Vol. 4 CH. 7 — The figure of a hero
243 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 4 CH. 7 – The figure of a Hero

PART# 1

Kyoushiro was taken to various places where he could make his [Gate] artifact. With Elyria behind him and Corralia presenting the places where the [Gate] artifact could be set up, Kyoushiro enjoys the scenic view of the ocean.

As one would expect from a place surrounded by sea, the dolphins jumping in and out of the sea was amazing. Kyoushiro hadn't been in vacation for a long time now so such thing felt wonderful.

"Waaaah!! Look Hero-sama! Those Dalphines are doing their fishing dance!"

The kid— Finnick, joined Kyoushiro who was going around the city on a boat.

"There! There! The horned whale just shot up some water!!"

Finnick points at the water sprouts at the distance. Kyoushiro saw it too but the huge ocean cruise ship like whale gave Kyoushiro another punch in the face. That horned whale was big enough to swallow a pirate ship if it wanted to. Just seeing that made Kyoushiro think how outrageous this World's seas were.

Moreover.....

"Why is the kid even here?"

"Eh? I thought you wanted to bring him along?"

"Of course not. Why would I want to bring a kid on a trip like this? I don't even know him"

Kyoushiro looked down at the kid who was enjoying the blowing winds like he was in Titanic. The thought 'Should I push him down and see if he'll float?' crossed Kyoushiro's mind since Finnick was brazen enough to join Kyoushiro in looking for a place he could use to make a port.

Finnick then turned around, with stars in his eyes and ran towards Kyoushiro.

"Hey nii-chan!"

"Who the hell are you calling that? I ain't your nii-chan or anything"

Kyoushiro scowled at Finnick for acting so close with him.

"Eh? Aren't you a hero? You should be happy you're helping a kid like me"

Finnick smacks his fist onto his chest. With a smile proudly saying he was serious. Kyoushiro though, only see a pitiful kid who's head had a few screw loose.

"I won't be responsible if someone will claim I kidnapped you when we get back"

"Don't worry! I'll make sure I'll tell them I'm the Black Hero's right hand man!"

Right hand man he says. Although Kyoushiro was already thinking of throwing the kid overboard, Elyria was sure to object in that. Corralia was just looking at Kyoushiro like he was like some kind ideal personification of a hero just like Finnick.

In truth, the reason why Finnick help himself in joining Kyoushiro was because Elyria kept on telling how he fought two Demon Lords and won, fought off a thousand army of mutated mercenaries and grandly told the two much he had changed a city within three months.

All that Elyria said was exaggerated. However, for the people of this world, the exploits of heroes were one thing to remember as they were currently living in the era where heroes currently exist. It was like meeting an esteemed being herald by the heavens above and watching their actions influence the world with their own eyes.

Furthermore, if someone were to question the personalities of each heroes, Kyoushiro would be the unique one since, out of everyone else, he was still couldn't get used to living in this world. 

Sperm whales? This world doesn't have that! Bomber Whales is what this world has! Tentacle monsters? We got all sorts! Pick one and you'll enjoy your day!— It was like the world was some kind retail mall that sells all the weird things that the gods made for entertainment. Even the giant squids have blades for legs and tuna with human limbs were the embodiment of nightmares.

For someone who still cling to the common sense of earth, this world was like a never ending rollercoaster that just goes up and down with heights and depth surpassing the even the sky itself.

"I don't need a right hand, I already got mine"

Kyoushiro sarcastically moved his right arm and flicked Finnick's forehead.

"Ow!"

"Now, once we get back, you go home back to your place. I won't be dealing with shits like people claiming I've kidnapped a kid"

Kyoushiro snickered then stood up.

"How childish"

"Indeed, he is"

The two girls commented on Kyoushiro's actions. As the boat sailed close to the last stop, Kyoushiro and sure to ignore Finnick crying while holding onto Corralia's legs.

