Vol. 4 CH. 2 – Oceanus, the kingdom at the sea
141 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 4 CH. 2 - Oceanus, the kingdom at the sea

PART #1

It was an object that even Kyoushiro's appraisal skill couldn't read. That was the first time he had experienced such thing in this world. Such thing only made him worry.

"My Appraisal skill doesn't work on it.... Just what is that?"

"As I suspected. Even our greatest Elven Alchemists couldn't know what this object is with their own Appraisal skills. All I could say is that, it is very ancient"

The crystal ball was of the size of a bowling ball. Inside was a beating heart surrounded by a blue liquid, creating an Illusion of being underwear. It's origins stretch's back before the emergence of the 5th Demon Lord up to the rest.

Even the smartest and skilled Alchemists in Paracellumn couldn't know what it was and what it was made of. 

"We have already asked Rizandra-sama to do an extensive research upon this object in order to discover it's secret and what's it is used for. Sadly, the events of days prior have messed up our plans and this was delayed"

Queen Elfianna sighs as what was about only a short trip was prolonged. It wasn't intended by anyone, but thanks to Pernicious had gone and did, they were unable to deliver the blue orb to Oceanus in time.

Although, in speaking of time, they could have sent it before but with all the monster rampage across the continent were going on, it was hard to deliver such precious object without it getting damaged.

Kyoushiro took one deep breath and leaned back on his seat. It seems that, to him, this was another headache he had to consider. It would be a pain rejecting the favor after all he had done for the last few days so Kyoushiro ended up deliberating in himself whether he'd agreed on doing it.

"I can take it with me but I can't use any of my ships right now. Most of them are under repairs and redevelopment so it'll take a while before I can take one out. Making one would seriously take a long time so I'll be borrowing yours during this trip"

Kyoushiro was talking about Phirous. The Magic Airship made by the elves' themselves. Kyoushiro had already taken the liberty of altering it's mechanical and magic components so it would be faster than before. Just that, it has a weak structure since it was made of wood and few steel inside.

"I do not mind. Also, I would like to provide you an escort for the entirety of the trip. Rosemary-sama, volunteered herself"

The female elf Knight, Elyria Rosemary. A woman with blonde hair tied to a ponytail. She has blue eyes and a sharp nose. She looks young for an elf around 150 years of age. Kyoushiro was making a disappointed looking face when Elyria stepped up to the front.

"Elyria Rosemary. In order to pay back my transgressions against the Black Hero, Kyoushiro Kagami-sama, I volunteered to be your escort"

"......"

Should I be happy with this?– Kyoushiro tilted his head for a moment, thinking that having a beautiful woman on a trip would at least enjoyable. But well, considering that this was the woman that caused him problems throughout the whole ordeal just a few days ago, Kyoushiro hesitated in accepting her as an escort.

Moreover.....

"What is it? Kagami-sama?"

Why the hell is she smiling at me for?– Kyoushiro recalled being treated like a criminal by Elyria. Thinking about that, it was weird seeing her smiling at him like some salesclerk. It was giving him goosebumps for some reason.

This time, Kyoushiro glanced at Koizumi. Kyoushiro recalled how he said what happened earlier was that elven women were fans of his. It was rather of off thinking about that.

"Oi Koizumi. Tell me what those girls wanted? You had those guys chased after me the moment you saw me after all"

"Ah...Ahahaha.... that well...."

Koizumi tried to avert his gaze from Kyoushiro's. Kyoushiro didn't understand why Koizumi was being coy about the answer and seeing him act like that was disgusting, so Kyoushiro glanced at Katsuto, who was standing behind Koizumi.

"What?"

"Tell me what you know about earlier's incident"

"That? Well, even if you asked me I don't know"

"You don't know?"

"Yeah. Apparently, some of the girls that turned into different species kept telling stories about you. I don't know what was that about"

Katsuto had only know about the girls Kyoushiro saved. Like Lydia, those elven knights we're kidnapped, raped and turned into freaks of nature. But when Kyoushiro turned into a Demon Lord, they suddenly changed raced from elves to nymphs or fairies. 

Kyoushiro too doesn't know too well about his new class. For half a year, he didn't have any class at all but all of a sudden, he became both a hero and Demon Lord. There were many things that happened during that time.

This time, Kyoushiro glanced at Princess Lydia.

"Eh? If you are wondering what the others talked about, they only spread that if they were to present themselves as your concubines, you'll take them to Ambrosia"

"How the hell did they got that idea? Also, anyone can come and go through the [Gate] as much as they want so long as they have a ticket"

"Well, about that....."

