Vol. 4 CH. 5 – A Brawl, A Research and A Goal….
205 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 4 CH. 5 - A Brawl, A Research and A Goal....

PART#1

The ocean is vast, so vast that there would be more people with peculiar strengths and abilities of their own that can be said as naturally born strong. In this world, such people exist in small numbers. They can vary from races to genders but not on their biology.

It can be said that most of this worlds own strongest warriors lived in the sea. Because the ocean had more natural, untapped caverns and even dungeons of their own that most of this world's inhabitants couldn't deal with.

The wastelands was the same. The Demon Spawns that lived there were all strong. They greeted strong by fighting strong monsters and the very environment they lived in. However, because the world sees them as nothing but a black cat with nothing but misfortunes and carry the cursed color of the Demon God, the Demon Spawns weren't able to show the strengths they developed in their life.

Bruce, a Demi-human, A shark Seafolk, was one of those very few individuals that could stand on the same ground as the heroes. 

"Ugh......"

Bruce was looking up. The glistening blue surface that was refracting light from outside was beautiful. He had grew up seeing such thing and never did he grew tired of looking at it. However, that wasn't what he recall.

Wasn't he supposed to be inside a bar holding a Playboy hero by the neck and just threw down through the floorboards?

Yet here he was, laying on his back watching the small fishes swim above and the rays of light beaming from the surface of the water. The buildings around were just as they were but the passerbys were looking at him as though he was a drunk passed out from a party.

But the ground he was laying on was overturned. The fin on his back was stuck into the ground and his own body was aching like he was hit full force by a Horned whale. Slowly, Bruce stood up. He shook his head and tried to make out of what happened.

Just then, someone was walking towards him......

Everyone was in shock of what happened. Yet Kyoushiro casually pulled Koizumi from the basement with his Gravity manipulation skill. 

"Hey, don't go making fights after you got drunk you bastard"

"Ugh.... Can't say I'm that drunk. I'm very much sober actually"

Koizumi smiled wryly as he cracked his necked. Turning around, Kyoushiro looked at the people looking at him, making Kyoushiro squint his eyes as he was seeing more people than before.

"Didn't knew you guys invited some people. Was this supposed to be some sort of celebration or something?"

"Dude seriously? You sent someone flying already"

Katsuto pointed at the broken doorway leading outside. There were onlookers peeking inside the bar. Kyoushiro scratched his head thinking "Was that a friend of these two?" before placing the kid in his arm down on the counter.

Corralia who saw the kid Immediately walked towards him.

"W-Who's child is this? Don't tell me you...."

"I didn't kidnapped him if that's what you're thinking. I found the kind in the bathroom on a corner. Looks bruised so I fixed him up"

"I see, who looks alright to me. I'm sorry for suspecting you of such thing"

"It's fine, I'm used to it"

Kyoushiro replied back before walking outside. Elyria then called out to him.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"I'd like to check if the guy I just kicked out is alive"

Kyoushiro coldly said as he stepped out of the bar and walked through the streets. Onlookers watched him with suspicious eyes, observing his movements as though ready to pounce on him. Kyoushiro ignored that, simply because even if they did anything, he could easily wiped them out. But being in a place where the ruler was a benefactor, Kyoushiro would rather go through this with only a tiny bit of bloodshed. Who said no one's going to die today?

"Ugh....."

Bruce, who just got up while shaking his head, leered at Kyoushiro.

"Who are you?"

"Just some guy"

With a punky attitude Kyoushiro shrugged off the question. Bruce glared at him and walked towards Kyoushiro with heavy stomps coming from his feet.

"Look land dweller, this isn't your place to be. You better look around before you start something"

The hell is this? America?— Kyoushiro though to himself as he compared Bruce to some thug he had seen once on a television show back on earth. Kyoushiro, however, did looked around and saw there were guards forming around him and Bruce. There were some onlookers glaring at him as well.

"Haaaah....."

Kyoushiro sighed. 

"Look, walk away before somebody gets hurt"

"Kh! It'll be you who gets hurt!!"

Instantly Bruce thrust down his fist towards Kyoushiro. The gigantic log like arm went straight to where a young man was standing.

*Boom!* A dull sound rang inside the ocean and water spew from the surface like an explosion just occurred. Dusts lifted from the ground and spread everywhere. However, before long, the sound of water being dragged away sounded.

