Vol. 4 CH. 1 – On the way to….
294 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 4 CH. 1 – On the way to.....

PART #1

Kyoushiro showed Mikoto around Ambrosia. The marvelous buildings, the tall walls that shields the people from the monsters outside and the towering monoliths, with ancient inscription carved on it's surface. These were all part of Ambrosia, the flower that bloomed from under a rubble.

It was a wonderful place for the people of this world. It has its own traffic system with many cars driving by. Roads we're safe, cleaned and maintained by worker golems and people didn't have to worry about what they eat the next day.

Various shops even opening up. Sweets, restaurants and even souvenirs shops. The once old tailor shops that only sold worn out third hand clothing were now clothing shops with newer clothes to sell. 

Mikoto was speechless by the numerous shops and restaurants opened in Ambrosia. Unlike most cities in this world, you'd only find weapons stores set up in the market place with magic item shops next to it. Clothing shops were hard to come by as most tailors only make clothes for the nobles.

Commoners have to make their own clothes and if not, by some second hands in other stores which cost money.

However Ambrosia was different. Kyoushiro had made the machines on earth recreated into this one. It wasn't because he wanted to show off. But rather, he felt the convenience of things lacking. Carriages and cart are to rickety to ride on and hard on his hips. Monsters are all over the place most of all and there were than enough hungry kids in the city that you just can't help but be feel bad about them.

Thugs showed up from corners of houses and buildings and prostitutes smell like they haven't bathe in seven months. On top of that, the irritating houses with now proper bathrooms and toilets were enough to make Kyoushiro go mad.

So Kyoushiro gladly rebuilt the city's sewerage system. He introduced indoor plumbing to everyone and taught them common hygiene. It was hard on the nose when most of the grown men you came near had flies flying around their armpits.

So after beating up the leader of the ruined city once, Kyoushiro took over and become it's king. Is what people call him in Ambrosia despite him not even wanting the title at all.

And so, the buildings we're made. People have gotten enough jobs to feed their family for about three months and many kids didn't go hungry. The once thugs ruling the city in fear we're now proud soldiers protecting it. The head of that thug group was now the Head Commander of the Black Army.

However, there was always one thing that Kyoushiro liked about Ambrosia.

"Ah... sorry"

"No, it's alright"

A stranger accidentally bumped into Kyoushiro while walking in the plaza. The person seemed to human with the same dark hair and eyes as Kyoushiro. Just that, the person didn't recognize Kyoushiro at all despite him being everywhere in Ambrosia in the past.

"It's really good not to have people crowding you all the time"

Kyoushiro muttered with a smile.

In Ambrosia, there were many guys always trying to impersonate Kyoushiro. Not that he care about it in the first place. Because if someone even used his name, then they had to prove that by ordering a Magic Iron Knight.

Most of those would be heroes tried and failed. It was easy to imagine how blasters work on human flesh.

"You seem to be happy Kyoushiro-kun"

"Yeah... well, it's this type of thing that no one calls me embarrassing nicknames"

Kyoushiro was someone who grew up in a harsh place. His relatives didn't care what he did so long as he produced money. He had to work at an early age, forgetting the fact he was still around grade school and middle school. He worked under Mafia homes as a gopher and did miscellaneous jobs like pickpocketing and going around collecting debt from people.

There wasn't a good memory during that period in his life. 

"So? You hungry?"

"Yes, but if this was Earth, we'd go to the movies first before eating though"

Mikoto made a bit of a disappointed face since despite being technologically advanced, there were no Cinemas in Ambrosia. Though there were billboards, their functions were only for Arianne doing public announcements. There isn't even a person making news in Ambrosia. It was really hard to bring the common knowledge on earth to this world as no one has any interest in showing the populace the happenings inside a kingdom.

If this was Earth, Kyoushiro's face would always be on the news and even more so, Lucinda, Mikoto and Arianne.

Sad to say, but Kyoushiro was happy about that fact.

"I'm not omnipotent nor omniscient. There's a limit to what I can do"

Kyoushiro could only "teach" as much as he could to the people of this world. However, even as a person, he has a lack of complete knowledge about anything else beyond second year highschool academics. Most of the inventions in this world were pretty much developed by the Dwarves, elves and dark elves in Ambrosia.

How would Kyoushiro make powerful golems and massive ships if he didn't have the help of the skilled dwarves or the magically intelligent elves and dark elves? The only reason Kyoushiro's name would always be in the mouths of those he helped was that they didn't recognize their efforts in building something they don't understand. If they could, Kyoushiro wouldn't be called "Black Hero" all the time.