Princess Lydia scratched her cheek bashfully as she tried to tell Kyoushiro about what really happened.

"Half of the elves in the capitol wished to enter Ambrosia. There's hardly any tickets anymore because of that"

Apparently, the moment the [Gate] terminal was made, most of the elves in Paracellumn wanted to visit another country. They weren't tired of living in Paracellumn, a vast forest country but because they never did left to see other countries, the moment the opportunity was given to them, they immediately went bought tickets to enter the [Gates].

Traveling has always been dangerous in this world since there were monsters and even bandits to look out for during the whole travel. As such, it was difficult to go to other countries without facing danger first.

Kyoushiro did made the [Gate] artifacts for that same reason but he didn't expected such large number would storm Ambrosia. Well, Ambrosia was a big city and with many people flooding it, there would be more advantages of trade exchange from both countries. Just that, surely, the trucks coming and going from the gate were the only thing that fascinated the elves.

"So the reason this Knight wanted to be my escort is because she wanted to go to Ambrosia?"

"Maybe? I don't think so though"

"Which is it then....."

Kyoushiro sighed. 

"Haaaah.... Well, we digressed. We'll talk about this later. For now, about the crystal ball"

Kyoushiro ignored the issue of the elves for now and returned back to the first topic. 

"We will prepare Phirous immediately. Once everything is ready, we shall contact you immediately"

"Alright. I'll stay at the [Gate] Terminal for now. Just get me once everything is ready"

Kyoushiro stood up once the discussion was over. Mikoto and Minami looked at each other for a moment before calling out to Kyoushiro.

"Hey, Kagami-kun. Mikoto-chan will be staying with alright? I won't let you sink your teeth in her"

"M-Minami-chan.... I don't mind that you know?"

It seems that Minami planned to have Mikoto all by herself for the entire day. Mikoto answered with flushed cheeks thinking that it wouldn't be so bad giving her first to Kyoushiro. Well, Kyoushiro didn't seem the problem so he didn't mind.

"That's fine. Aizawa does need her break once in a while"

"Hmph, good that you know"

"Yeah, yeah"

Kyoushiro smiled and patted Mikoto's head before taking off. This time, he placed his arm around Koizumi's neck as he leave.

"I still haven't gotten back at you for earlier you bastard"

"...Ahahahah...."

Koizumi laughed dryly, forgetting the fact the person he messed with was none other than Kyoushiro.

"So..... this is the kind of place you two go huh?"

Sitting inside a well adorned restaurant of flowers and tree vines stuck to the walls and ceiling, Kyoushiro, Koizumi and Katsuto had lunch for the time being after they left the palace. The reason Kyoushiro was here with them was because he forced Koizumi to buy him lunch for making him go through that traumatic experience.

However, Kyoushiro didn't expect the place Koizumi would choose was similar to a coffee shop on earth. There were elven customers and baristas. Though the majority that we're in this place we're only women so the three of them stood out too much.

Just that....

"They don't have coffee but serve tea huh?"

"Well, it is a Tea shop after all"

"Appearances can be deceiving...."

Kyoushiro was severed with a flower scented tea. It was sweet and tasty but the atmosphere was that of a serious dandy old coffee shop where the master would serve you hand brwerd coffee on the counter while telling you all sorts of things.

The tea wasn't bad so that wasn't his concern either but the gazes of the elven women on them felt like they were searing hole through the three young men's backs.

Kyoushiro sighed.

"So? What happened while I was gone? Those women wouldn't act like that if nothing happened right?"

Kyoushiro heard from Princess Lydia that those elven women only wanted tickets to pass through the [Gate] to get to Ambrosia. However, Kyoushiro felt something more deeper than that. Kyoushiro took a drink from his flower scented tea and waited for Koizumi to answer.

With the same smile plastered on his face, Koizumi drinks his tea and spoke.

"It's just your popular phase"

"Should I take that as a joke?"

"Of course not"

The two exchange stares then drank their tea at the same time. On the other hand, Katsuto tilted his head while blinking his eyes confusedly.

"Why the hell are you two making those kind of faces?"

"Shut up Sairenji"

"Be quiet for a minute Katsuto"

The two shut Katsuto up with merely their words. Katsuto went "Geh.... geez you guys" before eating the flower decorated sweet. Incidentally, it taste like a flower as well.

