Vol. 4 CH. 9 — Choices
263 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 4 CH. 9 – Choices

PART #1

"Hey Aniki, can't we just kicked down the door or something?"

"Now, now, Kyoushiro. If you just force things through, you might get up on the mess afterwards. It won't do good if we force this person to pay for his debts"

"Isn't that what we're here for anyway?"

Right, that person was the only proper adult I respected huh? Even despite working as an underling for the Yakuza group, he still didn't let his kindness leave him.

His name.... I forgot about it huh? It's only been like two years since he....

"Oh? See? If we ask nicely then—"

"Aniki! Wait!"

"Eh?"

*Bang!*

"Ugh........"

Kyoushiro woke up by the sound of gunshot ringing in his ears. How fresh it is, that incident that took the life of the only proper adult Kyoushiro looked up to. The moment when the muzzle of a rifle peeked out from the slit of the ajar door until the trigger was pulled.

The sight of blood splashing before his eyes was like that of his parents on that day. How unfortunate it was indeed. To have the only people in his life taken so gruesomely like that.

"Haha....."

Kyoushiro let out a little laugh.

After arriving in Ambrosia, Kyoushiro decided to take a break and let himself rest for a bit. Kyoushiro left Oceanus immediately after arriving there then went to Ambrosia in order to fulfill Rizandra's request for a specialized magic artifact.

Then after visiting his tower, Kyoushiro went to gather the necessary materials in his workshop before sending Corralia and Finnick back to the castle. Then when night came, a maid brought his dinner then later he slept.

So many things have happened since he came here. It was like a rollercoaster ride that never slowed down.

Enough so that he even dreamed about the incident back before he entered highschool. It was exhausting just to live in this world. Finnick was probably the caused for that since he kept on calling him "Nii-chan" since yesterday.

Right only a day has passed since he came to Oceanus, how could he forgot....

"........"

Leaving his bed, Kyoushiro decided to wash up and change clothes. After that, he fixed his bed then looked that progress of his magic artifact.

It hasn't even started yet. Kyoushiro must have felt tired so he slept in early. Forgetting about his project entirely. This silence in the morning, Kyoushiro forgot how peaceful it was for a while now. He hadn't got a decent peace and quiet ever since the incident in Paracellumn.

Everyday was hectic. That's probably the reason why Kyoushiro felt tired the moment he came home.

Anyways, Kyoushiro wore a different set of clothes this time. He took long sleeved shirt and slacks with his self made sneakers. It was one of the few clothes he made thinking how bad it would be to stay in the same clothes everyday.

In this world, Kyoushiro might be the only one that think so.

"Well then"

After doing some light stretches, Kyoushiro passed through the [Gate] that connects his room to the castle. 

"Good morning, your majesty. It seems that you woke up early"

A maid greeted Kyoushiro the moment he stepped out on the other side. 

"Morning. I just slept early last night. Nothing to make fuss about"

"Certainly"

The maid then passed through the [Gate] into Kyoushiro's room. Although Kyoushiro already said he didn't want any caretakers, the maids still decided upon themselves to help Kyoushiro everyday by cleaning his room. It was their way of acknowledging that Kyoushiro too was part of the royalty of Ambrosia.

At this point, Kyoushiro didn't mind anymore but even he had the mind to clean up after himself. He fixed his bed before coming here but the rest of cleaning will be done by the maids since Kyoushiro wouldn't be in his room everyday.

In any case, leaving that aside,. Kyoushiro made his way to the kitchen. He wasn't planning on cooking but fresh bread is always made in the kitchen. A few loaves of bread would hurt for morning snack right?

That was he plan but when he passed through the dinning hall, the other were already having breakfast.

"Ah! Good morning Kyoushiro!"

Arianne greeted Kyoushiro happily. Then....

"Kyoushiro-sama good morning"

"Good morning Kyoushiro-kun"

"Yeah.... morning"

Aside from Arianne, Lucinda and Mikoto was present as well. Not only them, there was the kids, Clara, Rea, Lea, Dahlia and then Finnick. They were eating pancakes.

"Kagami-sama, good morning"

Corralia, Elyria and even Edsel were present. Kuro and Nero weren't there but if they were, it wouldn't be Finnick the only boy in room. Kyoushiro greeted as though he was forgetting something but he recalled that Arianne called over Lucinda and Clara. Mikoto was included of course but wasn't she supposed back in Paracellumn? Minami must be looking for her right now.