Out of all seven islands available around Oceanus, Kyoushiro chose a wide looking one with an active volcano inside it. It was a small archipelago with numerous smaller islands surrounding the center which had the volcano in it.

"This one here is hardly one I would recommend. Pirates often pass through here and leave their treasures to hide or spend a night it. On top of that, there's a dangerous side which a ravenous whirlpool that is always occupying the north west side of the islands"

Corralia had brought Kyoushiro to all six islands. Each one had their unique shape and size but none of them had such dangerous side to them. The first island was a single rock large enough to make a small town. Kyoushiro seemed to have thought that the first island was a sunken mountain or something just basing on the size of the island.

The second and third were out of the question. They were too small and hardly had enough resources to use for on-site building. The fourth, fifth and sixth ones were just nearly perfect if they didn't have any living inhabitants like the mermaids or the tunamen.

"Would it be best to rethink your choice?"

"Nah, this is good. If all things considered, I could make a resort out of this. Plus there's a volcano nearby, making it possible to build some energy resource facility. I want to see if it's possible to create a geothermal powerplant in this world.....what?"

Corralia, Elyria and Finnick was looking speechless. Aside from the young Finnick, who didn't understand what Kyoushiro was talking about, Corralia and Elyria was just stunned by what Kyoushiro was planning. They understood that purpose of connecting Ambrosia with Oceanus, but building a resort in these waters was next to suicide. On top of that, he was going to use an active volcano for something even they couldn't comprehend. It would have been good of Koizumi and Katsuto were to come since they could talk some sense to Kyoushiro.

But with those two staying back on the palace to relax, there was no one going to stop Kyoushiro and his crazy ideas.

"Uh.... building the port aside, you wished to make a something else in this islands? I don't think I can recommend that"

"That's right, didn't you hear what she said earlier, pirates comes and goes to this place. I don't think the workers you'll send here would be safe"

The worries of the Corralia and Elyria were normal. After all, to them, people were just as dangerous as monsters. Especially in places where the governments of any country barely reach. Oceanus's knights barely patrol the area and there weren't even a lot of people visiting this place since it was too far and dangerous.

It wasn't exactly as safe as the land that never age.

"Doesn't matter. I'll set up the [Gate] now so let's land already"

Kyoushiro told the boat driver to continue inland, ignoring Corralia's warning. As the boat got closer and closer, the air suddenly turned tense and ominous clouds began to fill the skies as though trying to warn the visitors not to continue.

Just then, Kyoushiro waved his right hand, like wiping of dust on a mirror, sending away the clouds like it was nothing using his skills. 

"Amazing! You're a hero that control the weather!? That's so awesome!!"

Finnick liked Kyoushiro's actions. Whereas the other two just thought how wasteful it was to use such skill on an islay trying to send them away.

"Stop jumping, do you want to put a hole in the boat?"

"Eh? But this boat is sturdy though?"

"I will make one just make you fall in so stop it"

Kyoushiro warned Finnick from causing more trouble. Finnick then replies with his mouth pouting 'yes' still wanting to have fun. Well, the dangerous part had just passed. Not the clouds but the thing that just swam underneath the boat. Kyoushiro noticed that it was aiming for the boat so he used his «Gravity Manipulate» skill to make it sink deeper underwater. It had it's back bone probably broken since Kyoushiro used to much power on it.

I'll set up some Magic Iron Nights around this place to clear it out. I'd have the worker golems build me a house since this is a beach and all. I always wanted to have fun in the beach— Kyoushiro thought while yawning.

As the ship hit shore, a pleasant breeze blew in. The palm trees were waving them welcome and the whole beach was just shining in glitter. After a couple of years since his parents passed, Kyoushiro came to a beach himself. The only place close to a beach he's been was in Tokyo boy when he was dumping barrels from a boat into the sea.

I swear those barrels didn't have any other waste in them besides melted corpses— Kyoushiro stretched his limbs out while thinking so.

