Chapter 34: A Taste for Butterflies
426 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vivienne, however, spoke calmly, "When I was still connected to the formation center, the so-called 'piss fountain'," and as she voiced that phrase, a deadly light shone within her eyes focused on Zhen Shi, "and we fought each other, I noticed that you were linked to both the Azure Dragon and Vermillion Bird Bloodlines. As a human, being connected to any of the legendary Divine Beast Bloodlines is already unprecedented, and yet you have connections to two of them!"

Myne fell into thought and spoke as well, "And for some reason, you were also accepted into the 'Anti-Harem Valley' despite being innocent... And then you were also able to absorb all of that exploding divine aether as if it was a simple piece of pie!"

Vivienne smiled as she finished, "As such, impossible reasoning must be applied to impossible situations! A physique that allows cultivation progress for killing will no longer be impossible!"

Myne nodded in agreement, "I suppose your 'special' physique must be something similar to the unexplainable magic that allows me to peer into the strings of fate..."

Zhen Shi raised a curious eyebrow as he asked, "Oh yeah. You mentioned this fate magic before... How does it work? Can you see the future with it?"

Myne shrugged and explained with a sigh, "I don't have control over it. Basically, if my eyes go completely black at any time, then I will see a sentence containing information that will definitely be true. It will be definite and unchangeable. But most of the time it's just annoying..."

Zhen Shi was intrigued by this. But before he could ask anything else, Vivienne spoke out in a serious tone, "Still... Brother, you should remember to keep the nature of your physique a secret. In fact, it would've been better if you didn't tell us at all."

Zhen Shi grinned, "No worries. It's just you guys. Besides, didn't Myne do the same for me with his fate magic?"

Myne laughed heartily while saying, "Good! Good! Our brother has such a crazily overpowered physique! I'm sure fate has interesting things in store for you! Perhaps we could even regain control over our laws by following you..."

Vivienne shook her head with a smile, "Alright. For now, let's just forget it." Opening the lid of the pot on the fire she said, "Little Bro, I did my best on the Butterfly!"

And the moment the lid was removed, an amazing hunger-inducing aroma wafted out.

Zhen Shi was dumbfounded as he muttered, "Butterfly can actually be this good? I can smell Clinthorpe, Clutter Grass... and... is that... Mara Root?" Using a combination of the enhanced bestial sense of smell, along with the knowledge from the System's skill book he could easily identify the ingredients.

It was Vivienne's turn to be surprised as she asked back, "Brother Zhen Shi is also familiar with herbology? This stupid husband of mine despises herbology. It's good to know that you don't."

Zhen Shi was puzzled by her words. Not the part where Myne despised Herbology, but the part where she called Myne her husband. He was aware that Myne and Vivienne were lovers, but when the hell did they get married? But he didn't dare to intrude by asking...

Myne grimaced unhappily, "It's not Blacksmithing or Aritificing, of course. But Herbology is a fine profession... as long as you make pills of course..." but suddenly turned to Vivienne with a regretful look. He hurriedly spoke out, "Let's just eat now..." as he grabbed a bowl of butterfly meat and began to eat.

Vivienne stayed silent for a few seconds. But, almost instantly, she smiled with hopeful eyes and spoke to Zhen Shi ignoring Myne, "Little Bro, you should eat as well. Or this shameless fellow will
finish all of it."

Just barely noticing the strange atmosphere, Zhen Shi laughed as he grabbed a bowl himself. And the moment he bit into the Butterfly meat an indescribably amazing taste assaulted his mouth... ლ(´ڡ`ლ).

'Damn! I may actually get hooked on this delicious taste!'

Unable to control himself, Zhen Shi continued to stuff himself, "This tastes amazing! This part is spicy, this portion is crunchy... and this is sweet! Vivienne, how could you make that gross butterfly into this...with only 3 herbs?" and asked unceremoniously with a full mouth.

As Vivienne smiled at his words, Myne hurriedly spoke out in praise as well, "Of course! My wife is a top tier divine chef! It takes more than knowledge on beast materials and herbology to make a perfect dish... But not to worry! As long as we follow you, there is no need to worry about food!"

Vivienne pouted as she complained, "And yet you despise herbology..."

Myne could only laugh and scratch his head awkwardly.

Suddenly, Vivienne turned to Zhen Shi and asked, 'Little Bro, now that you have reached the stage of Soul Formation when will you properly acknowledge your Class? I assume you'll be an Archer? After all, it would be a waste for a warrior that comprehended both Bow and Arrow Intent before reaching the Soul Primary Stage to not become an Archer..."

Zhen Shi nodded sorrowfully, while thinking mockingly, 'Yay! Archer all the way! I mean it isn't that bad... and I can always pretend to be a Swordsman, which may turn out to be even more fun...'

Nevertheless, he asked back with a mouthful of food, "By the way, Is it possible to have more than one Class?"

Myne answered almost immediately, "Well... it isn't impossible. I'm sure you are aware that there is an almost infinite number of classes?

But... most of them can basically be divided into two main categories. As Warriors; those who wield Weapons and use Weapon Intent, and Mages; those who wield Spells and use Mana. In such a case, a Warrior may specialize in more than one type of weapon or a Mage can practice more than one school of Magic. In this way, a cultivator can have more than one class. And in the end, almost every cultivator does try this in order to widen their scope of talent later on.