Well, not that Kyoushiro cared about her anyway.

After sitting himself across Lucinda, the maids immediately served Kyoushiro breakfast.

"Kyoushiro didn't come for dinner last night, did you sleep in early?"

"Something like that. I missed my own bed after all"

"I see, then are you planning to continue your break for the rest of the day?"

"Hmmm.... maybe. It's not like I'm in a hurry to return to Oceanus anyway"

"Then, would it be alright if you join the parade later this afternoon?"

"Parade?"

Just as after Kyoushiro put his spoonful of food in his mouth, he paused. Kyoushiro didn't thought of any parade happening during a festival. In this world, wouldn't that be just the homecoming of a hero? Kyoushiro thought so but if you think about it, this was Ambrosia's first festival. It's probably just some harvest festival like parade.

"Sure, I don't mind coming"

"Great!"

"I'm so happy that Kyoushiro-sama is in a good mood today"

"Huh? I wasn't yesterday?"

"Well, Kyoushiro-kun always has this grouchy look everyday so.... ahahaha"

"Heh... well, I probably just had a nice sleep that's all"

Kyoushiro smiled. He had just a nightmare but he didn't felt like he was depressed. He just felt like the memory of his dead acquaintance resurfaced because he was with Finnick. Seeing how Finnick was calling him Nii-chan for a whole day.

"Your Majesty, do want more coffee?"

"Yes"

Kyoushiro got a refill of his cup. While drinking however, two unexpected guests came in the dining hall.

"Yo Kagami, morning!"

Katsuto came in with a wide smile on his face. Koizumi walking behind was shaking his head left and right. That was because Katsuto just disrupted a peaceful morning by barging on them.

Naturally, Kyoushiro didn't know why the two came to visit.

"Yeah..... why are you two here?"

"Come on, don't ask like we're not welcome here"

"I'd rather ban you but I think that might just get you to annoy me more"

Kyoushiro replied harshly back at Katsuto. But the young lad didn't mind it so much as he shrugged Kyoushiro off and took a seat right next to Lea, who was on the right end of the table, in front of Clara.

Koizumi followed suit but he took the seat which was just right next to Kyoushiro.

"I didn't told you to come in though?"

"hahaha"

"Don't laugh....."

Kyoushiro sighed as he just sat down and didn't say anything anymore. But, Corralia on the other hand got worried as there were no heroes guarding Oceanus right now.

"Uhm.... Koizumi-sama, why have you and Katsuto-sama came to Ambrosia? Is there anything wrong in Oceanus?"

"Don't worry, there's nothing to worry about there. In the first place, we just came here since the ferryman said you four didn't return. They got worried so we came to the island. Well, we know Kagami took you all here"

While being served breakfast by the maids, Koizumi explained so. He was bit taken a back by some of a western and Japanese breakfast mixed on the table but decided to ignore it.

"I see... It might best if I had informed them about are stay here first"

"It's fine. We already explained to Rizandra-sama about it. She didn't mind. Also....."

Koizumi trailed off as he turned his head towards Kyoushiro and said....

"We're not the only ones that came"

"Huh?"

Before Kyoushiro could act, suddenly covered his eyes. A soft hand laid over his face and sweet voice whispered to his ears.

"Guess who?"

"........."

Kyoushiro didn't have to guest. It was Princess Lydia. For whatever reason, she came to Ambrosia and did something to Kyoushiro in front of Lucinda, Mikoto and Arianne. As expected, the air suddenly became heavy. The kids however, already finished eating and ran off. Clara seemed to have forgotten that her father was in the room as she was preoccupied by Rea and Lea as well as Dahlia playing with her.

"Princess Lydia huh......."

"Yes! It is I, your Lydia! I have come here in order to see you again!"

It went without saying that Kyoushiro felt more horrible chills in front of his wives than against two Demon Lords and a mutated army of mercenaries.....

PART #2

The entire city were preparing for the parade this afternoon. Of course, everyone was working hard in order to make this whole festival perfect. Stalls were lined up around the plaza, groups of bards with all kinds of music instruments were playing in the streets and people having smiles on their faces were walking around with their loved ones.

Yes, the city within Ambrosia was happy. Yet inside one room, a young man was faced with the gazes of three women.