"Hmm.... I guess you're right"

Mikoto beamed a smile as she snugged herself on Kyoushiro's shoulder before pulling him towards the exit of the plaza.

It was funny as to no one even in the plaza recognize his name when there was a huge statue of him standing right behind the person himself.

After eating, the two went to the Castle. Kyoushiro had to inform Arianne about his plans on leaving to continue his trip.

"Kyou-san, welcome back"

Kyoushiro was greeted by Edsel, the elf mother he had met in Calladium. Unlike in the past where she wore excessively skin-exposed clothing, this time, she was wearing a appropriate attire for work. Just that, despite the baggy purple robe, her curves still sticks out.

"Thank you for letting me and my daughter stay in this castle"

"It's nothing. Anyways, I'll be leaving again. Since Arianne manages this place alone, I hope you could help take over the other half of that work for her. Let her shoulders ease up bit"

"Fufufu.... certainly"

Edsel chuckled as Kyoushiro showed a different side she didn't expect when it comes to the Queen of Ambrosia. However the other member of his trio of wives didn't seemed to have liked the idea of Kyoushiro getting goody-goody on other women or it might be because Edsel had large proportions than her.

Mikoto narrowed her eyes and with a dangerous dark smile, she tugged on Kyoushiro's sleeve.

"Hey, it looks like you've yourself another woman to make your wife"

"Huh? What the he– It's not like that! Geez! I only helped her while in Calladium. No need to look at me like that....."

Kyoushiro wasn't stupid enough to not notice Mikoto's thoughts behind her smile, he immediately told Mikoto what happened without even sparing a single word. Edsel gave her own comment on his story, further giving concrete truth to the story.

Though it wasn't very seen clearly, but the faint blushed on Edsel's cheeks as she recalls being rescued like a damsel in distress was quite something.

"Heeeh.... is that so? You saved her from bandits?"

"Does women always try to look into their partner's mind just because you guys doubt them?"

As always, Kyoushiro found women a mystery for him.

After such exchange, Edsel lead Kyoushiro and Mikoto to Arianne. As the three past through the halls, the maids who were working on the side all stopped and lowered their heads whenever Kyoushiro walked by.

Kyoushiro made a stiff face along the way as he was still wasn't used to such treatment.

"Your Majesty, Kagami-sama has come to see you"

"So you can say my name properly...."

Edsel made a cute grin while sticking out her tongue slightly as she silently implied "Sorry". Mikoto merely scoffed at that and walked towards Arianne, who was busy talking to some people. Looking closer, they were merchants from other countries outside the wasteland.

"She seems busy"

"It's been like this ever since you opened up a [Gate] in Travestin Kyou-san"

Apparently, there have been merchants coming from Travestin's side trying to come in contact with Arianne. Kyoushiro doesn't mind if they were only here to do business but there was no way he would let them go free if they did something to the people of Ambrosia.

Moreover.....

"Eh? Kyou-san?"

"Kyoushiro-kun? Where are you....."

Kyoushiro walked towards the group Arianne was talking to. Purposely, Kyoushiro made his footsteps louder to make himself known. When the merchants turned around, they all showed a very disgusted face towards him.

These bastards....– Kyoushiro got ticked just by looking at their face.

"Ah! Kyoushiro! Welcome back!"

"Yeah, i'm back but it looks like I caught you at a bad time"

When Arianne run passed the merchants and jumped to Kyoushiro's chest, the merchants' eyes went wide. Kyoushiro smirked at such reaction from the clueless merchants.

Arianne sparked a huge smile on her face as she welcomed Kyoushiro with a kiss on the cheek.

"You should have told me you were coming. I could made the staff make something special"

"I know you were busy after the [Gate]s opened and all. I don't want to trouble you even more"

The exchange of the two were sweet. However, the jaws of the merchants who looked at him like some washed out commoner that just entered the castle were all-over the floor. They couldn't believe what they've just saw. 

Naturally, Kyoushiro made a smug look.

"Muu.... you scared me a bit back there"

Mikoto walks to Kyoushiro's back and adorably held Kyoushiro's shoulder. Kyoushiro looked back and apologized for that but he couldn't help doing it because of the merchants that just looked down on him.

"Sorry about that. We'll go to Paracellumn's gate as soon as I'm done here. Well, I might be already"

Kyoushiro's suggestive smirk made the merchants snapped back to reality. Immediately, they approached Kyoushiro with fake smiles and sweaty hands.