"It's beautiful here"

Elyria stepped foot onto the sandy beach, looking around the place. Corralia came down next and like Elyria, she too thought the island was beautiful. Finnick just dropped down on the ground since his feet couldn't reach the ground.

"Oof"

"Careful kid"

"That was too late for a warning don't you think?"

Elyria sighed then went to help Finnick stand up. Kyoushiro ignored them and surveyed the island using «Magic Seer» skill. Aside from the animals living inside, there wasn't anything noteworthy. Kyoushiro then sent a wave of magic power around the island to see if there was anything more but, aside from the volcano and the whirlpool Corralia mentioned, there wasn't anyone living in the island.

There are buried treasure though.

"Alright, I call dibs on whatever treasure we find on this island"

"Eh? What do you mean by that Kagami-sama?"

Kyoushiro walked off and entered the forest, ignoring Corralia. The three immediately followed him inside. As they walked through the mangroves of trees, they easily reached a clearing. There, Kyoushiro took out the necessary materials he need for a [Gate] artifact and quickly built it before the eyes of the spectators.

*Vwoom* As the gate finished after a while of waiting, a blue colored wave swept across everyone. From there, Ambrosia was now connected to this place.

"Wow....!!"

"H-Huh? This is...."

"......."

They couldn't believe it with their own eyes. Except for Elyria, Corralia and Finnick have yet to see how other countries look like. That's why when they saw the terminal in Ambrosia, they were quickly amazed.

"Let's go in"

Prompting the group, Kyoushiro entered the gate.

"W-Wait!"

Corralia called out to Kyoushiro but he was already gone. Elyria just sighed and shrugged her shoulders saying "It's best if we go now. He won't wait" Then went in inside the gate herself. Finnick nervously went inside then Corralia followed after.

As soon as the three of them entered the gate, a whole new world came into view....

A while after Kyoushiro left Ambrosia, a certain celebration was being made under way.

"Arianne-sama, are you certain that Kyou-san will be happy if he were to see this?"

"It's not a problem Edsel-san. With this, everyone will know who Kyoushiro is"

Standing right in the middle of the plaza in the southern downtown part of Ambrosia we're Arianne and Edsel. Guards stood around them to prevent any civilians from entering the vicinity of the area where a certain project was underway.

Arianne was smiling in glee. Everyone around had eyes filled with curiosity and expectation. After all, there was this large object covered by a cloth tower tens of meters before them.

Though, Edsel had her misgivings on upon the project herself, Arianne's will couldn't be bend by merely reasoning with her. After all, if this were to be seen by the person himself, it was without a doubt that he wouldn't be too happy about it.

Ever since Edsel had come Ambrosia, she had seen things that are normally not in this world. There was a proper housing for everyone, be it commoner or noble. Inside the houses has their own source of water and a place to bathe and wash their clothes. Not only that, the streets weren't littered with dirt or trash, it was always clean. Lampposts lights up the streets at night and hardly any people complain about monsters attacking.

The only common thing here like in other places were the ruling government. Hardly any noble stays in this country since the only noble around was Arianne herself. The people helping in her government were chosen individuals thought by the Queen herself in order to help her properly govern Ambrosia.

Edsel had heard from the person herself that at the beginning of it all, it was hard since Ambrosia was just a lawless city. It was thanks to Kyoushiro's meddling that made it possible to make a city so vibrant as this.

"Arianne-sama, the construction crew are nearly done with the project. All that's left is to prepare for the festival"

"Understood, please prepare the necessary materials needed for the festival later on. This is Ambrosia's first festival after all, let us have the people experience something fun after a long time"

"Yes"

Arianne finished talking with the young black haired soldier about the proceedings of preparation for the next phase of the project. 

For a while now, Arianne was thinking of having a festival for the whole city. Since, it was only recently that a Demon Lord attacked this place, it was only normal for them to have some sort of relief to tell them that the threat has passed.

