Chapter 62: Sea Fortress
193 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hundreds of soldiers surrounding the pavilion immediately obeyed his command.

They unsheathed their weapons, ranging from swords to axes and staves to spears, lifting them up towards the sky in a rather ominous and inhuman manner. Powerful globes of multi-colored qi began to gather at the tip of each weapon, pausing for just a single moment as they absorbed gain sufficient power.

Instantly, each of these globes exploded with fiery light and propelled skywards at rapid speed leaving streaks of different colors in the sky.

Clap!

Lord Turnbull clapped his hands causing each of the globes to explode in another burst of light which instantly empowered their flight. With the additional speed, the powerful globes of light reached the maximum height of their projection in just a single instant.

In the next instant, they swerved downwards almost as if under the effect of gravity, leaving a magnificent arch of hundreds of colored streaks up in the sky... it was a stunning mystical rainbow! A streak of sheer beauty with the sky as the canvas!

But to Zhen Shi and the rest, this created a sense of grave danger and urgency. The colors of the hundred-fold rainbow even had a strange mesmerizing effect that had brought Zhen Shi into its thrall, leaving him defenseless for just a single moment.

Fortunately, Myne had been completely unaffected and had even been throwing dozens of strange bronze globes into the air.

Each of these globes exploded to release formation talismans formed from a strange colorless aether, almost as if the formation talismans had been stored within each globe. It appeared that these talismans were formed from an aether that was strangely similar to Myne's original time law.

Click Click.

With a flick of Myne's hands, each of the formation talismans began to click together as if they were puzzle pieces forming a complex grand picture.

The majority of the talismans surrounded the three of them up on the pavilion roof, while a few remained dormant in the surroundings. Bit by bit, they formed into thick impenetrable walls, finally forming a majestic fortress of silver-grey bricks.

The silver fort should've been out of place with the golden pavilion just below it, but strangely enough, they weren't.

The remaining formation talismans settled at a level just below the top of the fort.

Suddenly, Vivienne who had been silently standing behind Myne smiled. She too had been unaffected by the mesmerizing rainbow of colors up above.

She calmly stretched her hands forwards and placed them on Myne's back. He smiled as he felt her smalls hands on his back, providing her thoughts and understanding of water. And just when her hands touched his back, the remaining formation talismans linked together in a complex manner and slowly stabilized forming into a vast mysterious sea.

The sea surrounded the fort, finally forming the image of a Sea Fortress!

Zhen Shi who had finally broken free of the mesmerizing effect was made speechless by this stunning image. For a moment, he was also confused, 'How did Vivienne use her water law? Didn't she sacrifice it back in the Valley of No Return?'

Rather curious and confused, Zhen Shi fell into thought even going so far as to examine the scholarly library until he finally understood.

The Law sacrifice referred to an offering to the primordial will of the world, where one sacrificed one's right to harness the power of a particular law in return for an unbelievable level of power in a short time period.

However, the 'right to harness a law' and the 'understanding one possessed about the same law' are two different things. And what Vivienne had just used had to be her understanding and conception of the law of elemental water.

It was part of a person's knowledge. Even if you lost your cultivation and power, conception and understanding would remain.

Now that he had solved the problem, Zhen Shi turned his one normal eye and one golden eye back to the fortress formation in an attempt to analyze and learn from it.

It was an old fortress. The worn surface of the bricks and the occasional hint of growing moss revealed that it had stood against the effects of time. It created a heart-wrenching image, one where the fortress had led a life of solitude as the dreary sea rolled in timeless waves. It caused the onlookers, even the soldiers under the effect of Lord Turnbull's würd, to stare in awe and surprise.

Thrum!

A powerful wave of aether spread out as the image of the Sea Fortress settled down and the formation was fully formed.

The colorful orbs of death descending from the sky collided with this wave, but only moved slightly as if they had passed over a sea-wave. Nevertheless, the small movement caused a rather noticeable blemish on the perfect curving arch of the rainbow, as it now had a small bump that was rather out of place.

Zhen Shi stared on in amazement using <Odin's Missing Eye> trying to comprehend even a bit of this amazing formation from within.

Almost at the same time, the colorful orbs crashed on the silver brick walls.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

A series of explosions rang out as each orb exploded in a blast of color just below the even more colorful but crooked rainbow, which was still rather odd-looking due to the sudden bump in its arch.

On the other hand, despite the ongoing bombardment, besides the occasional shake, the silver fortress was completely fine. Just like it had survived the trials of time, it just bravely stood on against the colorful explosions...

Lord Turnbull was completely flabbergasted! That was a series of Law Holding peak attacks, a bombardment that could've easily decimated a small city!

'Where the hell did this mysterious formation pop up from? And so quickly? Weren't those disciples just a bunch of youngsters with their cultivation still in the Soul Primary Tier? And is that conception of law that can be seen from amidst the formation talismans? Who the hell are these people?'

Nevertheless, Lord Turnbull, who still had a few tricks up his sleeve, was only more annoyed than fearful. And this impossible situation only served to increase his desire to put these troublesome disciples out of commission. As such, he proceeded to increase the power of his attacks...

Meanwhile, Zhen Shi who was inside the safety of the fortress formation was in a bit of a conundrum, 'I always used to laugh until my sides hurt at those fellows who were shameless enough to completely depend on their skilled teammates instead of fighting by themselves, but... aren't I the one being CARRIED ACROSS right now?'

6