"A-Ah! So you must be the esteemed hero, Kyoushiro Kagami!"

"A pleasure to meet the famed Black Hero of the wastelands!"

"Please, do spare some of your time to get acquainted good sir"

It was like turning a complete 180°. The merchants immediately tried it get Kyoushiro's favor but it was obvious that they have their own agenda. Kyoushiro though, who had seen some of these types on earth before, just smiled at them.

"No, I'm busy myself. We only came to tell Arianne that me and Aizawa will be heading towards Paracellumn to meet up with the other heroes. Also, looks like you guys are busy as well"

"N-No, no, no!!! W-We politely oblige! Please, do spare us some time for a cup of tea!"

"Yeah, I'm a coffee kind of guy so no. Well, I'll see you later Arianne. I'll come again once I arrived at Oceanus"

It was a lie that Kyoushiro doesn't enjoy a cup of tea, Arianne did taught him the taste of tea but saying that right here would ruin the moment. Kyoushiro just showed a complacent smile while placing both his arms around Mikoto's and Arianne's shoulder.

"I'm just here to visit Arianne and all. Plus, I still have a date with Mikoto. I'm too busy right now"

"....kh.."

Kyoushiro saw the vexed faces of the merchants looking at him. It wasn't because of his attitude he was showing them, it was because Kyoushiro was clearly looking down on them. Showing off that he has a very close relationship with not only Arianne but another hero as well, it was something that made them lose their face as grown men.

Because the news of Kyoushiro being Princess Lucinda of the Travestin Kingdom's husband has been circulating as of late. After all, Ambrosia was no heavily involved in it's reconstruction.

The person who built the foundations of the currently most technologically advanced city in this was world was the very same person looking down on them.

Finally satisfied with the outcome of him showing off, Kyoushiro let's go of his Arianne, who had a dream looked on her face, before facing the merchants.

"Just a fair warning alright? Don't do anything stupid in the city that I rebuilt from scratch"

Power is everything in this world. If anything else, the most powerful person in this room was none other than Kyoushiro himself. The merchants heard of rumors of Kyoushiro's feat, even back when he was rebuilding Ambrosia a few months ago.

It was fairly obvious to them that what would happen if they ever get on the bad side of the Black King.

"Alright, I'm done. We're going then"

"Ah... Are you coming back soon?"

"Once I've made a [Gate] in Oceanus, I'll spend sometime here before heading south to the dwarf Kingdom. Don't worry, it's not like some Demon Lord will appear again while I'm away"

"......."

Arianne wasn't sure what to say to that after all that's happened but nevertheless, this was Kyoushiro they were talking about. If it was him, a Demon Lord or two wouldn't matter. 

Though in her defense, she wasn't really informed about Kyoushiro's ascendance to both a Demon Lord and a Hero.

"Alright. I'll be waiting"

"Good, I'll see you in a bit"

After patting Arianne's soft head, Kyoushiro turned around and took Mikoto's hand. Edsel went to Arianne's side and watched the two leave the throne room. As the door finally closed....

"It seems you are not as disliked as you have originally thought, your Majesty"

"It is as you say..... Well, I'm just happy that Kyoushiro came back in one piece after all that"

Edsel had briefed Arianne about what transpired in Paracellumn after Kyoushiro connected Ambrosia to Paracellumn. The fact that Kyoushiro fought a Demon Lord there was one thing but having to fight in some rebellion on a country he was just going to visit was different. It was worrying that he would get caught up with another crisis in a far away place.

But there was one thing Arianne was very worry about.....

"Mama!!"

"Ah... Dahlia, don't run too fast you'll fall!"

It was the child Edsel brought with her. According to the mother, it seems that Dahlia thinks of Kyoushiro as her father. After all, she too was a Demon Spawn. Watching her secretary carrying her child after Dahlia ran up to her, a sense of foreboding and unease warns her heart.

"Did Papa came? I wanted to see him!"

"Geez, I told you not to call him Papa and... he's just that busy you know?"

"Nnn.... I wish Papa would play with me again"

It was obvious to see that Dahlia has no intention of calling Kyoushiro aside from "Papa". While Kyoushiro already has his own daughter it wouldn't be hard to see him accepting another member of his wives in the near future.

In the end, Arianne could only sigh at the unpredictable future.....