On the right side was Mikoto, she had her arms crossed. Lucinda wore her usual smile and on the left was Arianne, crossed-legged showing her smooth legs under her skirt.

Kyoushiro was sitting right in front of them. Of course, not on the floor. Lucinda had Kyoushiro sit on a chair rather than doing seiza.

Princess Lydia was right next to Kyoushiro. Although her appearance wasn't different from her old elf self, she had this small flickering balls of light around her back. It might have been due to her race as a High Spirit Nymph.

"So....."

Kyoushiro slowly tried to speak.

"This is princess Lydia, she's the next elf Queen of Paracellumn"

"No, I am now the new Queen of Paracellumn Kagami-sama. I had just completed my ascension the other day and am now the new Queen of the elves!"

Princess Lydia declared so happily. Kyoushiro didn't know that she became a queen already. It was only natural since it has been days since he left Paracellumn. But he didn't expected that Princess Lydia would come to Ambrosia disregarding her position as Queen.

Elyria, who should be scolding Princess Lydia and forcing her to return, wasn't here. That was because, the moment she saw Princess Lydia, Elyria quickly ran back to Paracellumn to report back to the former Queen Elfianna.

Shocking enough, Princess Lydia was brazenly sticking close to Kyoushiro despite him trying to distance himself from her.

The first one to speak was Mikoto.

"Haaaah... I've heard everything from Minami-chan already but I didn't think it'd be this bad"

After the creation of the terminal in Paracellumn, telecommunications as immediately established. The [Comms Link] artifacts were implemented as soon as the workers came to Paracellumn. That was to make sure there as steady connections between the trades and happenings in Paracellumn and Ambrosia's intelligence unit under Kuro's command.

According to Mikoto, it seems that while Kyoushiro was staying in Travestin for a while in order to be with his new born daughter, Minami contacted Mikoto about the new flies that were going to flying around Kyoushiro.

Of course, Kyoushiro didn't know about this talk between the best friends as such, he was surprised when Mikoto mentioned it.

"You talked with Todoroki?"

"Yes, it's when you were playing with Clara. I kind of.... well, I just told Minami-chan how it was cute that you and Clara-chan we're playing together"

Spoken like a true wife. Mikoto bashfully explained that she went and called Minami about the time when the father and daughter were playing together. Rea and Lea we're even with them that day so it was kind of like a small tea party with the father playing a part on it. Lucinda was busy with the proceedings with her enthronement while Mikoto was just free herself.

Well, after given the chance of obtained long ranged communications in a fantasy world, it would only be normal for her to talk about this to her best friend.

Mikoto then turns to Lucinda. It looks as if there was something she too needed to talk about.

"Lucy-chan"

"Very well, I shall tell him then"

Taking in a deep breath, Lucinda faces Kyoushiro with a serious expression. One that made Kyoushiro, who was prepared to be told off by his wife for looking at another woman.

"Kyoushiro-sama, you may have as many wives as you wish"

"Huh?"

Kyoushiro's face froze. What does she mean by that? Kyoushiro's mind suddenly fell into chaos.

"Kyoushiro-kun, don't you know? Polygamy is a common practice in this world"

"Huh?"

"That's the reason why there are no infighting between the three of us. Lucinda-sama is your first wife after all. So long as she does not mind you increasing the amount of wives you want, none of us will complain"

Arianne said that with a smile. Kyoushiro already know about polygamy but he didn't think that even Lucinda would allow it. As a guy, this should be enough to make him jump of the moon in happiness. Just think of having all kinds of women he would have in his life.

No, as a person with common sense, this sort of thing was just unbelievable.

Although they might not realize it but Kyoushiro was still worrying what to do with Mikoto and Arianne. Of course, he had resolved himself to a bloodbath since back then but he hadn't thought that the three of them would even mind Kyoushiro having more wives.

At that moment, Kyoushiro's brain was fried. The thought of his wife giving him free reign of taking in more women felt like he was being neglected as a spouse. Kyoushiro could somewhat understand since she was a Queen and all, after all, earth had kings with more than three wives.

The only difference was that, in this situation, what Kyoushiro was given were the choice of marrying more than one ruler of a country. Mikoto was a hero, born and raised on earth, but seemed that she had already accepted the thought of Kyoushiro having more women.

Kyoushiro looked at Mikoto, Lucinda and Arianne then to his side where Princess Lydia was smiling lovingly at him. 

