Vol. 4 CH. 3 – Dangers of both ally and enemy…..
253 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 4 CH. 3 – Dangers of both ally and enemy.....

PART #1

Elyria Rosemary had watched the three heroes leave the carriage and was escorted inside the majestic Sea Palace. Though she had volunteered as an escort to keep Kyoushiro in line in case he did something in Oceanus, that was just wasn't her real mission.

Right after Kyoushiro left Paracellumn, Queen Elfianna had given Elyria a task. That was to make sure to keep Kyoushiro on their side as much as possible. Although, Kyoushiro turning his back against Paracellumn was far from coming true, it wasn't that it was impossible either.

Princess Lydia also know about Kyoushiro's usefulness as an ally. He has both the power and the means to overthrow any nation in this world. He has Ambrosia at his back, the place where his unbelievable creations are being used as an everyday object.

That's why, although shameless, Princess Lydia was throwing herself at Kyoushiro in order to keep Paracellumn safe. Even the ones that Kyoushiro saved had been told to make sure not to anger Kyoushiro at all. That and to have some people observe him as much as possible.

Elyria had proof that Kyoushiro might turn against the world. That was when she saw the 3rd Demon Lord accompanying them while they were about to rescue Princess Lydia and Elyria's comrades. She even witnessed Kyoushiro fight like a monster, turn into a Demon Lord and take down a Demon Lord.

That's why, in order to prevent Kyoushiro utilizing his skills against the world, they had to use their bodies to keep Kyoushiro in check. Though that said, Elyria wasn't keen on the idea of seducing Kyoushiro. Queen Elfianna had said to just observe him and report back if he were to do something but Elyria couldn't fail at this. She had already showed animosity towards Kyoushiro from the start back in Calladium so it was a must that she would be able to grab Kyoushiro's attention as much as possible.

Learning somethings from Minami or two helped but, it seemed that Kyoushiro still had no plans of becoming close with Elyria at all.

This is for the sake of Paracellumn.... but it is really annoying that such man has no class in women– Elyria grumbled in her mind as she watched the backs of three guys walking right before her following Corallia.

While Elyria was a beauty herself, her chest wasn't as great as Corallia. What's more, her hair wasn't as long and wavy like Corallia, instead, it was tied in a ponytail style that flows down straight once let down. Elves have been blessed with a natural beauty but mermaids are different. They have such sensual curves and voices so beautiful one could literally be swooned to sleep.

It was annoying that she was ignored when Elyria tried to appeal to Kyoushiro but it was more humiliating to not be seen as a woman right at her face.

"........"

Right now, Kyoushiro was talking at Koizumi and Katsuto. The two heroes were trying to convince Kyoushiro to join them to some fun time in the city once their job was done. Kyoushiro didn't seem to keen on the idea so he rejected the two.

"I got a wife and kid already. Plus two more girls that I still can't decided on what to do. Don't make my problems increase even more"

"Hey, come on now. Even a married husband sometime go to some places to have some good time"

"You might not notice but we're very famous here"

Katsuto seemed to be boasting about him and Koizumi being treated warmly in Oceanus. Kyoushiro clicked his tongue and replied.

"Don't care. Do I look like the type to play around?"

"......."

"Of course!!"

Katsuto just answered with a wide smile on his face. Kyoushiro sighed as he held his face.

"Uh.... may I ask you three a question?"

Corallia, who has been leading everyone in front slowed down her pace as tried to ask Kyoushiro, Koizumi and Katsuto about something.

"What is it?"

"This may come as being rude but.... you all are.. friends in your world yes?"

"Friends? Me and these two?"

"You are not?"

"Nope. Nada, impossible. I just sit at the back of the class while these guys have merry days with the rest. I don't come as the friendly type of guy"

"I see....."

Corallia glanced at Koizumi and Katsuto to see their expressions. However, the two had a bit of lonesome faces as Kyoushiro denied him being friends with them. Though in their case, they understood why Kyoushiro thinks like that. After what happened at Travestin, it was obvious that Kyoushiro hasn't forgiven any of them for believing such obvious lie. Even more so when they left him in a dungeon without even hearing him out.

Silence roamed as everyone walked in the quiet halls of the palace. Elyria, who had been quiet for a while now took her turn to ask a question.