"Haaaah.... What will be, will be I guess"

As soon as she fixed up her expression, Arianne quickly went back to work.

PART #2

Hours went by and the [Gate] connecting Paracellumn was activated. In it, a long Limo came out with Kyoushiro and Mikoto riding in it.

"I didn't expect we'd come here via limo....."

"Just think of it as some privilege for being close to royalty......"

It was an exasperating experience. Kyoushiro intended to just walk until he reached the Terminal station, but the guards in the castle insisted in escorting Kyoushiro and Mikoto to their destination. However, the escort was about bringing hundreds of guards with him along with the Magic Iron Knights.

There was no way Kyoushiro would accept such grand escort when he was just going to leave. As such, in the end, Kyoushiro compromised with riding the Limo instead. That or the gold and diamond carriage the Craftsmen built for a special occasion.

Kyoushiro and Mikoto got out of the Limo and went inside the building. As soon as the door closed, the limo turns around and enters back into the [Gate]. 

As they entered the grand station where exchange between elves and inhabitants of Ambrosia we being done, Kyoushiro spots a certain individual being crowded by women.

"Koizumi-kun really is popular whenever he is huh?"

"Yeah.... seems tiring though"

Kyoushiro agreed that Koizumi was very popular with the ladies. After all, with his looks, he was even scouted by a talent scout for some modeling agency back on earth. It wasn't really surprising seeing Koizumi be surrounded by women even back on earth. But seeing the same thing here felt exhausting for Kyoushiro instead.

Koizumi noticed Kyoushir looking at him and suddenly shouted.

"There! That's Kyoushiro Kagami! It's him!"

All of a sudden the air in the whole building changed. Everyone person doing business or buying something all glanced to the direction Koizumi pointed.

"What's this about?"

As Kyoushiro said that....

"Kyoushiro–sama!!!"

A whole horde of elven women came running towards him. Sensing the impending danger, Kyoushiro scoop up Mikoto from her feet and carried her in his arms.

"Like hell I'd bathe in trash again. I just changed!!"

Like that, Kyoushiro used his new found speed and ran out the building.

"Looks like we got away for now"

Kyoushiro and Mikoto arrived in Queen Elfianna's residence. Disregarding the elven guard scowling at him, Kyoushiro sat on the soft couch inside the room he was sent to with Mikoto. 

Mikoto asked to have an audience with Queen Elfianna to report what happened in Travestin so the guards of the palace quickly let the two in. Just that, as expect, the elven guards didn't like Kyoushiro walking brazenly in the palace so they just sent him to a room where he wouldn't bother anyone.

"I'll get back at that bastard once I see him"

"Geez.... don't do anything bad now. It's not like Koizumi-kun did anything bad right?"

Mikoto tried to calm Kyoushiro down by being sweet to him. Well, she wanted to do such thing for a long time now so her expression was an absolute bliss. Anyways, Kyoushiro wasn't that irritated. He was just pissed off because a huge crowd of people was about to hurl him with trash again. 

After taking the trouble of taking a bath first before leaving Ambrosia, there was no way he would just stand there and be showered in tomatoes and garbage. 

"Haaaah.... Whatever, once the ship we'll be riding arrives, we'll leave as soon as possible"

"I don't want to stay here as much as possible" Kyoushiro grumbled under his breath.

*Blag!!* The door violently opened.

"Kyoushiro-sama!!"

"Not another one....."

Kyoushiro looked tired as hearing someone call his name so suddenly like that. It was Princess Lydia. The kidnapped elf princess that would replacing Queen Elfianna soon once a full moon was up. Kyoushiro saved her, though she had changed by a lot in terms of race, she was still the person next in line for the throne.

Right now, Princess Lydia was the one taking care of this side's [Gate] terminal. Since she presented herself as the representative herself, Kyoushiro didn't mind and just let her do as she please. It was better than having her cling over him all the time.

With a face beaming with a bright smile, Princess Lydia sat right next to Kyoushiro.

"Welcome back, Kyoushiro-sama. Are you going to accept being the new elf king now?"

"Nope. Don't want to. Ask someone you're close to instead"

Though in name, Kyoushiro was acknowledged as King of Ambrosia. Not only that, supposedly, even in Travestin, Kyoushiro might be the next King as Lucinda was stepping over as the new Queen in Travestin. If one more princess were to accept him as a King, that would be more ridiculous. 

What kind of person would want to become a ruler of some countries that doesn't even like him in there first place? Moreover, Kyoushiro wasn't the kingly type of person. He was more suited as a grunt in construction work than ordering people around.