Now that there's a way to go to and from different countries like Travestin and Paracellumn, there would now be an exchange of goods; therefore all kinds of goods are now being sold throughout the city.

"Well then Edsel-san, I'll leave the matters of handling the other project on your hands"

"Understood, Arianne-sama. Please leave it to me"

Arianne, being busy as she was, still finds a way to always take a break. Edsel kind of admired her for it. Elfianna wasn't someone to let herself take a break once in a while so there were times she would be more tired to do work. Well, it wasn't that bad as the life in an elf country was peaceful.

Edsel lowered her head slightly as Arianne leaves the plaza and rode a long car guarded by her knights.

This sort of thing was way different in other countries. Edsel was still wasn't used to how Ambrosia work even after a few weeks passed.

In any case, the next project was still underway. The western part of the city still needs some decorations and someone had to place some people to control traffic. There was still a whole lot to do but for Edsel, this was way better than being an outlet of lust by some bandit in a village.

PART# 2

Kyoushiro, Elyria, Corralia and then Finnick appeared in the terminal of Ambrosia inside the commercial district of the city.

"Oh? Boss, where'd you appear this time?"

"Some remote island in Oceanus. Have some people go there and prepare the worker golems to begin construction. After that, have some security personnel guard the place in case some pirate comes in the island"

Unlike before, the dwarf that welcomed Kyoushiro wasn't here. The one greeted him was a Bear type Demi-human. He was also a member of the terminal's work force.

"Aaah.... Your majesty, my apologies but we can't spare some personnel this time. The whole city is preparing for the first festival of Ambrosia"

"A festival?"

It was the first time Kyoushiro heard such thing. He didn't hear anything from Arianne or Edsel when he came here days ago so he was just taken by surprise.

"Yes sir. The whole city is preparing for it. I hear that it'll be a grand festival with fireworks and dancing. I even heard that the commercial district will open their bars for drinks till the festival ends you know? It's going to be epic!"

"You guys really love beer huh?"

Kyoushiro sighed with a smile on his face. Seeing that everyone was now enjoying their peace in a city where their lives wouldn't be in danger or their food would ran out, was enough to make Kyoushiro happy. After all, the inconveniences in this world for him was too harsh as well. Being able to have this party after a long time was just pleasing.

"So? Why wasn't I told about this? This'll be my first festival in this world you know? I got to be there"

"Hahaha! Of course! I'm sure her Majesty Arianne-sama just forgot to mention it to you. Why don't you hurry there and ask herself then Boss?"

"I'll do that later. I'll just take some worker golems and Magic Iron Knights from the depo in my place. Make sure to have a guard or two standing next to this [Gate]. Either that or I'll just close this"

"No, no. I'll have someone man this [Gate] later Boss. Don't worry, just have fun with your lady friends there"

The person then smiles suggestively and winks at Kyoushiro. Turning his head slightly, Kyoushiro caught the sight of the two girls garnering attention. Probably because right now Kyoushiro entered through a gate, which only he can do, caused some attention to go to his direction.

Elyria had already seen Ambrosia so she wasn't that surprised but Corralia and Finnick, who has only been Oceanus since birth, the whole city was like a wonderland that they never have seen before.

"You're misunderstanding something here"

"Nope. No need to explain, boss. Your secret is safe with me"

Once again, the bear Demi-human winks at Kyoushiro. Though, there was no secret to keep in the first place since the two women were nothing to Kyoushiro, it would just be troublesome to explain around a whole crowd surrounding him.

Actually, it was a pretty hot weather. Being in a wasteland and all, it wasn't good to stand in such crowded place. As such, Kyoushiro sighed and walks off towards the exit.

"Ah! Hey wait!"

"Kagami-sama! Please wait for us!"

"nii-chan! wait!'

Quickly, the three rushed to chase Kyoushiro with the cried still looking at them.

"Wow...."

