Obstacle Course!!!
1.7k 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The competitors took off towards the narrow entrance. Antoine sped ahead of the pack with his crafted gym uniform and was one of the first ones in the narrow hallway.

‘It won’t be long till that Icy-Hot fuck freeze this entire place…’ Antoine thought while narrowly dodging a strange attack from behind him. ‘Who the fuck!?’

Antoine turned around in anger and put up the middle finger to all the contestants behind him, bringing in a whole wave of rage and hate. He then hopped to the roof of the hallway and held himself there as Todoroki let off an ice blast in the crowded area. Most of the racers were trapped with their feet encased in ice while Antoine momentarily locked eyes with Todoroki and sneered at him before hopping out of the area and running ahead of the pack with Todoroki behind him. Todoroki was slightly annoyed but refocused his attention of gaining first place from the strangely fast Antoine. Soon after the rest of the students who managed to avoid Todoroki’s quirk followed behind him and the race was on again.

“GET BACK HERE AFRO!!!!” Antoine heard a fired up Bakugou yell from behind him.

“EAT MY ASS BAKUSHIT! HAHAHAHAH FUCKERS TRY AND GET ME!!” Antoine responded gleefully, surging the murderous spirit of the rest of the racers once more. To kick that afro kid’s ass and shut his mouth up.

The racers ran with a fierce collective desire to get Antoine out of first place and some even began to use their quirks in an attempt to slow him down.

“HEY WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT!? CAN THEY DO THAT?!” Antoine whined as he narrowly dodged the attacks and finally made it to the first barrier.

“ACCORDING TO THE RULES, ANYTHING’S FAIR GAME AS LONG AS OUR CONTESTANTS STAY IN BOUNDS. IT’S A HARSH GAME! ONLY THE BEST CAN MAKE IT!” Present Mic announced.

‘Hahahaha you shouldn’t have said that Mic guy! Anything goes!? I’m going to fucking destroy these mother fuckers.’

He saw a 1-pointer robot attempt to attack him and flashed his sharp teeth in a grin. He flipped over the arm of the robot as it neared him and within a flash bit straight through its arm.

“Every obstacle course needs obstacles!!! And we are starting with Robo Inferno!! Multiple 0-pointer robots from the hero course entrance exam and the other robot villains made for it.” Present Mic explained.

Antoine then ran towards the horde of zero-pointers.

“Even if I don’t have any of my tools, you fucks won’t slow me down.” Antoine told himself as he jumped out of the way of a zero-pointer trying to squish him with its giant hand.

He quickly ran back towards the hand and hopped on top of it. Antoine then started running atop of the huge robot’s arm and made his way towards its head.

“Wow look at Neil go! The kid decided to take the high road is now hopping from robot head to robot head!! How will the others catch up to this kid’s ingenious mind and extreme athletic ability!?” Present Mic announced.

Antoine showed off a sparkling smile towards the cameras and a thumbs up as he continued hopping from zero-pointer to zero-pointer. Todoroki just now finished off a zero-pointer behind him and took the low road through the robots’ legs. The rest of the competitors were either stopped by Todoroki’s robot crashing down near them or the smaller robots but it wouldn’t be long before some of the more talented students would get past the robots and continue with the race.

Antoine arrived at the tight rope part and began running across the tight ropes as if he was running on flat land! He ran full speed ahead across the tight ropes with the balance of a god.

‘With this suit on boosting my agility to the sky and my already naturally high agility stat, you think my balance could possibly be shit in the slightest?! I’m a fucking genius and I HAVE A SYSTEM!!’ Antoine yelled in his mind as he was nearing the final event. He looked back and noticed Todoroki a little bit behind him. He sneered.

“IF YOU TRIED A BIT HARDER, THIS WOULD BE A PIECE OF CAKE! HAHAHA BUT DON’T WORRY! I THINK YOU’LL DEFEAT MIDORIYA AT THIS PACE. SEE YA YOU ICY HOT FUCKER!!!” Antoine intentionally antagonized. He saw Todoroki speed up and his face crunch up a bit, but he still didn’t lose it.

“Damn.. His tolerance is pretty good. If he was a bit more talkative we could probably be best buds. I’ll have to talk to him more.” Antoine stated before running towards the last tightrope and on his way towards the final event.

“So, the first barrier was a piece of cake huh!? How about the second!? Fall and you’re out!! You gotta crawl across if you wanna make it!! This is the fall!” Present Mic said.

