Prologue
494 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue


Ethan "Neo" Hunt. He was nicknamed Neo by his comrades because he could "dodge bullets in slow motion".

Born and raised in Canada.

Graduated from university with a bachelor's in computer and mechanical engineering.

Worked for Canadian Security Intelligence Service for five years. Got bored and quit.

Joined the RCMP Special Emergency Response Team. Got bored after three years.

Joined the military. Got drafted into Joint Task Force Two.

Became Commander of CANSOFCOM (Canadian Special Operations Forces Command).

Retired at age of 45.

Joined the CSE (Communications Security Establishment).

Died at age 60. Cause of Death: Died while saving a little girl who fell on the train tracks.

Anyone can see that Ethan led an extraordinary life. Though if you ask him, he'd just say that he merely went wherever he found fun. There were also no redeeming features about the guy. He had good looks, but that was almost every soldier in the unit, males and females included. The only thing that stood out about Ethan: He did not like to be praised. Did he expect anything extraordinary to happen to him after death? No. No, he didn't. Did something extraordinary happen to him after death? No… Unless you call reincarnation extraordinary. And not just merely reincarnation. He was in a world where children started killing at the age of twelve, where people had weird-ass eyes, and where powers that could cause natural disasters were nothing new. That's why when his eyes opened for the first time in this world, his first sentence was-

"What the actual fuck?"


1 Year Old

Man, babies sure do sleep a lot. Hah… Fuck, this is boring. I wonder if I can get my hands on something fun. Ah, maybe later. I'm tired.


2 Years Old

Okay, it looks like I'm two years old now if the big ass 2 on the birthday cake is anything to go by. Now let's sort out what I know:

My name is Ken Uzumaki. An orphan. (The reason seems to be a giant animal that attacked this place.)

I have red hair and violet eyes. (DAMN SON, I LOOK LIKE A SUPERHERO!)

I can run but not too fast. (FUCKING BABY FEET)

This world is not as advanced as… Earth? Hell, I don't even know what it's called.

Guns don't exist. (FUUCCKKKK)

There is some sort of a natural energy in the humans' bodies. I believe they call it "Chakra". (A cheap substitute for our weapons.)

Ken put his thoughts on hold as all the kids continued with the birthday party. Everyone seemed to be playing and enjoying. Ken was also playing with the other kids. Even though he was technically a 60 years old man in a kid's body. Even when Ken used to be Ethan, he always went to where the fun was. Young or old. If shit gets boring, he was out. That's why he never felt shy of playing like a little child.


3 Years Old

Damn. Time passes fast. Though at least I know how to read and write by now. These guys… they don't speak English (No shit, Sherlock) but the language is awfully familiar. Ah, whatever.

Life just keeps going normally. Same old, boring routine. Wake up, eat, study, eat, play, do some chores, eat, sleep, repeat. Though one thing did catch my attention though. A kid. Blond hair, blue eyes, typical American look. Except, he seems to have three whisker marks on each cheek. I don't know if they're real whiskers or they're just markings. I wanna touch em.

Another thing that stood out is that he always seems to have some kind of guard protection. There's always a guy (or girl, idk if she's just flat) in grey body armour and a weird ass mask watching over the kid from the corner. Every week is a different guard, though the only way to tell them apart is by the mask, or by the hair.

One guy had long black hair in a ponytail. The other guy had white (or silver) hair that stood up on one side. There was this other guy who had normal short black hair but eyes that were… like glowing red or some shit. And lastly, there was this one girl with purple hair. It actually looked nice. Even though I can see them, it seems no one else seems to notice them, not even the older caretakers. I just act like I don't see them either. Best not to attract attention.

What else is that no one seems to like the kid. I think his name was… uh… shit, it started with an 'N'. He has the same last name as me: Uzumaki. I wonder if we're related though. The name says yes, but the genetics say no. Ah well, who cares. Family gotta stick together right? He also always seems to be alone, I tried approaching him multiple times, but was always pulled back by the caretakers. I saw him this morning too. Poor guy seemed so lonely. And hungry. You can almost see his ribs. I'll try to sneak him some food tonight.

That night, Ken stayed up until late – which was really hard to do since it was still a child's body (even though he was exercising every night) – and watched under the door until the light went off. He then counted to 3600 and silently pulled out a bag of some snacks from under his bed.

Ken tiptoed his way towards the door and opened it swiftly. There was a slight air current but no creaking. Holy shit. Thank heavens, he thought in relief. Ken made his way to the blonde's room silently while avoiding all the creaks and everything in the hallways. He finally reached the outside and again, opened the door swiftly. He silently entered the room and surveyed it, remembering his JTF2 training. As always, the masked guard was watching over the blonde again, but this time, the guard's eyes seemed to follow Ken. He closed the door being him and walked over to the kid's bed.

"Hey, kid. Wake up." Ken said not too loud, but loud enough to be heard. "Oi!" he shook the blonde with some force.

"Huh?" the kid finally woke up. "Who?"

"It's me, Ken." The blonde looked around warily.

"W-What do you want?"

"Are you hungry?"

"Huh?"

"I said: 'are you hungry?' You were looking at everyone eating dinner today like you never got any in days. The caretaker told us you already ate, but I don't really believe that." Ken explained.

"Yes. I'm hungry. I didn't get to eat in the afternoon or night." The blonde said, looking down.

Ken really did feel sorry for the kid. He seemed so nice. Why the fuck are those bitches telling us to stay away from him? Ken lifted his hand and put it on the blonde kid's head. He playfully ruffled his bed head and smiled. "Well, make a hole. I got food." He said.

"Huh?"

"Make a hole. Meaning move over or make some space. I sneaked some chow from dinner today for you." The blonde's face lit up with a million-watt smile and he nodded enthusiastically as he moved over.

Ken climbed onto the bed and handed over the food bag. "By the way, what's your name?"

"I'm Naruto Uzumaki," Naruto said while already inhaling the food. Ken nodded.

"Well, I'm Ken Uzumaki," Ken answered as he kept an eye on Naruto to gauge his reaction. There was nothing. "I guess you're my brother or something, eh?" he tried. That definitely got Naruto to notice him.

"Huh? How?" Naruto looked at Ken questioningly.

"Well we got the same last names, so like… yeah. And people with same last names are usually related. So yeah, I guess we're brothers." Naruto looked at him wide-eyed, forgetting the food completely.

"Cool!" he shouted as he jumped to embrace Ken. Ken was a little surprised at this. Naruto making such intimate physical contact with someone he met so recently showed just how much he was neglected. They held each other for a minute before Naruto let go and went back to eating. Once again, Naruto broke the silence. "Did you know our parents, Ken?"

"Nah. I'm also an orphan just like you. But they said that our parents died because some giant animal attacked." Seeing Naruto depressed expression tugged at Ken's heartstrings. "Hey, at least we have each other, right?" And once more, as if a switch was flipped, Naruto's face lit up with a smile.

"Hai, Nii-san!" Naruto answered happily and went back to munching on the food.

"'Nii-san', huh? I think I like that," Ken replied with a small smile on his face.

Eventually, Naruto finished eating and went to sleep as Ken tucked his little brother in. Little did Ken know, this small bond would grow into something even the gods couldn't break.

10