*Ururururu.....* The sea parted, light shined from above as the blue sky and white clouds appeared above everyone's head. It was like a spotlight, with the sun brightly shining down, Bruce had to squint his eyes to get adjusted from the sudden light.

"You! What did you do!?"

"Well....."

As Bruce exclaimed, trying to pull his arm back, Kyoushiro smiled at him with an arrogant grin. His hand was gripping down on Bruce's large fist and like an immovable vice, he had Bruce locked in place.

"I'm getting tired of breathing water so I'd like some fresh air for a bit"

Slowly, Kyoushiro raised Bruce with his arm, showing of a greater strength than the monstrous Demi-human Shark Sea folk Bruce. And then....

"Why don't you sleep with the fishes for a bit"

*DOO—!!* A dull impact resounded, as Bruce body went > and flew far back into the water like a bullet. Crashing through buildings, light post until stopping at the corner of some intersection.

*SHAAAA!!* The water then came crumbling down like a waterfall and created a whirlpool as the water slowly returned back to it's shape. The city was protected by a barrier so it wasn't damaged much from the current created by the whirlpool.

"Yeah.... everyone does sleep with fishes here...."

Kyoushiro muttered to himself as he walked away with a smug look on his face.

PART#2

While something was going on outside, Rizandra was working on the object that Kyoushiro and the others have delivered. Inside the research laboratory created by Rizandra herself for the sake of creating various magical artifacts that will save the world, the orb with a human heart inside was inside a large test tube with large hoses stuck from above and down of the test tube.

The heart was still beating and furthermore, the liquid inside the testing had slowly turning red from blue. It was as if, the heart itself was transforming the liquid inside the test tube into blood.

"Rizandra-sama, we've tested the extract from the orb and it seems that the liquified mana stones had turned into some sort of mutative drug"

A researcher reported the findings on the testing. In his hand was a flat box that was showing a small clip of an ordinary fished, turning into a Sahuagin as the red liquid entered it's orifices. From there, the clip was cut short after the Sahuagin attacked the screen.

"Looks like we found evidences of possible reasons as to why monsters kept on appearing and overflowing from dungeons"

"Even so, we still need to look into the very existence of this orb itself. Who's heart is that and what kind of being had it's own heart sealed inside the orb"

The orb itself was a pure magic essences that accumulated over time and formed a crystal around the heart. However, the carbon dating results says that the orb was well over a few thousands of years old. It was far beyond the time when the other Demon Lords appeared or when the humans came to existence.

In this World's history, there were many beings that came to play that made the evolution of every being very confusing. Like having multiple gods creating other races than humans or the very growth of humans which have even surpassed the normal evolutionary growth of a normal being.

Oceanus has just recently became a technological master in this world but even they were still grasping things around the dark. Even with all the smartest people in the world pulling together to study how the world works, no one would still be able to explain just why there were monsters in this world and how they could infinitely multiply.

Demon Lords fight to prove their strengths to each other, that cause some diversities to get pushed out from their homes and out into places where that are people in it. In the past, Demon Lord's attacking nations were normal but overtime, even they had grown tired of bullying the weak and ended up fighting against each other just to see who's stronger than who.

"Your majesty, even if we have created the best research equipment on hand, we still lack the knowledge to dig into this. I suggest we—"

"We what? Abandon this research? Once we know the reason how these monsters multiply and how they overflow from dungeons, don't you think we would be able to stop them from ever returning?"

"That is why adventurers dive into dungeons and break the dungeon cores in order to stop the monsters from overflowing"

"So you say yet once a dungeon close two more grow back. It is an never ending cycle and being in our location and all, the more we dragged this research the more stronger the monsters even grows. We do not have the leisure of stalling for time"

"But still your Majesty, we still lack personnel to do this. Even with all of us, who've you trained yourself, we can't still reached the conclusion of this research"

They were Oceanus' Finest researchers. They study magic and monstercology in order to understand why monsters never ran out of numbers. They were personally chosen and trained by Rizandra, they were good enough that the current magic alchemist in every Kingdom or even the scholars and grand mages wouldn't be able to compare.

However they still lack both numbers and equipment. If anything else, they were just to well behind compared to how advanced their research was.

"Your Majesty....."

"Enough. We shall discuss this at a later time. For the meantime, let us all take a break for now. I have a lunch meeting with the heroes today"

As Rizandra pushed the conversation to a close, she exists the lab leaving the research with a tired look on his face.....