Along while of silence wrapped around the table until the waitress refilled their tea pot with a newly brewed flower tea.

As the waitress left, wearing a weird smile on her face while looking at Kyoushiro and Koizumi, the two broke the silence.

"Let's leave"

"Gladly....."

Deciding to leave, Kyoushiro and Koizumi stood up. It was obvious what was happening right now. The women around them were wearing weird gazes gave the two horrible chills all-over their shoulder. Katsuto didn't seem to understand that but he left following the two behind as well. After Koizumi paid for what they ordered, the three guys left the tea shop.

Outside, a large sign saying [Flora's Tea Shop] stood out amazingly among the vegetation around the building. Despite some houses were made of bricks, the shop was carved inside a tree it seems.

As the three walked around the streets, Koizumi asked Kyoushiro about Lucinda's childbirth.

"I heard about your daughter.... was she alright?"

"Yeah. She's the size of a 4 year old but mentally still a baby. Though she can do things a normal four year old could do, her speech has yet to improve..... The biology of this world is really weird"

Kyoushiro has no experience in raising children since he was a kid himself. But it was obvious that it should take at least 9 months before a baby was fully formed. However what happened with Kyoushiro's daughter, Clara, was odd. Most likely, she was influenced with Kyoushiro's evolution as a Demon Lord and a Hero during the battle but Kyoushiro has no idea how that happened.

In any case, Clara was healthy. There were things that are concerning about this world but Clara would be alright in Lucinda's hands for now. 

Kyoushiro really has no idea how to raise a kid after all.

"Congratulations.... I guess? Looks like you're the first one to have a family in this world among all of us heroes"

Out of everyone, none of them had a deep relationship with others in this world except for Kyoushiro with Lucinda. Taiga had quite an obsession with doing it with any women he liked so he didn't count. Obviously, Koizumi only plays around but not settle down with one woman. As for Katsuto, his first love failed the moment it began.

"Thanks. Well I have no idea how to go with it. I'll just deal with raising her once I'm done going around the world"

"Heh, what a busy father you are now. Care to have us join you?"

"Heck no. There are still things needed to be done in this world. I'm just going to connect all countries in this world with Ambrosia. It's easier to travel when I don't have to go around fighting monsters all the time I leave a town after all"

Having experienced fighting monsters in and out of Ambrosia in it's initial stages of rebuilding, Kyoushiro found out monsters often pop out of the woodwork. It was annoying encountering them in roads, plains and forest paths where the roads would sometimes made inside. Kyoushiro haven't experience mountain hiking yet but after being hurled with a mountain himself just a month ago, Kyoushiro decided it'll just be a pain going to one anyway.

This time, Katsuto chimed in Kyoushiro's and Koizumi's talk.

"Still dude, what's your plan after this? Like once everything is over? Are you going to stay here with your kid and wife?"

Unlike everyone else, Kyoushiro has a family in this world now. Leaving them once the fight was over, would be rather troubling for Lucinda and Clara. Kyoushiro, still have some family back on earth and just like the every one of them, they all want to return. Well, setting aside some of them.

"I'm staying. Well, I will return here once I'm done with my business on earth"

"Huh? But isn't that like impossible? We haven't even found a way back yet and it's already been 7 months since we came here"

Katsuto was right. There was no way for them to go back to Earth yet. Was what everyone thinks. In truth, Kyoushiro already know how to go back. A certain Demon Lord did showed him the way after all. However, right now wasn't the right time to tell everyone that. There was still Taiga to worry about after he fused with Demon Lord Vraheim. Who knows what he will do on earth once he return with his skills and stats intact.

Kyoushiro still haven't found a way to remove them from that bastard.

"Yeah, well.... it won't be long. Maybe"

"Hrrmmm.... Well if it's you saying that then it might be true"

Katsuto sighed with a laid-back attitude and put his hands on the back of his head. 

For the time being, the three young men walked through the street. It was the first time Kyoushiro had ever walked with someone else all the way back home. Although he hadn't noticed it yet, the once lonesome kid who always walked alone all the way home from school was nowhere to be seen now....

PART #2

Phirous was ready to depart. Kyoushiro, Koizumi and Katsuto were leaving towards Oceanus now however Mikoto decided to stay in Paracellumn for the time being. 

"You're not going with us?"