It was impossible. Kyoushiro was still brooding over the first three but he was faced with an option that made even his mind skew over itself. The feelings of a man loving only one woman and the feelings of a male with sexual urges.

"........"

Right, Kyoushiro didn't know what to say in this situation.

"Kyoushiro-sama? Is something wrong?"

"No.... I just that you just might like it if someone else suddenly appeared and flirt with me. I was ready to explain the situation but I ended up just embarrassing myself....."

Kyoushiro embarrassing himself was one of the few moments anyone has ever seen. Naturally, Kyoushiro himself doesn't get embarrassed even when someone looks at his naked body. He is a man after all. Showing his muscles was like showing his trophies. Not to that extent, even he has shame as human being. Going nude in public is a no-no.

"So in short, you three won't mind even I have more than you guys?"

"Of course!"

The three answered in unison. They even wore bright smiles to encourage Kyoushiro. Somehow, Kyoushiro didn't feel happy about that all.

"Then it's official! I'm the fourth wife!"

Princess Lydia declared so with her hand high. 

"I'm sorry Lydia-sama but Edsel-san has taken the seat as Kyoushiro's fourth wife"

"Eh?"

Princess Lydia and Kyoushiro wore shock faces. Kyoushiro understood that Edsel seemed rather affectionate with him on a friendly level but he didn't think it would progressed like that. As for Princess Lydia, she was just surprised that somebody claimed the fourth seat before her.

The kids were playing in the garden. The maids had take the liberty of seeing the care of those to their hands while the parents were having a marital discussion. It was obvious that the maids had a clear thought of what was going inside that discussion. The king who had still yet to accept the common sense of this world was being taught how this world operates. Well, in a domestic scale at least.

Anyways, the maids watched over the daughter of the king, Clara with her sisters; Rea, Lea and Dahlia. Finnick stood out of place in the garden of flowers as the four girls were making flower crowns.

Koizumi and Katsuto were present alongside Corralia, who was watching the scene with a complicated look on her face.

"To think that something like that happened....."

Koizumi had explained to Corralia what happened during their stay in Paracellumn a month ago. Although what they heard was only from the High Commander Kuro, it was something that even they didn't expect to happen.

Travestin was attacked. The first Demon Lord appeared at the end of the fight while Taiga instigated it all with the help of Demon Lord Vraheim. The fight left Travestin in shambles. So much so that they had to accept Ambrosia's aid under the form of being absorb in it.

Furthermore, Clara, who was Kyoushiro's real daughter, had the class of [Chaos Princess] which was more alarming than the father that turned into a Demon Lord and a Hero.

"Should we be worried about what Kagami-sama might do in the future?"

"I don't know.... but it might be best if we prepare for something"

"......."

Koizumi was looking at the kids playing. This innocent and peaceful days won't last long in this chaotic world. Right now, Kyoushiro is an ally but in the future, it might change. Minami's words rang deeply inside Koizumi's mind as it was something that concerned Kyoushiro himself, which was right now, the strongest among the heroes. There was also Taiga to worry about.

"Kyoushiro is an ally for now but.... as much as possible, I'd like to keep it that way"

Koizumi looked at his hand. It was the hand of a man who had soaked himself in the blood of both monsters and humans in this world. No, it wasn't just that, it was the hand that sent Kyoushiro crumbling down that fateful day in the throne room.

"Koizumi-sama?"

"It's nothing"

Koizumi sighed and smiled back at Corralia. It wouldn't make any point if he were to make Corralia feel worried about all of this.

"For now, I'll try and contact the other heroes about Taiga. Please keep it a secret from Katsuto"

"Understood, please leave it to me"

Corralia nodded. Koizumi has no idea what was going on inside Taiga's mind right now but it was certain that he would seek help from the other heroes in order to get back at Kyoushiro. Taiga was a dear friend of Koizumi, as much as possible, he would like to avoid confronting him as an enemy.

It's best if I move alone for now. I guess I'll be leaving Oceanus to Katsuto in the meantime— Koizumi thought as he gaze at the back of the dunce playing with the kids acting as a monster.

"Raaaar!! I'm gonna eat all the bad kids!!"

"Waahahahah!!"

Such playful scene made it harder for Koizumi to choose which side was right. In the end, Koizumi disappeared from Ambrosia without anyone noticing.....

2