Such exclamation came from Finnick as he leaned towards the window inside a moving car. Seated on the driver seat was a driver who was once a cart driver, now drives a cab to earn money. Kyoushiro was on the passenger seat in front while Finnick, Elyria and then Corralia was in the back.

They were driving through the main road of the 3rd district of the Commercial part of the western city of Ambrosia. Because this was the busiest part of Ambrosia as a whole, the towering buildings, probably leased to some merchants that came from Travestin or Ambrosia, were glimmering with lights. Aside from the New York like vibe, it was still normal looking with all the people still dresed in poor quality clothing.

That was only natural since those people were either visitors from Travestin or they still didn't bought some earth style clothing.

Kyoushiro didn't have anything to do with that. There were some people in the old Ambrosia being a dress maker in the past so everything just went with the flow.

"Don't lean up outside too much kid. I don't want to see your guts spread out in the road"

"Uh.... shouldn't you warn him in a different way mister?"

The driver wasn't a Demon-Spawn. He was a normal looking old man that wore a farmer like clothing. But being a concerned person, he reprimany Kyoushiro for his choice of words.

Kyoushiro scoffed and just told the driver to just drive.

"I won't be responsible for the kid. He isn't mine"

"Wow!! Hey nii-chan! Look! There's some elves walking around in the streets!"

Finnick points at the elves sticking out like a sore thumb in their tight adventure equipment. Kyoushiro glanced there for a  minute and saw other people wearing some rough looking armor as well. They seemed to be adventurers from Travestin since they weren't Demon-Spawn. 

It's probably spread around that they can visit Ambrosia through Travestin huh? Well, I didn't think it would be this fast though— Kyoushiro thought to himself as he recalled that it wasn't only a a month or so since he came from Travestin and built the [Gate] on that side.

Structural advancements aside, the people living in Ambrosia was changing at a fast rate. Kyoushiro might have been the main cause of that since he didn't like sleeping in a hot weather but watching other people from other countries visit Ambrosia, the place where they send their Demon-Spawns too was something unbelievable. It wasn't only long since he received a horrible welcome from the elves but now some were even coming Ambrosia to look around.

"I guess Arianne worked hard huh?"

Kyoushiro snugs himself to his seat and fixed the direction of the fin on the panel. Soon, comfortable cool air hits Kyoushiro's body.

This is one thing I'm happy to make— Kyoushiro muttered to himself with a satisfied smile.

"Hey now there mister. You shouldn't go around calling the Queen of this country like that. That's rude, she did made this whole Kingdom with the black hero after all, have some respect"

Suddenly, the driver got angry.

"Huh?"

"Like I said, you should be grateful that you're in this place. Ambrosia is probably the safest place in this world with how the Black Hero made such convenient place. I'm grateful that someone like me even got the chance to work in this Kingdom"

Apparently, the Ambrosian Kingdom started opening their doors to people from other countries for work. It was due to having less than a half a thousand people living in Ambrosia. Though, that was before the nearby settlements started to migrate to Ambrosia for safety and a new future. But, even with that the number of people working in Ambrosia was small. That's why, when the first gate opened, those who wanted a job were quickly hired.

Kyoushiro was dumbfounded by such thing since it wasn't what he expected. Ambrosia grew because he let his own worker golems upgrade the city. With the help of all the races living in Ambrosia, that has deep knowledge in Crafting, Alchemy and Enchantment magic, as well as construction and a farming, the whole Kingdom advanced at a rate Kyoushiro didn't see coming.

It wasn't something he could claim of doing. After all, he was only a stepping stone in the prosperity of the new Kingdom. It'll be it's people that'll lead it to a better future or to a horrible demise. 

"So that's never causally mention the name of the ruler of this great city"

It was bad. No, it wasn't that bad but hearing other people preach like that some kind of religion was way worse than Earth's. It was like some religious fanatics knocking at your door until you answered because they pounded on it like fifty times so you got annoyed and just answered it. 

