome.’ Antoine fangirled until he managed to catch his breathe and continue to his mission progress.

[Mission Completed!]

[Gained 50 exp, Basic Swordsmanship skill]

‘FUCK! Basic swordsmanship….’ He thought.

[Basic Swordsmanship Lv1 – You have stepped onto the path of a true swordsman! Continue to practice with the blade young one and soon you will be able to slice even meteors apart.]

[2% damage increase with any sword-like weapon. 2% attack speed increase with any sword-like weapon. 3% increase to Str & Vit.]

[Color customization has been added to the Craft skill due to reaching Level 2.]

‘Sweet. Even though that skill looks awesome, I’m still not becoming a swordsman. What kind of asshole could I be if I bullied everyone using strength alone!? No no. I’m going to become a smart type of hero. An invention building type of hero! Hell if I manage to find a junkyard or something similar to that, I’m sure building my own gadgets and devices will be no problem at all! But first… I have to do a lot of studying… So much studying that building whatever crazy machine or invention I want will only be limited to the materials I have on hand or if it’s even possible to make it in this reality.’

So, Antoine set himself a goal for these next few years until it was time to reach U.A. Study his brain off, gain as many useful skills as he could, craft numerous tools, and excitedly wait for whatever his quirk will turn out to be in 3 years.

80