"May I ask how were you all in your world? What you three were doing before the summoning?"

"Hm? What's this all of a sudden?"

"I am merely curious. Everyone seemed to have common knowledge about this world yet Kagami-sama doesn't. Did all of you not lived in the same country?"

Although it wasn't that important, Elyria was curious as to how the others have different reactions than Kyoushiro. When Mikoto and Minami first entered Paracellumn, their first impression were directed not to the inhabitants but to the structure and culture of the elves. They weren't estranged by the mystic culture of the elven kingdom and were able to easily adapt to the place.

Even Koizumi and Katsuto didn't seem like they lived difficulty in Oceanus either. Consider how warm they were welcomed when they came back.

"Why is it that Kagami-sama the only one that have yet to settle in with world?"

"I don't know? Why is that Kagami-kun?"

"Let's just say I grew up in a different environment compared to yours"

Kyoushiro answered with a slight tone of annoyance in his voice. 

"The hell does that mean?"

"It means mind your own business. How I take in this world's common sense is my problem so don't be too nosy about why"

It wasn't a pleasant thing to revisit a past one wanted to forget for the time being. His subject of revenge wasn't in this world with him and the only person he can take down in this world was the bastard that framed to be a criminal.

What's more, it's annoying to Kyoushiro to remember how Shadow King Crats told him to stop being a child and grow up. The guy had the same face as him, which made it even more irritating to accept.

"Let's just meet with the Queen of this place so that I can set up a [Gate] and get back to Ambrosia. I don't want to get dragged into anymore problems when in other countries"

With Kyoushiro's words, no one said anything anymore. Instead, everyone just walked quietly until they reached the door to the audience room.....

"What did you just say?"

Somewhere within the underwater city, a group of larged bodied Demi-humans surrounded a young boy. Despite the city being covered with colorful lights above the roofs of the buildings, the alleyways has always been dark.

"T-The heroes Koizumi Hayato-sama and Katsuto Sairenji-sama....H-Have returned!! I just saw them this morning!"

The boy cried as the man threw him down.

"Boss, that bastard Koizumi will most likely....."

"Shut up! Don't dare say anything about my darling Shella!"

The boss the man called was Bruce Alodon. He was a Shark type Demi-human with a large bulky body with various scars on his back and abs. Bruce scowled at his subordinate, who tried to remind him about his lover Shella being taken away again by Koizumi.

"Tsk....! I won't let him do what he likes again in this city! I'll make sure to make him pay!"

"Well boss... technically, Shella-san's work involves in dealing with men.... So..."

"Are you saying my darling Shella is a jellyfish?"

"N-No boss! I don't mean that!! S-See, Shella-san works at a brothel so i-it's not like–"

*Bam!!*

A dull sound rang out as the subordinate suddenly flew back to the wall and crashed. Bruce, who had his fist up, slowly lowered his hand. 

"Call the others, we'll trap that bastard in the city and make sure he won't get back up to the surface ever again"

"Roger that boss"

The group of sharks then dispersed, leaving only Bruce with the boy. Looking down, Bruce squeezed the brat for more information. However, the arrival of a third hero had taken him aback.

"A another hero huh.....?"

But it won't stop Bruce from ever laying a hand on Koizumi. In order to show that Bruce was better than Koizumi in front of Shella, Bruce needed to plan on how to drag Koizumi down into the sea.

PART #2

Experiencing something for the first often makes one nervous. However, for me, this whole thing just felt troublesome. The moment the large door of the audience room opened, a picturesque came to view. It was not like any other throne room I've seen.

Unlike that Western style Throne room in Travestin where it was just a large room with two thrones at the end or Paracellumn's majestic forest themed one, the one before me right now was like a bundle of beautiful Coral reefs that formed naturally.

Spiralling pillars with Coral branches, Sea anemone like flowers and a throne made from a giant white clam.

I can see why this place only has sea folk Demi-humans. If this was Earth, king Neptune would sitting there on the throne.

Though what I saw was different from a king. It was a small girl. 

"Welcome, Black Hero, Kyoushiro Kagami-dono. I am Rizandra Ious Silphenm, the ruler of Oceanus Kingdom"

Seated on her throne like doll with no expression, she introduced herself. A little girl with long silver blue hair and serene light green eyes. She wore a dress that seemed to big for her to where yet somehow looked comfortable to her.