“That kid in front just can’t be stopped..”

“How is he so fast…? Didn’t he tear through that robot earlier? Does he have two quirks?”

“No that’s impossible. His teeth must be something inherited from his parents and the reason he’s so fast is the quirk.”

“That makes sense…”

Aizawa had a stern look on his face as he stared at Antoine.

“He wouldn’t..” Aizawa muttered while continuing to stare at the unnaturally fast Antoine. “I’ll have to check after this event..”

“AND THE LEADER OF THE RACE KEEPS BREAKING AHEAD, WHILE THE REST OF THE PACK IS BUNCHED UP! OUR RACERS DON’T KNOW HOW MANY WILL GET TO MOVE ON, SO ALL THEY CAN DO IS AIM FOR FIRST PLACE! AND OUR LEADER HAS REACHED THE FINAL BARRIER!! THAT IS TO SAY…. THIS MINEFIELD! IT’S A DEADLY AFGAN CARPET!! A QUICK GLANCE IS ALL IT TAKES TO REVEAL THE MINES’ LOCATIONS! SO, KEEP AN EYE OUT AND WATCH YOUR STEP NEIL!”

Antoine heart began beating slightly faster.

“I’m taking this idea from you Midoriya. Sorry not sorry.” Antoine grinned as he started carefully digging up mines and throwing them all into a big pile. But as he was doing this Todoroki managed to catch up and was shuffling as fast as he could through the minefield.

“DON’T LOOK BACK OR YOU’LL LOSE TODOROKI!! HAHAHAHAH DON’T ENJOY FIRST PLACE FOR TOO LONG!!!” Antoine mocked and caused the icy hot student to be slightly unnerved.

“AND WE HAVE A NEW LEADER EVERYONE!!! NEIL SUDDENLY STOPPED AND TODOROKI TOOK THE CHANCE TO MOVE ON AHEAD AND BECOME THE LEADER FOR HIMSELF!” Present Mic yelled as the audience cheered at this upset.

“He was doing perfect! Why’d he stop?!”

“Maybe he got scared?”

“He wasn’t scared of the humongous freaking robots but he’s scared of some mines!?!?”

“I don’t know! Let’s keep watching!”

Antoine continued to dig up mines and pile them all together as the rest of the racers made it. Bakugou blasted himself past Antoine. Other members of his class started reaching the final event as well and looked over at him curiously before running in the mine field themselves.

“See ya Afro bastard! Watch me take first place! These mines mean nothing to me!” Bakugou said as he blasted himself over the mines without any trouble.

“Alright.. This is a good amount. Let’s hope I didn’t overdo it.” Antoine said as the mines piled up high enough to match him in height.

Antoine went into his inventory and mentally clicked on the first item inside of it.

[Enhanced Tough Gym Uniform – This is the first creation in the gym uniform series that focuses on defense. It was created out of numerous very strong fibers. It is very resistant to tear, wear, damage, and more. It is practically indistinguishable from the regular U.A. gym uniform. A very tiny AI chip is present inside the fibers and can control the entire gym uniform when the wearer orders it.]

[+70 Vit added to stats when equipped.]

[+30 Str added to stats when equipped.]

[Any attacks towards the wielder are lowered by 5% in power every 5 hits. Buff is lost when user attacks or the enemy breaks their combo.]

[Regeneration is doubled for 10 minutes when severely harmed.]

[Toughness is increased moderately.]

His outfit was practically unchanged and didn’t even look as if it was swapped. Antoine grinned deviously before boosting himself up by jumping down hard on a mine that wasn’t part of his pile and curled up into a ball as he aimed himself towards the front part of his mine dump.

*BOOOOOM*

All the mines detonated in a giant pink explosion and a pink smoke cloud rose in irritation and fury. From that humongous cloud, A ball shaped figure exploded out from it!

“WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT!!! THERE'S A HUGE EXPLOSION IN THE BACK! WHAT’S WITH THAT FORCE!??! WAIT! TAKE A LOOK AT THAT! CLASS A NEIL IS HEADING FOR FIRST PLACE WITH THAT EXPLOSION!!” Present Mic commented.

Antoine very soon after that announcement passed the previously fighting Bakugou and Todoroki balled straight over the minefield.