"Kagami-sama, please refrain from destroying out buildings next time"

Kyoushiro's group had returned to the surface. However, Kyoushiro was getting an earful from Corralia, who had just witnessed the absurdity of Kyoushiro's power. Watching the sea part like that was like a something a god could only make. Although it was just a small hole, the depth was well over several hundreds meters. If compared to, it was around as high as the Burj khalifa on earth.

"........"

"Are you listening Kagami-sama? Even you are a hero, you cannot just wreak havoc like that. There some civilians right there earlier. You could have seriously hurt someone"

This was the first time someone scolded Kyoushiro after his parents died. Kyoushiro admit that it was refreshing but even things get old overtime. Kyoushiro merely sighed at Corralia who kept on talking while climbing back up to the surface.

After what happened in the city, the guards didn't arrested Kyoushiro thanks to Corralia's help. Some buildings and roads were destroyed but it was something a little magic couldn't fix. Literally speaking, Kyoushiro remade the broken walls and streets with «Transmutation» skill which easily fixed everything back to normal.

Kyoushiro even commented "At least make a Self-repair enchantment on the buildings. They're too weak compared to the ones I made" before leaving Ambrosia issued minted coins to the guards saying "have the architects visit Ambrosia next time" before completely leaving.

Elyria watched Kyoushiro do incredible things as though they were normal. Compared to other heroes, which didn't involved themselves in raising defenses in the countries they were chosen to protect, Kyoushiro just fixed some broken walls and streets in just a few seconds. It easily surpassed what normal architects can do in Paracellumn.

"Are you listening Kagami-sama?"

"Yeah, yeah. No breaking just put down someone gently"

"I think you misheard somethings....."

Katsuto remarked so as he was now sobered enough to recall to never messed with Kyoushiro again. After all, Kyoushiro already took down a Demon Lord singlehandedly. He just that strong compared to the others which could only work together to fight defensively against one Demon Lord.

In any case the group was heading back to the castle. This time, it was about having lunch with Rizandra and also having her assist in finding a place where Kyoushiro could set up his [Gate] artifact.

Unlike in the underwater city, Kyoushiro was happy that he could breath proper air and was walking dry on the surface. Kyoushiro had to feel wet all over in the underwater city. Plus, Kyoushiro wanted to have a bath before meeting with Rizandra. Being under the ocean and all, Kyoushiro smelled salty and fishy.

"Haaaah..... For the meantime, please stay in your quarters until lunch is ready. I shall come and get you all once everything is done"

Corralia reminded then so as they got near the castle.

PART#3

Kyoushiro had taken a bath and changed his clothes. From his adventurer look to a civilian style clothing, Kyoushiro walked out from his room. The kid he brought were sent to the infirmary for proper inspection so he wasn't with Kyoushiro. Corrallia took charge of the kid until he wakes up.

Koizumi and Katsuto left Kyoushiro after parting at the entrance of the castle while Elyria was escorted by the maids to her room. 

Kyoushiro was left alone until lunch was ready.

Walking alone in the halls, Kyoushiro recalled his time in Travestin. Although short, it was very much what started everything. Forcedly summoned, got ostracized, ger sentenced to banishment after being trial for a ridiculous crime and went to the wasteland and created things that would help him conquer this world. Well, that was his first idea but abandoned it after meeting his parents in some weird dream like place while turning into a Demon Lord/ Hero.

All that happened in just six months. Kyoushiro can't believe all the things that happened while being in this world.

"Well.... there some ups despite the downs"

Kyoushiro accepted Lucinda, he learns that Mikoto has feelings for him and for whatever reason, Arianne was lusting over him. What's more, he met a mother and daughter elf while looking for an elf princess before getting involved inside family schtick that nearly caused a whole Kingdom to get destroyed.

Just how whack is this world that everything that just happened was full of unexpected things happening one after the other. Besides from fighting a tentacle Demon Lord, meeting a Demon Lord with strange interior decorating taste and then killing some army of mutated mercenaries which then led to some battle with another Demon Lord.

Kyoushiro's feet stopped as he gazed at the distance before realizing how very eventful his six months was. Enough to make him sight a thousand times and absentmindedly look away.

Seriously, really, it was too eventful....

"I really need a vacation......"

Kyoushiro muttered to himself as he started walking again.

For now, Kyoushiro had to focus on one thing first. That was to create a communication network with every abled country in this world. That way, instead of putting two heroes on one place, everyone could deeply their armies the moment monsters would come an attack or a Demon Lord would start some kind of war with a country with heroes.