I've seen Lucinda act as the Queen before but I never did meet a kid being a Queen before.

"Please to meet you too, your Majesty"

I tried to be as courteous as possible and bowed my head. Koizumi and the Katsuto two bowed before standing straight up. I then took out the orb I was asked to give to Rizandra.

"Oh? Is that the orb my dear friend sent me?"

"Yeah, she said you'd be able to analyze it. My own Appraisal skill didn't even work on it"

"I see.... Very well. Corallia, please take the orb to research department. I shall head there Immediately once I'm done entertaining out guest"

"Certainly your Majesty"

Corallia left as soon as I gave her the orb. Somehow, this brat seemed bossy. Just what kind of parents taught her to act like that? At least come down from that throne you brat.

"So, I heard all about you from Elfianna. But it seems that you aren't like what I have thought"

That elf Queen talked to her before hand? Why didn't she told me this? 

"What? Did she said I'm a ten foot tall gaint that with horns and stuff?"

"Not to that degree. However, a scum who plays with the hearts with women are not usually welcome in my palace"

What?! This brat, the hell did she just called me?!

"Look kid, I don't know where your parents are but it's best to let the adults do the talking"

"Hmph, what an insolent man. I am nearly as the same age as my dear friend Elfianna yet you call me a brat?"

"Heh, so you didn't age as well as she did huh? Loli-baba"

Loli-baba. In a word, it was like like calling an old woman childish. In this case, Kyoushiro was looking at an old woman passed her prime with a body of a little girl. Kyoushiro didn't understand why he was getting pissed but the face Rizandra was making was far from angry.

It was dead calm, like a waveless ocean before a tsunami hits. However the loyal subjects around her were trembling for whatever reason there was.

Kyoushiro hadn't experienced a warm welcome at all in any castle or palace he had visit. He was already used to it since it couldn't be helped. 

"Fuu.... how childish"

"!?"

Kyoushiro's vein suddenly popped up on his head. Rizandra heaved a deep sigh, looking all disappointed at how the hero of a single nation would act.

"I would not be dragged by your insults. That will besmirched the title of the only ruler of the seas"

Rizandra stood up and walked down from her thrown and walked towards Kyoushiro, Koizumi and Katsuto. Extending her hand towards them, the first two then knelt down and kissed Rizandra's hand one by one.

Kyoushiro looked at them with an utterly disgusted face.

"..... Pedophile?"

"Wrong!'

"It's etiquette you dumbass!!"

Naturally, Koizumi and Katsuto reacted defensively. In this world, there were many monarchs. There was only a few left after the intense attacks of monsters as well as the effects of the battles of Demon Lords. Although minority, there are cities that aren't ruled by kings or Queens but representatives. But most of them are self-reliant on the adventures living inside their cities unlike the Kingdoms and Empires that are currently battling the never ending numbers of monsters.

Kyoushiro, unlike Koizumi and Katsuto, wasn't taught to perform etiquette wherever he goes. Because he was treated like a parasite or a bug that needed to be disposed of back in Travestin months ago, the opportunities of him acting like a proper hero was close to zero.

That's why, when Rizandra looks to Kyoushiro and extends her hand, all Kyoushiro did was shake hands.

"........"

"Don't look at me like that. There's no way I'm kissing the back of your hand like some Godfather mafia boss or something"

Kyoushiro spouted nonsense and let's go of Rizandra's hand. Not minding such thing, Rizandra returns to the throne.

"Heroes, Koizumi Hayato-sama, Katsuto Sairenji-sama and the Hero and King of Ambrosia, Kyoushiro Kagami-sama, I formally welcome you all to my Oceanus. You three have done this world a great service of taking down a Demon Lord, as a representative of the remaining heads of the countries in this world, I would like to present you all with rewards for your bravery"

While listening to Rizandra's speech, Kyoushiro whispered to Koizumi. "She doesn't know about the other Demon Lords that appeared before?" 

"Apparently not. Unlike your place, most of the countries in this world doesn't have wireless communication devices. Elfianna-sama probably sent a letter beforehand to announce what happened in Ambrosia. Looks like the new ones haven't arrived yet"

Just as Koizumi had said, communication in this world was done by carrier birds. They flew hundreds of miles, flying towards their destination to send a letter from a sender. It was a slower way of sending mail and cases where there birds would dirft off course or gets eaten by monsters are most likely to happen so most latest news from other countries are delayed in countries that are secluded.