But, of course, there are classes that do not fall into either category, such as Proclaimers who follow the path of perfecting the Divine Würd, and those that partially fall into both categories, such as the Divine Prophets who borrow Divine aether and blessings from the Gods. But, if nothing has changed since we'd left, it is very rare for a cultivator to be both a Proclaimer and a Divine Prophet.

Then again I've met people in distant lands that cultivate extremely unusual aspects...

Not to mention cultivators that convert side-professions into their primary class and solely focus on that... Their classes may be any side-professions including but not limited to Divine Chef, Formation Masters, Alchemists, and Blacksmiths! And the most strange part? Those that succeed in such paths are not one whit weaker than any ordinary cultivator... sometimes even stronger!"

Zhen Shi nodded thoughtfully. Most of what Myne had told him had been knowledge that was not within Butler Alec's library. He had always been aware of the importance of choosing a suitable class... but had not known that it would be this complex! If this was true, didn't this mean that the possible combinations of classes were limitless?

Zhen Shi felt his inner bookworm shiver in ecstasy as he thought about learning as much as possible... He wasn't particularly interested in being a Proclaimer of a Divine Prophet, simply because they were intricately connected to the Divine Organizations.

But he WAS pretty interested in being a mage... As such, he asked, "Is it possible for a Warrior to be a Mage as well?"

Myne's eyes widened at this question. After a few minutes, he finally spoke out, "Well... theoretically it should be possible. Even if you were a Warrior at first, you should be able to use some sort of Magical Item to forcibly create the Mage title. But... Warriors need Weapon Intent and Mages need Mana. So having both classes will effectively halve your energy capacity. Unless... you can somehow manage to switch between the two of them and use the two classes separately?"

Vivienne interrupted him and explained as the voice of reason, "BUT it is not a very good idea. While it is possible to do this, there is a reason that there are no records of Dual Classed Mage/Warriors ever being successful. This is because it will be very difficult to manage progress in both of them... Not to mention the improvement you'd have to maintain in both Weapon Intent and your Original Magic..."

Myne nodded as well, "And as a skilled Archer, you already have two types of intent to worry about!"

Zhen Shi fell into thought. He could very easily continue his cultivation with the system. Not to mention that his archery progress will be rather easy due to the Supreme Archery Talent. He could already sense that he was very close to reaching the next level of weapon intent...

Thus he decided that he could afford to waste some time as a Mage.

So he flicked his hand revealing a fireball of Hel's Flare and asked, "Will this be good enough to activate the Mage Class?"

Myne carefully observed the fire for a few seconds with curious eyes and finally nodded.

But, he flicked his own hand revealing the familiar Blue flame and asked, "That fire is a type of Underworld Flame right? It's nowhere near as strong as this Underworld Flame I stole, *cough*, borrowed from a Frost Giant, but... I can sense that your's is rather unique... Where'd you get it?"

Zhen Shi scratched his head and finally said, "Umm... it's a part of my special physique?"

Myne was speechless but finally nodded with a shake of his head, "This physique of yours is way too Overpowered... I feel sorry for your peers..."

Nevertheless, he continued in a serious tone, "Both Vivienne and I are primarily Mages. But we also have side-professions. For instance, Vivienne is a Divine Chef and a Herbalist. And I'm a Blacksmith as well as a Formation Master. But Formation Master is a Sub-class of Mage, and the Formation that trapped all of us in that valley is the Strongest Spell of my original Formation Magic! So remember. You will always be free to pursue as many side-professions as you want. But selecting the primary class should be done carefully..."

Zhen Shi nodded in understanding. But he had already made up his mind. He swallowed the last of the food and said, "Don't worry. I'll wrap it up before tomorrow!"

Both Myne and Vivienne broke out laughing, "That indeed sounds like something you'd say!"

Zhen Shi was confused as to what was funny when he suddenly sensed his cultivation increase! He turned to the due in surprise and asked, "This... can the food actually improve your cultivation?"

Vivienne nodded with a smile, "Of course! Divine Chefs don't cook food just for taste. Good food can improve your cultivation and strengthen your foundation. After all, since we can go hungry for so long, there should be a good reason to eat, right?"

Zhen Shi nodded and said, "In that case, Big Sis, thanks for the delicious food! I'll go now and let the two of you get 'reacquainted'," while walking away with a knowing wink.

In response, Myne grinned goofily while Vivienne blushed. As Zhen Shi left, Vivienne asked in a worried tone, "Myne, do you think it will be fine? Should we try to stop him from cultivating dual classes?"

Myne shrugged and replied, "We shouldn't interfere. It's Zhen Shi's choice. Besides, you saw his talent in Archery right? If he is unable to keep up his Magic at a similar level and quickly comprehend a Magical Law, he will automatically lose the Mage title when he reaches the Law Primary Stage. So there is nothing to worry about."

But he goofily grinned once more as he smoothly sauntered towards Vivienne, "More importantly... as Bro said... we should get 'reacquainted'..."

Sorry about this. This one ended up being pretty info-dumpy. The next one will be different! A slap out of nowhere! XD

___________________________________________________________________________________

Weekly Chapter: (3/5)
System Quest: For First Bonus Chapter, Required Power Stones (24/100) https://www.webnovel.com/book/15662755406682705/Godly-Otaku-Divine-System

15