“GET BACK HERE YOU AFRO BASTARD!!!!! YOU WON’T PASS ME THIS TIME!!!” Bakugou roared as his explosions increased in size and power and he blasted himself off to catch up with Antoine.

Todoroki clicked his tongue before resolutely making up his mind and deciding to use his quirk to catch up. He made an ice path that prevented the mines from exploding under him and boosting his speed to match Antoine and Bakugou. Antoine was currently spinning like a certain hedgehog and was barely able to comprehend his situation and current status. He managed to see Bakugou and Todoroki heatedly trying to catch up to him.

‘That flexibility perk was more useful than I thought…’ Antoine thought as Midoriya finally came into the fray as well with the same plan he stole from the green-headed boy.

Antoine uncurled himself and began running on his two feet again as they left the minefield and were headed towards the stadium.

“AHAHAHA YOU TWO FUCKS ARE STILL ON MY HEELS HUH!?” Antoine yelled as he pushed a certain part of his outfit and suddenly threw a sharp elbow at Bakugou’s side and momentarily stopped him before quickly turning around with a roundhouse kick towards Todoroki. Todoroki managed to dodged the kick but not the following knee to the stomach afterwards and was also stopped just like Bakugou.

Antoine then saw Midoriya catching up and grinned as he stood in front of the boy like a brick wall refusing all entry. Todoroki and Bakugou were still recovering as Midoriya stopped.

“DON’T STOP! THIS IS A RACE YOU KNOW! COME ON CABBAGE HEAD! BETTER YET I’LL COME TO YOU!” Antoine decided as he ran towards Midoriya with an easily telegraphed right punch.

‘Fall for it you fuck. I dare you..’

But unlike what Antoine wished to happen, Midoriya dodged his attack and continued forward with the race. Antoine’s previous fighting face slowly turned blank.

“Well okay then… YOU CAN’T RUN FOREVER CABBAGE HEAD!” Antoine yelled as he swapped his uniform back to agility and ran towards the stadium with Midoriya, Bakugou, and Todoroki.

“WELL IT WAS QUITE THE BRAWL NEAR THE END FOLKS! LET’S SEE WHO MANAGED TO MAKE IT BACK FIRST TO THE STADIUM..!!”

From the finishing hallway, A slightly smoking and half frozen figure came out with a huge smile on their face.

“AND IT IS NONE OTHER THAN THE ANTOINE NEIL!!!! THE ONE WHO WAS LEADING THE RACE FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME!!” Present Mic revealed.

“That’s my baby!!!!!” Alisha cheered out in her home.

“That’s our boy..!” Markus teared up.


“Isn’t that….” A mysterious figure muttered to himself as he scratched his face.

“Quite the vicious one isn’t he?”


“I think I remember him from somewhere… Doesn’t he look familiar…?”

“Probably your imagination.”

“No wait.. Isn’t he the kid from that one video!?”

“Oh my god you’re right!! He defeated that sludge villain!”


Antoine waved at the audience as Midoriya, Todoroki, and Bakugou were gaining their breath.

“Again…! That Afro bastard managed to defeat me…!!!” Bakugou muttered in anger and disbelief.

“He’s so scary but at the same time.. amazing.. but I can’t let this get me down.. This isn’t the end! I just have to try harder.” Midoriya said to himself.

Aizawa had sent some pro heroes part of the staff to look at Antoine for any signs of equipment or gadgets and they said that he was clean. Aizawa specifically requested for heroes who could see past clothes and such.

“But then how did he…?” Aizawa was starting to get stressed over his student even more so than he usually does.

“Antoine!!! What kind of training could you do in 2 weeks that could possibly allow you to get that fast!?” Yuga accusingly questioned.

“I’m a genius you know. What am I not capable of?”

Toru came over breathing heavily.

“Wow.. How’d you get so fast Antoine..? Was it another gadget..?” Toru asked.

“Nope. Just pure intense working out.” Antoine replied while flexing his non-existent muscles.

The two stared at him with obvious disbelief on their faces before nodding to each other and surrounding Antoine.

“Hey hey.. get away from me. What the hell are you two planning?” Antoine said, attempting to back up.

Toru held onto his shoulder as Yuga started patting him down.

“HEY! I HAVE RIGHTS! I DON’T CONSENT! HELP I’M BEING RAPED!!” Antoine yelled as Toru and Yuga checked his entire person.

After not managing to find anything, they stared at Antoine even harder.