"Yes.... as much as I want to, Minami-chan can't fight the monsters attacking the Kingdom alone. She is a Healer after all"

Mikoto stayed because there still more work left for her to do. Apparently, after what happened with the Yggdrasil. More monsters were now appearing in the forest around the city. Mikoto was the only person that could fight in the city with Minami as a support. In addition to that, she would be able to get more tamed monsters the more she stays here. That way, her arsenal of monsters would increase and she would be able to clash with monster hordes more easily.

"I guess so huh? Well just don't push yourself too hard. Let that midget do some work"

"I'm right here you know?"

Right now was the time of departure. The only people going to Oceanus this time we're Kyoushiro, Koizumi, Katsuto and Elyria Rosemary. This time, it would delivering an unknown object to Oceanus to have it analyzed by Rizandra, the Queen of the sea.

Ignoring Minami's snarky remark, Kyoushiro smiled and boarded the ship. As the airship ascends to the sky, soon the people below shrunk.

While still looking down, Kyoushiro felt someone walked towards him from behind.

"Let's go inside, it'll be a while before we reached the ocean after all"

It was Koizumi. He had invited Kyoushiro inside the cabin since the outside air tends to be colder than over land since they'd be flying over the ocean. 

Kyoushiro sighs and complied before Elyria Rosemary had suddenly appeared walking right behind the two. 

It took about 4 days until the ship got near Oceanus. From the sky, the Kingdom on the ocean looked majestic. A single tall structure at the center was the royal castle named Coral Castle. Surrounding it were towering spires with branches forming a sphere around glowing blue orbs.

The city it's was beautiful. Not only the buildings shined like gold above the sea, the underwater cityscape glimmered with light as well. Small floating islands surrounds the outer circumference of the entire city with familiar looking water cannons on top.

Oceanus seemed to be a country based on both beauty and defense.

"I still can't imagine how that floats on such a deep sea...."

Kyoushiro was the only person who had a normal reaction compared to the others with awestruck expressions.

"Come on Kagami-kun, you shouldn't restrict yourself with Earth's common sense"

"I'd like to do that but even if you forced me to, I'd still worry that the whole city will sink"

"You're just too serious dude"

Koizumi, Kyoushiro and Katsuto exchange glanced as the ship descends. It took 4 days with boosted Magic Furnace till they Oceanus Kingdom. While Kyoushiro had a normal reaction compared to the other two, Koizumi and Katsuto were welcomed with cheers from below.

Looking down, Kyoushiro saw a variety of sea living folk. Mermaids, Demi-humans like dolphins, manatees and sharks. There were sea snake Demi-humans and Scyllas. It was a large bunch of sea food that includes oysters with human limbs and such as well as fishhead Demi-humans. The more Kyoushiro looked, the more he felt conflicted.

After all, they were fishes living in the sea and even more so, there were no land in sight. Thinking about it logically, the only diet they have were seafood. Fishes and other underwater delicacies.

I really still can't get used to this world.....– Kyoushiro thought so with a conflicted mind.

As soon as the ship reached the dock, loud cheers erupted instantly.....

"Waaaa!! Hayato-sama!!"

"Sairenji-sama! Banzai!!"

The crowd cheered for the two hero standing right next to Kyoushiro. With doubtful eyes, Kyoushiro stared at the two who were trying to hide their embarrassment.

"Fyuu~♪ Fyuuoo~"

Katsuto tried to whistle as he looked away from Kyoushiro but failed miserably. Kyoushiro just sighed and decided not to pursue the matter.

"Haaaah.... I can guess what you guys been doing here"

"Ahahaha... well, our popularity aren't as great as yours though"

Kyoushiro felt that was sarcasm on Koizumi's part. After all, Kyoushiro's infamy was more widespread in places like Travestin. While he was well loved in Ambrosia, Kyoushiro was obviously hated in Travestin and Paracellumn.

Kyoushiro just ignored that and went down the ship. 

"Welcome back, Hayato-sama, Sairenji-sama"

"We're back Corallia-san"

"Yeah, we're back!"

What greeted the two heroes was a woman with lush green colored hair the waves down to her back. Her pair of light blue eyes like the reflection of water in the sky was beautiful that it could make one weak in the knees. She wore a bikini like outfit with a long translucent veil that hides her two long legs. There were gills on both side of her torso and neck then a pair of fins on both side of her head.

The woman, Corallia Seabrook, smiles as she turns to Kyoushiro and Elyria Rosemary.

"Her Majesty extends her welcome to the famed Black Hero of the wastelands"

"Don't call me that. Just Kyoushiro is fine"

Kyoushiro still couldn't get out of that "Black Hero" title given to him by the people. Well, it was just reflex that he had corrected her like that.