Travestin needs some fortification. That was Kyoushiro had to link Travestin with Ambrosia. By now, even without Kyoushiro's supervision, the people of Ambrosia could create things that will help fortify Travestin.

Furthermore, Kyoushiro's army might grow to a point where they could go to places and act as an international relief army for the sake of keeping world peace.

But that was for the future. There are still 11 Demon Lords left. There is a lot to do before resting.

"Looks like you're thinking about something"

"........"

Elyria had suddenly appeared in front of Kyoushiro. Although in her case, Kyoushiro had wandered off near Elyria's room as she just got out.

Kyoushiro shook his head before walking again.

"Hey, don't ignore me"

"Look, I wasn't trying see you alright? Don't get any strange ideas. I just wandered off that's all"

Kyoushiro replied prickly at Elyria. 

"I wasn't thinking of anything. I just noticed you were deep in thought"

"Well, if you noticed that, you should notice I was trying to ignore you"

Elyria's brow twitched for a second at Kyoushiro's reply. As the two were walking, Elyria grabbed Kyoushiro's arm and pulled him to a stop. Kyoushiro halted his steps and looked at the hand holding onto him.

"Look, I'm just trying to make up for what I've acted towards you back in my country. You're our savior yet I still haven't thank you"

"You're welcome. Now, let go"

With a brisk pull Kyoushiro got out from Elyria's hand. Elyria glared at Kyoushiro for a bit before heaving a heavy sigh.

"Haaaaah....."

"What?"

"Look, I'm sorry alright? I know I acted rudely but—"

"I don't care. Rather, I don't like hanging around women I'm not comfortable with. Makes me itchy"

Kyoushiro coldly shotdown Elyria, who was sincerely apologizing. Though what some of his words were a lie but most of them was true. The last time he got comfortable with some woman he didn't know he got branded as some molester in his part-time job. 

Elyria's face then turned dark as she felt insulted by what Kyoushiro had said.

"I'm already sorry so why are you acting so bitchy about?"

"Tsk. Just stop being so annoying and get away from me"

"Oh come on. I know you're a hero and all but aren't you being way to rude to a woman who's trying to say sorry how she acted before?"

"Like I've said before, I'm now hero. I don't like being called and neither being treated like one"

Kyoushiro started walking again but Elyria jumped into his way and glared right straight in his eyes.

"I don't know what's your problem but you need to start sorting it out and stop taking it out on me"

This time, Kyoushiro got more irritated. A blue vein popped on his forehead as she glared back at Elyria.

"You're starting to get on my nerves"

"Well then? What are you waiting for?"

Elyria put both arms to her side, insinuating that Kyoushiro hit her. Kyoushiro clicked his tongue and just walked passed her. Elyria however, persistently kept on getting in front of Kyoushiro, trying to get things out from him.

Finally, Kyoushiro stopped. With his right hand, Kyoushiro massaged his forehead, trying to calm down the rushing head ache coming up.

"Look lady, I'm busy thinking of things which you don't even care about. So how about you go on your way and make friends with everyone. Ok?"

"........"

"Seriously?"

Elyria refused to move away from Kyoushiro's path. With her hand on her hip, Elyria looked up at Kyoushiro's eyes straight, waiting for an answer. Kyoushiro couldn't help but be more annoyed by this but he couldn't just threw Elyria out of the window and walk away. After all, she was sent here by Elfianna as an escort. Also if he killed her now, it wouldn't do any good since he has already established a base in Paracellumn. It be more annoying if the elves started a war because he just killed Elyria.

"......."

And so, Kyoushiro, having no other choice, make a look of surrender and sighed.

"Haaaah.... God, why are women so stubborn...."

"We're not stubborn, you men are just too guarded. Why not let your emotions out once in a while?"

"Do I look like the type that gets emotional?"

"I was there when The Demon Lord of the Shadows came. I saw how you glared at him for calling you a child"

For whatever reason, Elyria smiled at him. Kyoushiro was taken aback by that and took a step back.

"You're acting....weird"

"That's just your imagination. Come, let's talk in my room"

Elyria walks to her room's door and beckons Kyoushiro to come in. Tilting his head, wonderingly what the stiff elf was trying to do, Kyoushiro walk towards the room and enters it. Though he has no idea why Elyria was acting like that, Kyoushiro just wanted to finish things up and eat.

*Clack* As the door closes, Elyria lead Kyoushiro his seat. 

4