A deep sigh left Kyoushiro's mouth.

"Eh? Kyoushiro-kun becoming the left king?"

Mikoto tilted her head in confusion. She hadn't heard such news yet from anyone since she was in Travestin when Kyoushiro was in Paracellumn.

"Yes! Since I, Princess Lydia, acknowledges this hero named Kyoushiro Kagami as my other half, he may become the new elf King!"

The enthusiastic princess answers back with a smile full of confidence. Whereas, the young man in the middle was having a festival of headaches. He was holding his face like the world was heading.

"Like I said, I don't want to.... Why do you guys want me to become a king anyway? I'm not even staying here for good"

"It is fine so long as you leave me an heir for the next king or queen. That much is acceptable"

What am I? Some kind of stallion or something?– Kyoushiro just heaved a deep sigh once more. It was more hard to comprehend how the minds of women of this world than the one's on earth. Looking back, he wasn't that great with women on earth as well. 

"Let's just leave that for now, Lydia"

"Ah! Obaue-sama!!"

While the three were having a frivolous conversation, Queen Elfianna had entered the room. Behind her were Minami, Katsuto and Koizumi. 

"Mikoto-chan!"

"Minami-chan!'

Minami ran over to Mikoto and gave her a tight hug. Mikoto responds with a even tighter embrace and pushed Minami's face onto Mikoto's bountiful chest. Looking at Minami's face closely, it seems that she got irritated by the sudden growth of her friend. Mikoto was now more fluffier than before in Minami's term of description.....

"Yo, Kagami"

"Sorry about earlier Kagami-kun"

"The hell was that even about? Do you hate me or something?"

Kyoushiro points at the fact that Koizumi had elven women rush over him like a tidal wave. He was rained with garbage once, never again would he let it go a second time.

"Ahahaha.... well, they were your fans of sorts"

"Fans? Who's?"

"Yours obviously"

"........."

It took a while before Kyoushiro could understand what Koizumi meant. Meanwhile, Queen Elfianna coughed once to gather everyone's attention.

"Ahem.... For now, I wish to address something quickly. Kagami-sama, may I ask you a favor?"

"Another one?"

"Yes.... I may be imposing you on this one but will you please hear me out?"

"....."

Kyoushiro stared at Queen Elfianna for a moment before breathing another sigh. Rejecting Queen Elfianna's request now wouldn't make a difference anymore after all that's happened. Moreover, she did allow to let Kyoushiro have the plot of land where Yggdrasil once stood. Kyoushiro still have yet to return something for that.

"Alright, talk. At this point, complaining wouldn't even matter anymore"

"Thank you very much. Well then..."

Queen Elfianna bowed her head as gratitude and Immediately continued. However, as she turned back, another elf came in. It was that rude female elf Knight that hated Kyoushiro's guts for whatever reason. In her hand was large blue crystal orb. Inside was human heart unnervingly still beating.

The moment Kyoushiro saw that, his face darkened. It wasn't a pleasant thing to see.

"How rude, to make such face when you saw me. You are still as repulsive as ever"

However, the female elf Knight, Elyria Rosemary seemed to have thought Kyoushiro was looking at her.

"Shut it you nutcase. I wasn't looking at you. It was the disgusting thing you're holding"

"Kh..... at least... look at me.....then...."

Kyoushiro didn't heard the last bits of what Elyria said but it sounded like an insult anyway. Kyoushiro ignores Elyria and points at the thing she was holding.

"What the hell is that?"

"It is something we have unearth years ago in this region. We have no idea what it is and so we decided to bring it to Oceanus to have Rizandra-sama research upon it"

Koizumi and Katsuto nodded as though they know about such dealings as well. Kyoushiro still wasn't going to take it as is without much explanation. He had faced many things in this world and the one thing that taught Kyoushiro not to touch thing recklessly was the time when he was sent to the weird place.

Sensing Kyoushiro's thoughts, Elfianna explains that it was long before the emergence of the 5th Demon Lord up to the present and that it was found by her ancestors in the past.

"We did not have the technology to analyze this object. However, Rizandra-sama had recently made a breakthrough in magic technology. We believe that she may be able to analyze this object if it's her"

The heart was still beating. Eerily even. There was no blood but the blue crystal ball was pulsing along with the heartbeat. Kyoushiro looked at it using his appraisal skill however....

"........"

No matter what he did, no information was showing......

2