“We know you’re cheating somehow Antoine.. Even if we can’t prove it or find whatever made you so fast. Just know that you’re a total jerk.” Yuga said.

“Yep yep! Totally uncool Antoine.” Toru added.

Antoine sighed.

‘These bastards just had to guilt trip me didn’t they?’

“Fine. You bastards are lucky you’re my friends or I’d kick the shit out of you for even suggesting I was cheating. Come here.” He told them and they huddled up. “Once you get the chance, press this button and switch into the outfits inside..” Antoine whispered as he reached behind him and pulled out two tiny metal boxes from his inventory and held it out for Toru and Yuga.

“I didn’t say I wanted to cheat too..!” He angrily whispered.

“Then what the fuck did you want? I thought you were pissed because you wanted part of the cut.”

“I meant that we shouldn’t cheat at all..!”

“Listen Yuga. A hero always has to do his absolute best, even when he’s at a severe disadvantage. This is simply me doing my best to overcome the unfair odds stacked against me. I’m only fighting in a way that I can. Being a hero is all about rising up past your limits and doing even greater than you were before. And this sports festival, not allowing me to use my shit, was the perfect way for me to breakthrough and realize a new way of using my strength.” Antoine explained.

Yuga was stumped… Even though he knew he was in the right, Antoine explanation was too sound.. He internally battled with himself before eventually giving up and succumbing to Antoine’s plot. He sighed before unwillingly taking the box.

“I still won’t use it! I’m just taking it off of your hands and keeping it for safe keeping.”

Antoine’s face turned evil and sinister as he rubbed his hands and lowly cackled.

“Good…. Good… That’s the way my dear friend Yuga Aoyama.… Come to the dark side….”

“I’ll be fine without it!” Toru refused resolutely.

“Completely admirable. You’re the true star and shining beacon in this friendship Toru.” Antoine said reverting back to his normal self. “Much more admirable than a certain sparkly bastard.”

“WAIT! TAKE MINE TOO!” Yuga suddenly said.

“HAHA NO TAKE BACKS!!!” Antoine dashed off as Midnight announced that the top 42 from the qualifying round will move on.

“Now on to the second event!! I already know what it is, of course…” Midnight announced. “Dying in suspense yet?! Next up is THIS!!” She gestured to the electronic board behind her.

[CALVARY BATTLE]

‘What kind of method should I use this time around….’ Antoine thought as Midnight explained the rules of the cavalry battle to everyone.

“Participants will, on their own form teams of two to four members each and get into a horse-and-rider formation! The rules are fundamentally the same as those of an ordinary cavalry battle. Snag your opponents’ headbands while guarding your own but with one exception..” She dragged for dramatic effect. “Each of you has been assigned a point value based on your ranking in the last event! So, the point value of each team depends on its members.”

“Your individual point values start at 5, at the bottom! So, the student in 42nd place is worth 5 points, 41st is worth ten.. Get it? But… First place participant is worth TEN MILLION POINTS!!!” As soon as she said that, everyone whipped their heads towards Antoine.

He grinned before bursting into laughter.

“JUST TRY AND TAKE ME DOWN YOU BUNCH OF FUCKING LOSERS! I’M THE FUTURE #1 PRO HERO! DON’T EVER FORGET IT!” He shouted in a non-heroic manner.

This only served to fuel everyone’s already blazing dislike towards Antoine even more. Flames could be seen erupting from a few people’s eyes and a volcano could be seen erupting from Bakugou’s.

“It looks like first place is just as fired up as the other competitors! This survival game is a chance for a comeback. It’s anyone’s game!” Midnight announced. “There’s more suffering ahead for those at the top. This is PLUS ULTRA!

“The match will last 15 minutes. Each team’s points are determined by its members. The rider will wear a headband displaying the total number of points! Until the match ends, you’ll all compete to grab each other’s points and maintain the ones you have. Any headbands you grab must be worn around the neck or higher. But the more headbands you’ve got, the harder they’ll be to manage! Most importantly, even if your headband is taken and even if your horse formation is broken…. It’s not over ‘til it’s over!” Midnight explained. “Quirks are allowed, so it’ll be a brutal battle! However.. It’s still a cavalry battle!! Maliciously attacking another team with the intent of making them fall will get you a red card! And that means your out of the game!”

“Damn..” Antoine cursed.

“You’ve got 15 minutes! Time to form your teams!” Midnight announced.

38