"I see, well I'm sure the great Arianne-sama will understand. She is a benevolent Queen after all"

Kyoushiro replied black while closing his eyes to sleep. The people in the back were just quietly bewildered because the man didn't recognized the person sitting next to him as none other than the Black Hero himself.

Since Kyoushiro fell asleep, Corralia got curious and asked the driver about something.

"Excuse me, Mr. Driver. Can I ask what kind of person is the Black Hero?"

"Oh him? I know rumors but I hear he is the one true hero that's been summoned and only those that came with him were just carried along"

"Eh? But aren't every hero just as strong as him?"

"Maybe. I did hear that he took down the 9th Demon Lord with four other heroes but they didn't seem relevant in the battle is what I heard"

Probably because it was just word of tongue that came from the witnesses of that fight, the story got jumbled up. With everything that's happened, it seems that the rush of the developments in Ambrosia caused the story to be overblown.

"Still though, I'm still curious of what kind of person is the Black Hero. Was he not a Demon-Spawn?"

"Aye, that I heard. Apparently because of that he was exiled from Travestin. Though Her royal Highness Queen Lucinda said that the crime ludicrous and to much of a make-believe crime concocted by the old nobled there"

"I see...."

Corralia nodded to herself, trying to understood what she just heard.

"Say mister! Is the Black hero a great and strong hero? I want to know how that fight with the Demon Lord went!"

Finnick excitedly jumps forward and leans on Kyoushiro's seat, causing Kyoushiro to wake up. With a grumbling look on his face, Kyoushiro once again closed his eyes.

"Let's see..... from how the bards tell it, it seems that the Black hero appeared in the sky and shot a thick beam of light towards the Demon Lord. Then he joined forces with the four heroes and fought the Demon Lord. Sadly the four heroes were no match for the Demon Lord so the Black hero fought it with all his might until he lost an arm and an eye"

"Eh!? He lost an arm and an eye?!!"

"Aye. That hero is said to be living in the tallest tower in Ambrosia. You can see it from here too. It's that towering building behind the royal palace. It's built on a hilltop or so I heard"

"Where!?"

As the driver points the the direction of the tower, Finnick jumps forward and rocks the seat Kyoushiro was on. This time, Kyoushiro, who had been disturbed for the third time, sent back Finnick back to his seat with «Wind Manipulation» skill.

"Oof! Hey what was that for nii-chan!?"

"You've been very annoying kid. Should I just toss you out on the street? Can't you see I'm sleeping here?"

"Sheesh mister, aren't you a sour lemon"

The driver was surprised at Kyoushiro who used force on a kid who was just being curious. Kyoushiro then shot a glare at the driver to make him silent. The driver understood the message and stays quiet throughout the drive until they reached the front of the castle.

"We're here, get off you three"

Kyoushiro got off from the car proceeds his way towards the gate. But the driver, not getting paid for the ride yet chased after Kyoushiro.

"Hey! You haven't paid yet! That's at least 10 silver Ambrose you know!"

"Ah right"

Kyoushiro muttered then walks to the guard of the castle gate. The guards then recognized Kyoushiro's face and quickly salutes.

"Welcome back your majesty Kyoushiro Kagami-sama!"

"Stop that, here, hand this 10 silver Ambrose to that driver there. I'm heading in"

"Yes!"

As Kyoushiro and the others passed through the gate, the driver, who was receiving 10 silver Ambrose couldn't help but wonder, widened eyed, who was that rude passenger he had just drove here. When he asked the guard, he then received a smile and very enthusiastic answer.

"Ah! That was the Black Hero and King of Ambrosia! Kyoushiro Kagami-sama! You sure are lucky to have him as a passenger today"

The guard leaves and returned to his station with a smile on his face. Leaving but the man standing still in shock as the person he had just told off was none other than the person he was just talking about a couple of minutes earlier.

5