Though technically speaking, Oceanus is pretty much an advance city. It has researchers that can make new magic items that would help the world but in terms of technologically advanced, they were still far behind.

Well, in this world, they might be just the only advance country in this world if Kyoushiro hadn't upgraded Ambrosia.

"What about the thing that you guys used to contact me? Did that didn't work?"

"I don't have actual knowledge of how it's works really but we need some sort of medium to connect to the other side. So I guess Rizandra-sama doesn't have anything that can connect to Elfianna-sama yet"

While the two were whispering to each other, Rizandra had already ordered someone to bring out the rewards. Three Chamberlains walked from the door far behind the throne and lined up before the three heroes.

"For Katsuto Sairenji-sama, a Orihalcum shield made from the ores mined from the back of a 250 year old Sea turtle"

The first Chamberlain handed a plate side round shield to Katsuto. As he poured his magic power in it, the shield expands and changes form. 

"Nice, thank you your majesty"

With the gift received, Katsuto bowed and took a step back.

"For Koizumi Hayato-sama, a brand new spear made from horns of the armored whale"

Koizumi received a new spear. It was a long spear with a drill like spearhead on top. It didn't have anything flashy attached but there were inscriptions carved at the shaft of the spear. Koizumi tried a few swings with it and was satisfied with how comfortable it was in his hands.

Like Katsuto, Koizumi bowed and took a step back.

Koizumi silently glanced at Kyoushiro before stepping back, implying that he should do the same. Nodding slightly, Kyoushiro faced forward and waited for his turn.

"Lastly, for the hero Kyoushiro Kagami-sama, a contract of trade between Ambrosia and Oceanus"

Kyoushiro received a document from the Chamberlain with the seal of the Oceanus royal family on it. However, Kyoushiro was confused about his reward.

"A contract?"

"Yes. I have heard from Queen Arianne that Ambrosia is currently standing on top of technological advancements. I wish to have an exchange of personnel between two nations in order to further grow our nation's magic technologies"

"Sure..... well, I'll take it. I'll deliver it to Arianne once I made a [Gate] artifact in this place. Would you allow me to do that, your majesty?"

"I shall grant you an island enough to become a port town if that is what you wish. I understand that land dwellers tend to ride ships to cross the ocean"

Kyoushiro stored the document in his magic necklace. 

"Now that the formalities are over, you all may now rest. I believe lunch shall be serve in a few hours, will our esteemed guest be eating with us?"

Now that everything formal was done with, Rizandra asked whether Kyoushiro would stay and eat with them for lunch. Since Kyoushiro can be seen as an ambassador from Ambrosia, there was no way the ruler of Oceanus would send him away after giving him his gifts.

Koizumi and Katsuto currently stays in Oceanus so it was already obvious that they would be having lunch in the palace. As for Kyoushiro however.....

"Dunno, maybe? Once I made the [Gate] here, I'll travel back to Ambrosia to bring a magic ship"

"Then, I shall leave Corallia to aid you in your tasks until the time for lunch has come. Corallia, I leave him to you"

"Yes your Majesty"

As soon as she finish giving orders to her servants, Rizandra stood up from her throne and left. Kyoushiro, who had just realized that he was lead by the nose just to stop talking felt dissatisfied with how he was treated. Well, it was mainly his fault for spouting out nonsense and all that so he didn't mind but....

As the heroes were alone with just Corallia and Elyria, Corallia asked what were their plans for today.

"I'd like to set up the [Gate] artifact as soon as possible"

"Certainly, I shall have it arranged immediately. But it will still take some time before everything is prepared"

"It's fine. Let's just finished the [Gate] and leave as soon as possible. I don't to stay in a place where I'm surrounded in water"

Kyoushiro walked off sighing while looking around.

"Don't mind him, he's just not used to being welcomed warmly"

"Yes, understood, Hayato-sama"

With a wry smile on his face, Koizumi watched Kyoushiro disappear behind the door as he quickly leaves with Elyria running behind him.

With a deep sigh, Koizumi followed suit.

3