"Understood"

"......."

Kyoushiro looked away from Corallia Seabrook as she bowed at him.

"I welcome you as well, dear escort. Please call me Corallia"

"Likewise, my name is Elyria Rosemary, a pleasure to meet you as well"

After the last person was greeted. The four of then rode a fancy white carriage adorned with colorful corals. Kyoushiro didn't understand the concept of using land base vehicle on water but it seems that Oceanus we're more or less advanced compared to other countries. Moreover, the carriage was the most comfortable one he had ridden in this world.

During the ride, Kyoushiro was given a tour by Koizumi and Katsuto. They pointed out the most beautiful place in the city as well as the places where anyone could find a good place to stay. The sightseeing spots like a tall Coral tower, the pristine crystal like restaurants and the most eye catching spot of all, the Oceanus Sea Palace.

Being this the first time Kyoushiro had ever been so far from land, even on earth, even he couldn't help but enjoy the scenery. A vast blue sky that encompasses all and an ever waving sea splashing around the city's edges. There weren't any beaches around unfortunately but because the people living in Oceanus we're sea folk, there weren't any ships blocking the view of the city.

If the sun were to set now, it would a be a spectacular view to see.

"Hey, can I ask you something? Uh... Corallia... right?"

"Yes"

Kyoushiro who was just looking outside the window, turned to Corallia, sitting right in front of her. Next to her was Elyria, which was also taken away by the beauty of the city. While Koizumi and Katsuto were seated on Kyoushiro's right side.

"What is it that you would like to ask?"

"I know this is a stupid question but....  Fishes and crabs don't sing here right?"

"Pardon?"

"No well.... I just.... Haaaah, just forget about it"

It was really a stupid thing to ask– Kyoushiro said to himself, feeling embarrassed after asking about fishes and crustaceans singing under the sea. It was one time he had watched as a kid when one of his cousin watched an animated movie about so mermaid princess going out to land.

Ugh.... I got hungry thinking about a red crab....– Kyoushiro sighed and regained his composure.

But.....

"Dude.... are you talking about that?"

"What?"

"No..... I mean, it's not like those kinds of don't exist here but you won't be able to see a Crab singing and especially not telling you to kiss a girl"

Katsuto seemed to have understood what Kyoushiro was thinking. Getting seem through like that and was being looked down like a child with obsession with some fairytale princess made Kyoushiro feel even more horribly embarrassed. Even Katsuto's annoying grin made Kyoushiro felt like jumping out of the carriage.

"Ah... so you know about those things huh? But you don't know about RPGs and Fantasy games huh?"

"I know about RPGs. They're type of Bazookas right?"

"I'm really worried about how you grew up dude....."

Kyoushiro didn't understand what Katsuto just meant but he was clearly making fun of Kyoushiro. Koizumi made a wry smile and just answered truthfully.

"Mermaids have very beautiful singing voice. Though you might see some crustaceans type Demi-humans, they don't actually sing very well"

"Heh.... so they do sing when trying to pull down ships to the bottom of the ocean huh?"

Kyoushiro nodded at himself as one of his knowledge about mermaids were real.

"U-Umm.... I do not understand what you are talking about but, we Mermaids do not use our songs  to sink ships..... We are very different from Sirens that are famed to do that"

"Oh? Really?"

"Y-Yes, I do not know where you get that knowledge from though"

It is common knowledge in this world that Sirens, winged mermaids with a very monstrous appearance are the ones luring ships into sharp Rocky shores and sinking them. Sirens are a type of monster that eat human flesh and are known to attack pirate ships in particular.

Corallia, who had never encountered a hero with a weird preconceptions about mermaids before, was taken aback.

"Then, do a person become immortal if they eat mermaid meat?"

But Kyoushiro seemed have still somethings he couldn't help comparing to Earth's folktales.

"O-Of course! Hero-sama should not say such things! Such thoughts are abhorred by us sea folk!"

"R-Right.... sorry about that"

Kyoushiro decided not to talk about things about mermaid tales anymore and just stay quiet until they reached the Oceanus Sea Palace. Seeing that Corallia got riled up just now, leaning her face forward to give an emphasis in her words, just made Kyoushiro look the other way. 

Throughout the trip in the carriage, Kyoushiro was looked at like he was the oddest one in the bunch. As the palace walls came to view, Kyoushiro stayed quiet until they reached the gate.

3